PDA

View Full Version : OC & AG's "Oasis" LP (TRACKLIST; CREDITS; COVER?)

claaa7
10-10-2009, 02:28 PM
just found this searching around the net for some info on the album and i'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted on any hip-hop blogs yet. i was just listening to the 5 tracks i got from the album and this shit sounds very promising, OC is one of my all-time favorite MC's and AG is very strong too to say the least. The release date (i think it's the real deal this time) is November 2 this year - Support that real hip-hop!

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/images/covers09/10.2009/oc_ag_oasis-200.jpg
1. "Oasis" (Produced by Statik Selektah)

2. "Keep It Going" (Produced by E Blaze)
3. "Give It Back" (Produced by Lord Finesse)
4. "Alpha Males" (Produced by Lord Finesse)
5. "Young With Style" (Produced by Show and KC)
6. "Every Day Life" (Produced by E Blaze)
7. "Think About It" (Produced by E Blaze)
8. "Gotta Get It" (Produced by E Blaze)
9. "Put It In The Box" (Produced by E Blaze)
10. "Boom Bap" (Produced by Show)
11. "Reality" (Produced by E Blaze)
12. "Contagious" (Produced by E Blaze)
13. "Supreme Squad" (Produced by Show)
14. "God's Gift" (Produced by E Blaze)
15. "Get Away" (Produced by LordFinesse)
16. "2 For The Money" (cuts by DJ Premier)(Produced by Show)

claaa7
10-10-2009, 02:37 PM
a little suprising to see that E-Blaze produced half the album since Show is the exec. but then again, this ain't a Show & AG album featuring OC so they should somewhat aim for their own sound while still, of course, keeping it DITC. Good thing to have Statik Selektah open up the album, his shit always bang - 100% boom-bap all around and Show and Finesse has dropped some hot beats lately (check the "Gryme Tyme" album by Freestyle Professors and "Time Travel" for Finesse and "Live Hard" + "The Movement" for Show).

Eric Blaze is pretty dope too, both "Put it in the Box" and "Keep it Going" has been bangers and i was also feeling "Magic" (Show & A's latest EP) and his work on "The Movement". He seems to get more and more involved with the DITC family sorta like Achmed was in the early 2000's, the kid is from France if y'all don't know and has also worked with a couple of QB cats like KL and, i think, Blaq Poet.

Looking forward to this one, 11 fresh bangers + finally getting the ones we had in mp3 for a while now mastered and all that. 2009 is rounding up to be the finest year in hip-hop since maybe 2000 or so.

djskillz
10-10-2009, 02:58 PM
I think I'm gonna overdose before 2010. Too much great hip hop in the span of the last 3-4 months alone. I'm in a hip hop paradise right now.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
10-10-2009, 03:33 PM
I think I'm gonna overdose before 2010. Too much great hip hop in the span of the last 3-4 months alone. I'm in a hip hop paradise right now.

i know damn we got this dropping plus kp next week damn too many good records

djskillz
10-10-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm not complainin though lol. If this is any indication of how 2010 is gonna be I can't wait for the new year.

claaa7
10-10-2009, 04:13 PM
yeah don't forget Cormega who's dropping real soon to, i ain't a big fan of Royce Da 5'9" although i definitely recognize he's skilled as hell but "Street Hop" could be a great album (lots of dope production on there too).

hopefully, but also doubtfully, NYGz/DJ Premier, Freddie Foxxx and Masta Killa manages to drop their albums before the end of the year

whitey
10-11-2009, 02:12 AM
that del and tame one that just dropped, still got a styles p/green latern album, clipse album, mega, the sean p mixtape, juve, 50, bone, grimm, 3 6.

bunch of potential goodness there.

GhettoGnom
10-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Chico and the Man (Tonedeff & Kno) will be album of the year.. New CunninLynguists single with Evidence & E-40's dropping on monday + you'll be able to pre-order. Not an album, but if it's near the mixtape they dropped earlier, it'll still be better than most albums.

edit-

this'll be dope btw :P

djskillz
10-11-2009, 10:46 AM
^ Hopefully PackFM's "I Fucking Hate Rappers" makes it's way out too before the new year. Substantial has a new album coming out this month too I believe