PDA

View Full Version : Could you date someone who had totally different musical tastes compared to yours?

Blackula Spectacula
10-06-2009, 11:31 PM
I've always pondered at this until I date some dudes that liked music I fucking hated .. like this one dude who liked nickleback .. as soon as I found he was into nickleback ... I broke it off with him .. I just couldn't bare to even have to put up with that shit.

ZigZag
10-06-2009, 11:36 PM
still tryna get a hot date huh laura...

food for thought
10-06-2009, 11:41 PM
depends what the music is.

im not dealing with no heavy mental. or country smh

i can deal with most of everything else though.

i use to mess with this chick that listened to classic rock all day. but i liked that shit cause it was around the time i was dabbling heavy with psychedelics and shit

she always had that shit playing on the radio

Blackula Spectacula
10-06-2009, 11:43 PM

ok ...

TSA
10-06-2009, 11:45 PM
jesus christ you're a fucking fag.
you mean to tell me you're still checking this site in total silence, then when blackula posts you always seem to pop back up as the next response?

JerseyIronman
10-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Hahahahah nickleback?

thats likes the ultimate douche bag band

i would dump anyone if they had that in their music collection

http://www.partyaftermath.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2/Nickelback1.jpg

Blackula Spectacula
10-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Hahahahah nickleback?

thats likes the ultimate douche bag band

i would dump anyone if they had that in their music collection

http://www.partyaftermath.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2/Nickelback1.jpg

ok good now i don't feel so bad

Olive Oil Goombah
10-07-2009, 12:02 AM
i also dislike nickelback heavily.

at first, i thought this was a dumb post, than i realized, ironically, how much i hate nickelback and actually thought about whether or not i could stay with a girl who thinks their music 'rocks'.

weeeell, i think i could put up with it to a point, but who am i to judge.

I listen to wutang and have been bumping cuban linx 2. 99% of people dislike it.

In fact, MORE people like Nickelback than wutang. FACT.

zooruka
10-07-2009, 12:10 AM
funny this topic came up...I was wondering the same thing the other day but with a twist...I was thinking if I went out with a fine hunny and we hop in the whip and I start bumping rap (not that commercial kanye west stuff) but real head nodding shit ...would she be turned off and just think im immature.... I dont want no ruff honey...I want a sophisticated honey who takes care of herself but is still down to earth..but most of them honeys dont mess with you if you bump hard ass raps:dududu:.

peace

food for thought
10-07-2009, 12:25 AM
^lol how old is your weird ass?

zooruka
10-07-2009, 12:35 AM
im in my 20`s

but for real...real honeys just laugh at your ass if you still bump rap like you 15 or some shit unless they hood rats.

peace

diggy
10-07-2009, 12:35 AM
I don't know why y'all hating nickelback so hard. Not that I buy their music, but I once heard a song on the radio and the main singer had some insightful lyrics - stuff that makes you think.

Anyway, they are a generic rock band. Maybe that's why y'all hate them so much.

Now, answering the initial question, I think as long as it's not some heavy rock emo goth stuff and/or something totally not cool, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

The Hound
10-07-2009, 01:12 AM
Definately not Punk, Emo, Hardcore, Dub step and death metal.

:chef:

TSA
10-07-2009, 01:30 AM
funny this topic came up...I was wondering the same thing the other day but with a twist...I was thinking if I went out with a fine hunny and we hop in the whip and I start bumping rap (not that commercial kanye west stuff) but real head nodding shit ...would she be turned off and just think im immature.... I dont want no ruff honey...I want a sophisticated honey who takes care of herself but is still down to earth..but most of them honeys dont mess with you if you bump hard ass raps:dududu:.

peace
hhahahaha,true shit

but i dont want a girl that listens to wutang and fucking gravediggaz,
i would like if she understood why i listen to them but i don't want her to be a fan or as big a fan as i am cause i would feel inclined to talk about it too fucking much.

if she can occasionally throw up the W that's fine, but otherwise im not asking for my carbon copy

ALCATRAZ
10-07-2009, 01:32 AM
but for real...real honeys just laugh at your ass if you still bump rap like you 15 or some shit unless they hood rats.

