PDA

View Full Version : the best ever concious rappers

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2009, 09:11 AM
or to use a better term "socially aware"

i think the all time greatest at putting his social feelings and beliefs across to the audience was Pac, no doubt. plus he delivered with unmantched feeling and emotivness. plus he wasnt trying to be "a rapper". it just happened to be what he expressed thru.

as for the best rapper aswell, idk, alot of concious rappers are also happen to be good rappers aswell

Novel T
10-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Your choices suck ASS!

Kanye? Really? Z-Ro? Who the fucck can name even ONE Z-Ro song?!

You got Scarface on there, but no Ice Cube?

And you left off the answer to your question: THE MOTHERFUCKIN IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE!!!!!

KLIION JENSEN
10-20-2009, 10:49 AM
lmao...

Melle Mel ?? why, cos he made The Message ??
Kanye ?? if its about wearing gay clothes...
lol, you put Andre 3000 & Cee Lo, but no Big Boi...
Nas talks more shit than ever, i dont even think he's aware of anything...
Z Ro, shit, i know he's dope, but he's more gangsta rapper than anything

like dude above me said, Scarface but no Ice Cube ??? but i have to disagree with him on Immortal Technique, i just dont like the sound of his voice...

and NOT that i like the guy, but you left off Eminem...

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2009, 11:02 AM
..Wow

Longbongcilvaringz
10-20-2009, 11:09 AM
That Atmosphere guy is pretty cool.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2009, 11:13 AM
hahaha, if you dont like some of the choices, then dont vote for them, thats kinda the idea of the poll.

But im glad you all seem to hold me in such high esteem that you automatically expect me to draw up the perfect list of conscious rappers, exactly to your personal specifications.

Youve got one herb questioning Melle Mel's inclusion, the guy that literally INVENETED concious rap, and the same herb is attacking Z Ro, calling him a gangsta rapper (lol!), while at the same time saying Ice Cube, one of the original gangsta rappers, should be a certain on there lol.

This place is hilarious.

Klingon Jenson, you are the perfect emobdyment of a clueless white backpack rap fan. You even had the obligatory "im not a Eminem fan, BUT, he should be on whatevr rap list you are making"

The Prime Sithesizah
10-20-2009, 11:17 AM
... first emcees I thought of..

Nas.. Ice Cube.. Joe Budden.. Common.. Immortal Tech.. Canibus (and thats based off of his perspective lyrically on For Whom The Beat Tolls.. overlook the vocabulary and make sense of what he's saying.. shit is beyond the deepest thoughts)..

and Im picking on the terms of being "socially.. aware" .. so those are the conscious rappers I picked..

KLIION JENSEN
10-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Melle Mel made 2 "concious" rap songs, The Message & Survival (The Message 2)....

YES, Ice Cube was one of the first gangsta rappers, but he was also socially aware, people can be more than 1 thing, KRS ONE made some gangsta songs, so did Public Enemy, Scarface made shitloads of gangsta song, same as 2Pac.....so u still are a tard, and your list sucks....

i voted KRS ONE, the teacher

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Melle Mel made 2 "concious" rap songs, The Message & Survival (The Message 2)....

YES, Ice Cube was one of the first gangsta rappers, but he was also socially aware, people can be more than 1 thing, KRS ONE made some gangsta songs, so did Public Enemy, Scarface made shitloads of gangsta song, same as 2Pac.....so u still are a tard, and your list sucks....

i voted KRS ONE, the teacher

what are you doing? Argueing against yourself now?

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2009, 11:21 AM
... first emcees I thought of..

Nas.. Ice Cube.. Joe Budden.. Common.. Immortal Tech.. Canibus (and thats based off of his perspective lyrically on For Whom The Beat Tolls.. overlook the vocabulary and make sense of what he's saying.. shit is beyond the deepest thoughts)..

and Im picking on the terms of being "socially.. aware" .. so those are the conscious rappers I picked..

Pack your shit, and get out.

MaskedAvenger
10-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Mos Def, Common, Sage, KRS, Murs, Slug, Kweli, Immortal Tech, Chuck D, etc etc

The Prime Sithesizah
10-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Joe Budden and Canibus not socially aware as conscious emcees but Z-Ro is? WOW!! Says alot about how well youre school'd to understand Hip-Hop, let alone.. Rap music..

