PDA

View Full Version : anyone check street hop yet?

Poetic Wun
10-13-2009, 06:40 AM
daaaaamn.
i couldnt turn it off. i aint sayin its classic but its a nice record. a few joints where he just straight up kills it.

glad he didnt have a "feat. budden" on there. but equally disappointed w/bun b appearance

i cant remember when i had a tape on repeat... just straight repeat.

on another note, its kinda lazy overall. like half the tape is leaked or been put on mixtapes from before. i was expecting 100% new shit but theres been talk the tracklist floating around isnt real. idk...
if this is the legitimate tape then im still completely satisfied (Speakonitgod can drop a "no homo" for me)

we'll see... for now im diggin what i got.

Khem The Decepticon
10-13-2009, 07:04 AM
How are you upset with Bun B on the track, hes the best from the south......

Thworldisyours
10-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Yeah agreed about the abundance of leaked tracks here but what're you gonna do??? It would've been worse to NOT put them on the album (the stuff from the Revival was too good to just leave on the EP)...

But back to the subject at hand, Street Hop and Royce da 5'9...

Royce right now is the best emcee out. IMO he's got the perfect formula right now. He's lyrical, he's funny, he can switch up to almost any flow to match any beat really, he can be serious, grimey, gangsta, commercial, tell a good story, etc etc etc... That's not much he can't do on a song...

Back in the 90s (my era), there was a ton of multi-faceted lyricists like that... Nowadays, thats a dying breed and Royce is one of the few I can think of...

As for the album, its too soon to judge but it's definitely good and probably his best all-around effort...

lynskey
10-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Nothing ground breaking. A decent effort, just like all his albums, even Bar Exam 1 & 2 are ill.

buckshotstheone
10-13-2009, 02:42 PM
album is sick. i played it through twice, got a couple joints in the middle where it tails off but then comes back at the end real strong

and whoever hated on budden, i don't know why people hate on dude when he's easily one of the best out, but whatever.

street hop is dope

cap
10-13-2009, 02:46 PM
and whoever hated on budden, i don't know why people hate on dude when he's easily one of the best out, but whatever.

finally!!!!!!
joey is insane with it! easily one of the best. check out his work, nobody gets as pesonal with his records.

Poetic Wun
10-13-2009, 05:57 PM
^thats his problem.
i know he's nice but hes gotten SO personal with it hes like an attention whore with his video blogs and shit.
i have almost everything he's done. if i dont got it its cause i aint heard of it but his wackass personality outshines his skill for me.
it's like Ang Jolie, i liked most of her flicks but when the media blew her up cause of brad and her face was eveywhere i got tired of seeing it. in joeys case he blowin himself up and its madd annoying.
imo anyway... just a shame.
my "hatin" on joey is justified i think. im not sayin he's wack or whatever. it aint like that at all.

as far as bun b being the best in the south, that's an LOL matter my nig.
firstly, Luda would shit on him. bun b is 1 dimentional. he's just trill. thats it.
secondly, i can refer you too GhettoGnom if you'd wanna debate the south. bun aint half as good as the real emcees the south got but if we're just speakin commercially then i think even TI could rip Bun.

the weakest track on here for me was that reggae Rastafarian one. if he didnt switch his voice up then it woulda been ill.

when i heard that joint where he was in the hotel room i was like whatever man, here we go with another song about some simple "im a wnated man and they got me surrounded" plot. i was thinkin he was better than that but when he took it backward in the next song i told myself to fuck off.
that was nice.

cap
10-13-2009, 06:09 PM
what does his life on the internet (which is pretty corny i agree) have to do with his music??
why are people so obsessed with artist's lives, like they have some kinda personal relationship with them??
fuck that, i like his music, i dont like his penis.

Poetic Wun
10-13-2009, 06:19 PM
that being said... where are we right now.
if it was tv or radio idk if i'd care much cause i wouldnt see it.
but he's in my kitchen.
that's the other thing is i aint interested in artists lives but he puts his out there.
i aint payin no mind to nas/kelis or meth and his taxes. these are once in a while occurances but joey on the other hand...
kinda hard to avoid.

musically i aint guna front like i dont know his skill. i was there on the front line vying for joe in the meth/joe beef... i dont think he's great with the beat selection tho but if he had some better producers behind him he'd be a bigger force.
my nigga a hard joey fan tho and he always tell me the same thing lol

buckshotstheone
10-14-2009, 11:31 AM
the weakest track on here for me was that reggae Rastafarian one. if he didnt switch his voice up then it woulda been ill.

i loved that joint. it was like a throwback to when all albums had that one reggae joint on them, shit was dope

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-14-2009, 12:40 PM
he isn't switching up flows or saying anything new, I get bored listening to the third of the tracks on here

K-Rino and Chino are a lot better, still. Crooked I is the best SH member currently, at least based on all the feats, which is surprising actually.

