PDA

View Full Version : Lil Wayne Pleads Guilty to Gun Charge

oldie
10-22-2009, 12:08 PM
http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2009/10/22/21991851.aspx

By Roman Wolfe and Ismael AbduSalaam
Rapper Lil Wayne pleaded guilty to attempted weapons possession charges today (October 22).

As reported by AllHipHop.com yesterday (October 21), the rapper is expected to receive a maximum sentence of one year in jail, although he is expected to serve around eight months in prison for the offense.

The rapper had previously pleaded not guilty to the charges, but changed the plea to avoid a trial that was due to start January 20 and could have resulted in at least 3 ½ years in prison.

The guilty plea stems from an incident in New York in 2007, after police found a .40 caliber handgun during a search of his tour bus.

Originally, lawyers for Wayne planned to contest the charges.

Yesterday (October 21), the plea was entered after Wayne’s DNA evidence was allegedly found on the weapon and deemed admissible by a judge.

The DNA evidence found was reportedly small, and Wayne’s lawyers initially sparred with the prosecution over whether the DNA profiling technique used was scientifically acceptable.

Before the trial, Lil Wayne’shttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif (http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2009/10/22/21991851.aspx#) manager had publicly taken responsibility for the gun on the rapper’s VH1 special.

Lil Wayne, 27, also faces a trial in Arizona for felony drug possession and weapons charges, after a 2008 arrest during a routine stop at a U.S. Border Patrol checkpoint.

At press time, Lil Wayne could not be reached for comment.

His much-delayed rock debut, The Rebirth, is scheduled to hit stores on December 15.

Get in!! looks like we wont be hearing from him for a little while with a bit of luck :clap:

Baitong
10-22-2009, 12:24 PM
im not a fan by far but dam thats unlucky

METHODKillah36
10-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Lock him up! Hip hop lives!

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Wayne is prison?

Lil niggas gonna be in HEAVUN.

Suga Duga
10-22-2009, 12:56 PM
he'll officially have reached GOAT status once he's out of jail. this is perfect for him.

drop rebirth before he goes in, drops carter IV when he comes out.

anti-social
10-22-2009, 01:01 PM
All you fuckin' hip hop hippies are trippin'...so if the ol' white record execs make billions offa commercial rap, they are not blamed @ all...but if a poor lil nigga ends up making millions offa rappin, ya'll wanna see him Enslaved...ya'll fucking bitches!!! Ya'll gonna make great Hip Hop Police 1 Day :cop:

Jin10304
10-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Fuck yeah, give someone else a goddamn chance in the game, tired of hearing him on every song & feature, hes been spreading himself thin past few years

J.T.S.
10-22-2009, 01:23 PM
As much as i can't stand the smurf i don't wish prison on anyone.
but he did the crime he has to do the time.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-22-2009, 01:27 PM
, hes been spreading himself

[pause].

5hundred&one
10-22-2009, 01:48 PM
^ lol, he's about to be gettin spread, nh.

Mic Tyson
10-22-2009, 03:11 PM
lol @ the faggot ass niggas bein glad that another black man is in jail. he sucks but for u to be happy he in jail makes u stupid as fuck.

claaa7
10-22-2009, 03:37 PM
lol @ the faggot ass niggas bein glad that another man is in jail.

fixed

5hundred&one
10-22-2009, 03:56 PM
lol @ the faggot ass niggas bein glad that another black man is in jail. he sucks but for u to be happy he in jail makes u stupid as fuck.

it's his own fault, he should have known better than to have a gun with him on a fuckin tour bus, knowing full well he wasn't gonna use it. how many times have you heard of rappers gettin busted on their tour bus? it's like a cop's wet dream, they'll search that shit for hours. it prolly wasn't even loaded, so why have it with you? I ain't sayin I'm glad he went to jail or nothin, but I'll be damned if I'm not gonna joke about it. I mean, it's 8 months, it ain't like he's ODB'n it or somethin.

At least now he gets to live the gangsta life that he pretends to live in his songs.

buckshotstheone
10-22-2009, 07:07 PM
you know how happy he must be to be able to go inside with all them dudes who he can get fucked by? he gonna be in heaven up in there

benzo
10-23-2009, 09:33 AM
lol dude is gonna get handled in jail or go flat broke trying not to...

11th Chamber
10-23-2009, 08:43 PM
you know how happy he must be to be able to go inside with all them dudes who he can get fucked by? he gonna be in heaven up in there

hahaha his little ass is gonna get broke off so fast

catcha Freedman
10-24-2009, 10:31 AM
The charges are bull for one. The gun wasn't even his it was his managers. and fuck all of yall bitches that are haten on wayne. Hes one of the most clever mc's in the game. Yeah his new stuff sucks and is too commercial but his mixtapes especially the dedication 2 are dirty.

5hundred&one
10-24-2009, 11:40 AM
he's still a bitch for sellin out so hard.

and I still bump D2 to this day, so don't bring that bullshit this way.