PDA

View Full Version : Albums you have never akshully listened to

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-13-2009, 03:11 PM
thread.

be honest.

Ie never actually listened to mos's a new danger. I bought BOBS when it came out, listened to it constantly for years, I have all his other albums BUT FOR SOME REASON a new danger I never copped. I havent even ever DL'd that.

strange.

Shogah
10-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Snoop Dogg-Doggystyle

I never listened it as a whole.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-13-2009, 03:16 PM
i had to listen to doggystyle just the other night playing poker my annoying friend HAD TO RAP ALONG to every fucking verse pissed me the hell off

SHAoLiN LoRD
10-13-2009, 03:21 PM
wow....never listened to doggstyle......thats nuts

Steve Urkel
10-13-2009, 03:22 PM
^^^ I hate it when people do that, I mean for real, it seriously pisses me the fuck off. Just shut up and listen it only sounds good in your head, not out loud. Thats why I listen to my music alone.

The only album I haven't fully listened to is In Stereo, I think I have listened to the first couple of tracks never listened to the whole thing.

dbdavidwu4ever
10-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Chronic 2001 as a whole, I'm doing it for the first time as I'm typing. I mean I've heard most songs but by themselves, right now I'm on Xxplosive which I've heard before tons of times, but damn it doesn't get old.

claaa7
10-13-2009, 03:30 PM
albums i own but haven't listened too:

Adam F - Chaos
No I.D. - The Black Album
Erykah Badu - Mama's Gun
Tha Dogg Pound - Dogg Food
Outkast - Idlewild
D12 - D12 World

then there's a bunch of albums i've copped and only played one time and then more or less never put on again. if less than 60% of the full album is not dope i'm not very likely to bump it at all, not even the good parts.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-13-2009, 03:35 PM
mamas gun is a great album btw

if you smoke da erb, put that on next time you light up

DrunkenMasta303
10-13-2009, 03:50 PM
wizard of poetry
blackout 2
(i DLed both albums, listened to 1 track of each & immediately Recycle Bin'ed em)

also im proud 2 say that ive never ever listened to a jay-z album, never http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif

cap
10-13-2009, 03:59 PM
also im proud 2 say that ive never ever listened to a jay-z album, never http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif

thats no accomplishment, that just means you arent hip hop. good day.

DrunkenMasta303
10-13-2009, 04:07 PM
lol too many suits n ties involved 2 be considered hiphop imo

cap
10-13-2009, 04:10 PM
wow, ok moving on...

DrunkenMasta303
10-13-2009, 04:13 PM
even the RZA fell off when he started wearing suits, u didnt kno that?

http://weblogs.thecw4.com/entertainment/rashedas-rundown/kanye_west1_300_400-thumb-300x400.jpg
^real hiphop

cap
10-13-2009, 04:15 PM

http://weblogs.thecw4.com/entertainment/rashedas-rundown/kanye_west1_300_400-thumb-300x400.jpg
^real hiphop

so dumbasses like plies and young boosie etcetera are more hip hop than jay z and kanye because they wear t-shirts lower than their knees and wear baggy pants?? c'mon son!!

Prolifical ENG
10-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Big Pun's albums

JerseyIronman
10-13-2009, 04:21 PM
there are a ton of old school era albums i havent listened to

DrunkenMasta303
10-13-2009, 04:31 PM
so dumbasses like plies and young boosie etcetera are more hip hop than jay z and kanye because they wear t-shirts lower than their knees and wear baggy pants?? c'mon son!!

no, when i say "suits" i mean business, dollars, contracts and all that other shit that ruined the gaME! jay-z is making music NOT for the luv of hiphop but for the luv of $$$$

cap
10-13-2009, 04:46 PM
he's dropping hot albums almost every year

he makes hip hop look good

he jumpstarted other artist's careers

he dropped some of the best hip hop albums ever

what more do you want?

ALCATRAZ
10-13-2009, 04:53 PM
only built 2

lynskey
10-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Any Rakim or Kool G Rap album.

