PDA

View Full Version : Begging

TheBoarzHeadBoy
10-22-2009, 10:06 PM
I spent the day in Boston, and I saw this old black man doing the most profound shit. He was begging. It took me a minute to catch on, but, he was in fact begging. Now in concept this didn't surprise me, but his methods were strange.

He would casually walk down the sidewalk in a black and red Heat tracksuit his lemur eyes, grey beard, and coal skin marking him out as a perculiar fellow. He walked with the gait of a frail man, and it was clear his years were quite advanced. However he seemed to be rather intent upon something. It was to my surprise when he approached the car next to mine that was seemingly parked along the curb up in the twisting traffic ridden routes that only cities manage. I presumed this gentlman was going to get in, or talk to someone he knew, but he rapped sharply on the window after which they lowered their window, he flashed a smile and began to do the most unlikely dances for a man of his years, said something, did a hand gesture to his mouth and the next thing I knew he was holding a bill.

I've seen people ask for money before, but never like that. The man was truly legendary.

IrOnMaN
10-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Great story. I've witnessed WORST!

JerseyIronman
10-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Boston is full of homeless dudes

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
10-22-2009, 10:22 PM
I told a bum to dance for some money once, and he did, and it was kind of funny but I kind of felt bad, but I gave him $5

IrOnMaN
10-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Boston is full of homeless dudes

I thought Boston, MA was a high class stuck up city.

5hundred&one
10-22-2009, 10:37 PM
^ it is, but there's still a lot of homeless people. any urban area is bound to be a center for fuck ups and bums. at least in certain areas.

IRONFLAGCHIEF36
10-22-2009, 11:33 PM
for reel boston got mad bums...they just chill around the T and play their instruments to make a buck

check two
10-22-2009, 11:47 PM
Bums tend to frequent the Atlantic City boardwalk also. There was a homeless lady there with no arms or legs, that would move around on some device with wheels, similar to a skateboard. She was there for several years until her passing, and was quite popular.

Prolifical ENG
10-23-2009, 03:57 PM
This homeless guy in Toronto I always see in the entertainment district in the early morning hours when people are stumbling out of the clubs. He plays the spoons very well...and fast....he was making piles of change...he must own a condo now. If fact he probably owned a condo all along.

Steve Urkel
10-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Bums in Toronto are a dime a dozen

IrOnMaN
10-23-2009, 05:06 PM
The last person I asked for money was my mother and that was back in 2005. Now, I just take out loans from the bank.

Drunken Monk
10-23-2009, 05:56 PM
homeless people is around all the world and i cant stand how is it possible

no.. i know why..

CAPITALISM

JerseyIronman
10-23-2009, 06:05 PM
I thought Boston, MA was a high class stuck up city.

it is sort of.

That also may be part of the reason, maybe homeless know they can get a buck off of wealthier liberal people? Also theres alot of tourists who go to check out Faniuel hall and stuff that they can get money off of.

CharlesJones
10-31-2009, 11:27 AM
It's so sad to see people begging for money. That goes to show you that they wasted their lives doing nothing. Some homeless people are con artists. So you have to watch out for that. I don't give homeless people money. It's sad that they're in that situation but they have themselves to blame for that. There are jobs out here and it may not be the jobs they want but working at a fast food place, Walmart, Target, janitor is better than having no money at all. What's so sad about these homeless people is that they don't wanna do what it takes to survive and what i mean by that is working. You can get a job at those places i named but you don't have to stay there. You have to get some job skills and educate yourself so you can get a good job. But what typically happens is that so many people get stuck at these low paying jobs because they're lazy when it comes to education and bettering themselves so they can make more money.

whitey
10-31-2009, 11:38 AM
this is a picture i took when i was in boston this summer.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs140.snc1/5969_551663480243_44202249_32850784_692844_n.jpg

some would call that man sleeping in the doorway homeless, possibly a hobo even. i like to think that he wanted to be first in line to ride the yachts the next day.