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Smh at the total lack of knowledge on Z Ro and who he is, by teenage Joe Budden fans.

GhettoGnom
10-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Ghostlaced is obviously not the person to put together a list like this.. Both the term & argument is dumb as fuck. And is the question who's the best rapper here or who makes the better "socially aware" tracks? And why are groups included in a list of rappers?

Joe Budden and Canibus not socially aware as conscious emcees but Z-Ro is? WOW!! Says alot about how well youre school'd to understand Hip-Hop, let alone.. Rap music..

Go listen to Z-Ro.
How the fuck is Canibus socially aware? Or Joe Budden for that matter?

not gangster != socially aware

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2009, 11:26 AM
For the Joe budden fans and those from Norway and those generally lacking in hip hop years

JczwPPeyLD4

THE MASON
10-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Dead prez for sho, not so much now but Lets Get Free definitely

Pac of course

Talib and Mos were the first two i thought of after Pac and KRS would be a good choice.
Lauryn Hill was dope then she went all crazy bitch

why people trippin on the choices, there are dope emcees who are "socially aware" on that list

THE MASON
10-20-2009, 11:28 AM
oh shit i didnt even see Common

*spins Sixth Sense*

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Ghostlaced is obviously not the person to put together a list like this.. Both the term & argument is dumb as fuck. And is the question who's the best rapper here or who makes the better "socially aware" tracks? And why are groups included in a list of rappers?

Dude, your a slaughterhosue stan, and your from Norway. What are you talking about.

This thread is getting overrun by Joe Budden and Canibus fans getting virtually analised that their favorite poster boys have been overlooked for real MC's

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2009, 11:31 AM
why people trippin on the choices, there are dope emcees who are "socially aware" on that list

People are mad because its a dope list LOL

They want Ice Cube but no Z Ro because hes supposedly a gangsta rapper? haha

What were the other guys they said i left off....Canibus and Joe Budden/??? HAHHAHAHHaahha1!!

And mad about Melle Mel??

Ignore these herbs

Art Vandelay
10-20-2009, 11:34 AM
I vote Soulja Boy

Prolifical ENG
10-20-2009, 11:37 AM
i voted andre. i have nothing against z-ro being on the list, he should be.

Visionz
10-20-2009, 11:40 AM
"cut out all the non-sense like 'he conscious'...."

Mos Def is the first dude I think of when I see the title....but I see a lot of cats is hateful of that Houston Hip-hop. Scarface is wild in that he'll be gangsta as fuck on one track and talkin religious on the next and still present it in a way that it doesn't seem contradictory. In short, whatever you label it, one things for sure, that's a bad muthafucka

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2009, 11:42 AM
i voted andre. i have nothing against z-ro being on the list, he should be.

Its jsut all the clueless backpackers who think everything from the south sucks/gangsta etc, they havent got a clue

Which is why we have things like Joe Budden for them to listen to. Smh at havign to defend Z ro in a thread like this. These guys should be banned.

THE MASON
10-20-2009, 11:47 AM
if anything the "gangsta" rappers are some of the most socially aware, all they talk about is the conditions in the ghettos and how they are still fucked up etc..

or even Talib and Mos or Dead Prez who are more "black power" artists, black revolutionists is more correct lol

Cat who mentioned Slug, Slug aint very socially aware

Prolifical ENG
10-20-2009, 11:48 AM
east coast backpackers should have become familiar with south park coalition and their affiliates long ago.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2009, 11:52 AM
if anything the "gangsta" rappers are some of the most socially aware, all they talk about is the conditions in the ghettos and how they are still fucked up etc..

Thats exactly my point of view, and I dont use the word gangsta in the same way the backpackers do.

But even if you knew anything about Z ro, especially all his early albums, you'd know he aint gangsta anyway. Recently hes gone more to the commercial side, but hes still known down south as one of the truest dudes to ever spit about the psychology of living in the ghetto.

The Prime Sithesizah
10-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Dude, your a slaughterhosue stan, and your from Norway. What are you talking about.