^u sound like a virgin

The Hound
10-07-2009, 01:41 AM
^u sound like a virgin

Looks like you and Zooruka have something in common.

:chef:

J-Cee
10-07-2009, 05:57 AM
yeh i could..AS LONG as i don't have to listen to the shit that often and i can play my own shit..one of my EX's loved Bullet for my Valentine or some Emo bullshit like that,like heavily.,like one of those ,mad crazy fans who have pics of the band/singer in there purse n shit..glad that relationship didn't last...i always take over the music wherever i go..ehe

J-Cee
10-07-2009, 06:00 AM

peace

If the girl thinks that way and cant deal with it then thats her problem,i'd tell her to deal with it or fuck off.

YungSunny
10-07-2009, 06:20 AM
I'm 15....do you really think there's any hoes in Tennessee that listens to my shit?

I rather not have a girl that listens to my type of music but if I play it and she digs it then Ima cuddle her with instantaneously in a very masculine way.

Poetic Wun
10-07-2009, 06:54 AM
lol^ cuddle manly... thats gay.

unless it was some dumb spic-rap, spm shit then i'd much rather prefer her have a different music taste.

i don't need her off beat ass tryin to nod along to WU or even pose like "i love Wu, i had that 'got ur money' single'". i like my music for my liking... even my niggas all dig the same genre but different aspects. my main shit is wu, my other niggas shit is nas, and anothers is dead prez... n so on... and i get down with the cipher of us all debating on this, that & the third.

if i don't like something my girl or fam or one of my nigs gettin down on... well... i don't have 17 pairs of headphones just to look at.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-07-2009, 07:56 AM
People make too much of 'common interests'.

I've met hundreds of people with similar interests to myself, and there was no fluctuation in the percentage of cunts amongst this group, in comparison with the group who shared no interests.

People are either cunts or they're not cunts (with a slight degree of variation).

What music, films, art, literature or whatever other forms of entertainment they're into is pretty much irrelevant.

Shogah
10-07-2009, 09:06 AM
^ cosugn

I really know very, very little people that are really into hip hop, so it doesn't stop me spending time with them. Actually 90% of people i know don't really match my musical tastes fully...

Of course in long term relationships it could cause problems, and sure it helps al ot if your partner is in same musical area as you, but it really isn't something crucial for me.

Senator C. Palantine
10-07-2009, 09:08 AM
The question is would anyone date someone who posts on a website about Wu-Tang and constantly 'ether' eachother with unfunny jokes....

5hundred&one
10-07-2009, 09:28 AM
all the girl's I've dated were real particular about that shit, like it doesn't dawn on them that I'm a musician, music pretty much makes my world go around and if anybody in the relationship is particular about the shit they listen to, it's more likely to be me. they still seem to think their opinion on music is absolute.

the thing is, I have a good understanding of what music to play at what time, most bitches I know, with a few exceptions, just listen to songs they are familiar with and don't ever try to expose themselves to new shit. music is different for me, it's something you can use to set the mood for pretty much anything, so there's a way you can get people to trust your taste if you constantly have a good mix around you.

I like to kind of play DJ whenever there's a laptop around in a room full of people. I never make a playlist, I just look up shit on imeem and sites like that, one song at a time. Just kind of provide the background music.

at the end of the day, a girl's taste really isn't enough of a reason not to date her, but I've never had a girlfriend that listened to nickelback, so maybe one day I'll feel differntly.

Ginnsey
10-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Yea i tried that. went out with a rock chick for a while.

She was really cool. liked her hip hop drum and bass etc that i was into. but i couldnt stand her emo rock shit! it drove me crazy! Went to some clubs she wanted to go to always thinking "how much longer can i pretend to put up with this before i can drag her outta here?"

