PDA

View Full Version : how is joell ortiz not one of the most insanely dope out?

cap
10-16-2009, 04:34 PM
c'mon, this guy is what real Ny hip hop heads have been waiting for! and i see he doesnt get the respect he deserves on this site and others too. i think you guys need to check for this guy! first off his album THE BRICK : Bodega chronicles is one of the best this decade imo!

here are 2 verses of his this year that blew my mind. his flow, hunger, wordplay,... all that's there!!

check these 2 verses of his.

his verse starts at 1:32
0NIcdOIuz-8

his verse starts at 3:30
HKf0HUyMq68

nobody is hungrier than this dude right here.

and before you shortsighted fucks begin with that "he cant shine on his own" shit, check this track right here!!

87fr9PwIIZ8

claaa7
10-16-2009, 04:40 PM
yeah he's real dope with it, i loved the "125" joints from 'Brick Bodega Chronicles' - pure fucking skill right there!! also "Hip Hop" was beautiful and the joint Showbiz laced but as a whole i didn't think the album was all that.

Mic Tyson
10-16-2009, 04:42 PM
yo the only thing i heard him on was "beauty" off of raes mixtape and he was nice

Poetic Wun
10-16-2009, 04:42 PM
drama and ringtones sell.
not lyrics. do you even listen to hip hop??

but there is enough of his material out there to keep the Joell listeners satisfied.
i've seen a vast improvment in his lyrical game since i first heard of him.

i got everything he's got out too. even his lil verses he did with novel and other cats.
im kinda embarrassed by alot of spic's that rap and at first i was kinda "eh" with him but he's growing on me.

but he's in SH; he came out rockin with Joey; Joey dissed Meth; Meth is in Wu Tang; this is a Wu Tang forum.
product of association for some i guess.

I'll take Royce or Crooked before Joell but i ain't guna front like i don't know what he's about.

NEWRdaMC
10-16-2009, 04:47 PM
honestly speaking for myself of course, he's a lil above average but i only think he's okay because he gets some above average beats, other than that nothin special, i think he's dope dont get that wrong.....

which brings me to this theory ive been pondering: Wu-tang and its universe, and the generals have this longevity because they play off some of there gimmicks, *its creative,fun,smart,entertaining,etc* they have the power to pull off what fans of a broader audience want youknawmean? its like they got mad flavorfull beats, shit that sounds fuckin dope to say off the tongue youknamean? its like its like, they know what goes in a drug addicts fuckin arm whateva whateva whateva......skeet skeet!

iniquity
10-16-2009, 04:47 PM
. might be because he's puerto rican .

cap
10-16-2009, 04:55 PM
drama and ringtones sell.
not lyrics. do you even listen to hip hop??

who said anything about sales? who the fuck cares about sales? the fuck are you even talking about?

Reiko
10-16-2009, 05:01 PM
The Brick is the shit! I love his cd, it's really dope especially tracks like Night In My P's with Big Noyd or Modern Day Slavery.

Poetic Wun
10-16-2009, 05:38 PM
who said anything about sales? who the fuck cares about sales? the fuck are you even talking about?
if its not sales then what are you talking about??
who said he doesnt get respect? real heads turned wen he came on the scene so if he aint gettin respect around your way then ask them cause its all love where im at.

he needs to work on his beat game but otherwise what more are you asking for?
have all the love in the world without the sales?
would that make you happy? that he had "respect"?
when i respect an artist i put other niggas on to their shit, i actually take time to hear the artist and I BUY THEIR SHIT!
thus giving them sales.
thus having their label behind them to promote them better.
thus a gain in popularity.
thats what the fuck im talking about.

he's a predominant factor where im at. i hear his name.
same with my peoples that live in other cites... they mentioning him.
he wasnt around in the era that made it cool to get money off of lyrics.
he's in the age of the fads
he's around in the underground so what are you talking about with your nas in front of an italian flag ass sig? like i asked-
DO
YOU
EVEN
LISTEN
TO
HIP-HOP?

Cause
if
you
did
then
you
would
know
where
he's
at.

cap
10-16-2009, 06:23 PM
wow "poetic wun" that was deep!
you're obviously (hopefully for you) a character you play out on the internet.
moving on.