Only two major well knowns

Tommy
10-13-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm trying to listen to all the classic hip hop albums I can. But the major ones I've missed out are probably all of Kool G Rap's, "Long Live The Kane" by BDK, all of Eric B and Rakim bar "Paid In Full" and for a new album, Eminem's "Relapse".

jwad
10-13-2009, 06:29 PM
also im proud 2 say that ive never ever listened to a jay-z album, never

That basically just means you're ignorant. How can you say you don't like jay-z, when you've never listened to one of his albums? That makes no sense at all. Some of his albums are classics, and anyone that knows anything about hip-hop will tell you that he is a good artist. Maybe not the greatest, but he has contributed a lot to the industry.

Poison Flowerz!
10-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Uncontrolled Substance

davedigital360
10-13-2009, 06:37 PM

^real hiphop

ya this fool needs to grow up already

Khem The Decepticon
10-13-2009, 06:47 PM
The Game- The Documentary
D12- Devils Night
Eminem- Relapse
Rhymefest- Blue Collar

sdeblasi
10-13-2009, 08:30 PM
^ get listening to that Devil's Night asap

ive never listened to
Geto Boys - Making Trouble
Bone Thugs - Strength and Loyalty
Brand Nubian - Everything is Everything
Common - Universal Mind Control (as a whole album)

ALCATRAZ
10-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Uncontrolled Substance
if you are a hardcore wu fan you should check that album out, but i must say if you never get around to hearing it, you ain't missin much

GhettoGnom
10-13-2009, 09:06 PM
wizard of poetry
blackout 2
(i DLed both albums, listened to 1 track of each & immediately Recycle Bin'ed em)

Wow, you're a fucking retard.

lol too many suits n ties involved 2 be considered hiphop imo
no, when i say "suits" i mean business, dollars, contracts and all that other shit that ruined the gaME! jay-z is making music NOT for the luv of hiphop but for the luv of $$$$

Reasonable Doubt? Too many suits involved? Sure ;)

food for thought
10-13-2009, 09:19 PM
dope thread

Doggystyle - i could care less
Gayz- Reasonable doubt - i never listened to it by myself willingly. always some random songs with a friend. i love "feelin it" though. i always thought he was wack and never liked his weak ass flow (except some songs like Dead Presidents. and Feelin It.)
big pun albums
Tical 2000
the next Tical
Uncontrolled Substance. im sorry yall.

Prolifical ENG
10-13-2009, 09:31 PM
I think Doggystyle was a very cohesive album. I liked that radio station theme in it....wballz 187.4 fm. The interludes worked.

ALCATRAZ
10-13-2009, 09:34 PM
for those who haven't checked out big pun make sure you listen to capital punishment !!! that is a hip hop CLASSIC

Prolifical ENG
10-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Im savig capital Punishment for a rainy day.

drippie k
10-13-2009, 09:50 PM
every jay-z album before the black album (except reasonable doubt)
kanye west graduation
cappadonna's solos
gza's protools
redman's malpractice..i listened to 2-3 random songs n deleted it
busta's back on my b.s.

i havent listened to wizard or cuban linx 2 yet cuz i've been hella busy but i bought both like 3 days ago and only skimmed through them

sdeblasi
10-13-2009, 10:19 PM
smh at the hate/people not listening to Doggystyle, that is an undisputed hip hop classic, sometimes i like it better than the Chronic

food for thought
10-13-2009, 10:43 PM
like i said, i couldnt care less about snoop dogg or doggystyle.

kiss my ass, faggot.

food for thought
10-13-2009, 10:49 PM
i aint check for Busta since ELE or some shit

i dont fuck with Redman. i got muddy waters though.
aint check for Kanye since his first one.

btw, cappadonna's The Pillage is classic yo. check that out

im gona listen to capital punishment soon cause ive been diggin his shit on various soundtracks, lately.

THUG ANGELZ. i heard a few tight ass joints though

im high as fuck

MaskedAvenger
10-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Some crazy shit and I only read the first page.

