PDA

View Full Version : Canibus Readies Solo Return Next Month

joe245
10-03-2009, 12:19 PM
SOURCE: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.9906/title.canibus-readies-solo-return-next-month

After being largely absent from the Hip Hop scene in 2008, veteran emcee Canibus [click to read] is quite active in 2009. In addition to partnering with Keith Murray [click to read] as The UNDERGODS, Canibus is preparing his Melatonin Magik solo LP return for next month.

Released through The War Lab/E1 Entertainment on November 24th, Melatonin Magik is rumored to feature guest spots from Kool G Rap and Chino XL, as well as production from Bronze Nazareth, Allah Mathematics, Marco Polo and others. The project is A&R'd courtesy of M-Eighty [click to read] (Wu-Tang Meets The Indie Culture, The UNDERGODS).

Canibus has also united with Hit Squad veteran K-Solo and Born Sun as The Sharpshooters, as well as given merit to rumors of a full-length with Kool G Rap and veteran producer Domingo.

For information on Melatonin Magik, touring and other releases, fans can [click here].

CharlesJones
10-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Nobody cares about another Canibus album because it's gonna be shitty like all of his albums because of bad beats LOL. He's gonna go down in rap history as being one of the illest mc's who never made a good album LOL.

joe245
10-03-2009, 01:17 PM
You've not heard the album he did with Stoupe then?

RAW-TASTE
10-03-2009, 01:29 PM
You've not heard the album he did with Stoupe then?

yea rip the jacker was a great album, it had nice beats by stoupe. i think canibus just needs to team up with a decent producer for all his albums, cause he cant handpick beats for shit!

CharlesJones
10-03-2009, 01:49 PM
LOL@Raw Taste saying Rip The Jacker album is great hahahahahahahaha. Whatever. That was funny what you said about he's terrible at picking beats LOL.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
10-03-2009, 01:50 PM
already know this as a bis fan myself i can't wait

angry!
10-03-2009, 02:04 PM
marco polo
bronze naz
allah math

g rap feature

sounds good to me. bis needs to get back to that pure battle rap shit, i dont care if he thinks its moving backwards punchline bis rapid fire bis is the bis we all fucked with. the new incarnation of bis is what die hards fuck with, i still hold out hope always though because his potential is through the roof!!!

"a nigga so ill i got aids scared to catch me" or a "sex with a tv news anchor"!!! sort it it out homie!!!

Knowledge God
10-03-2009, 02:06 PM
LOL@Raw Taste saying Rip The Jacker album is great hahahahahahahaha. Whatever. That was funny what you said about he's terrible at picking beats LOL.

Not many Hip Hop albums if any are better than Rip the Jacker.

Funny how every1 hates on Bis before the album is even released. He's like the nerd in school who gets picked on by all the dumb kids. Regardless though, the nerds still get straight A's don't they.

This album is gonna be beast, but like Rip the Jacker it will most probably be too complex for the average Hip Hop fan to understand.

UncontrolledSubstans
10-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Nice! Hope he have some nice beat on it. Canibus still dropping some dope stuff:

u9C_NQwsGS4

Some of his new stuff have been absolutely garbage tho.

CharlesJones
10-03-2009, 03:03 PM
LOL@Knowledge God saying not many rap albums are better than Rip The Jacker hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

spiggity_ace
10-03-2009, 03:14 PM
other than psych evaluation i think every song on rip the jacker is dope hence it is a dope album
mic club was also cool to me i hope this one will be dope, he got bronze naz and allah math on production AND marco polo

ironmantis
10-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Nobody cares about another Canibus album because it's gonna be shitty like all of his albums because of bad beats LOL. He's gonna go down in rap history as being one of the illest mc's who never made a good album LOL.

The silliest prick in the world is the one that views a thread that they have no interest in just to make negative comments. It must be a waste of their time and other peoples time to read shit like that. Cut down the spam and fuck off with that wack negative shit. Get a life

Just to see how stupid you've made yourself look, read your first 6 words and then look at the title of the thread you have entered.

