PDA

View Full Version : Gang Starr is Back (?!)

claaa7
10-15-2009, 10:03 AM
What do y'all think about what Guru said (http://djpremierblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/is-gang-starr-back.html)??

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-15-2009, 10:38 AM
I think they should stay quit, Ownerz was pretty wack.

Premo has wasted enough beats on Gurus wack ass, why doesnt he finally do an album with someone wants to hear.

Thworldisyours
10-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Good... They should've never split up to begin with...

cap
10-15-2009, 11:39 AM
guru should kiss preem's feet 3 times a day every day for the rest of his life. he would've been nothing without preem!

M.O.D.
10-15-2009, 01:56 PM
I think they should stay quit, Ownerz was pretty wack.

Premo has wasted enough beats on Gurus wack ass, why doesnt he finally do an album with someone wants to hear.

how we gonna listen to a motha fucka who's favorite rappers are bone thugs , i can tell by that comment your hip hop iq level is at your waist line . fuck outta here with all that bullshit kid

gangstarr got more classic joints than bone thugs will ever have .

more than a decade of hit's that'll live forever (guru)

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-16-2009, 04:49 AM
I don't wanna be a prick or anything, but Bone Thugs isn't as bad as you think

and he's right, Ownerz was really a big letdown

ALCATRAZ
10-16-2009, 05:00 AM
guru is gonna throw a tantrum over something stupid in like a week and they are gonna be broken up again lol its unforunate but this has been the story of 'gangstarr' for quite some time now ...

claaa7
10-16-2009, 05:13 AM
^^ actually Premier and Guru hasn't even spoken once since 2004

DJMethods
10-16-2009, 05:14 AM
Guru put Premo on, you should be bowing down and kissing Guru's feet 3 times a day just for that, let alone the classics he's been a part of.

If that's not enough, listen to Moment of Truth. One of the best written songs of all time. FAGGIT.

Sometimes you gotta dig deep, when problems come near
Don't fear things get severe for everybody everywhere
Why do bad things happen, to good people?
Seems that life is just a constant war between good and evil
The situation that I'm facin, is mad amazin
to think such problems can arise from minor confrontations
Now I'm contemplatin in my bedroom pacin
Dark clouds over my head, my heart's racin
Suicide? Nah, I'm not a foolish guy
Don't even feel like drinking, or even gettin high
Cause all that's gonna do really, is accelerate
the anxieties that I wish I could alleviate
But wait, I've been through a whole lot of other shit, before
So I oughta be able, to withstand some more
But I'm sweatin though, my eyes are turnin red and yo
I'm ready to lose my mind but instead I use my mind
I put down the knife, and take the bullets out my nine
My only crime, was that I'm too damn kind
And now some skanless motherfuckers wanna take what's mine
But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has its day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth

Yo I got one lyric pointed at your head for start
Another one, is pointed at your weak ass heart
Now if I pull the trigger, on these fully loaded lines
You're gonna wish I woulda pulled a black nine, I mack dimes
Crack the spines of the fake gangsters
Yeah the bitin triflin niggaz, and the studio pranksters
Yo lookin at the situation plainly: will you remain G?
Or will you be looked upon strangely?
I reign as the articulator, with the greater data
Revolvin on the TASCAM much doper than my last jam
While others struggle to juggle, tricky metaphots
I explore more, to expose the core
A lot of MC's, act stupid to me
And we have yet to see, if they can match our longevity
But anyway it's just another day
Another fake jack I slay with my spectac' rap display
Styles, smooth but rugged -- you can't push or shove it
You dig it and you dug it cause like money you love it
The king of monotone, with my own throne
Righteously violent prone my words bring winds like cyclones
Stormin your hideout, blockin out your sunlight
Your image and your business, were truly not done right
Throw up your he-Allah-I now, divine saviors
You got no hand skills there's no security to save ya
No pager, no celly, no drop top Benz-y
I came to bring your phone hip-hop, to an ending
My art of war will leave you sore from the abuse
Cause you must meet your moment of truth

Legend.

And Ownerz was an average album but far from bad, got some dope shit on there (Rite Where U Stand, Skills) it's just a shame Premo gave the dopest beat to Smiley as a fucking interlude. That shit went HARD.

TAURO
10-16-2009, 07:36 AM
I think Preme should focus on new ventures. Gang Starr had a good run but that time has passed, it's clear Guru ain't really on the same page as Preme so why force it.

beeboy
10-16-2009, 07:57 AM
first of all, moment of truth was 1 of the best albums ever.
Ownerz was pretty dope too, people hate on it, but it was nuthin than dope.
and gangstarr, man, donīt think another 1 will ever see light of day.
and guru & solar....pfff, shits antidope

iniquity
10-16-2009, 08:11 AM
. how can you say no to a new gang starr album ? .

CharlesJones
10-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Guru is acting very immature and he needs to talk to Premier and make that Gang Starr album happen. The Ownerz album wasn't that good to me. Claaa7, they haven't spoken in 5 years? You know why? I hope their beef isn't over some stupid shit because both of them are adults and they should be able to settle their problems by talking about it. I'm sure Premier has probably tried to contact Guru but Guru is acting like a ho.