5hundred&one
10-14-2009, 12:21 AM
god, a lot of shit, so many rappers are such full blown fags, where do I even start?

haven't heard any jayz album start to finish except Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint 1, since he's the biggest cocksucker of them all.

haven't heard a few of nas' later cds start to finish, I've heard Illmatic, Nastradamus, It Was Written and Stillmatic, I believe.

I haven't heard the Slim Shady LP all the way through, since I determined that Eminem is never going to grow on me, no matter how dope a rapper he is.

what's one that will really piss people off...

I haven't heard a single Jedi Mind Tricks song from start to finish, usually they get about two bars in to the first verse before I'm reaching for a sharp object to jab into my eardrums.

same with Immortal Technique.

haven't heard any De La Soul besides 3 ft High.

Wu-tang I haven't heard, there's way too much, but the biggest ones are Iron Flag (never listened to it as a whole or bought it or anything, but I've heard all the songs individually) first Sunz of Man LP, Legend of the LS, 4:21 and plenty of other shit. Although with a lot of the wu shit I haven't heard, it's kind of like Iron Flag; I've heard half the songs, if not all of them, but never as a whole record.

food for thought
10-14-2009, 01:18 AM
^legend of the liquid sword is dope as fuck man

have u heard this?

-naqNdyykOg

this song is fucking brilliant.

this is why i tell faggots on this site to gtfo when they say GZA lost it.

CHRONZ
10-14-2009, 01:55 AM
necro - the prefix for death.
copped it still covered in plastic and shit never gave it a spin

Poetic Wun
10-14-2009, 05:31 AM
i had to listen to doggystyle just the other night playing poker my annoying friend HAD TO RAP ALONG to every fucking verse pissed me the hell off
i notice alot of rap listeners do this, shit bugs me.
like at a party when dre or something is on and there's one guy rapping the album in the corner like he wrote the shit... i wanna throw a bottle at the fag. this happens alot MORE with spic-rap listeners.
Reasonable Doubt? Too many suits involved? Sure ;)
i was just thinking this lol
big pun albums
Big Pun's albums
c'mon y'all! i just watched the legacy 2 days ago and had to go back and throw his shit on my phone.
goooood damn he was one of the last cats that made me hit rewind.
for those who haven't checked out big pun make sure you listen to capital punishment !!! that is a hip hop CLASSIC
word... i always knew u had ill music taste lol

for me:
anything snoop
chronic once then nothing else dre
i listed to one eazy album once (the one where he says something about "dre day only meant eazy's pay day") then nothing else from him.
nothing from public enemy
eric b & rakim albums,
epmd,
kool g rap,
kool mo dee,
big daddy kane,
atmosphere,
eric sermon joints,
any master p or no limit for that matter,
black moon,
most mobb deep... well almost all mobb deep -1,
any raekwon between pt 1 & 2,
any wu latino lol,
sound theory,
any killah priest xcept heavy mental...

most are cause i forget to grab em not cause i dont wanna hear em...

Shogah
10-14-2009, 07:52 AM
Big Pun's albums

wow this is a surprise! In all positive ways of course cause you seem like a big hip hop head, check out capital punishment, shit is grimy!

Shogah
10-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Also haven't listened any nas album besides illmatic and it was written.

From ghost i have only ironman and supreme clientele...

Prolifical ENG
10-14-2009, 08:05 AM
I have the album, I just never listened to it fully.

sdeblasi
10-14-2009, 08:43 AM
for me:
anything snoop
chronic once then nothing else dre
i listed to one eazy album once (the one where he says something about "dre day only meant eazy's pay day") then nothing else from him.
nothing from public enemy
eric b & rakim albums,
epmd,
kool g rap,
kool mo dee,
big daddy kane,
any master p or no limit for that matter,
black moon,
most mobb deep... well almost all mobb deep -1,

damn you gotta check all this stuff out right away your missin out man

GhettoGnom
10-14-2009, 09:15 AM
what's one that will really piss people off...