No offence.

You can reply all you want like I know you will, that's ok if you want to waste more time, but I know I won't lose sleep over your reply and you will not get anything response from me.

On a lighter note, can't wait to hear this album.

Bobby Budknickers
10-03-2009, 04:52 PM
LOL@CharlesJones saying LOL@(insert name here) and then hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Tecknowledgist
10-03-2009, 04:56 PM
LOL@Raw Taste saying Rip The Jacker album is great hahahahahahahaha. Whatever.

it's a great album. you just cant get your head out of your own ignorant black ass long enough to realize it

The album received overwhelmingly favorable reviews. C. Brown of AllHipHop.com wrote that Canibus provides "incredibly sharp lyricism" and "has adopted a more technical approach to his rhyming since the 1990s."[1] Allmusic's Andy Kellman considers the album to have the "best set of productions Canibus has had to work with". HipHopDX called Rip the Jacker Canibus' best album and praised the "lyrical dexterity" which can be "matched by very few".[5] Entertainment Weekly's Jonah Weiner describes the rhymes as "high-flown and delivered with gruff scorn -- but inane".[4] URB magazine writer Steve Juon of RapReviews.com ranked it the best album of 2003[18] and said it may be Canibus' "first album of perfection".[6]

Kilian Murphy of Stylus Magazine praised the record for its "pleasing level of instrumental detail and liquidity." Nathan Rabin of The A.V. Club wrote that Canibus "sounds like a kid who spends his free time reading the dictionary" and that the album is his "strongest, most consistent work to date. A shameless name-dropper, he references Noam Chomsky, Joseph Heller, Niels Bohr, and David Hume in his dense, challenging rhymes".[3] Samuel Chesneau of The Stranger called it "easily his best album" which "incorporates a much different sound and a real gothic feel".

but anyway, i thought his next solo was going to be C of Tranquility?

Baitong
10-03-2009, 04:58 PM
there isn't a Canibus Track out there that Canibus doesn't rip to shreds his Album for me is automatic Purchase

roodyp4364
10-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Whatever happened to "C of Tranquility". I thought that was supposed to be his next album?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-04-2009, 08:00 AM
marco polo
bronze naz
allah math

g rap feature

sounds good to me. bis needs to get back to that pure battle rap shit, i dont care if he thinks its moving backwards punchline bis rapid fire bis is the bis we all fucked with. the new incarnation of bis is what die hards fuck with, i still hold out hope always though because his potential is through the roof!!!

"a nigga so ill i got aids scared to catch me" or a "sex with a tv news anchor"!!! sort it it out homie!!!

funny that u didn't comment how he has one of the best emcees on his album [ChinoXL has arguably the best punchlines]

angry!
10-04-2009, 10:37 AM
that could be dope too i kinda stopped checking for chino when he was easier to find on soap operas than the studio!!!!

that shit was wack!!!!

triPAUD
10-05-2009, 12:30 PM
lookin forward to this. last album was dope. i feel like people probably hate on it cause its canibus.

roodyp4364
10-05-2009, 12:47 PM
that could be dope too i kinda stopped checking for chino when he was easier to find on soap operas than the studio!!!!

that shit was wack!!!!

U gotta be shitting me lol?

Chino's been real quiet ever since he came to the 805. Hopefully he's sharpening his punchlines for a new album.

GhettoGnom
10-05-2009, 01:14 PM

that shit was wack!!!!

Haha @ the logic :fucku::fucku::fucku:

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-06-2009, 03:15 AM
U gotta be shitting me lol?

Chino's been real quiet ever since he came to the 805. Hopefully he's sharpening his punchlines for a new album.

He been dropping singles all over, check the youtube.

He is still dope.

The Prime Sithesizah
10-06-2009, 07:23 AM
listen to Chino's new track called "Nahh"... its nothing to argue about anymore, Chino is the illest punchliner that ever lived..