PDA

View Full Version : who`s the most consistant m.c in the game ???

zooruka
10-21-2009, 05:50 AM
I would have to say az is the most consistant sure he won`t jack in the box like other m.c`s and is a bit plain on the m.i.c but dude never spits a wack verse or at least nothing ive heard....really you know what you are getting with az..he never disappoints.

build

peace be with you !

buckshotstheone
10-22-2009, 07:00 PM
i was just talking about this on twitter the other day. i'd have to say ghostface is the most consistent (only other person i'd say is possible is jay-z)

ghost hasn't dropped a single bad album (the one people point to as being the "worst" is bulletproof wallets and really only cause the tracklisting got fucked up) and he ain't never had a bad guest verse plus he's come correct on every wu album. since he set off bring the ruckus he has been the most consistent in the rap game

Mic Tyson
10-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Aceyalone

got like 3-4 solo classics not counting freestyle fellowship. never dropped a weak album. cant name too many cats wit a better discography than him

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-22-2009, 07:34 PM
warren g

Poetic Wun
10-22-2009, 07:34 PM
^damn

id say ghost as well. oe aesop. theres a few really.

lynskey
10-22-2009, 07:36 PM
AZ for me. Many will disagree though, especially will take to task his last few albums, but I like them as much as any others, Pieces of a Man was his only poor album .

Cormega is also very consistent.

spiggity_ace
10-22-2009, 09:22 PM
ima go with g rap and mauybe gza although his delivery has suffered

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-22-2009, 09:28 PM
if your into redman you gotta be happy the guys been exactly the same for like 50 years

ALCATRAZ
10-22-2009, 10:05 PM
lol @ some of these responses ... lol try snoop dogg, ll cool j, kool keith, mf doom .. these are consistent emcees ... not some unheard of backpack rapper that's been doin it since 92 and still goes double aluminum every time he drops LOL

Mic Tyson
10-22-2009, 10:22 PM
kool keith

not some unheard of backpack rapper that's been doin it since 92 and still goes double aluminum every time he drops LOL

lol

Slurch Yung
10-22-2009, 10:27 PM
eminem has mad a butt ton of money over the years with his stupid ass songs. but i would consider him.

MaskedAvenger
10-22-2009, 10:59 PM
L......m........f...........a............o

11th Chamber
10-22-2009, 11:03 PM
i was just talking about this on twitter the other day. i'd have to say ghostface is the most consistent (only other person i'd say is possible is jay-z)

ghost hasn't dropped a single bad album (the one people point to as being the "worst" is bulletproof wallets and really only cause the tracklisting got fucked up) and he ain't never had a bad guest verse plus he's come correct on every wu album. since he set off bring the ruckus he has been the most consistent in the rap game

True Ghost can be considered, but Jay's catalog is loaded with Average and Garbage albums

eminem has mad a butt ton of money over the years with his stupid ass songs. but i would consider him.

Em could count, but Encore kinda fucked that all up

sdeblasi
10-22-2009, 11:07 PM
speaking of consistency Cormega, AZ, Masta Ace, Ghost, and Doom immediately come to mind

but id probably say the most consistent ever is Scarface

CHRONZ
10-23-2009, 03:28 AM
Phonte/phontigga

flipmode123
10-23-2009, 05:56 AM
Busta Rhymes.

He has been doing it for 20 years - ALL albums on major labels (8 solo, working on a 9th, 3 group albums). THATS CONSISTANT.
Add the music videos, the live shows, the guest verses. Executive produver for Rampage's and Digga's album.

No matter what opinions people have about each album - as long as major labels shows interest over a longer period, you do have quality.

Who else can match that longevity?
Snoop, Nas, LL Cool J + a couple of other people?

METHODKillah36
10-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Longevity and consistency aren't the same thing.

Gotta consider Mos Def, and Sean Price has been out a while now and still brings that freshness to the game..

buckshotstheone
10-23-2009, 01:22 PM
but id probably say the most consistent ever is Scarface

truth.

buckshotstheone
10-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Busta Rhymes.

He has been doing it for 20 years - ALL albums on major labels (8 solo, working on a 9th, 3 group albums). THATS CONSISTANT.
Add the music videos, the live shows, the guest verses. Executive produver for Rampage's and Digga's album.

No matter what opinions people have about each album - as long as major labels shows interest over a longer period, you do have quality.

Who else can match that longevity?
Snoop, Nas, LL Cool J + a couple of other people?

snoop got some weak albums and nas, really? nastradamus was the poor at best, street's disciple was garbage. obviously nas got some of the best work in hip hop's history but consistent? the fuck was that bullshit ass west coast look he was trying to pull off on nastradamus, shit was a shame. he lost it for a minute, has gotten it back, but straight up lost it for a while, "ya bodyguard's oochie walley verse better than yours"

Buzk
10-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Black thought

Mic Tyson
10-23-2009, 01:34 PM
busta rhymes last few albums fuckin suck so how is he consistent. same with ll cool j

Kingkazim
10-23-2009, 03:41 PM
killah priest right now IMO
theres also scarface
ghostface
joe budden

5hundred&one
10-23-2009, 04:50 PM
if we're talkin about mic skills and not album consistency, then I'm goin with Kool G Rap.

fuck Joe Budden btw, dude's only consistent at gettin humiliated.

ALCATRAZ
10-23-2009, 08:02 PM
lol
lol u know what i mean

Drunken Monk
10-23-2009, 08:04 PM
myself

NinjaSpiT
10-24-2009, 01:49 AM
black thought,easily Ichiban in this discussion and if u dusagree youre an idiot.

others worthy are Elzhi

SL33
10-24-2009, 03:06 AM
Birdman. i respect his grind and i fucks with him

lol