PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 rappers you would like to see Premier lace a full LP for

claaa7
10-15-2009, 03:51 PM
listening to "Street Hop" right now and it's pretty decent but the motherfucking DJ Premier joints on here, oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiit - it don't get no better than this. the rest of the album, no matter how dope at times, is fucking wack compared to these 3 songs... and that motherfucker was bragging on "The Bar Exam" how Premier and him was gonna bang out LP's together, yeah right.

then of course we got that Nasty motherfucker, sure he put out some hot music but his last true, incredible, undeniable, masterpiece classic was "Nas is Like"... or maybe "2nd Childhood", oh wait - Premier did both of those!! plus there has been talk for years about how it's supposed to happen then we hear in every interview how Nas is avoiding Preem everytime it comes time to record a new album lol, gtfo Nasir.

although Jay-Z ain't what he once was and prefer to launch over homo-erotic Kanye West productions thesse days i think 13 DJ Premier bangers would probably have him back on the corners slinging that coca before the album hits platinum.

INS The Rebel; word, that could finally add, not only a good, but a fucking GREAT album for Inspectah Deck. he is also the one Wu-Tang member most suited for these type of street bangers.

M.O.P. - ok, they usually get a handful of DJ Premier bangers for each album but not many rappers can tear down a Preemo joint like these frustrated Brownsvillains.

cap
10-15-2009, 03:57 PM
nice thread.i would say in no order:

Nas

jay-z

joell ortiz - because this guy is just pure NY hip hop to me, they should definitely work together!! (they havent already did they?)

termanology

jadakiss/mos def

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Jay Z - #1 choice, easily has the best record with Preem outta any rapper
MOP - see Warriorz
Prodigy - would rhyme perfect over preem beats
Saigon - best street writer in the game
Common - see 6th sense
Krondon - ill voice on hard beats
Styles P - NY's illest
And maybe Nas but to tell you truth I really havent been feeling dude recently, think he might bore up the project

Thworldisyours
10-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Add AZ to the list...

THE MASON
10-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Jeru needs to hook back up with Preemo

ZigZag
10-15-2009, 04:41 PM
papoose
shallah rae
styles pinero
sai diddy
ghost

cap
10-15-2009, 05:06 PM
a bit off topic, but i stumbled on this xzibit/preem track. i didnt know they did a track together. and its nice too!

CC_hPBlZ0_4

claaa7
10-15-2009, 05:22 PM
^^ i'm pretty sure they did a gang of tracks together.. around 2 or 3 at least

cap
10-15-2009, 05:24 PM
i dont think so claa, this is the only collab track of theirs on youtube. and ive never heard of another one.

claaa7
10-15-2009, 05:27 PM
he is featured on this too >>
Limp Bizkit & Xzibit - "Getcha Groove On" (DJ Premier RMX)

i thought he was on "Batman & Robin" with Snoop and Rage but it was RBX!

cap
10-15-2009, 05:35 PM
he is featured on this too >>
Limp Bizkit & Xzibit - "Getcha Groove On" (DJ Premier RMX)

haha that doesnt count for me. alright, back to the thread!

joe245
10-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Cormega
Nas
AZ
Jay-Z
Common

Khem The Decepticon
10-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Papoose
Jadakiss
Ghostface Killah
Royce Da 5'9"
Styles P

11th Chamber
10-15-2009, 07:11 PM
AZ

Give me that and id be happy for life

spiggity_ace
10-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Gza preem got experience with the lazy flow
G rap i slept on that track first nigga harsh and that on the rise again track was dope as well
mc eiht would go nice over thsoe and this album mite actually happen
this would be a odd combo but put bun b on a preem prod album
cormega mega putsin work

main_man
10-15-2009, 08:57 PM
royce 5-9 (nickel fucks up preemo beats with the best of em)
az (no question)
joell ortiz (cat would slaughter a preemo lp)
jigga man (hes not on some grimey premier shit no more though)
eminem (his talent speaks for itself, as does premiers)

sdeblasi
10-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Lord Finesse - i know hes been gone forever, but there would be no better way for an epic return than a entirely produced Preemo album with DITC features from one of the best to do it. See his first album for their collabs

