PDA

View Full Version : How does OH NO stack up to Madlib?

THE MASON
10-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Oh No is Madlibs brother for those who didnt know but im wondering what yall think of his music.

i been bumping Unheard Rhymes and The Disrupt albums, i think he got a similar sound to Madlib but isnt as dope.

but he still got some skills on the mic and on the boards. He did the beat for the first track on The Ecstatic album.

V26Xs9bjRjI

dope track imo

whats the word of the corp?

crds
10-13-2009, 04:50 AM
lately I have been feeling Oh No's production more than Madlib's and I have been a fan of both for a long time, I think the first thing I heard from Oh No was the Kali Wild "Rythmatic Explosion " single...and I have noticed lately that Oh has been releasing a lot of joints, The Oneness of JuJu vs Oh No, Oh No Vs Now Again, numerous beat CD's and he also did a remix of Guilty Simpson's album.

THE MASON
10-13-2009, 10:32 AM
does Oh No have any other albums?

all i got is Exodus into Unheard Rhymes, The Disrupt and a beat tape Dr. No Oxperiment

DrBold241
10-13-2009, 10:59 AM
i prefer madlib.
though it's obvious they're both music lovers all around and do well with the music they make.
i'd still say Oh No is better than most other producers but when it comes to where he stacks up against his brother..... idk, Madlib seems to have more variety

NEWRdaMC
10-13-2009, 01:28 PM
there kinda similar but different on certain levels, OH NO is coming up these days, *GANGGREENE with the ALChemist* cant wait for that, madlib is more vast than OH NO the way i see it, i like that they both use foregin music to sample in there music, like beat konducta india/bollywood, and Dr. No's oxperiment, but if i had to pick, i would choose OH NO, cause his beats are more lively and got that punch than madlibs jazzy/slow beats which i dont mind but, oh no is pushin his brand more now

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-13-2009, 02:58 PM
obviously madlib is > but oh no is tight

p-rok73
10-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Right now Madlib is still far ahead IMO because of his diverse & dope material from Quasimoto to DJ Rels to Jaylib & of course Madvillian. But Oh No is dope & has potential to one day give his bro a run for his $$. He needs to produce an album that people will consider a classic, perhaps in the future he will. Has anyone checked out Ethiopium?