PDA

View Full Version : Dr Octagon...

theDZA
10-10-2009, 09:50 AM
i have never listened to kool keith before now, but i heard blue flowers from his first album and i think it is such a good, but wierd, song....so now i decided i gotta get my hands on a copy of Dr. Octagonecologyst.

So i just wanna know if there are any other hip hop albums similar to this that might interest me, whether they're from kool keith or new artists entirely it dont matter...as long as it got good lyrics, good beats, and its got the same alternative type vibe i'm getting from dr octagon

thanks for any replies

hide1998
10-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Sonically (and lyrically to a certain extent) Kool Keith's Project Polaroid is about as close as you're going to get to recapturing that vibe. It's not quite as good, but still pretty damn good.

THE MASON
10-10-2009, 02:03 PM
not much catchs the same vibe as that, but if you like the beats check anything produced by Dan the Automator, i recommend Deltron 3030 and A Much Better Tomorrow.

as far as Kool Keith, all i have heard is Dr.Octagon, Black Elvis and Sex Style and all three are dope imo

hide1998
10-10-2009, 02:21 PM
not much catchs the same vibe as that, but if you like the beats check anything produced by Dan the Automator, i recommend Deltron 3030 and A Much Better Tomorrow.

as far as Kool Keith, all i have heard is Dr.Octagon, Black Elvis and Sex Style and all three are dope imo

Anything Automator produces is tight (IMHO), but nothing the Automator has produced (partially because Dr.Octagon was co-produced by Kutmaster Kurt) sounds anything like Dr.Octogon.

THE MASON
10-10-2009, 02:25 PM
ye it might not have the same sound but it aint supposed too lol, he just wanted some suggestions, Automator is one of the illest and most underrated imo

hide1998
10-10-2009, 03:59 PM
ye it might not have the same sound but it aint supposed too lol, he just wanted some suggestions, Automator is one of the illest and most underrated imo

No doubt. Automator is incredible behind the boards. Even his non-hip-hop stuff is great.

copywrite
10-10-2009, 05:21 PM
His Dr. Dooom albums are pretty good too, especially the first one.

hide1998
10-11-2009, 03:40 AM
His Dr. Dooom albums are pretty good too, especially the first one.

I'd actually say the sequel to the original was better. It had more variation from Kool Keith lyrically (and topic-wise), and Kutmaster Kurt laced it with even better production than the first one.