PDA

View Full Version : Cormega.......

GSTYLE
06-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Ok everyone always shows him a lot of love. In my opinion he is an average rapper, but he is real and puts his heart in his music which is what makes him a talented artist, but i think he is becoming way too overrated, people namin him as one of the best, no way. I aint hatin on him, i think he is good but not that good. Any other opinions? I like his style tho

Racailla
06-17-2005, 09:00 AM
Like him best on the song with Tragedy, think it's called "they forced my hand".

Welshkillabee
06-17-2005, 09:11 AM
IMO He is one of the greatest he's got exceptional talent on the mic, a great ear for beats, hes one of the realest and when his next album "Urban Legend" comes out hes gonna blow up something ridiculous! He's like pac, not the greatest MC skills but what he says is whats important with Mega.

I-Legit
06-17-2005, 09:12 AM
Cory's fuckin sick......i bumped The Realness forever....shits strait raw..way diff from any wu-tang stuff...its good music

Da Ryda
06-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Pac isn't good on the mic? What you smoking fam? He can flow on tracks for days and he has naturally strong voice and I ain't ever seen him run out of breath or nothing.

As for Mega, he definitely not in the elite zone. He's like Prodigy, good music but will get smoked on the mic if he goes head to head with lyrical cats.

Rorschach
06-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Cormega is in my top 10, I can't give him more of a compliment than that.

His catalogue has been excellent, and every album he has brought has been at least good, with most of his albums being near classic.

I love his voice in particular, just sounds amazing. 'Bring It Back', 'Beautiful Mind' & 62 Pick Up' are my personal favourite tracks from him. Real special.

Shaolin_Bees
06-17-2005, 09:49 PM
dude is nasty....he the truth....he is way more than juss average. all his albums are 4/5 or better....cant wait for urban legend

Welshkillabee
06-19-2005, 04:56 AM
Pac isn't good on the mic? What you smoking fam? He can flow on tracks for days and he has naturally strong voice and I ain't ever seen him run out of breath or nothing.

As for Mega, he definitely not in the elite zone. He's like Prodigy, good music but will get smoked on the mic if he goes head to head with lyrical cats.
Pac definateley got skills but his wordplay and flow etc cant fuck with the B.I.G's, Rakim even Jay-Z. Hes still the best hip hop artist ever cos what he was sayin was more important than how he said it, he was just real.

ALCATRAZ
11-21-2010, 11:45 PM
EASILY, EASILY, EASiLY ONE OF THE BEST RAPPERS QUEENS EVER BIRTHED... THATS MY WORD

dMRybYOSZZA

TRUE STREET POET

MaskedAvenger
11-21-2010, 11:53 PM
damn, where the fuck did you dig this thread up from

spiggity_ace
11-22-2010, 02:21 AM

so i guess prodigy isnt a lyrical cat? wtf

anyways lol at this thread from like 05 yea megas one of the sickest rappers out rite now

Rame
11-22-2010, 05:05 AM
I agree with the threadstarter.

fortyglock
11-22-2010, 10:49 AM
I feel that lyrically Cormega is brilliant. He comes across as a genuine rapper and has evolved well over time. Born And Raised to me is an excellent album, in fact, one of the top albums of last year that sort of went under the radar.

claaa7
11-22-2010, 11:18 AM
^ i agree with you that "Born & Raised" was one of the finest releases of 2009 but at the same time i don't think it has major replay value. he got the "Illmatic" line-up going which all provides heaters and pretty much all his verses are real, well written and well spitten but having 13 producers produce a 14 track album doesn't make it cohessive and Mega's voice can get a little tiresome. that's still nitpicking tho, cuz the album has about 10 hardcore bangers.

Mic Tyson
11-22-2010, 11:40 AM
sometimes his shit is just too emotional the whole album. it gets boring. sometimes i just what him to jus spit, not neccesarily tell a story. and his beats most of the time are real sad too, not ever hype. i wish he made more tracks like these

dZT2rlSNZzk

C-Ma4lLslBg

where he just spittin, not being all emotional. Maybe he do got a lot of tracks like that tho, i haven't heard all of his shit. if he does tho, let me know

Cesar
11-22-2010, 12:29 PM
sometimes his shit is just too emotional the whole album. it gets boring. sometimes i just what him to jus spit, not neccesarily tell a story. and his beats most of the time are real sad too, not ever hype. i wish he made more tracks like these

dZT2rlSNZzk

C-Ma4lLslBg

where he just spittin, not being all emotional. Maybe he do got a lot of tracks like that tho, i haven't heard all of his shit. if he does tho, let me know

You have to check his whole catalog before you can say something like that. You're just basing him off a few songs you have heard and those songs I bet are some of the classics. Mega is one of the most consistent MC's with a great discography. You should really check out all his albums. Like someone else said Mega is truly brilliant on the MIC.

Listen to one of his most recent tracks of his latest album, called Rapture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZR5jWHuMmI

Not too many rappers from the 90's can still spit as great as Mega still does now.

Check his website, www.legalhustle.net/forum he post there often.

CEITEDMOFO
11-22-2010, 04:59 PM

U RETARDED

MEGA IS ABOVE AVERRAGE CHECK THIS VERSE
CckXdWb51hI&start=136

ALCATRAZ
11-22-2010, 09:55 PM
^favorite rapper is jay z

lolz

J.T.S.
11-23-2010, 02:02 PM
mega has always and will be one of my favorite emcee's real talk!

billyanalogue
11-23-2010, 06:59 PM
This cat has some ill rhymes man. The Testament is dope!

Dead Man Walking is a truely harrowing experience

David Daniel Davis
11-23-2010, 08:25 PM
This cat has some ill rhymes man. The Testament is dope!

Dead Man Walking is a truely harrowing experience

I feel the exact same way.

Paranoid
11-23-2010, 08:50 PM
zVk9zPpS7co

the silencer
11-23-2010, 10:15 PM
for much of my rap-listening lifetime Mega has been my favorite emcee....i was a little bit disappointed with Born and Raised tho, especially since we waited FOREVER for that joint back when it was gonna be called "Urban Legend"

his verse on the Chamber Music album came out shortly before Born and Raised did and after he MURKED that verse so crazily i was expecting the same shit on BAR but just wasn't feelin it as much as his earlier albums...

i think he had too much time to put it together....

he made some mind-blowing shit on the Legal Hustle compilation back in '04 and everybody was hyped and ready for the next solo but then he put out The Testament which had been on the shelf since the 90s.....

from then (2005) until 2009 we were hearing about Urban Legend but it kept getting delayed, the DVD/soundtrack "Who Am I?" was announced, got delayed for about a year before dropping in '07 with minimal Mega verses then we waited ANOTHER two years for the solo album to finally drop

i wanna hear a whole album of Mega goin in like this:

JeOB78L3FhE