This thread is getting overrun by Joe Budden and Canibus fans getting virtually analised that their favorite poster boys have been overlooked for real MC's

Wow.. so if I like Canibus and Joe Budden as emcees LOGICALLY fit for this thread by those means of being socially aware emcees, it's a problem with my own personal opinion? Youre stuck on the whole Rae/Joe shit.. smh.. nobody cares anymore, man! Talent is talent.. and in this case, you cant deny those two (Canibus and Joe).. I would love to hear at least 3 songs by Z Ro that are socially conscious records.. and dont let Canibus' vocabulary get over ya head.. nor let the Joe Budden issue overshadow his relative songs..

11th Chamber
10-20-2009, 12:14 PM
2pac wins.

Lol at random fags coming thru with some Joe Budden and fuckin Canibus shit

Talking endlessly about YOURself and YOUR problems doesnt make you socially aware u fags

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2009, 12:22 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/281ggb4.jpg

This douche aint getting no where near my fucking list faggots, you got some nerve even continueing to admit you listen to this loser, now carry on cutting your arms while listening to his new album.

Suga Duga
10-20-2009, 12:24 PM
..Wow

lol, I thought the same. that jensen dude is always droppin certified bullshit in every thread.

The Prime Sithesizah
10-20-2009, 12:25 PM
2pac wins.

Lol at random fags coming thru with some Joe Budden and fuckin Canibus shit

Talking endlessly about YOURself and YOUR problems doesnt make you socially aware u fags

Socially aware = the shit people go through regularly.. something people can relate to on their own personal terms.. not just about SELF.. thats the purpose of the word "SOCIAL".. smh.. ya' let lyrics go waayy over ya heads..

Shogah
10-20-2009, 12:59 PM
i voted pac, but public enemy is there also...

beautifulrock
10-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Where is POS?

food for thought
10-20-2009, 01:10 PM
2pac is number one, ofcourse.

but NYOIL is number two. (member of UMCs)

NYOILs whole discography is socially concsious.

some of his song titles (u can get the realness from the titles):

I Will Never Be Your Sellout
Close Your Eyes
Youre a Queen
You Should All Get Lynched
Father Father
Watsup My Wigger Wigger
Self Destrukkktion
Misery Loves Company

lol NOBODY YOU PEOPLE LISTED EVEN COMPARE TO HIM.

DONT MAKE ME SPLASH YOU WITH HIS JOINTS.

MATTER OF FACT I WILL REGARDLESS IN A LIL BIT AFTER I SMOKE SOME OF THIS BLUNT.

NYOIL IS THE MOST CONCIOUS/AWARE RAPPER TODAY.

food for thought
10-20-2009, 01:14 PM
smh @ the joe buddens and canibus (LOL WTF??)

cosign ghostlaced. PACK YOUR SHIT AND GET OUT, FAG.

LOL @ kanye. he aint shit but a commercial ass POP rapper.

Steve Urkel
10-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Kanye?

This thread fails

Shogah
10-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Kanye has many social commenting songs, maybe they're crap but he does it.

His awareness is debatable, but he makes that material, cause people like to see that...

Fgqd80026xU

Tommy
10-20-2009, 01:29 PM
How the fuck is Joe Budden even considered a "concious rapper"? Oh, and for those saying no to Kanye, how are College Dropout, Late Registration and (some) Graduation not concious? Fucking fools.

For the record, I voted 2Pac.

REAL6
10-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Natural Elements...

Frank Drebin
10-20-2009, 01:37 PM
none of the above

The Prime Sithesizah
10-20-2009, 01:39 PM
How the fuck is Joe Budden even considered a "concious rapper"? Oh, and for those saying no to Kanye, how are College Dropout, Late Registration and (some) Graduation not concious? Fucking fools.