Mic Tyson
10-16-2009, 07:14 PM
he was sayin he doesn't get love on "this site and others too", not in general.

Poison Flowerz!
10-17-2009, 12:50 AM

corky831
10-17-2009, 02:04 AM
i like him a lot

GhettoGnom
10-17-2009, 06:09 AM
not feelin it.. hes a punchline rapper, and i dont like punchline rappers but in the world of them i dont think hes fuckin with Papoose or Banks

he's not a puncline rapper -_-
listen to his actual tracks (not slaughterhouse verses, cus he gotta do what the group decides there) before you form an opinion.

Meta4
10-17-2009, 12:29 PM
copped bodega the day it dropped. Joell is still that chicano.

mirror, mirror on the wall.... H-A-R-D

RIINě
10-17-2009, 12:58 PM
word, he cant spit any REAL TALK or make REAL SONGS

just stupid punchlines and mixtape talk, no SUBSTANCE!

main_man
10-17-2009, 03:38 PM
total bullshit. joell's not just a punchline rapper, but a real lyricist. i think in the 90s this cat woulda been mentioned with the real lyricists. but in the age of internet bitchassness, hes not getting the props he deserves.
check his "covers the classics" mixtape. cats just dope. period.

GhettoGnom
10-17-2009, 04:11 PM

You never heard an entire Jay-Z album.
You probably never heard an entire Joell release either..
Yet you act like you know what he's about.

Which means your opinion is, objectively speaking, WRONG.

lHayZT0gQ0k
^^That track alone is heavier on substance than your favorite rapper's career.

Don't speak on shit if you don't know the shit you're speaking on.

RIINě
10-17-2009, 04:22 PM
lol @ u having to "search" for a deep joell ortiz track, diggin in the crates huh

11th Chamber
10-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Joell is nice, but dont be trippin thinking he's the savior of hip hop

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-17-2009, 05:54 PM
As soon as internet nerds start saying things like "insanly dope lyricist!!!!" "look at his wordplays"!! "why doesnt he get any credit??!!"

You know its time to turn the fuck off.

The guy is wack, barely even wack. Hes he perfect example of what is wrong with rappers these days. Hes dull, generic, and hes playing the role of a rapper.

GhettoGnom
10-17-2009, 06:06 PM
lol @ u having to "search" for a deep joell ortiz track, diggin in the crates huh

Haha, the fuck? I posted the first video that came to my mind when you said he had no substance, but I guess ignorance is bliss. Keep telling yourself he only make punchline tracks.. smh

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Track you posted was wack son, and you know it.

The guys trying so hard to be a rapper its embarrasing.

ALCATRAZ
10-17-2009, 06:42 PM
As soon as internet nerds start saying things like "insanly dope lyricist!!!!" "look at his wordplays"!! "why doesnt he get any credit??!!"

The guy is wack, barely even wack. Hes he perfect example of what is wrong with rappers these days. Hes dull, generic, and hes playing the role of a rapper.
ahahahaha cosign no hate 2 cap but yeah i dont fuck wit joell ortiz dude is hella boring

cap
10-17-2009, 07:08 PM
wow, a lot of people on here are too fucking negative!! not that you have to like everything i like but damn!! joell is fire!!!!

cap
10-17-2009, 07:23 PM

being you must be sad.

RIINě
10-17-2009, 08:36 PM
having joell ortiz as a favorite rapper @ the age of 21 is even sadder

yo arent u from europe? we're known for only playing that dope stuff & leaving wack shit to americans= ur giving us a bad name by bumping ''joell ortiz''!

GhettoGnom
10-17-2009, 08:54 PM
SLI6O6i_vb8
Life ain't a bitch, life is life and I hate it
^^greatest use of simplifying ever

When is he releasing an album? And what happened to all of the SH members releasing EPs, where's Joell's?

main_man
10-17-2009, 08:56 PM
i just dont get why muhfuckaz jump on threads to hate. muhfuckaz dont rap, make beats or do SHIT, but do nothing but talk shit on cats doin the damn thing. talk shit on the INTERNET at that.

i got an idea, if (insert rapper or producers name here) is so fucking wack, make some shit yourself. write raps, make beats, fuck it, make a whole album. post it. and lets see you do something about it instead of being such incredible pussies.

just a thought.

