PDA

View Full Version : Just installed new hard drive on my Sony Vaio laptop.........

Come Honor Face
10-01-2009, 11:26 AM
I bought the laptop used. It had windows vista home premium on it before the Hard Drive died. I have no Windows disc, How do I get windows on the new hard drive? Do I have to buy it? If so, that's gay! Is there another way? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

food for thought
10-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Windows is commercial software- meaning u have to buy it.

i had a bootleg version and got locked out my computer after updating.

u have to buy it unless u know someone who has copies. like in my colleges business school, we have a professor who has copies of all that shit- student versions, so we can get that shit free from him.

i doudt u have connections like that so,

u can install Linux - its an OS like windows but its free.

it works just as good, u just have to get used to it becasue it looks a little diferent

it beats paying $170 for windows though...

racist randy
10-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Yeah, like he said, unless you have a good connect, you gonna have 2 pay up.

food for thought
10-01-2009, 05:27 PM
i just picked up a Windows XP boot disc from ole dude today

and finally fixed my punk ass desktop

i had to delete everything on my shit.

but now i have a fully functinoing joint and u will see me on here a lot more now....

anyway,

im willing to send you the XP disc that i used, along with the product key.

not Vista but i dont why u would want to use vista neway lol that shit has alot of bugs and bullshit problems with it

anyway holmes,

whats it worth to u kid?

check two
10-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Do you got a copy of Windows ME?

food for thought
10-01-2009, 06:56 PM
are u trying to make some kind of joke, shit stains?

the fuck is ME?

check two
10-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Windows Millenium Edition. smh

Mr. X
10-01-2009, 07:04 PM
You need the recovery disc that come with laptop. He should have given them to you.

food for thought
10-01-2009, 07:11 PM
lol

nah i dont.

Poetic Wun
10-01-2009, 08:34 PM
like thought said, try Linux (Ubuntu)
depending on the laptop, if you get XP you might not be able to downgrade... well you can but it'll be a bitch and a half to find all the driver fixes.

also try Windows black. only issue i had with it is WMP but you can mos def find a fix for that... but it's free.

or just use the 7RC for right now till you can come up with 100 to buy it.
(if you hate on 7 for it being like vista you're lame)

lastly if you have the green sticker on there still you can go to the manufactures website and order a recover vista disc for bout $15.

i've gone through formatting/partitioning/new HD's millions of times and no matter what OS there's no "hard reset" button lol

PALEFORCE
10-01-2009, 10:12 PM
the best way is to back it up right away

WARPATH
10-22-2009, 01:07 PM
There is way to crack the activation on windows xp and vista. Just get a re-install disc from any computer.... and.... fuck you pay me

WARPATH
10-22-2009, 01:08 PM
I second old boys suggestion of installing linux. Windows sucks anyways. I run linux on everything. EVERYTHING.