Yea it didnt work in the end........ but there were other factors

Working together (cant advise anyone enough not to start a work relationship) and i was a laid back pot head. she wasnt lol

JASPER
10-07-2009, 10:13 AM
I only date girls who can enjoy the musical genius that is Yanni. Or Jonas Brothers if she's 14 years or younger.

But in all seriousness, that's just shallow and petty. And like Mr. Homobateman just said: "People are either cunts or they're not cunts".

J-Cee
10-07-2009, 10:39 AM
all the girl's I've dated were real particular about that shit, like it doesn't dawn on them that I'm a musician, music pretty much makes my world go around and if anybody in the relationship is particular about the shit they listen to, it's more likely to be me. they still seem to think their opinion on music is absolute.

the thing is, I have a good understanding of what music to play at what time, most bitches I know, with a few exceptions, just listen to songs they are familiar with and don't ever try to expose themselves to new shit. music is different for me, it's something you can use to set the mood for pretty much anything, so there's a way you can get people to trust your taste if you constantly have a good mix around you.

I like to kind of play DJ whenever there's a laptop around in a room full of people. I never make a playlist, I just look up shit on imeem and sites like that, one song at a time. Just kind of provide the background music.

at the end of the day, a girl's taste really isn't enough of a reason not to date her, but I've never had a girlfriend that listened to nickelback, so maybe one day I'll feel differntly.

yeh yeh i agree 100%,im the same.

PALEHORSE
10-07-2009, 11:05 AM
i cant stand pop music in general. whether its pop rap, pop country whatever. and that harrdcore thrasher shit juust sounds like a fucking train collision in my head. i would date a chick with these taste but she wouldnt be able to touch the radio around me.

SID
10-07-2009, 11:21 AM
I've always pondered at this until I date some dudes that liked music I fucking hated .. like this one dude who liked nickleback .. as soon as I found he was into nickleback ... I broke it off with him .. I just couldn't bare to even have to put up with that shit.

Thats a bit OTT, don't you think?

Luckily I like almost all music except commercial hip hop and pop, and I would never even socialize let alone date anyone who loved those genres.

Teh KillaBee
10-07-2009, 11:56 AM
I worry if I have access to teh glory hole first.

Blackula Spectacula
10-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Thats a bit OTT, don't you think?

Luckily I like almost all music except commercial hip hop and pop, and I would never even socialize let alone date anyone who loved those genres.

I dunno what OTT means but, I like to listen to listen music most of day and I'm very stubborn when it comes to shitty bands, like nickleback. At the office they play the radio and always put it on pop station where they play Sean kingstons- 911 song or lady gaga's paparazzi song like every hour on the hour... Its fucking annoying, I seriously can't do my work having to listen to that shit... and i don't wanna use my headphones allot cause I have interns at the moment coming up to me asking questions...So I always have to sneak to the radio and change it to the alternative rock station cause they actually play good shit and never play nickleback THANK GOD

As for dating, I would wanna be with someone who's favourite band wasn't nickleback. This guy liked country music too, I was so not into that for some reason it turned me the fuck off. He also liked rap, but the shit thats on the radio right now, nothing old school. and what set me off was that He didn't like Tool or wu tang at all! :'o Unacceptable!

I think this was the main reason why I couldn't date this guy. He was gorgeous but I think I was funnier than him and he sometimes didn't get my vulgar sarcastic humor. Which sucked too.

Senator C. Palantine
10-07-2009, 01:34 PM
I was funnier than him

you dated Nicky?

the scarecrow
10-07-2009, 01:44 PM
ive tried dating someone w diffrent taste in music, i couldnt even drive w this girl cause of our tastes

SID
10-07-2009, 01:47 PM
I dunno what OTT means but, I like to listen to listen music most of day and I'm very stubborn when it comes to shitty bands, like nickleback. At the office they play the radio and always put it on pop station where they play Sean kingstons- 911 song or lady gaga's paparazzi song like every hour on the hour... Its fucking annoying, I seriously can't do my work having to listen to that shit... and i don't wanna use my headphones allot cause I have interns at the moment coming up to me asking questions...So I always have to sneak to the radio and change it to the alternative rock station cause they actually play good shit and never play nickleback THANK GOD

As for dating, I would wanna be with someone who's favourite band wasn't nickleback. This guy liked country music too, I was so not into that for some reason it turned me the fuck off. He also liked rap, but the shit thats on the radio right now, nothing old school. and what set me off was that He didn't like Tool or wu tang at all! :'o Unacceptable!