I haven't heard a single Jedi Mind Tricks song from start to finish, usually they get about two bars in to the first verse before I'm reaching for a sharp object to jab into my eardrums.

I can understand that, though I love a lot of their shit.

But by not hearing R.A.'s verse on this:
7r0KpWMNxnM,
you're missing out on one of the illest verses ever spit.

5hundred&one
10-14-2009, 10:22 AM
^ there's stuff I like about JMD, but vinnie paz is like musical cancer to me, I just can't put up with it. It's like scott stapp singing beatles songs.

@ food for thought, I've heard Animal Planet, plus a bunch of others, I know it's probably good, I just never get around to it. Sparring Minds is fuckin crazy though, that song has always been my shit.

-The A to the Z-
10-14-2009, 10:37 AM
About half of the Clan solos.

Any Tupac or Biggie album (:-O).

GhettoGnom
10-14-2009, 12:32 PM
^ there's stuff I like about JMD, but vinnie paz is like musical cancer to me, I just can't put up with it. It's like scott stapp singing beatles songs.

Yeah, that's what I thought, and that's why I said I understood. Don't let yourself miss out on the R.A. verse though.

edit-
About half of the Clan solos.

Any Tupac or Biggie album (:-O).

Lmao, the more I read in this thread, the more I understand why there's so many ignorant statements being thrown around these boards.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Co sign with those who said Big Pun, I havent actually either listened to a Big Pun album yet for some reason.

Also Jedi Mind Tricks, and believe it or not Public Enemy. They just never appealed to me at all, so I never bothered. I borrowed fear of a black plant once when I was younger remember just getting bored by it.

But apart from PE im otherwise pretty well versed in old school records ive got a lot, I just dont like PE.

Tommy
10-14-2009, 02:37 PM
You should give Public Enemy time, mate. I know at first they can grate a bit but it's all good music.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Nah im really not a PE fan, at all. I cant vibe to that shit. I dont like that style they had.

I dont like their production, dont like chuck d, just the way it is!

Tommy
10-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Fair enough, at least you gave them a listen and based your opinion on that.

RiseWithTheFallen
10-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Big Pun - Although he's on my list of shit to download
Ghostface - Anything other than Supreme Clientele
Jedi Mind Tricks
GZA - Legend of the Liquid Sword (Also on my to download list)
Doggystyle - Also on my download list
MF Doom

MENES
10-15-2009, 10:14 AM
haha all this jay z love making this place stank like manservants. hot albums every year, ya need to get smoked out or somthing sonny.

albums i own that i never made it through

The Return of Dr.Octagonecologyst
Onyx - Triggernometry
Living Legends - Legendary Music pt 1 (some great tracks)
Atmosphere - Headshots
Aesop Rock - Bazooka Tooth
Return of the Prodigal Sunn

dosent mean i havent went threw them all, just no way in hell they playing through without skipping some shit

theres more

food for thought
10-15-2009, 11:39 AM
hahaha @ manservants

iammzac
10-15-2009, 12:08 PM
never 1istened 2 tupac a1bums

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-15-2009, 09:12 PM

@ food for thought, I've heard Animal Planet, plus a bunch of others, I know it's probably good, I just never get around to it. Sparring Minds is fuckin crazy though, that song has always been my shit.

i am a paz hater myself - but a own a JMD album and can say the beats are dope - making my opinion atleast informed

unlike not listening to a jay-z album all the way through

JerseyIronman
10-15-2009, 11:13 PM
wait, u guys really havent checked out Capital Punishment yet?

for real?

Bobby Budknickers
10-15-2009, 11:43 PM
holy shit, i couldn't imagine never having listened to that album.

food for thought
10-16-2009, 07:49 AM
making my opinion atleast informed

unlike not listening to a jay-z album all the way through

do u listen to lil wayne albums all the way through also? so u can make an "informed opinion"

THE MASON
10-16-2009, 07:58 AM
never 1istened 2 tupac a1bums

thats weak

and im shocked at the amount of cats who aint heard Big Pun albums

Frank Drebin
10-16-2009, 08:02 AM
never listened to an eminem album cause all his singles bar stan i think are rubbish as is his voice and flow.

r u still down, strictly 4 my niggas

food for thought
10-16-2009, 08:06 AM
i never listened to an eminem album either.

i dont fuck with him.