Street Hop = good album, GOOD music, lazy emcee, at least for the hype he gets

thumbs up, if you're a fan, otherwise at least download it before buying it

Reiko
10-14-2009, 02:30 PM
album sounds good, gonna cop it but dunno when :P I'm a poor student now ;P

P-Noid Brown
10-15-2009, 08:21 AM
The album has a couple of old joints on it.

claaa7
10-15-2009, 08:53 AM
^^ yeah, all the tracks from "The Revival" EP is on here too, don't know why he did that really. "Shake This" has been out for a good while too but i don't mind since that's an absolute brilliant song... i just wish DJ Premier would have gotten more beats - at first he was supposed to lace the whole LP (even on the first "Bar Exam" Royce is talking alot on how he's taking Guru's place, etc).

money4life
10-15-2009, 09:49 AM
The album is very good and Royce has really stepped is game up. He has refined is style....The album is a banger but not as good and consistent as Cormega's new album....my vote for album of the year

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-15-2009, 11:18 AM
u call an album with Girl a consistant album XD

oh well, at least that's what I feel, and I don't feel like that track should be on that album, let alone the first track

main_man
10-15-2009, 02:54 PM
i guess since royce is such a beast, you expect a straight hardcore album. i'd say its a solid 3.5 out of 5.
the good joints on here are dope as fuck. the track with busta, and the 2 songs about smoking somebody. those 2 joints are hip hop storytelling at its finest.
you just dont expect r&b choruses with someone who cant really sing that well on a nickle nine lp.

claaa7
10-15-2009, 03:23 PM
listening now, not too impressed so far.. "Something 2 Ride" is masterpiece though, rappers are fucking stupid for NOT letting Preemo lace their whole albums - especially since Royce been bragging about just that.

Rame
10-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Pretty sick so far.

claaa7
10-15-2009, 04:23 PM
i'm at the last track now, this shit would have been cut down to 13 tracks and it would be a real solid LP.. Royce is a really dope storyteller, "On The Run", "Murder" and especially "Part of Me" is fly as hell - the three DJ Premier laced cuts smashes everything else, "Shake This" and "Something 2 Ride 2" is easily amongst this years illest songs.

weak tracks, and i mean incredibly WACK, on first listen: "Soldier", "Far Away", "Thing For Your Girlfriend" and that intermission was corny as hell.

RAW-TASTE
10-15-2009, 06:43 PM
^thats his problem.
i know he's nice but hes gotten SO personal with it hes like an attention whore with his video blogs and shit.
i have almost everything he's done. if i dont got it its cause i aint heard of it but his wackass personality outshines his skill for me.
it's like Ang Jolie, i liked most of her flicks but when the media blew her up cause of brad and her face was eveywhere i got tired of seeing it. in joeys case he blowin himself up and its madd annoying.
imo anyway... just a shame.
my "hatin" on joey is justified i think. im not sayin he's wack or whatever. it aint like that at all.

as far as bun b being the best in the south, that's an LOL matter my nig.
firstly, Luda would shit on him. bun b is 1 dimentional. he's just trill. thats it.
secondly, i can refer you too GhettoGnom if you'd wanna debate the south. bun aint half as good as the real emcees the south got but if we're just speakin commercially then i think even TI could rip Bun.

when i heard that joint where he was in the hotel room i was like whatever man, here we go with another song about some simple "im a wnated man and they got me surrounded" plot. i was thinkin he was better than that but when he took it backward in the next song i told myself to fuck off.
that was nice.

best rapper of the south is scarface

i only heard dinner time with busta but that was pretty hot, needa check this out

Megaherz
10-15-2009, 07:05 PM
How are you upset with Bun B on the track, hes the best from the south......

it's like being the best at the special olympics

main_man
10-15-2009, 09:00 PM
best rapper of the south is scarface

that isnt even a opinion no more, thats just a straight fact. but fuck just the south, scarface is one of the best to do it, PERIOD.

and bun b has always been the shit. ugk is one of the best hip hop duos of all time. bun is probably one of the most slept on mcs of all time, too.

Rame
10-16-2009, 04:42 AM
Bun B is good on other peoples' albums.

I'm not into UGK.

buckshotstheone
10-16-2009, 12:36 PM
weak tracks, and i mean incredibly WACK, on first listen: "Soldier", "Far Away", "Thing For Your Girlfriend" and that intermission was corny as hell.

i liked the beat on soldier and them hooks on far away and thing for your girlfriend are fly. love that r&b shit

GhettoGnom
10-16-2009, 02:06 PM
it's like being the best at the special olympics

http://www.viewonline.com/pages/editorials/images/ignorance-of-faculty.jpg