PDA

View Full Version : Is racism pride or hate?

TSA
10-19-2009, 09:12 AM
I've began to realize that due to human nature, racism is natural.
Human beings categorize things by nature, when they can't their brain can't wrap around it and we're all pretty aware of this. On top of that human beings have a need to belong to groups.

one weird thing i noticed about grouping or tribalizing is that in all instances the group always has the mentality that their group is special or superior, and are always quick to act in contemp to similar groups.

look at user groups for instance lol. As soon as someone is told they are a Non Ignorant or a Joker they suddenly become proud of this label. As meaningless as it is they begin to think they have an oath of loyalty to the members in there and there's a fundamental difference between them and people of other user groups on wutang forms. When you insult the group you insult them.

what is the group? nothing, just a colorful name on a wutang forum for the discussion of wutang. They even brag about the usergroup and try to prove it's superiority. the superiority of 1 subsection of a wutang forum for general discussion over another. almost by nature.

then comes the increased likeliness to insult other usergroups are begin an irrational power show to prove the dominance of one over the others.

user groups is just a small tangible example. Look at countries, gangs, tribes, races, religions, people that work at denys v ppl that work at ihop, people that drive car A. v car B., sports, everything that categorizes ppl instantly sends ppl into a state of tribalistic collectivism.

the root of this isn't a hate for everything but yourself, but often a pride in what you belong to that says, if we're the best then everyone must be the worst or if we are to be the best others must be or become below us.

any little thing can be turned into a tribe war, and that's why i think racism is not so much a hate for other groups, but a pride in your own that makes no sense and the prouder one is in their group the more outwardly racist they tend to be. this explains dehumanization sexual violence and cannibalism that's often experienced after military victory as well.

thoughts?

RALPH WIGGUM
10-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Thats all true, people wanna belong so bad, but pride aint racism, you got the right to be proud of being black or white or whatever as long as you recognize other people's right to do the same.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-19-2009, 09:33 AM
It's a difference coping mechanism.

TSA
10-19-2009, 09:41 AM
im new on the rap scene, brothers never heard of me, but im a menace yo, police wanna murder me.

Teh KillaBee
10-19-2009, 12:22 PM
I hate everybody, does that make me racist or enlightened

<-----ahead of the curve imo

Uncle Steezo
10-19-2009, 12:27 PM
this type of thinking, superficial catagorization that is, is low level consciousness.
it stems from the inability to find similarities and more complex relationships beyond the obvious ones.

Teh KillaBee
10-19-2009, 12:29 PM
this type of thinking, superficial catagorization that is, is low level consciousness.
it stems from the inability to find similarities and more complex relationships beyond the obvious ones.

http://a4.vox.com/6a011016867240860d011017c716f4860e-500pi

hopbatcre
10-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Hey hey great idea! That way people can name their tanks for visitors to see! Once again great idea!

Poetic Wun
10-19-2009, 12:37 PM
i can kinda get what ur saying but displaying pride doen't mean its necessary to evoke hatred.
im "proud" of my race(s) and UG for that matter but any admission to that doesn't really come into play till my toes is stepped on, really.

@Style:
cosign

Teh KillaBee
10-19-2009, 12:38 PM
wtf is adjustable beds.org, worst first post ever

Teh KillaBee
10-19-2009, 12:39 PM
I think we all need more racism and paranoia

Poetic Wun
10-19-2009, 12:39 PM
i smell spam

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-19-2009, 12:42 PM
it's usually pride and hate most of the time isn't it?

true

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-19-2009, 12:46 PM
People give all humans too much credit alot of the times, as if we're some sort of perfect species. Clearly were not. Theres like 0.005% of insanely clever people that move things forward like in science every few decades and in spirituality and few hundred years, but the rest of us, are fucking lame and retarded lol.

Of course theres gonna be lots of racist people, its because humans on a whole, suck ass. What are you expecting

Teh KillaBee
10-19-2009, 12:47 PM
i smell spam

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff155/Wilmafingerdo/Gif%20Folder/Hammer_Time.gif

Teh KillaBee
10-19-2009, 12:49 PM
but the rest of us, are fucking lame and retarded lol.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6699/thumbheads.jpg

Uncle Steezo
10-19-2009, 02:22 PM
no@ lacey.

we are products of evironment and conditioning. u are conditioned to be retarded. or you may lack the info and tools to be enlightened.

humanity, as a concept and construct, is perfect. we have the ability to change and evolve within one's one lifetime.

TSA
10-19-2009, 02:29 PM
People give all humans too much credit alot of the times, as if we're some sort of perfect species. Clearly were not. Theres like 0.005% of insanely clever people that move things forward like in science every few decades and in spirituality and few hundred years, but the rest of us, are fucking lame and retarded lol.

Of course theres gonna be lots of racist people, its because humans on a whole, suck ass. What are you expecting
true indeed. humans love giving humans credit as much as they like categorizing based on differences.
im not saying i expect them to be better, I even have racist thoughts based on pride and i dont see myself getting rid of anytime soon.
i don't hate other ppl but i just sometimes feel that various groups i categorize myself with are the best and if they're the best others must be worst.

like the 1%. It's obviously the best usergroup.