For the record, I voted 2Pac.

look up what "conscious" means...

harm77
10-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Yo how the fuck you dont have Brand Nubian on that poll??????

food for thought
10-20-2009, 01:48 PM
lol did this nigga just post Diamonds from Sierra Leone?

this is concious hip hop:

XDhhSjRbwe4

7kCEbobR20w

fjxxW5kzsQ8

FZx4V9dZGB0

food for thought
10-20-2009, 01:49 PM
-close thread-

food for thought
10-20-2009, 01:54 PM
bonus:

eqwSGnEXfFQ

-close thread-

ALCATRAZ
10-20-2009, 01:58 PM
tupac without a doubt he was bigger than rap no one will ever reach his status ever

RALPH WIGGUM
10-20-2009, 02:00 PM
PE.
Tupac aint more socially aware than biggie to me, sure brendas got a baby is great n all, but if he was that clever he wouldnt have get hustled by suge knight.
Kanye is a great artist, but hes no conscious rapper.
ODB should be on the list.
lol at people saying joe budden

ShaDynasty
10-20-2009, 02:01 PM
About 4 of those rappers are 'conscious'. The rest have apparently been knocked out.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Some of the comments in this thread a hilarious man. This place really is full of deluded angst filled confused backpackers.

Some breif rap Demographics:

The emotional crap Joe Budden and his like talk about is for socially awkward spoilt little rich boys whove grown up in comfortable conditions full of angst based around them not getting everything they ever wanted off their parents.

Z Ro and co speaks to the hood, and people growing up poor, people growing up poor dont give a fuck about some fucking rappers personal problems, the fuck, theyve got their own shit to worry about, Z ro mirrors what they are going thru, which is why he is the real king of the south for the people

Canibus is for people who have never had education past high school but are totally convinced of their own intelligence, and try to use rap music as a way of underscoring their as yet un-proven smartness, constantly bitter and angsty about the fact that Canibus isnt permantly declared the greatest MC of all time, because you know, of how clever he is, sort of, because he talks about galaxies,how many litres of water is in the Atlantic, and ripping mics off arms.

Blackprint
10-20-2009, 02:14 PM

What does being from Norway have to do with anything?

Also to the dude that said Slug... I wouldn't say he belongs in the top of this category. Even though his lyrics carries a message, he's more of a storyteller.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Thats exactly my point of view, and I dont use the word gangsta in the same way the backpackers do.

But you use the word "backpacker" in the same way "the gangstas" do.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Sean Bateman ive been a backpacker myself, im looking right now at possibly around 200 Cd's in my collection which could b seen as back pack. But its a stage I grew out of after my teens. I was always more into Mobb Deep and so on anyway. But I did listen to alot of back pack rap for a few years.

It was alot better back then though. Its just gay now.

The Prime Sithesizah
10-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Some of the comments in this thread a hilarious man. This place really is full of deluded angst filled confused backpackers.

Some breif rap Demographics:

The emotional crap Joe Budden and his like talk about is for socially awkward spoilt little rich boys whove grown up in comfortable conditions full of angst based around them not getting everything they ever wanted off their parents.

Z Ro and co speaks to the hood, and people growing up poor, people growing up poor dont give a fuck about some fucking rappers personal problems, the fuck, theyve got their own shit to worry about, Z ro mirrors what they are going thru, which is why he is the real king of the south for the people

Canibus is for people who have never had education past high school but are totally convinced of their own intelligence, and try to use rap music as a way of underscoring their as yet un-proven smartness, constantly bitter and angsty about the fact that Canibus isnt permantly declared the greatest MC of all time, because you know, of how clever he is, sort of, because he talks about galaxies,how many litres of water is in the Atlantic, and ripping mics off arms.

Ghostlaced, if that was the case.. all rappers referring to the struggle in their hood should be considered conscious rappers... yeah, being political and speaking against violence and etc are just a few stages of the "conscious" elements.. IMO.. when its a rapper expressing themselves and you can relate to it... poor or rich, and you've got people that are like "Im going through the same thing yo".. thats on some CONSCIOUS shit, you did your job getting through to somebody somewhere.. to me, its about the people relating..

Poetic Wun
10-20-2009, 02:25 PM
lol nobody mentioning the coup.

while i do admit joey has skill i don't think his niche is conscious rap. i find him more of a battle rapper than anything. same with canibus.

Kanye let his POPness become who he is despite he made some conscious shit.
Common don't fuck with conscious no mo.
i was listening to mos the other day and it surprised me how i never took notice how "aware" he is. on any level.

PE & KRS sticks to their guns, i like that... unlike DP anymore.
Nas occasionally go drop a jewel nowadays.

