PDA

View Full Version : is it to much to ask for rappers to rhyme words.

zooruka
10-23-2009, 12:14 AM
This is really bothering me, you got a rapper on a fly beat and he starts spitting and your waiting for the next line to connect and they say some other shit...that dont rhyme or even sound like it rhyme ....I hate that !!!!. or they rhyme a couple of words and you wait to see where they are taking the rhyme and then they throw in this whole nother word that dont connect with the last few words he rhymed and it just stuffs up the rhyme and ruins the vibe of the track.. I like when rappers finish a rhyme sequence and then switch it up smooth and shit...so you can feel the flow of the track.

I hate when rappers do that unpredicatble shit ...the track just becomes nothing but sentance after sentance with no rhymes connecting and no flow they may think it sounds dope but it sounds wack i.m.o...I can handle it somtimes on the odd occassion but it really gets on my nerves specially when the beat is fire.....

peace be with you !

ALCATRAZ
10-23-2009, 02:17 AM
there are a few rappers who can pull that off tho, prodigy for one comes 2 mind ... he is one of the first rappers i heard who deliberately did not rhyme that last word on the 2nd bar and that shit still sounded hot ... now you got cats like cam doin the same thing but failing miserably at it

zooruka
10-23-2009, 03:10 AM
there are a few rappers who can pull that off tho, prodigy for one comes 2 mind ...

intresting you said prodigy because he and raekwon are two rappers that came to mind when I was writting this topic.

but nah it still bothers me.... he sorta wrecked win or lose with that flow.

peace be with you !

DrunkenMasta303
10-23-2009, 05:38 AM
I hate when rappers do that unpredicatble shit ...

eye h8 when rappers do that predictable fit into bars type rap, instead of having a FREE rhyme structure, thats why my man tak47 is the greatest!

peacebewitchu

deeznutz1981
10-23-2009, 08:23 AM
I hate when prodigy does that. it sounds corny to me

cap
10-23-2009, 08:42 AM

co-sign

Koolish
10-23-2009, 09:31 AM
there are a few rappers who can pull that off tho, prodigy for one comes 2 mind ... he is one of the first rappers i heard who deliberately did not rhyme that last word on the 2nd bar and that shit still sounded hot ...
Take over your party, slamdance witcha hood
Took your ladies back to the projects with us

zooruka
10-24-2009, 01:31 AM
its not just prodigy although he does do it alot...but its starting to creep in to rap more and more and it doesnt sound good at all....I cant believe more people dont feel the same.

peace be with you!

diggy
10-24-2009, 02:11 AM
Prodigy does rhyme a lot in his raps. You do not recognize it as a rhyme cuz of your unfamiliarity with poetic techniques.

Read a poetry book, then come back to this thread.

ALCATRAZ
10-24-2009, 02:26 AM
word prodigy can fool you at times with his lyrics but to me he is one of the most lyrically gifted emcees of all time frealz

zooruka
10-24-2009, 03:05 AM
word prodigy can fool you at times with his lyrics but to me he is one of the most lyrically gifted emcees of all time frealz

he can spit when he rhymes properly I mean just look at shook ones pt2...but as far as lyrically gifted I would say that title goes to nas on the strength of the "message" alone.

peace

ALCATRAZ
10-24-2009, 03:34 AM
peace i wouldnt put prodigy above nas but i prefer prodigy's delivery to nas' ... it is much more direct and to the point, which is in part the reason why he doesnt always necessarily have to rhyme his raps ... i've said it before, it takes a great amount of skill to rap like you're talking ... prodigy has mastered that art form ... its been duplicated many times, but few can compare to p

zooruka
10-24-2009, 04:34 AM
peace i wouldnt put prodigy above nas but i prefer prodigy's delivery to nas' ... it is much more direct and to the point, which is in part the reason why he doesnt always necessarily have to rhyme his raps ... i've said it before, it takes a great amount of skill to rap like you're talking ... prodigy has mastered that art form ... its been duplicated many times, but few can compare to p

respect

but i.m.o the best to do it are those that rhyme properly.

peace be with you !

ALCATRAZ
10-24-2009, 04:46 AM
there is no such thing as rhyming properly in rap ... its open ended and all subjective

peace be with you !

KERZO
10-24-2009, 07:52 AM
i thought masta killa used to non-rhyme alot and spat more of a poetry flow

5hundred&one
10-24-2009, 09:40 AM
raekwon

zooruka, have you ever heard a raekwon verse all the way through? explain yourself, how does he stand out in your mind as someone who does this a lot? give me examples.

zooruka
10-24-2009, 05:28 PM
zooruka, have you ever heard a raekwon verse all the way through? explain yourself, how does he stand out in your mind as someone who does this a lot? give me examples.

just listen to him...Im not saying he doesn`t rhyme properly in his raps but he does do it.

peace be with you !

BGS
10-25-2009, 06:51 AM
lol plz close this thread for the raekwon mention alone!

Longbongcilvaringz
10-25-2009, 07:32 AM
Yeah, Rae did it a bit on OB4CL2.

It irritates me also, completely ruins an mc's delivery on most occasions.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-25-2009, 07:48 AM

Its the exact opposite of "corny". Corny is playing the role of a rapper, fitting it into generic bar patterns like slaughterhosue etc.

ALCATRAZ
10-25-2009, 02:45 PM
lol so true^

Tecknowledgist
10-25-2009, 04:17 PM
If it's subtle, I think it can be really effective, lke Prodigy for example. But sometimes it's just completely distracting and takes away from the music

Chuck D is the worst for it lol

zooruka
10-25-2009, 06:10 PM
lol plz close this thread for the raekwon mention alone!

ummm..... listen to the song intoxicated by o.d.b....reakwon does do it....alot of rappers do it now .. this shit needs to be stamped out otherwise rap will become wack.

peace be with you !

Guarded By Martyrs
10-26-2009, 09:45 AM
I watched "Black & White" the other day, and Superb & Rae were all over it
And I thought to myself their rhyme structure was so different to "The Norm"
Especially Superb, and if you think about it...
The Wu have got styles in abundance in this department, for example :
Masta Killa, Shogun, Islord, 60 Sec & O.D.B.
To name a few all bring what your speaking of.

djskillz
10-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Sadat X does that shit alot. I personally like it when dude's spit some shit you weren't expecting and still make it work.

copywrite
10-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Masta Killa is the definition of non-rhyming the right way. Cappadona is the definition of doing it the wrong way.

hide1998
10-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Kool Keith does the "non-rhyming" the best, imho. He tends to not have rhymes at the ends of his bars, but within bars these days. Sounds ill most of the time.

Shogah
10-26-2009, 04:12 PM
I like when rappers sometimes(SOMETIMES only) deliberately don't rhyme, its like fuck it i can do it but its to predictable....

That's hot, and you can just feel it in some songs...