I think this was the main reason why I couldn't date this guy. He was gorgeous but I think I was funnier than him and he sometimes didn't get my vulgar sarcastic humor. Which sucked too.

OTT - over the top

I couldn't do any job were i was forced to listen to radio, i just couldn't do it, for me music is all about the mood and emotion i'm feeling at that time so for example when i'm in a mellow chilled mood, ill put on some Burial or Future sound of London stuff, just to accelerate my mood.

So when a shit radio track comes on, it will just fuck up my mood and irritate me, yeh i'm kinda musically sensitive

Drone pop, I CANT STAND, the only commercial track i like this year is sweet dreams, coz the video is hoot and beyonce looks really smashable in that gold corset shit.

I understand how you feel about your ex, if a chick with a nickleback t shirt, a country fetish and the lack of capacity to understand TOOL approached me, i would most definitely tell her to talk to someone else or introduce her to Nathaniel and quietly sneak out the room.

Blackula Spectacula
10-07-2009, 02:50 PM
I understand how you feel about your ex, if a chick with a nickleback t shirt, a country fetish and the lack of capacity to understand TOOL approached me, i would most definitely tell her to talk to someone else or introduce her to Nathaniel and quietly sneak out the room.

Yup, I'd do the same.

Guarded By Martyrs
10-07-2009, 03:14 PM
To answer the question...yes of course.

I've met hundreds of people with similar interests to myself, and there was no fluctuation in the percentage of cunts amongst this group, in comparison with the group who shared no interests.

People are either cunts or they're not cunts (with a slight degree of variation).

What music, films, art, literature or whatever other forms of entertainment they're into is pretty much irrelevant.

Co-Sign.

I've never given it a second thought.
To me if you like the person, that should be that.
Regardless of what they're into, as Pat said it's pretty much irrelevant.

Tommy
10-07-2009, 03:38 PM
I don't think I'd ever go as far to break up with them if they listened to shitty music. Every girl I've been with usually just listens to the mainstream stuff, regardless of the genre, so I kinda just roll with it because some of it I enjoy anyway.

What pisses me off though is when I play some of the real rap or rock stuff and she'll just say "what the fuck is this shit?".

Blackula Spectacula
10-07-2009, 03:41 PM
I just think if a dudes musical taste is more pussy than mines, it's not worth it.

Shogah
10-07-2009, 04:46 PM
One thing i must agree, is that nickelback sucks....

Tommy
10-07-2009, 04:59 PM
One thing i must agree, is that nickelback sucks....

Amen

SKAMPOE
10-07-2009, 05:03 PM
me n ma wiz sit back to blunts n murda music...its all a nigga want.

ZigZag
10-07-2009, 09:38 PM
jesus christ you're a fucking fag.
you mean to tell me you're still checking this site in total silence, then when blackula posts you always seem to pop back up as the next response?

TSA...is mad cuz i dont like boys.

SKAMPOE
10-07-2009, 09:41 PM
lmao

Blackula Spectacula
10-07-2009, 09:59 PM

yeah but you sure do like lurking around this site in total silence until I make a post you always seem to pop back up as the next response.

JerseyIronman
10-07-2009, 10:11 PM
yeah but you sure do like lurking around this site in total silence until I make a post you always seem to pop back up as the next response.