Lauryn & Melle mel are of the past imo. unfortunately.
c-lo and andre are ill but i never look for their message i guess.
i dont listen to scarface, z-ro so i can't judge

*sigh* then there's Mr. Pac.......

i vote for Mos Def.
i think Technique shoulda been on the list for the simple fact that, while other niggas is "spittin conscious rap", where was Imoortal Technique just at?
idk but i dont remember any others on the list makin them moves.

cosign@Food-fo-thought's last couple posts.

Poetic Wun
10-20-2009, 02:30 PM

can't deny this.... not sayin they dont have talent but i've noticed this.
word up.
tho sean had a point.

ALCATRAZ
10-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Tupac aint more socially aware than biggie to me

ur from france so i'll let that slide seeing as how you probably know nothing about rap

if he was that clever he wouldnt have get hustled by suge knight.

ok now your just a faggit ... please explain to me how 2pac was "hustled" by suge knight ...

Longbongcilvaringz
10-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Sean Bateman ive been a backpacker myself, im looking right now at possibly around 200 Cd's in my collection which could b seen as back pack. But its a stage I grew out of after my teens. I was always more into Mobb Deep and so on anyway. But I did listen to alot of back pack rap for a few years.

Yeah again, you're misusing the term as everyone else here chooses to.

What do i care though, i like BCC and Aesop Rock, i'm a backpacker either way.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Oh yeah, and i want 2pac to sodomise to death..

He was the second coming of Jesus and i masturbate while listening to The 7 Day Theory every night with my eyes closed.

Blackprint
10-20-2009, 02:50 PM
ur from france so i'll let that slide seeing as how you probably know nothing about rap

Again with this ignorant "You're from ___, so shut up" shit. Are you people out of your fucking mind?

ALCATRAZ
10-20-2009, 02:53 PM
no, we're American

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac218/side86/sm/AmericanFlag-Animated.gif

dont hate us cuz we beautiful

TAURO
10-20-2009, 02:55 PM
no, we're American

http://www.foodfacts.info/blog/uploaded_images/mcdonald-large-kid-750701.jpg

Blackprint
10-20-2009, 02:57 PM
no, we're American

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/129150-1/Tom_Cruise_crazy_laugh.gif

Longbongcilvaringz
10-20-2009, 02:58 PM
2pac is a beautiful man i want to have sex with him (no homo lol)

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2009, 03:08 PM
For the record Cee-Lo is probably one of the most conscious on the whole list but I see no ones mentioned him because alot of these Budden fans probably never heard of him before Gnarls Barkley

ALCATRAZ
10-20-2009, 03:18 PM
2pac > france

LORD NOSE
10-20-2009, 03:21 PM
we'll take Hip Hop back

and this time the wack won't be allowed to attend

RALPH WIGGUM
10-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Ha ha you're juss a groupie man, I aint hatin on pac, Im just witnessin how, in france too, a lot of dudes that know nothing about hip hop glorify pac, just cause hes dead. Sure he was a great rapper, but the greatest conscious rapper hell no.
And dont ask me how he got fucked by suge knight, suge knight owed him a lotta money.
Hes a goddamn gangster, and tupac wasnt.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-20-2009, 03:23 PM
2pac > humanity + white people in general.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-20-2009, 03:23 PM
2pac: GOAT
Nas: Sheep

RALPH WIGGUM
10-20-2009, 03:24 PM
ODB>Pac

Longbongcilvaringz
10-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Tupac Shakur, best chest + kindest eyes in conscious hop hop:

http://www.freewebs.com/nyznightmare/pac.jpg

5hundred&one
10-20-2009, 03:27 PM
2pac is causing pat bateman to have an internet breakdown right before our very eyes.

harm77
10-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Tupac Shakur, best chest + kindest eyes in conscious hop hop:

http://www.freewebs.com/nyznightmare/pac.jpg

Atleast now we know who the gay rapper is

Poetic Wun
10-20-2009, 03:43 PM
2pac > music

ALCATRAZ
10-20-2009, 03:45 PM
a lot of dudes that know nothing about hip hop glorify pac, just cause hes dead.

they ain't glorifying him simply for the fact he's dead you moron, have you even paid attention to hip hop in the last decade and a half? have you forgot who was runnin the show that entire time? huh stupid?