MaskedAvenger
10-17-2009, 12:16 PM
how we gonna listen to a motha fucka who's favorite rappers are bone thugs , i can tell by that comment your hip hop iq level is at your waist line . fuck outta here with all that bullshit kid

gangstarr got more classic joints than bone thugs will ever have .

more than a decade of hit's that'll live forever (guru)

ahaa word. Gangstarr are dope as fuck. MOT was a fuckin masterpiece. Ownerz was dope. I would gladly welcome new Gangstarr material

http://www.kevinpereira.com/storage/bitches-dont-know-about-my-popsicle.jpg

CharlesJones
10-17-2009, 12:19 PM
M.O.D. dissing Ghostlaced because he likes Bone Thugs hahahahahahaha. Bone Thugs are wack compared to Gang Starr.

Mic Tyson
10-17-2009, 12:27 PM
that would b cool if they got back together but it prolly wont happen. guru has been hanging out with that faggot solar, and he became a faggot in the process.

CharlesJones
10-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Why Solar gotta be a faggot? LOL. How is Solar's beats? I think he did some beats on Guru's solo album Street Scriptures. I haven't heard that album. Did Guru do another album with him?

claaa7
10-17-2009, 01:01 PM
^^ i think Guru has done at least 2 albums with only beats by Solar - one is "Jazzmattaz Volume IV" and they are supposedly pretty weak. i head the Gang Starr beef started because DJ Premier co-signed the engineer that calls himself "Young Guru" and engineers all of Jay-Z's records amongst others. it's really wack if that's the case from Guru's side.

main_man
10-17-2009, 03:44 PM
the owners is still better than 85% of hip hop albums.

Senator C. Palantine
10-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Guru should team up with KRS-ONE.

And Commit Suicide.

Mic Tyson
10-17-2009, 03:57 PM
^^ i think Guru has done at least 2 albums with only beats by Solar - one is "Jazzmattaz Volume IV" and they are supposedly pretty weak. i head the Gang Starr beef started because DJ Premier co-signed the engineer that calls himself "Young Guru" and engineers all of Jay-Z's records amongst others. it's really wack if that's the case from Guru's side.

he also did that sorry ass guru 8.0 album too. yea his beats are pretty weak but hes just fuckin weird anyway. he got guru on some other shit

whitey
10-17-2009, 04:20 PM

And Commit Suicide.

haHA

Shaolin Bloody Sword
10-17-2009, 05:11 PM
That Ghostlaced kid is an idiot ! Guru wack? Stupid cunt. You don't know what Hip-hop is then. Gangstarr has a lot of classic album. "Moment Of truth" is a classic. Lol at this cat listening to Bone thugs ...... Gangstarr is a legendary group!

Tito_Para Enfrente
10-17-2009, 05:26 PM
what did Guru say?

Tecknowledgist
10-17-2009, 05:38 PM
sometimes people get too caught up in multi-syllabic rhyme schemes and wordplay to just listen what a dude is saying. guru is one of the most sampled MCs ever and has a lot of classic verses. he touches on more subjects than most MCs, can tell a good story, etc. guru is dope. lol i bet all the people who front on him probably know every word to mass appeal.

on one hand, i can't say no to new gangstarr, but on the other hand. they have a solid library now and i dont want them to potentially fuck up their catalogue with below-average material

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Lol @ thinking Gangstarr are even close to Bone Thugs N Harmony, in any spectre. No one gives a fuck about Gangstarr. I like them, theyve got a few nice records ( I own all of their CD;s), but Guru is an average rapper, hes OK, if your into being bored, wouldnt be in anyones top 50.

M.O.D.
10-17-2009, 06:03 PM
^^^^^ bone thug dick rider

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-17-2009, 06:07 PM
So I guess that makes you a Gangstarr dick rider?

We good to leave it at that?

M.O.D.
10-17-2009, 06:09 PM
naw i just know they better than bone thugs ^^^

Shogah
10-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Let's be real, guru is an average mc, nothing spectacular about him in compare to gangstarr success.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-17-2009, 06:29 PM
naw i just know they better than bone thugs ^^^

Ok, thats fine with me, I dont expect everyone to rate btnh as their favorite group, but as you decided to bring them into the discussion, I replied in kind.

I hope you can go on with you life from this point not getting emotional when I say something you dont happen to agree with. Especially when its something so universally agreed with such as Guru being an average rapper.

better check what the wind just blew in.....

aOYf4RkJpNw

Shaolin Bloody Sword
10-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Get a hobby dick head ! You have more posts than anybody on the site. Do u have a bed on Wutangcorp?

Guru over Bone Thugs any day !!!! Guru has tons of classic tracks. How old are you by the way faggot?

LORD ZERO
10-17-2009, 06:43 PM
...........@ even putting gangstarr and bone thugs in the same sentence
gangstarr > bone thugs

copywrite
10-17-2009, 07:21 PM
I can't believe someone who claims to be a hip-hop fan would seriously put the fucking Bone Thugs ahead of Gangstarr. Guru is one of the greatest MC's of all time.