Ras Kass - just got out of prison a few months ago, and there one song together "Goldyn Chyld" was unbelievable, an album full of Primo bangers for Ras would be a great way to get his name back out there

Nas or Jay-Z - for obvious reasons, theyve both made gems with him in the past

Inspectah Deck/GZA collab album - over dope Preem beats would be crazy

The Lox - a group album from the Lox with Preem beats would be classic

Thworldisyours
10-16-2009, 12:54 AM
Add Clipse to the list...

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-16-2009, 05:56 AM
INS couldn't make a classic even with Preemo beats.

Masta Ace should be laced with one or two Primo beats at least.

If he made a Ras Kass album, and stop wasting great beats on Termanology, I'd be happy.

claaa7
10-16-2009, 07:10 AM
^^ nah maybe not today (about INS) but if he had got the shot to do the album in '99 (instead of "Uncontrolled Substance") it would be amazing. I actually believe that an INS album from that time produced by DJ Premier, Large Professor and Pete Rock would be iller than one fully laced by RZA ("Above The Clouds", "True Master", "Trouble Man" and "Hyperdermix" which got credited to Deck but i'm pretty sure Large Pro got alot to do with it since he got writing and publishing credits).

Longbongcilvaringz
10-16-2009, 07:16 AM
Canibus
GZA
One Be Lo
Ghost
Sean Price

claaa7
10-16-2009, 07:29 AM
can't forget Freddie Foxxx AKA Bumpy Knuckles when i think about it, they probably banged out a good 15-20 joints together but they always brings heat to the table. One of the deadliest combinations ever ("Part of My Life", "The Militia", "The Militia Pt. 3", "RNS", "The Lah", "The Life", "I Luv", "Lazy", etc, etc)

claaa7
10-16-2009, 07:31 AM
also i always felt Big Shug deserved a collaboration album with DJ Premier, since he's been down with the Gang Starr foundation since the very beginning and was just releasing a few 12" when Jeru, Gang Starr and Group Home had some of the illest produced albums ever out. he's not the best MC but i always kinda felt his steez.

Kas
10-16-2009, 10:58 AM
In no particular order.....
Doom
Saigon
Common
Rebel INS
Joell Ortiz

THE MASON
10-16-2009, 12:13 PM
i want to see one from

Jeru (again)
Ghost
Method Man
Black Thought
Redman

and maybe Deck

sdeblasi
10-16-2009, 12:18 PM
a lot have people have been saying Joell Ortiz....smh do people really feel him that much? that they would want Primo to waste an album full of beats on him? There are far better rappers id rather hear over Primo cmon

cap
10-16-2009, 12:48 PM
a lot have people have been saying Joell Ortiz....smh do people really feel him that much? that they would want Primo to waste an album full of beats on him? There are far better rappers id rather hear over Primo cmon

joell ortiz is one of the dopest out right now. do your research.

sdeblasi
10-16-2009, 12:56 PM
joell ortiz is one of the dopest out right now. do your research.

he has one of the worst line in rap in 2009
"when I stab it in the chest Im a bit of a curver so it bleeds to death like the middle of an unfinished burger"

lmao that sounds so wack

P-Noid Brown
10-16-2009, 02:30 PM
1. Nas
2. Jada
3. Ghostface
4. Pun r.i.p.
5. Sticky fingaz

Thworldisyours
10-16-2009, 04:07 PM
he has one of the worst line in rap in 2009
"when I stab it in the chest Im a bit of a curver so it bleeds to death like the middle of an unfinished burger"

lmao that sounds so wack

bEtsDFGFEd8
Exhibit A...
2tpsC9xkH8I
Nothing short of awesome lately...

Thworldisyours
10-16-2009, 04:39 PM
If he made a Ras Kass album, and stop wasting great beats on Termanology, I'd be happy.

-jLRiCyEvi4
How was this a waste???