And dont ask me how he got fucked by suge knight, suge knight owed him a lotta money.

LOL nigga, you think i don't notice you duckin the question? you came out of pocket and said pac was gettin hustled by suge, and i'm callin u out on it ... back up ur statement or fall back like a snitch

11th Chamber
10-20-2009, 03:48 PM
NYOIL should be smacked for having the worst name in hip-hop

SL33
10-20-2009, 03:50 PM
PE for me...

ALCATRAZ
10-20-2009, 03:51 PM
euKfM1-nTvo

Praise be to You, God and Father of our Lord and Savior Tupac Amaru Shakur.

RALPH WIGGUM
10-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Well Ill make myself clearer, see, knight owed pac money over royalty, then pac died, I see a connection.
Suge Knight got pac outta jail in exchange of going to death row, then took his money, thats the hustle.

ALCATRAZ
10-20-2009, 04:00 PM
all you are telling me is that suge knight owed pac money, and 2pac died ... please help me see the connection there ... i mean, what you are saying is plausible, but you need more than that to make a statement like "pac got hustled by suge" ... i think you are reaching young frenchman

The Prime Sithesizah
10-20-2009, 04:02 PM
For the record Cee-Lo is probably one of the most conscious on the whole list but I see no ones mentioned him because alot of these Budden fans probably never heard of him before Gnarls Barkley

Cee-Lo before.. during.. and after Gnarles Barkley is a conscious emcee, period! Thats one thing I dont think anyone could ever deny. But your view of a conscious rapper isnt the same as everyone else's because there's different levels of that term "Socially Conscious". Point and case, some will think that RZA is socially conscious and some wont. Thats all surrounding particular verses and songs though.. but to end it all, that term has branches to it.. meaning, more classes and levels.. dont take offense in my opinion, man lmao.. its ONLY AN OPINION!

GhettoGnom
10-20-2009, 04:05 PM
For the Joe budden fans and those from Norway and those generally lacking in hip hop years

JczwPPeyLD4

Dude, I actually DEFENDED you and fully agreed with you on the Z-Ro / Joe Budden / Canibus thing.. Put some ice on your dick and get your hard-on for me down.

NinjaSpiT
10-20-2009, 08:23 PM
or to use a better term "socially aware"

i think the all time greatest at putting his social feelings and beliefs across to the audience was Pac, no doubt. plus he delivered with unmantched feeling and emotivness. plus he wasnt trying to be "a rapper". it just happened to be what he expressed thru.

as for the best rapper aswell, idk, alot of concious rappers are also happen to be good rappers aswell

LCOB greatly outweighs your list by infinite points.good try though.

oDoUoSoKo
10-20-2009, 08:30 PM
thread=fail.

RALPH WIGGUM
10-21-2009, 07:47 AM
all you are telling me is that suge knight owed pac money, and 2pac died ... please help me see the connection there ... i mean, what you are saying is plausible, but you need more than that to make a statement like "pac got hustled by suge" ... i think you are reaching young frenchman

Snoop said he was involved in the murder, Suge knight made way more money with tupac dying since he wanted to leave. Thats my opinion, and thats why I said he got hustled.

MaskedAvenger
10-21-2009, 07:53 AM
I read a book written by the police officer on the Tupac murder case, the book is not only about Tupac's death but also about LA police corruption within Deathrow records and such. Pac's death was almost certainly orchestrated by Mr Knight. Police corruption is the reason they never wanted to solve the case because corrupt LA cops were involved.

CPH Link
10-21-2009, 11:41 AM
The poll should have sounded something like "who has the most conscious and social aware lyrics..." But there is nothing wrong with the rappers in the poll, only the fact that you could make the list ten times as long. Plus the question is too subjective (like any other best rapper list)

food for thought
10-21-2009, 11:49 AM
^agreed.

lol this shit was doomed to fail.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Mos Def, Common, Sage, KRS, Murs, Slug, Kweli, Immortal Tech, Chuck D, etc etc

^^^^^^^^THIS. And Insight.