Mcthuggin99
10-17-2009, 09:53 PM
joell ortiz is boring as hell

triPAUD
10-17-2009, 10:12 PM
The Brick is the shit! I love his cd, it's really dope especially tracks like Night In My P's with Big Noyd or Modern Day Slavery.

definitely one of the best of that year

cap
10-18-2009, 05:48 AM
SLI6O6i_vb8
Life ain't a bitch, life is life and I hate it
^^greatest use of simplifying ever

When is he releasing an album? And what happened to all of the SH members releasing EPs, where's Joell's?

thats a deep track right there!

NinjaSpiT
10-18-2009, 01:41 PM

took the word out my mouth.

C/s x50

TAURO
10-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Joel Ortiz is no better than the average underground mc. He's got talent but not enough to set him apart as a rap superstar.

cap
10-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Joel Ortiz is no better than the average underground mc. He's got talent but not enough to set him apart as a rap superstar.

really tauro you think so?
i disagree, i think he's way nicer, has more hunger and definitely more personality than the average underground rapper... ah well, opinions right?

cRIx_L757_A

Dominus Santorini
10-18-2009, 04:17 PM
I respect the God, but come on, he's no better than most MCs. He's dope on Slaughterhouse though, he came with the hunger on the group album.

His wordplay isn't unique, his style isn't unique...what makes him better than most the mufuckas in the game today?

Never Sleep and Brooklyn Bullshit are good songs, but he doesn't strike me as some unbelievably talented individual.

cap
10-18-2009, 04:27 PM
really? i think its strange how you guys think of this guy as average.

what about this track?

this is pure hunger right here!

7GAUC1ex3L4

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
10-18-2009, 04:29 PM
yeah he's real dope with it, i loved the "125" joints from 'Brick Bodega Chronicles' - pure fucking skill right there!! also "Hip Hop" was beautiful and the joint Showbiz laced but as a whole i didn't think the album was all that.

nah his album was mad dope tracks like "Latino" and "Modern Day Slavery" even "Brooklyn Bullshit" shits were all beasts also shows different sides.

Dominus Santorini
10-18-2009, 04:43 PM
really? i think its strange how you guys think of this guy as average.

what about this track?

this is pure hunger right here!

7GAUC1ex3L4

It's a good song, no doubt. I wouldn't go so far to say he's average he's skilled, I'm just not feeling the "wow" factor from him.

Just my opinion.

I can see why people like him, he just never struck me like when I first heard Joe Budden, Immortal Tech, Jean Grae, etc.

cap
10-18-2009, 04:45 PM
It's a good song, no doubt. I wouldn't go so far to say he's average he's skilled, I'm just not feeling the "wow" factor from him.

Just my opinion.

I can see why people like him, he just never struck me like when I first heard Joe Budden, Immortal Tech, Jean Grae, etc.

ok fair enough, seeing as you like budden i can tell your open minded and like good hip hop too.

Dominus Santorini
10-18-2009, 04:57 PM
I like Ortiz on the Slaughterhouse album.

whitey
10-18-2009, 05:02 PM
he doesnt do anything to separate himself from millions of other rappers imo. average.

TAURO
10-18-2009, 05:05 PM

This is pretty much how I feel too.

Polocash7
10-19-2009, 06:06 AM
J O is nice. The Brick is a dope LP. Way better than most new MCs

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-13-2010, 11:34 AM
bump

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-13-2010, 11:39 AM
not feelin it.. hes a punchline rapper, and i dont like punchline rappers but in the world of them i dont think hes fuckin with Papoose or Banks

The guy is wack, barely even wack. Hes he perfect example of what is wrong with rappers these days. Hes dull, generic, and hes playing the role of a rapper .

ahahahaha cosign no hate 2 cap but yeah i dont fuck wit joell ortiz dude is hella boring

having joell ortiz as a favorite rapper @ the age of 21 is even sadder

yo arent u from europe? we're known for only playing that dope stuff & leaving wack shit to americans= ur giving us a bad name by bumping ''joell ortiz''!

joell ortiz is boring as hell

took the word out my mouth.