CharlesJones
10-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Another thing that's sad about homeless people is that they don't even know about low income housing. A lot of them could get their own place for low income housing if they went and applied for it. It would probably take a long time to get it but i'm sure since they're homeless, they would be first in line to get housing so they wouldn't have to live on the streets. Alcohol and drug abuse are other reasons why homeless people are homeless. If they could kick those habits, their lives would be a lot better. There's no way you can function properly and try to get a job when you're a alcoholic and a drug addict.

check two
10-31-2009, 12:49 PM
There are a bunch of homeless people that have mental health problems though. So that has to be taken into account also.

CharlesJones
10-31-2009, 01:30 PM
Your right but they refuse to seek medical help. So they have themselves to blame for that. There are hospitals for poor people that will help them seek psychiatric help and they won't be charged for it since they don't have medical insurance.

ALCATRAZ
10-31-2009, 01:48 PM
funny, just a week ago i was thinkin of makin a video of bums around my city reppin wu corp n doin stupid shit ... i might jump back on that

CharlesJones
10-31-2009, 01:56 PM
There's nothing funny about being homeless. You could end up homeless. You wouldn't like people laughing at you if that happened to you. These people need help and they're not getting it because they refuse to seek help when it's there. I'm surprised homeless people don't kill themselves because that's what i would do if i was in that situation. I would first seek medical help and try to get a job but if those things didn't work, then suicide would be my next option because i'll be damn if i'm gonna be sleeping in the streets when it rains and snows, not having any money, no food, can't buy clothes, can't buy shoes, no car. Fuck living like that. I'd rather die than live like that.

ALCATRAZ
10-31-2009, 02:20 PM
hufiwGlHSVI

CharlesJones
10-31-2009, 02:42 PM
I guess there's no point in talking to you because you're gonna continue to diss homeless people. Do you really think people wanna look at footage of homeless people fighting? There's even some sick bastards killing homeless people for no reason. I read in the newspaper recently some guy killed a homeless guy for no reason. A friend of mine also told me that some teenage guys in Cleveland awhile ago was beating up homeless people. Now that's really sad when teenagers gotta do stuff like that because they're bored.

ALCATRAZ
10-31-2009, 03:19 PM
Do you really think people wanna look at footage of homeless people fighting?

when did i say anything about fighting?

abanks47
10-31-2009, 03:45 PM
yo charles, you seem to be the one dissing homeless people, calling them stupid, lazy, etc. some cats cant help the situations they were given and there just riding out the best way they can. google LAs skid row, and try to talk some shit on them. i also feel a large portion of homeless in this country is a direct result of the Vietnam war, mental illness, drug abuse and ignorant americans would refuse to give a vet a job and with no where else to go, the streets would be your only home. I give a little bit of money/ food when i can spare it to the old folks, because like you said if i were in there shoes i would want someone to help me out.

Longbongcilvaringz
11-01-2009, 09:56 AM
I was, one day, walking with my brother in the city and a guy who was obviously down on his luck asked me for some change. I obliged nonchalantly, as to do otherwise would not have been the place of a gentlemen such as myself, and I proceeded about my business.

Following this encounter my brother chastised me vigorously, fervently accusing me of being weak, spineless, unintelligent and of a lower social status than the one i occupied.

However, on the return journey another man, equally down trodden and luckless as the first guy, approached my brother asking for money.

Surprising he mumbled something to the man, gave him some change and extricated himself from the situation as quickly as possible.

This is the nature of those who demean the poor.

IrOnMaN
11-01-2009, 11:30 AM
I was, one day, walking with my brother in the city and a guy who was obviously down on his luck asked me for some change. I obliged nonchalantly, as to do otherwise would not have been the place of a gentlemen such as myself, and I proceeded about my business.

Following this encounter my brother chastised me vigorously, fervently accusing me of being weak, spineless, unintelligent and of a lower social status than the one i occupied.

However, on the return journey another man, equally down trodden and luckless as the first guy, approached my brother asking for money.

Surprising he mumbled something to the man, gave him some change and extricated himself from the situation as quickly as possible.

This is the nature of those who demean the poor.

Most people who have more money than other people treat them like their beneath them. This is just natural human behavior. It's happen to me before a lot of times.

