PDA

View Full Version : Which Epic Hip Hop song is the best?

TSA
10-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Im a huge fan of the epic ass rap anthem.
nothing better then dropping some return of jesus shit when a rapper is a the peak of their career. it has to be the peak too or else the beat is just lying.
I like reading history to a lot of these things. Read about napoleon to Get Em Daddy, Nazi germany to Hate me now, that shit is better then the movies.

MODS please add Black Republicans- Nas+Jay-Z, i think that's the only other one.

+ If you check the narrative of these songs and the context they play in rap, they've all, except Triumph, had something to do with Biggie's legacy and Jay-Z which is indirectly tied .
odd.

sarr
10-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Victory is the best...followed by triumph.

think you shoulda added that song by prodigy on his first solo album...forgot the fucken name...its the song after Genesis...oh yea, "Rock dat shit".

also...fat joe has a similar song...real epic sounding,,,forgot the name though

famenchuan
10-15-2009, 06:54 PM
apollo kids!!!!!!!!!

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-15-2009, 07:03 PM
post hostumous anthems>>>

T8kKkdgPp6s

o8Y9-JlSRXw

other anthems

california love
ruff ryders anthem
oh boy
1st of tha month
regulate
jigga what, jigga who
country grammar

etc etc

Victory is the best...followed by triumph.

think you shoulda added that song by prodigy on his first solo album...forgot the fucken name...its the song after Genesis...oh yea, "Rock dat shit".

also...fat joe has a similar song...real epic sounding,,,forgot the name though

i think you mean keep it thoro

sarr
10-15-2009, 07:07 PM
no i dont mean keep it thoro...all those sons you mentioned ghostlaced is not what the OP is talking about...

talking about epic songs.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-15-2009, 07:10 PM
lol, your funny lil guy.

Yeah i see what you mean "rock dat shit" by P was more epic than California love and regulate, good point kid.

sarr
10-15-2009, 07:21 PM
why am i a funny lil guy or a kid? cause i corrected you?

you got lil man syndrome or something?

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-15-2009, 07:27 PM
You talk like a kid youll get treated like one. But yeah, carry on with what you were saying about 'Rock Dat Shit' shit being a bigger epic song than California Love again?

Im interesting in that..

sarr
10-15-2009, 07:30 PM
california luv is the better song...but its not an epic song, hasnt got that type of feel to it. Its more of a party track.

but whatever

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-15-2009, 07:30 PM
haha

Mic Tyson
10-15-2009, 07:50 PM
victory

11th Chamber
10-15-2009, 08:44 PM
post hostumous anthems>>>

T8kKkdgPp6s

o8Y9-JlSRXw

Classics examples right there

california luv is the better song...but its not an epic song, hasnt got that type of feel to it. Its more of a party track.

but whatever

haha who's this kid?

"Yeaa sure C.R.E.A.M. was a cute song, but let me tell you about fuckin impact The Faster Blade off the Ironman cd had on hip hop"

Tommy
10-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Somebody explain to me what qualifies as an "epic hip hop song". I don't get it.

Suga Duga
10-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Somebody explain to me what qualifies as an "epic hip hop song". I don't get it.

rappin to orchestra beats while standing on a bodega's roof in harlem

ALCATRAZ
10-16-2009, 07:38 AM
lol @ camron bein an option

TSA
10-16-2009, 10:11 AM
ghostlaced those songs you posted were epic, just good.