TSA
10-19-2009, 02:32 PM
no@ lacey.

we are products of evironment and conditioning. u are conditioned to be retarded. or you may lack the info and tools to be enlightened.

humanity, as a concept and construct, is perfect. we have the ability to change and evolve within one's one lifetime.

i dont think so. i think for the most part we're actually retarded with the exception of a few ppl that aren't retarded but them not being retarded doesn't mean their not dicks heads goobers pussies and idiots.

humans dont deserve the credit we give ourselves and the notion that humanity is somehow under preforming is idealistic cause in the end we just want to east bust nuts and be the dominate breed :mmmyah:

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-19-2009, 02:39 PM
no@ lacey.

Are you saying pigs wouldnt roll in shit if they werent provided with shit? Of course they would, theyre pigs, theyre intelligent creatures, but they just happen to enjoy rolling around in shit and mud. regardless of whether or not theyve been provided with shit or not. You can put a pig indoors its whole life, and not let it ever roll in shit and mud, it will still live etc. It might not be as happy or comfortable, but it doesnt really need to have shit and mud in its life to survive.

and dogs. theres a proportion of dogs who just happen to enjoy eating their own turds. they just enjoy doing it. theres not been 'conditioning' on them to make them enjoy eating their turds, they just do it because theyre dogs. Its not particulary appealing to look at, but no one expects or looks as dogs as being perfect.

Teh KillaBee
10-19-2009, 02:40 PM
kill whitey

TAURO
10-19-2009, 03:05 PM
This topic is far too advanced for a gen chat discussion.

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-19-2009, 03:29 PM
humanity, as a concept and construct, is perfect.

no to both.
as a construct, we are amazing--re: the complexity and functionality of our circulatory, nervous, and skeletal systems. however, we are not utilizing our full neurological potential, and we lose over 60% of the energy we generate as heat, which is woefully inefficient for a 'construct'. we still don't even fully understand the mechanics of our brain or consciousness.

as a concept, no one can agree on set definitions or parameters of human behavior and human nature, and where our 'genetic race memory' ends and where conditioning begins.

i do agree that conditioning is important;whether its social, environmental, or based on what type of information and entertainment we absorb, but again, we as a species can't agree on how influential that is.

This topic is far too advanced for a gen chat discussion.

I don't know; aside from Teh Killabee's agonizingly unfunny posts, this discussion's been going pretty well.

Teh KillaBee
10-19-2009, 03:31 PM
lol

diggy
10-19-2009, 04:12 PM
I've began to realize that due to human nature, racism is natural.
Human beings categorize things by nature, when they can't their brain can't wrap around it and we're all pretty aware of this. On top of that human beings have a need to belong to groups.

Racism is NOT natural.

Categorizing things and racism are NOT the same.

Categorizing is what we are supposed to do.

Racism is a hierarchy of 'races' (a concept that does not exist in reality) with one said to be superior on top and the 'inferior' one on the bottom. The so-called superior ones mistreat the ones they consider inferior. If they were really superior, they would not mistreat others they consider inferior.

one weird thing i noticed about grouping or tribalizing is that in all instances the group always has the mentality that their group is special or superior, and are always quick to act in contemp to similar groups.

Ya, this happens often.

the root of this isn't a hate for everything but yourself, but often a pride in what you belong to that says, if we're the best then everyone must be the worst or if we are to be the best others must be or become below us.

Ya, that's cuz faulty reasoning is prevalent.

HANZO
10-19-2009, 04:39 PM
I think you can relate having pride with nationalism easier.

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-19-2009, 07:38 PM
^^^isn't nationalism also something that can lead to xenophobia and bigotry though?

TheBoarzHeadBoy
10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
I'll explain this in English.

It's racist if I do it because I'm white.

It's pride if a black man does it.

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-19-2009, 08:00 PM
-yawn-

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
10-19-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm pretty sure pride, fear, hatred, ignorance, and racism are all linked somehow.

People love what they see and know and makes them comfortable.

People fear that which they do not know and then hate what they fear.

TSA
10-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Nationalism ALWAYS comes with xenophobia, and yes diggy categorizing does lead to racism.

if you acknowledge two things are different you begin to think which is better? since they're not the same they can't be equals, its natural

if you go buy bread and see 2 brands you aren't familiar with but they're the only options your gonna think which one is better.

TSA
10-20-2009, 12:39 AM
when ppl are proud of their race logic and ration goes out the window and tribalism and racism come out.

the two most problack em effer on this website, ill say style and sunny, both very racist and both believe black ppl are the shit,

EVEN THOUGH on this website the person they hate the most is the blackest dude on here. its not a rational love for black ppl cause every black person they know they don't love, but they just like black ppl as a concept cause its their group.

even look at reactional racism

i hate person a cause person a's group did this to my group.
but person a didn't just a collection of ppl with person a's skin hue.

ppl are falling in love with the concept of black when they know there's A LOT of black ppl they fucking hate, and ppl are falling in love with the concept of white when they hate every white person they know based on their common skin hues.

Surreptitious
10-20-2009, 09:32 PM
I believe it is hateful pride

On the other hand, who gives a shit

Bobby_Digital72
10-20-2009, 09:46 PM
the two most problack em effer on this website, ill say style and sunny, both very racist and both believe black ppl are the shit,

EVEN THOUGH on this website the person they hate the most is the blackest dude on here. its not a rational love for black ppl cause every black person they know they don't love, but they just like black ppl as a concept cause its their group.

I've only been here few months but I've never seen them post anyting racist?

and to your Original Question ..I think its more Ignorance ...most people fear what they dont know...IMO