Last year, while I was walking home from school at NIGHT, I happen to walk pass a bar that's located about a mile from where I live. As I walked pass the bar, about three women started making strange funny noises at me like I was a cat or a dog. After that, one of them said, "Oh shit, girl. He homeless and shit."

I want to remind you that I live in Detroit, MI. A lot of people on campus get robbed by black men. Naturally, these women thought that since I'm black, either I'm up to no good or homeless because was carrying a book-bag.

I'd say everyday, someone looks at me like I'm less than them because I choose to walk to school. Why would I drive a mile and pay for parking that's $3:50 a day? That doesn't make much sense to me but to them, they think it's weak and stupid to NOT save money.

This is how stupid Americans are.

check two
11-01-2009, 11:35 AM
^^ Did you say something back to those broads that were making noises at you?

IrOnMaN
11-01-2009, 11:43 AM
^^ Did you say something back to those broads that were making noises at you?

Not at all. I get immature crap like that all the time. I just kept walking without making any eye contact.

Plus, I know of them because we all attend them same University. I don't socialize with any of these people. If you lived here, then you would know what I'm talking about.

11-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Last year, while I was walking home from school at NIGHT, I happen to walk pass a bar that's located about a mile from where I live. As I walked pass the bar, about three women started making strange funny noises at me like I was a cat or a dog. After that, one of them said, "Oh shit, girl. He homeless and shit."

ahahahahahahhaaha.

Were you wearing fingerless gloves and kleenex boxes for shoes and holding a squegee, crumpled newspapers, and a jar of your own urine??

You need to go buy some fresh gear and shiny jewelries, so drunk bitches at bars want to knock your junk around instead of make fun of you for being poor

11th Chamber
11-01-2009, 12:10 PM
I spent the day in Boston, and I saw this old black man doing the most profound shit. He was begging. It took me a minute to catch on, but, he was in fact begging. Now in concept this didn't surprise me, but his methods were strange.

He would casually walk down the sidewalk in a black and red Heat tracksuit his lemur eyes, grey beard, and coal skin marking him out as a perculiar fellow. He walked with the gait of a frail man, and it was clear his years were quite advanced. However he seemed to be rather intent upon something. It was to my surprise when he approached the car next to mine that was seemingly parked along the curb up in the twisting traffic ridden routes that only cities manage. I presumed this gentlman was going to get in, or talk to someone he knew, but he rapped sharply on the window after which they lowered their window, he flashed a smile and began to do the most unlikely dances for a man of his years, said something, did a hand gesture to his mouth and the next thing I knew he was holding a bill.

I've seen people ask for money before, but never like that. The man was truly legendary.

was this seriously your first time seeing a homeless person?

IrOnMaN
11-01-2009, 12:19 PM
ahahahahahahhaaha.

Were you wearing fingerless gloves and kleenex boxes for shoes and holding a squegee, crumpled newspapers, and a jar of your own urine??

You need to go buy some fresh gear and shiny jewelries, so drunk bitches at bars want to knock your junk around instead of make fun of you for being poor

You're such a dickhead, Dan. What the hell do you THINK I was wearing? Are you serious about what you just said? I was walking AT NIGHT, in case you missed that part. There are a lot of people who come to the city scared. I just happen to be mistaken for an enemy like I always am for ignorant reasons.}:|

Thanks for not understanding.

Memory Man
11-01-2009, 12:20 PM
i lived in boston when mr. butch was still around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Butch

ALCATRAZ
11-01-2009, 12:25 PM
I get immature crap like that all the time.

when you say all the time, do you mean that the same group of chicks harass you often on your way to school lolol or that you just get mistaken for a homeless man because you're black and walk lol either way this shit is laughs, but if its the former, you should get a cousin 2 fuck em up ... hood shit u kno ... and if its tha latter, cop u sum jordans nigga

XrLavrmoWsc

Uncle Steezo
11-01-2009, 12:36 PM
detroit is the blackest city in america. over 80%. ironman wtf are you talking about? you must be really sloppy looking or going to enormous lengths to find white folks to ridicule/fear you.

check two
11-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Detroit is going to be completely vacant soon.