*waits for europeans to lose their mind*

Longbongcilvaringz
10-16-2009, 08:18 AM
Pac albums
Public Enemy albums.
Most shit pre 88'.

Apart from that, i've listened to everything.

portis24
10-16-2009, 08:58 AM
jay-z albums

buckshotstheone
10-16-2009, 01:29 PM
i'm pretty sure i haven't played through all of digital bullet

i've also never heard "me against the world" but everyone says it's the best pac album so i know i gotta get on that, and i will

ruined the game? you mean what's kept hip hop relevant all these years? without progression and development hip hop would be dead by now. you don't want to see rap succeed? people who are coming up out of absolutely nothing who now have a way to succeed in mainstream society is a bad thing? it's easy to point to the old school as the best rap because it was the most gutter but you think those dudes wanted to stay in the gutter their whole lives? hell no, they always dreamed of making it up and out. and now hip hop IS up and out of the gutter, it's in corporate offices which says a lot for how far this tiny movement that started in the projects of the bronx has come. we should, as hip hop fans, be proud that hip hop has gotten so big because it not only means mafuckas made it, but it means a shitload of jobs for people who would otherwise be on the corner, and i ain't just talking about the rappers, i'm talking about all the people who work at the labels, who got jobs because of their hip hop abilities. it is a wonderful thing that hip hop is so huge yet some mafuckas just can't stomach that their favorite rapper isn't still poor as fuck and on the corner waiting to die

yonatan15
10-16-2009, 01:48 PM
i never listend to a A Tribe Called Quest record, to a Roots recored and all that other jazz-rap, it's just way too boring...

buckshotstheone
10-16-2009, 01:51 PM
i never listend to a A Tribe Called Quest record, to a Roots recored and all that other jazz-rap, it's just way too boring...

low end theory is the second best rap album of all time, after illmatic and before 36 chambers < hip hop fact.

Steve Urkel
10-16-2009, 02:03 PM
^^ Co-sign, Tribe's best album

JerseyIronman
10-16-2009, 05:12 PM
low end theory is the second best rap album of all time, after illmatic and before 36 chambers < hip hop fact.

lol at suggeting there is some kind of definitive top 3 hip hop albums of all time. Its so subjective.

METHODKillah36
10-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Tupac for me too..I don't see how people can hate on that though, I just honestly can't take him for a long period of time..I've heard enough to know what he's all about obviously but haven't actually listened to a full Tupac album.

I have at least heard Capital Punishment lol

DJMethods
10-16-2009, 09:07 PM

....wtf.....seriously, WTF.

How can you not have heard Midnight Marauders, Low End Theory, Illadelph Halflife, Things Fall Apart?

WTF

food for thought
10-16-2009, 09:10 PM
.I've heard enough to know what he's all about obviously but haven't actually listened to a full Tupac album.

I have at least heard Capital Punishment lol

atleast my ass,

2pac is the god of rap.

u need to slap yourself.

METHODKillah36
10-16-2009, 10:32 PM
atleast my ass,

2pac is the god of rap.

u need to slap yourself.

I'll slap myself before I listen to a 2pac CD beginning to end at will

11th Chamber
10-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Lmao, the more I read in this thread, the more I understand why there's so many ignorant statements being thrown around these boards.

yea exactly why I care less about half the opinions I read on this forum cause I know that people mostly jus dont kno what they are talking about

I jus find it funny how quick people are on gaining opinion on a rapper

like "yea I heard a song by him once, but never heard any of his albums, so yea he's pretty wack"

Longbongcilvaringz
10-17-2009, 02:57 AM
atleast my ass,

2pac is the god of rap.

u need to slap yourself.

You haven't even heard Capital Punishment.