M.O.D.
10-17-2009, 07:22 PM
thank u ^^^

DrunkenMasta303
10-17-2009, 07:33 PM
each & every mc from Bone Thugs is better than guru

but as a whole, Gangstarr >>> BTnH (mainly cos of premier tho)

copywrite
10-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Being able to rap fast doesn't make them better.

shystar36
10-17-2009, 07:47 PM
i love bone and i love gangstarr but i'm not gonna put them in a battle cause they sound nothing alike. i'll say theres many people i'd rather hear over premier then guru. in my opinion nobody rocks a premo joint like MOP, theyre beasts when it comes to that. think about everyone youve ever heard on a beat by him and honestly they probably came nicer then guru. yes moment of truth is a standout record but the rest of their catalogue is limited is tracks you're gonna listen to 10 years later. as far as bone thugs gos bizzy hasnt made a good solo cd since the gift, krayzie has more potential then he'll ever show(solo), flesh is nice as fuck.... if layzie and wish got killed in a car accident and bone kept recording anyways it would save bone's fuckin career. the problem is they're really not "hip-hop", they're just possibly the most unique "rappers" to record. in a discussion on hip-hop i'd never bring them up, but i love their shit

triPAUD
10-17-2009, 10:29 PM
first of all, moment of truth was 1 of the best albums ever.
Ownerz was pretty dope too, people hate on it, but it was nuthin than dope.
and gangstarr, man, donīt think another 1 will ever see light of day.
and guru & solar....pfff, shits antidope

the owners is still better than 85% of hip hop albums.

cosign that shit.

Guru is fuckin dope.

claaa7
10-18-2009, 04:45 AM
i love bone and i love gangstarr but i'm not gonna put them in a battle cause they sound nothing alike. i'll say theres many people i'd rather hear over premier then guru. in my opinion nobody rocks a premo joint like MOP, theyre beasts when it comes to that. think about everyone youve ever heard on a beat by him and honestly they probably came nicer then guru. yes moment of truth is a standout record but the rest of their catalogue is limited is tracks you're gonna listen to 10 years later.

i agreed with your post but you lost me with the bold part, "Moment of Truth" is even questionable if it's really GS's best album. I would put "Hard to Earn" and maybe "Daily Operation" over it and i know alot of people think "Step in the Arena" is the best!

-The A to the Z-
10-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Jazzmatazz 4 was pretty damn good.

Ginnsey
10-19-2009, 08:10 AM
Guru>>>>>> Bone Thugs 10 times over!!!

Dude doesnt need to rap fast, hes got his own chilled laid back style, His voice is fuckin dope too. Comes very clear with his lyrics, never a rhyme that doesnt make sense or sounds muffled.

Ive got people into hip hop by putting on some gangstarr or jazzmatazz shit! People been like, "wow! This is what hip hop can sound like?"

Admitedly Guru 8.0 was wack. 7.0 street scriptures had a few blazing tracks though! And i like Jazzmatazz 4's style, Especially when u see it performed live with the likes of Brownman Ali on the trumpet doing crazy solos inbetween Guru's verses!!

claaa7
10-19-2009, 09:38 AM
i guess not!!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UwOkEG2_gMs/StoadSH3QoI/AAAAAAAAASY/7D97Ku09uIk/s400/artist.jpg

Blackprint
10-19-2009, 09:48 AM
You peeps are funny... even though Bone Thugs vs. Gang Starr might seem ridiculous for someone, it's still a matter of personal opinion. You can't argue opinions. I know this has been said millions of times before, but just a heads up...

Still, saying Guru won't be in anyones top 50 is far-fetched as shit. Can't deny the impact he has had on Hip-Hop, especially from being a part of one of the best Hip-Hop duos ever.

P-Noid Brown
10-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Preme and phat gary burnt this down already....no reuninon.

claaa7
10-19-2009, 11:17 AM
^^ word, wouldn't be suprising if that air-head Keith "Old Guru" Elam decided to release a Gang Starr album produced by SUPERPRODUCER (LOL) Solar.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-19-2009, 11:26 AM

And Commit Suicide.

haha

Guru needs to retire and Premo needs to get someone half decent on his half decent beats.

harm77
10-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Hard To Earn was my favorite Gangstarr album. Mass Appeal alone wrecks anything Moment of Truth. And as far as Bone Thugs goes, I thought they were just straight up corny. I couldn't get down with that harmonizing stuttering shit.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-19-2009, 11:41 AM
I prefer earlier Gang Starr also, i don't get why Moment of Truth is praised as their magnum opus.

P-Noid Brown
10-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Dont get it twisted... Gangstarr was essential to the hip-hop game.

We needed them... Their chemistry was ridiculous....

With all due respect to guru... We seen each other a couple of times and what not it's all love in no way am i dissin guru.... But....

Im not sayin that solar isn't dope , but you gassed homie up alot. In no way am i taking any credibility away from solar, but he definitely can't see preem. I hope that preme and solar dont have any beef between them.

I dont know exactly what the beef was about in the gangstarr camp, but right now a reunion is out of the question.

I heard alot of bad things about guru, gossip is wack, very true... But i heard that guru can't control himself when it comes to drinking... It's been said he flies off the lid, and he's a handful.