CharlesJones
11-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Ironman, don't pay any attention to Alcatraz because he's a fucking ignorant bastard. This clown posts footage of homeless people fighting and he thinks the shit is funny. I feel what you're going through Ironman. Fuck them black bitches for dissing you.

ALCATRAZ
11-01-2009, 01:41 PM
This clown posts footage of homeless people fighting and he thinks the shit is funny.

lol ur a god damn liar i posted a video of a bum explaining why weed was better than alcohol ... it was pretty enlightening, actually

۞StarPriest۞
11-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Ironman, don't pay any attention to Alcatraz because he's a fucking ignorant bastard. This clown posts footage of homeless people fighting and he thinks the shit is funny. I feel what you're going through Ironman. Fuck them black bitches for dissing you.

Maybe watch Alcatraz's vid before deciding what it's about? Can't judge a vid by its title. Smh.

IrOnMaN
11-01-2009, 04:39 PM
when you say all the time, do you mean that the same group of chicks harass you often on your way to school lolol or that you just get mistaken for a homeless man because you're black and walk lol either way this shit is laughs, but if its the former, you should get a cousin 2 fuck em up ... hood shit u kno ... and if its tha latter, cop u sum jordans nigga

XrLavrmoWsc

Do you have trouble reading? I said I get crap like that all the time. I never once said that the same chicks give me crap all the time. Where'd you get that from, you stupid nigga (that's what you are)?

detroit is the blackest city in america. over 80%. ironman wtf are you talking about? you must be really sloppy looking or going to enormous lengths to find white folks to ridicule/fear you.

Style, just stop, please. I don't dress like you do. You know what I'm talking about. Wearing oversize t-shirts, pants, those fitted hats, air force ones, etc. I wear clothes that are my size.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/Ironman45316/PA290079-Copy.jpg?t=1257112432 (javascript:void(0);)
I'm the one on the far right, obviously.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/Ironman45316/PA280062-Copy.jpg?t=1257112920 (javascript:void(0);)
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/Ironman45316/PA050461-Copy.jpg?t=1257113436 (javascript:void(0);)
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/Ironman45316/Ira32-Copy.jpg?t=1257114157 (javascript:void(0);)
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/Ironman45316/Ira26-Copy.jpg?t=1257114876 (javascript:void(0);)
BTW Style, the chicks were black, not white. It's just that the people in Detroit are shity. This isn't Atlanta, GA.

11-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Do you have trouble reading? I said I get crap like that all the time. I never once said that the same chicks give me crap all the time. Where'd you get that from, you stupid nigga (that's what you are)?

Style, just stop, please. I don't dress like you do. You know what I'm talking about. Wearing oversize t-shirts, pants, those fitted hats, air force ones, etc. I wear clothes that are my size.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/Ironman45316/PA290079-Copy.jpg?t=1257112432 (javascript:void(0);)
I'm the one on the far right, obviously.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/Ironman45316/PA280062-Copy.jpg?t=1257112920 (javascript:void(0);)
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/Ironman45316/PA050461-Copy.jpg?t=1257113436 (javascript:void(0);)
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/Ironman45316/Ira32-Copy.jpg?t=1257114157 (javascript:void(0);)
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/Ironman45316/Ira26-Copy.jpg?t=1257114876 (javascript:void(0);)
BTW Style, the chicks were black, not white. It's just that the people in Detroit are shity. This isn't Atlanta, GA.

Oh shit, Ironman nudez.

Is there something wrong with your face, Ironman? Are you a burn victim or were you born without an upper lip or some shit?

food for thought
11-01-2009, 06:00 PM
lol ur a god damn liar i posted a video of a bum explaining why weed was better than alcohol

hahahaha

food for thought
11-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Ironman,

why did your gay ass post a picture of your chest?

food for thought
11-01-2009, 06:04 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

snapple
11-01-2009, 11:15 PM
fuck giving money to "beggers"

street performers i support but fuck bums

IrOnMaN
11-02-2009, 10:27 AM

Maybe I over think stuff. I don't know. But I don't look crappy at all. I buy my pants and shirts at Targets.

Everything you see and hear is all metamorphic.