Zig Zag now finds himself in a tough situation.

ignore the accusation?

or respond and defend himself? ( simultaneously proving that he is actually lurking around the site waiting for Blackula makes a post)

zooruka
10-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Zig Zag now finds himself in a tough situation.

ignore the accusation?

or respond and defend himself? ( simultaneously proving that he is actually lurking around the site waiting for Blackula makes a post)

hahaha

Blackula Spectacula
10-08-2009, 12:04 AM
well i just hope this get that stupid ape off my back.

TSA
10-08-2009, 12:47 AM
clever

you do have some ridiculously cuntly interests tho. but i agree, i think the fact that ppl are cunts inclines them to like 1 thing over another

SKAMPOE
10-08-2009, 02:13 AM
L3naJFhGeDQ

Longbongcilvaringz
10-08-2009, 04:37 AM
you do have some ridiculously cuntly interests tho. but i agree, i think the fact that ppl are cunts inclines them to like 1 thing over another

Pretty much, there would be a very low probability of meeting someone who isn't a cunt who shares my interests.

(by the way, i only realised this a few months ago watching Curb Your Enthusiasm, but does Cunt = Pussy = Soft etc. in the US? If so, the meaning here is completely different)

5hundred&one
10-08-2009, 10:58 AM
^ nah, I've always thought of it more along the lines as a snob or a bitch. somebody who has a naturally abrasive, shitty personality I suppose.

I don't think I used the word cunt as an insult until I heard Monty Python use it, so maybe I don't speak for all Americans.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
10-10-2009, 04:08 AM
music tastes doesn't really matter to me that much anymore. it's always better if both partners like the same stuff, but not always the same. well, i think they should at least share one genre in common.

p.s. a cunt is by far worse than an arsehole.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
10-10-2009, 04:10 AM
music tastes doesn't really matter to me that much anymore. it's always better if both partners like the same stuff, but not always the same. well, i think they should at least share one genre in common.

CharlesJones
10-10-2009, 10:58 AM
If a woman doesn't like the same music i like, i don't mess with her. A lot of women don't like rap and i like rap. I like r&b too but i can't listen to a bunch of love songs like women do because love songs are boring to me.

Blackula Spectacula
10-10-2009, 02:31 PM

I agree that you don't have to completely have the exact same taste in music, however, at least some similarities and have something in common. With the dude I was talking about, I could compare his musical taste with that of a 13 yr old white girl. I just couldn't go through with that, I'm sure he could probably compromised with me and probably listen to whatever I listen to... but I that would bore me, I want a dude with his own personality and to somewhat inspire me.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
10-10-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm sure he could probably compromised with me and probably listen to whatever I listen to... but I that would bore me, I want a dude with his own personality and to somewhat inspire me.

i get what you mean. i'd like to have someone introduce me to good music i haven't heard before too.

did he not compromise and listen to what you listen to? that may seem boring to you, but if the music is new to him, then it wouldn't be boring for him. if he gets to like your music then you will have found a little bit more in common.

also, i would have made the guy wear headphones whenever he wants to listen to nickelback.

KaramelSundae
10-10-2009, 02:41 PM
The question is would anyone date someone who posts on a website about Wu-Tang and constantly 'ether' eachother with unfunny jokes....

shhhh dont tell anyone!

im pretty open minded about music so it doesn't bother me
i just can't stand techno

i rather listen to nickelback than techno

SID
10-10-2009, 03:07 PM
yo karamel is tht you in your sig?

KaramelSundae
10-10-2009, 03:41 PM
for the last time...

its nicki minaj:

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab130/Misztrey_2009/Amber_Rose_and_Nicki_Minaj.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/terroboy/chris-and-nicki-minaj.jpg

netscape check two
10-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Is that a homeless guy on the magazine cover? lol

Blackula Spectacula
10-10-2009, 04:25 PM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/terroboy/chris-and-nicki-minaj.jpg
Chris brown hit it.
Is that a homeless guy on the magazine cover? lol

yes, that is jim jones

L~>1<~NKS
10-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Man fuck all this

Whoever likes Hips, Tits, and Clits on Chicks say... L~>1<~NKS is that spic!