Ignoramus.

food for thought
10-17-2009, 05:11 AM
^shut your Australian ass up.

U aint never heard a 2pac album in your life, your a perpetrator like the rest of your 1% faggot friends.

u aint never listen to killah priest, sunz of man or killarmy, fake ass fans.

yall are faggots to the highest degree, faggot.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-17-2009, 08:36 AM
I've listened to more hip hop than you.

It's no big deal, i just have.

I don't know why you take people not listening to 2pac so personally, the faggit died more than a decade ago.

food for thought
10-17-2009, 10:14 AM
I've listened to more hip hop than you.

hahaha this literally made me laugh out loud

get back to your homework Bateman. failing out of college is not cool, buddy.

DrunkenMasta303
10-17-2009, 12:54 PM
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2247/220/6/1059614071/n1059614071_30347925_8526.jpg
lol @ this guy with the curlies calling 2PAC a "faggit"

-------------------
and to those saying:"how can u say jay-z is wack when uve never heard an album by him?"

i dont need to hear a full jayz album (hes all over the radio & mtv) to know that hes wack as fuck

buckshotstheone
10-17-2009, 02:11 PM
and to those saying:"how can u say jay-z is wack when uve never heard an album by him?"

i dont need to hear a full jayz album (hes all over the radio & mtv) to know that hes wack as fuck

"do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?"

food for thought
10-17-2009, 02:30 PM
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2247/220/6/1059614071/n1059614071_30347925_8526.jpg
lol @ this guy with the curlies calling 2PAC a "faggit"

ahahahahahahahahahahaaaa is that pat?

hahahahahahahah

cosign.

shystar36
10-17-2009, 09:46 PM
jay-z albums

me neither, people say its bullshit that i hate on the dude and never gave him a chance. but i never heard a song that made me want to.

shystar36
10-17-2009, 09:57 PM

go kill yourself.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-18-2009, 01:54 AM
do u listen to lil wayne albums all the way through also? so u can make an "informed opinion"

but i am not a lil wayne hater - i wod only hate on shit like that new pop rap bullshit without listening to an album all the way through

but if the rapper got some skill then i wont hate

edit: does paz have skill? i hate on him cas i can't stand his voice and his love of gay porn

food for thought
10-18-2009, 03:34 AM
wod only hate on shit like that new pop rap bullshit without listening to an album all the way through

i feel you but i consider lil wayne and gay z as one of those rappers

edit: does paz have skill? i hate on him cas i can't stand his voice and his love of gay porn

huh? vinnie paz?

btw, Happy Birthday.

djskillz
05-30-2010, 10:15 PM
I only recently started fuckin wit' most of the wu-affiliates. Sunz of Man, Killarmy, Shyheim, etc. Matter fact I still don't fuck wit' most of them.

AliJack
05-31-2010, 01:43 AM
Copped More Fish a couple months ago, bumped first track then fell asleep... radio/CD player broken so i never got around to listenin again...
D12 World sucks dick.... never finished it..

Stilll haven't Fully Listened to Blackout, but i like what ive heard, thing is im always gettin new shit.....

I only get 3-4 tracks into blueprint and realize I aint feelin it, Ghost shoulda gotten those beats... but i can bump the first 2 jay albums any day....

Blueprint 3... like a few tracks but never listened as a whole...

The Sound Of Revenge, Chamillionaire...

a few more...

Paranoid
05-31-2010, 01:47 AM

^

BLACK BART SIMPSON
05-31-2010, 02:08 AM
^^^ I hate it when people do that, I mean for real, it seriously pisses me the fuck off. Just shut up and listen it only sounds good in your head, not out loud. Thats why I listen to my music alone.

The only album I haven't fully listened to is In Stereo, I think I have listened to the first couple of tracks never listened to the whole thing.

wow....never listened to doggstyle......thats nuts

dude on the real i hate listenin to shit when i dnt kno the werds i memorize tht sht quick then it becomes good to me...i usually gotta sing along...niggas dnt care cuz they usually do