PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal Activity...?

ColombianMami
10-09-2009, 04:56 PM
has anyone seen this yet? i heard it's crazy.

Sky Blue Bally Kid
10-10-2009, 06:49 AM
It looks good from the trailer but usually if a film has lots of text about how amazing it is and lots of audience reaction in the trailer then it's not usually a good sign. Will have to see.

ColombianMami
10-10-2009, 08:45 PM
nevermind...i saw it last night. definitely not a waste of money

:thumbup:

check two
10-11-2009, 02:42 PM
I heard there isn't much going on till later in the movie?

Jin10304
10-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Pretty slow in the beginning (really the only worthwhile things to watch are when Micah, the boyfriend, sets up his camera in their bedroom and film everything at night). Even though the movie was like 1 hour & 30 minutes, it felt REALLY short in the end. Kinda lame, take a lot of cliches from past ghost/haunting movies (moving doors with no wind, lights turning on by themselves, footsteps in a 2 story house).

SPOILERS

The ending was alright but the animations for the girl were old & tired by now. When she kills Micah, the way she crawls reminds me of the Grudge and when her face becomes twisted & demonic, reminded me exactly of the vampire faces from 30 Days Of Night, plus her face and "other voice" were cheesy looking & sounding when Micah is surprised she wants to stay longer in the house when they were about to leave to a hotel

beautifulrock
10-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Me and Cleveland got chased by ghosts once.

L~>1<~NKS
10-16-2009, 11:24 PM
ur crazy

RynMur
10-17-2009, 08:08 PM
A few scenes were creepy, but nothing scary. The acting by the girl was terrible!! Besides that it wasn't too bad, but it's one of those movies you wouldn't like on dvd.

Spoiler
The scenes I liked was when that bitch got pulled out of bed and dragged down the hall haha. And, the shadows and footprints were kinda creepy.

The last scene was good until they showed her face. It looked low budget.

I'd give it a 6.5/10

MAYOR QUIMBY
10-22-2009, 03:16 AM
It's very slow and boring for the first 45 minutes. After that it just gets a little spooky for about 5 minutes. Nothing scary that will make you jump in the whole movie.

Baitong
10-22-2009, 12:31 PM
its fucking scary as hell smoke up & watch it in the dark by yourself

kempa
10-25-2009, 06:09 AM
lol this movie is such a waste of time and cash
i cant believe it i was expecting so much more
its such a jerk off its even below blair witch project.......PART II
not to mention its was mad short or at least thats how it felt
plus i didnt see the scene from the trailer where the ghost creeps under the bitch's sheets
wtf have i seen a censored version or some shit?

Wh0am3ye?
10-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Spoiler
The scenes I liked was when that bitch got pulled out of bed and dragged down the hall haha. And, the shadows and footprints were kinda creepy.

I'd give it a 6.5/10
Hell yeah that shit looked mad realistic.

11th Chamber
10-25-2009, 11:49 AM

Yea I agree with u on that. The dude hittin the camera took the whole theater by surprise, but it got gay after that when she looked into the camera

The chicks acting started to worsen when she had to start getting emotional, and she jus couldent pull it off. But her rack was pretty big and she had a fat ass so I didnt really care

l
plus i didnt see the scene from the trailer where the ghost creeps under the bitch's sheets
wtf have i seen a censored version or some shit?

that scene WAS in the movie, he started fuckin with her foot n shit

White_Mouse
10-26-2009, 12:46 AM
I personally really liked the movie, I thought it was well paced, and in general pretty scary. What I liked best was that it was scary in the subtleties of the effects as opposed to being "in your face" moments. Of course those kind of moments can be done in a dumb way (see the remake of "Friday the Thirteenth") or in a cool overthetop way (See "Drag me to Hell" or "Evil Dead"). But this film reminded me more of the pacing in Roman Polanski's "The Tenant" (also very dope), slow moving, and just building until the final climax. I thought it was an ill flick

11th Chamber
10-26-2009, 06:16 PM
The chick gettin pulled out of bed and drug down the hallway was cool as fuck

just_leroy
10-29-2009, 12:46 AM
A ninja never admits to watchin cheesy movies

Poetic Wun
10-29-2009, 01:30 AM
i dont remember the dude getting thrown into the camera from in the trailer

how many ending were there i've heard a few different ones.

was this based on actual events at all

Jin10304
10-29-2009, 05:09 PM
no its a mockumentary just like Blair Witch

KZA
10-31-2009, 12:02 AM
in the commercial he gets thrown that was the ending.

the alternate original ending was funny.

the movie was really boring at first but slowly picked up but it was predictable though.

theres 3 one with the cop, throat, and camera. the cop ending was up on youtube but it was taken down but you could find it on google video. the other 2 endings will probably hit dvd or wait for it to be leaked.

i watched it late afternoon and it was dead but the people who saw it the girls literally freaked out and ran out of the theater after.. my ex had to drag me out cause i wanted to see if anything happened after..

Poetic Wun
10-31-2009, 04:14 AM
i havent heard nothin about a throat one.
if he get thrown into the camera and thats it, thats lame.
i seen the cop one where she on the floor.

i want sure about the actual events cause theres that picture at the end or whatever.

Buzk
11-01-2009, 08:30 PM
i was pretty freaked out at some occasions, but i get very easily scared..movie was ok.
Anyway, downloaded it yesterday, and it ended with the girl coming back up the stairs after killing her boyfriend and just sitting on the floor till the cops comes and shoot her, dissapointing

J-Cee
11-02-2009, 02:26 AM
was a lil bit freaky i think..but a bit slow and boring at times.
5.5/10

check two
11-02-2009, 12:23 PM
The fourth kind looks like it might be scarier.

Nick Fury
11-07-2009, 06:31 PM
movie was good actually

KaramelSundae
11-07-2009, 07:31 PM
so if you go on the movie's official website before 11/9 and enter your name...they'll add you in the ending credits.

nice marketing.

11th Chamber
11-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Saw the chick in the movie on Jay Leno a few days ago, she was lookin crazy thick!

check two
10-21-2011, 02:12 AM
I just saw this recently, and I thought it was pretty boring. Are Part 2 and Part 3 any better?

Did some people really leave the theaters cause they were too scared? lol I seriously doubt that, unless they never saw anything other than a G rated movie before. I've seen scarier episodes of Scooby Doo than this. When that irritating broad was being taken away, her boyfriend should have been happy by the way.

On a side note, that demon must be pretty strong to be able to pull those fat legs.

check two
10-21-2011, 02:28 AM
Spoiler:

I didn't see the same ending that some of you others did. They didn't show him being killed at all, or her looking into the camera, in the ending I saw. Just a loud thump and him screaming, and then loud footsteps with her coming back up the stairs to the bedroom.

check two
10-22-2011, 06:48 PM
I've watched some of Part 2, and so far the scariest thing has been an automatic swimming pool cleaner?