PDA

View Full Version : Jay-Z rejected 3 DJ Premier beats for "Blueprint 3" + Preem/Eminem

claaa7
10-24-2009, 08:54 AM
it's no secret i wasn't feeling "Blueprint 3" much (despite a few fat tracks like "Empire State of Mind" and "D.O.A."), and although No ID and Kanye West is two great producers i didn't like the direction Jigga took with the album. now Preemo reveals he got 3 hardcore beats to Jay for the album that he eventually rejected, and this is not the first time either. it seems Premier is sending in beats to both Jay and Nas for every new album they make and they never leaves the studio. I think it's a shame since i know that alot of their supporters would be hyped as hell to see them collaborate after all these years. I respect that the joints may not fit the vibe or whatever, but this is like the fourth Jay-Z album where he rejected Preem, for example the "Society is Brainwashed" beat (Ill Bill) would fit 'American Gangster' much better than "Hello Brooklyn" for example.

Much has been talked about which producers should've produced on Jay-Z's latest album, The Blueprint 3 sequel. Although DJ Premier is absent in the liner notes, he did submit three beats that were left on the cutting room floor.

In the process of recording the album, according to Premier, Hov asked the legendary hip-hop producer to send a few tracks.

"I ran into him at [DJ] Cassidy's birthday party," Premier tells VIBE. "I hadn't seen him in a while and he told me to send him three tracks. But I have a habit of not getting my tracks to [artists] at the time that they need them, so by the time I got them to Jay he was really in a rush to wrap up his album."

With deadline approaching, the songs submitted simply didn't fit Jay's vision.

"It was all cool. There will be other days, and on top of that our history is made from other things we did," Premier says, referencing others cuts he produced earlier in Jay's career, including "D'Evils" and "Friend or Foe."

"I gave him some heat," he adds of the Blueprint 3 submissions. "But again it just didn't fit the mold of what he was trying to bring out with this particular project. Maybe we'll get gutter on the next one."
Preemo is also looking to squeeze in work for Eminem's upcoming Relapse 2, for which Just Blaze is already a confirmed collaborator. Since he's kicking off a DJ tour in Europe this week, however, time is once again working against him.

"[Eminem and I] spoke about doing some beats. My schedule is just dumb crazy but there's no way I want to miss an Eminem album," Premier says. "But still the first thing is to handle what's the most necessary, which is to get my artists up and running [NYGz, Blaq Poet] and close to releasing their music and then if there's a window to work with him I'll definitely do it."

The producer explains that it's just about getting face time with Marshall. "I literally cook it up right there on the spot and then that way it really sounds like we match," he says. "I tailor the track to the artist and I love Eminem as an MC so I already pretty much know what to make." -Clover Hope

Source: Vibe.com

DJ Demon
10-24-2009, 09:27 AM
http://www.theblueprint3outtakes.com/

also a bunch of good beats rejected from bp3

Baitong
10-24-2009, 09:31 AM
unlucky for premier it would have been dope to hear afew of his beats on the album i guess his beats would have been the ones which would have stood out a mile might have upset afew people

11th Chamber
10-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Coulda care less about Jay-Z anymore, Em and Preemo is like 10 years to late imo, that needs to happen

Reiko
10-24-2009, 11:40 AM

these beats sound mad nice

MaskedAvenger
10-24-2009, 11:45 AM
On the Ill Bill DVD DJ Premier says that he had the beats for Jay but he wouldnt return DJ Premier's calls so he gave them to Ill Bill.

LONDON!
10-24-2009, 11:46 AM
it's no secret i wasn't feeling "Blueprint 3" much (despite a few fat tracks like "Empire State of Mind" and "D.O.A."), and although No ID and Kanye West is two great producers i didn't like the direction Jigga took with the album. now Preemo reveals he got 3 hardcore beats to Jay for the album that he eventually rejected, and this is not the first time either. it seems Premier is sending in beats to both Jay and Nas for every new album they make and they never leaves the studio. I think it's a shame since i know that alot of their supporters would be hyped as hell to see them collaborate after all these years. I respect that the joints may not fit the vibe or whatever, but this is like the fourth Jay-Z album where he rejected Preem, for example the "Society is Brainwashed" beat (Ill Bill) would fit 'American Gangster' much better than "Hello Brooklyn" for example.

props for that article from vibe, it would be nice for em, nas, jay, krs 1, chuck d and so on and so on to work wit premo, for real like, that would be classic

cap
10-24-2009, 12:09 PM
jay and primo are two of my favourites in their fields but i dont think a collabo track would've went with the rest of BP3 (which i loved). they should definitely work together on one of his next album though!

i think guys like jay and nas should show more support to preem, who worked with them when preem was way bigger than either of them!!

cap
10-24-2009, 12:11 PM

no.2 is identical to fat joe's "damn"

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-24-2009, 12:21 PM

>>>>>>anything Preem wouldve brought to the album in 2009.

