PDA

View Full Version : I find todays music way too polished.

TSA
10-07-2009, 12:18 PM
sometimes its not a bad thing but a lot of the time it makes albums and bands boring.

like when everything sounds all perfect

perfect singing, perfect sound.

gimme that shitty tape recorder or recorded in an open room sound anyday, love that shit. :b

SID
10-07-2009, 12:36 PM
If you don't like recorded shit the next best thing would be going to a live gig, shit is gritty and partially distorted but its the best shit ever.

AcidPhosphate69
10-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Live hippie bands are some of the best musicians I have ever heard/seen. Check out these guys.

Zach Deputy
U-Melt
Umphrey's McGee
Gruvis Malt
Indobox
Goosepimp
STS9
etc.

Sounding perfect sometimes doesn't have anything to do with polishing.

TSA
10-07-2009, 03:11 PM
i live listening to live albums at times cause they have to spontaneous moments that music seriously lacks.

5hundred&one
10-07-2009, 03:19 PM
music is too computerized nowadays, they got everything down to perfection practically.

some of the best music to me is shit that was recorded live with the purpose of being a stufio album. like not a concert album, but studio albums where the songs were recorded while the band played them, rather than one track at a time.

the bad brains first album comes to mind, that shit is raw as hell. it reminds me of wu-tang, where the lack of technology creates an artistic atmosphere in a way. it's crazy.

ALCATRAZ
10-07-2009, 03:54 PM
you talking about black dots? yeah that's a solid album

DC Entel
10-07-2009, 08:39 PM
hold on I gotta go make my beat sound shitty