Olive Oil Goombah
10-10-2009, 07:53 PM
links is a spic alright, but i dont kno about that spic

HANZO
10-10-2009, 09:14 PM
as long as it aint some faggy emo shit and they dont try to play their crappy music in my car im fine with it.

Uncle Steezo
10-10-2009, 11:52 PM
my sister listens to everything but tends to play the wackest bullshit top 25 mtv playlist bands and singers. she also likes to watch these 90210 clone teen drama tv shows.

it basically puts up a wall cause i'll leave the room if thats the rotation. or pull rank and tell her to cut that shit off.

so if my girl had the same tastes as my sis, and worser still did not have the diverse tastes as my sis so exclusively played jordan sparks or some assembly line flavor of the month popstar...*deep breath* it would create a cultural division that might not hurt the relationship but it definitely wouldn't bring us closer.

all that being said, diff music tastes is dope cause you get exposed to new flavors. my sister put me on to some artists that i'm now trying to get to know.

zooruka
10-10-2009, 11:58 PM
my sister put me on to some artists that i'm now trying to get to know.

yeah back in the day my little sister put me on to the firm (the rap group not the band).

peace be with you !

snapple
10-11-2009, 12:31 PM
everyone i've been with has had the same taste in music as me....never had this problem...

i think itd be a problem...car rides....what we listen to in the house....when we go out dancing....music is everything....

GhettoGnom
10-11-2009, 01:10 PM
im not dealing with no heavy mental. or country smh

Johnny Cash >>> Your favorite rapper

OT;
No. Well, I got a friend who only listened to techno & really heavy heavy metal, I made him like Hip Hop after a single evening with weed and my mix CDs though.

Huggasaurus Sex
10-12-2009, 12:57 PM
OT;
No. Well, I got a friend who only listened to techno & really heavy heavy metal, I made him like Hip Hop after a single evening with weed and my mix CDs though.:can:

Blackula Spectacula
10-12-2009, 02:01 PM
everyone i've been with has had the same taste in music as me....never had this problem...

i think itd be a problem...car rides....what we listen to in the house....when we go out dancing....music is everything....

I totally agree

Prolifical ENG
10-12-2009, 02:07 PM
If their physical albums owned doesnt crack 100, their musical tastes are irrelevant.

Huggasaurus Sex
10-12-2009, 08:44 PM
face
weight
fuck ability
kissing style
ass
sense of humor
tits
sanity level
height
job
intelligence
family

musical taste

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
10-12-2009, 08:47 PM
I like rap, but women who listen to rap are classless, unfeminine, and are more likely to have a stinky pussy.

Blackula Spectacula
10-12-2009, 09:12 PM
how about girls who like old school hiphop? oh wait .. you're opinion is null.

Bobby_Digital72
10-12-2009, 09:22 PM
My Wife Litens to country..(Just not around me) ...and when she watches 90210 and gilmore girls..I just hang out in the extra bedroom with my HDtv..Ps3 and the CPU....But we do agree on some types of Music..She isnt really into rap but i still get play Wu-tang for our daughter lol

10-12-2009, 09:26 PM
how about girls who like old school hiphop?

Well, her puss might smell ok, but then again, if they have a huge, hairy, Eskimoe, beaver-pelt type thing going on that's built for utility and not amenity, then it probably doesn't smell good.

Seriously though, if a girl listens to some rap she could be ok, but exclusively rap, and you should avoid her cause she's trash and her shit stinks.

Blackula Spectacula
10-12-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm colombian, you piece of shit!

10-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I know. Im just joking. I don't really think you live in an igloo and have a hairy arctic wollf pussy that smells like salted, preserved chinook salmon jerky.

It's all love.

11th Chamber
10-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Shit I honestly think iv only dated one girl who listens to hip hop (fag shit like lil wayne, but still)

So I dont really see it being an issue.

I was with this girl who was diehard into Emo shit, but I jus put up with it. I mean its not a big deal if u care about the person n shit