C/s x50

he doesnt do anything to separate himself from millions of other rappers imo. average.

he's no better than most MCs. He's

His wordplay isn't unique, his style isn't unique...what makes him better than most the mufuckas in the game today?

AHAHahahahahah ^^^CO SIGN!!^^^ AHHAHAhahahahhaahahahaahhahhaHH!!!!!

now look at this loser!!

seeing as you like budden i can tell your open minded and like good hip hop too.

AHAHHAha awhat a fag!!! hHHAHAHAAAA Just leave the internet, please

Your fucking in love with these slumber house lames , its fuckin embarrasin!!

Afficial_Nastee
02-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Joell Ortiz is just an average rapper who has got some good tracks here and there , like the couple of tracks that were posted in the other Joell ortiz thread , but at the end of the day he's just one of those mixtape rappers who have been desperetaly trying to make it big in The Hip-Hop game for almost a decade now and still didn't really succeed , I guess the dude doesn't even have a great following or fanbase and he prolly be forgotten within 10 years unless somebody pops in some Def Jam vendetta or NBA Live 2005 in their by then heavily outdated playstation 2....

RAW-TASTE
02-13-2010, 03:51 PM
hes average

has a few standouts once in a while but nothing special, generic delivery,voice,flow, everything

the thing that i dont like about slaughterhouse is.....after a while they all sound the same, sure crooked and royce is ill, and the two others got some good verses/songs, but they start to sound identical when you hear them on a song together and a whole album with them gets bland and boring bleh

RIINě
02-13-2010, 04:27 PM
u gotta get that FREE RHYME STRUCTURE like my man shalla raekwon does...THEN u are a king! not that "trying to fit into bars type rap" (like oh heres the snare that means i have to rhyme now)

^i said this to some mcee in the audio booth a while ago, its exactly the same reason why joel ortiz is wack

Frank Sobotka
02-13-2010, 07:20 PM
but at the end of the day he's just one of those mixtape rappers
His mixtapes arent'a good reflection of ortiz.
Covering the classics was a cool concept but poorly executed because the freestyles were too short. Road Kill was mostly him playing around.

Charles Barry
02-14-2010, 12:43 AM
He's one of the few emcees of this era that I can tolerate. Son has some skill.

hide1998
02-14-2010, 01:24 AM
Ortiz is dope. Just because he isn't my favorite MC doesn't change the reality of him being MUCH better than a majority of the hip-hop game.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-16-2010, 03:56 PM
bump

cap
02-16-2010, 04:22 PM
bump

lol i still have the exact same opinion as when i made this thread. im not like you, you're the one who first praised gucci mane, then nobody co-signed your pasty ass now you're dissing him lol.

so yeah bump the shit out of this thread. Joell ortiz is illy!!!!!

IYA0Dt4wgNU

mQcGmodSoec

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-16-2010, 04:24 PM
look how mad this kid gets LOL

i read Belgium has the highest suicide rate in Europe, i dont want to push you to far.

but i think i will.

Frank Sobotka
02-16-2010, 04:27 PM
You seem to like hating on joell more then we like to listen to him

cap
02-16-2010, 04:29 PM
look how mad this kid gets LOL

i read Belgium has the highest suicide rate in Europe, i dont want to push you to far.

but i think i will.

i doubt thats even true but hey.

i guess the most suicides occur because the suicide guy has some sort of an identity crisis. that means you're due to swing from the ceiling by your belt any day now... probably hoping you come back as a black guy in harlem...

cap
02-16-2010, 04:30 PM
You seem to like hating on joell more then we like to listen to him

indeed he does ikke, indeed he does.

Frank Sobotka
02-16-2010, 04:42 PM
i doubt thats even true but hey.

i guess the most suicides occur because the suicide guy has some sort of an identity crisis. that means you're due to swing from the ceiling by your belt any day now... probably hoping you come back as a black guy in harlem...It's mostly rich people not apreciating life.

In that case belgium could have high suicide rates, I think it's up their with wealthiest countries (luxemburg being on top)