Thworldisyours
10-24-2009, 03:31 PM
You hear this after EVERY Jay and or Nas album...

I know he was definitely supposed to produce a track for The Black Album. There was an old ad for the BA which had the producer list. There was about 12 songs and there supposed to be a different producer for each. I think Dre was on that shit too and maybe Pete Rock (but I could be wrong about that) along with the usual Kanye, Blaze, Timbo, Neptunes, Swizz etc. That intial concept was scrapped and of course the Preem track never happened...

Either way, Primo is too good for BP3 IMO... Save their reunion for a better album...

Thworldisyours
10-24-2009, 03:34 PM
And all of Eminem's prior foolishness will be forgiven if he has Alchemist, Just Blaze, AND Primo on Relapse II.

Poetic Wun
10-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Coulda care less about Jay-Z anymore, Em and Preemo is like 10 years to late imo, that needs to happen
i think em has alot of talent and preem is undisputed but i dont think em has a preemo style.

maybe if em got back to his sound bombing days

Blackprint
10-24-2009, 04:16 PM
And all of Eminem's prior foolishness will be forgiven if he has Alchemist, Just Blaze, AND Primo on Relapse II.

And if he stops with that accent thing... at least for a majority of the tracks.

triPAUD
10-24-2009, 06:49 PM
And if he stops with that accent thing... at least for a majority of the tracks.

used to hate his new tone, but it didn't bother me on the album.

oldie
10-24-2009, 07:34 PM

anyone listened to this yet?

i aint even heard BP3, dont care for Jigga these days, he fell the fuck off IMO

whitey
10-24-2009, 08:29 PM
yea, all of em are pretty good.

woulda been a good album if he used them. a lot better than what it turned out to be.

NinjaSpiT
10-25-2009, 02:44 AM
Im glad that Society Is brain Washed beat didnt get used.He couldnt have done what Ill Bill done with it IMO.Id still like to hear the AG version though with Jay on it.

CharlesJones
10-31-2009, 10:20 AM
Fuck Jay-Z for rejecting Premier's beats. I don't like Jay-Z anymore anyway. If Premier's beats would've been on the album, i wouldn't have heard them because i don't wanna hear Jay's music anymore LOL. The Blueprint album is what made me stop listening to Jay. That album is so wack and so are the other albums he's done after that.

claaa7
10-31-2009, 10:42 AM
^^ lol, Jay put out a gang of wack albums but "The Blueprint" was really good, especially for the hot beats he had on there. even Timbaland supplied soulful funk with heavy drums, the only beat that was kinda so-so was the single Trackmasters joint!

CharlesJones
10-31-2009, 10:48 AM
You liked The Blueprint? Hahahahahahahahaha. LOL@you said Jay has made a gang of wack albums. Yes he has. I don't know why people are on his dick like he's such a great rapper. He's nothing special to me. He's a alright rapper but he sucks at picking good beats and he does too many corny radio songs.

angry!
10-31-2009, 11:18 AM
that society is brainwashed track was bonkers, bill doesnt get the recognition he deserves cuz that white boy is filthy on the mic!!!! talkin about william cooper, stealing science off spaceships, political withcraft, his content is movie quality, plus his delivery is just hard!!!!

you know how some niggas like to drink tequila on the beach? well jay coulda had tequila, but the nigga ordered sangria with blueprint 3!!!! i personally like the record, but its clearly his softest album yet!!! niggas could spin bp3 shopping for furniture!!!! if i was 18 id probably donate the album to the wind on the highway, but i can chill out to some lighter shit and catch a cool every now and again these days!!!!

Polocash7
10-31-2009, 12:16 PM
BP3 was made for mainstream fans who actually buy LPs.

harm77
10-31-2009, 09:34 PM
Bp3 is by far the best mainstream album of the year so far well next to Em's album anywAy which really isn't saying much.

BRONZBODY
11-01-2009, 03:45 AM
You liked The Blueprint? Hahahahahahahahaha. LOL@you said Jay has made a gang of wack albums. Yes he has. I don't know why people are on his dick like he's such a great rapper. He's nothing special to me. He's a alright rapper but he sucks at picking good beats and he does too many corny radio songs.reasonable doubt,vol1(yes u read right) and blueprint....and maybe half of the black album...the rest are garbage imo

CharlesJones
11-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Is volume 1 album you talking about called In My Lifetime? I think that's the one you're talking about. I like that album. I think Hard Knock Life was his last good album. I didn't listen to The Black Album so i can't comment on it but Change Clothes song is gay.