PDA

View Full Version : nas- the message... is best rap song ever made !!!

zooruka
10-24-2009, 10:31 PM
yo there are alot of rap songs out there but I would have to say that nas - the message.... is the best rap song ever made...the lyrics . the story telling , the flow, the word play and the vivid imagry....there is nothing that comes close to even touching this joint... shit is mature rap at its finest ....shit is g.o.a.t.

p.

ALCATRAZ
10-24-2009, 10:49 PM
word that's a good polished rap song one of nas' best no doubt but he did throw a lil dart at pac on the opening line when we all know nas ain't built like that so that's the only thing that makes the song corny -- other than that classic song off a classic album

iww > reasonable doubt

iammzac
10-24-2009, 11:13 PM
def the best rap song ever made it's not like anyone can argue against this.. honestly this song has better lyrics, a better beat and a better hook than any rap song ever made.. hip hop died when this song dropped because it could never be topped!

Art Vandelay
10-24-2009, 11:59 PM
it was written>>>illmatic

11th Chamber
10-25-2009, 12:29 AM
def the best rap song ever made it's not like anyone can argue against this..

get off the bullshit

Nas himself has better tracks

spiggity_ace
10-25-2009, 12:48 AM
to me nas' best song is either the world is yours or take it in blood and after these theirs a lot more u can argue about like one love, represent, your da man and so on

zooruka
10-25-2009, 01:16 AM
get off the bullshit

Nas himself has better tracks

yeah what ????? name one track thats better than the message.... I mean just peep the second part of the song shit is untouchable and to make it even more wild is he tells the story and then back tracks through the events of the story he just spat....know if you cant say that is g.o.a.t then I can`t help you.

peace be with you !

abanks47
10-25-2009, 01:58 AM
I gave you power, Nas is like, NY State of Mind,etc. I can name a few more I'd bump before the message. This is all opinionated but I still dont think many in hip hop top illmatic. it was written is classic but illmatic brought life

UncontrolledSubstans
10-25-2009, 04:41 AM
Nah. Think there is some better Nas songs like Take It In Blood, The Set Up, Ny State of Mind, Represent, I Gave You Power and Purple for example.

food for thought
10-25-2009, 04:45 AM
this is a Nas gem for sure.

but there are songs that put tout they are better than his shit

hom1e
10-25-2009, 07:12 AM
Yo you joking off course the message is a classic song but don't put it on the top and try to say its the best rap song ever lol... I know many songs that's better in my opinion. + I never was a Nas big fun I don't like his Mafioso stories about guns n drugs when he never was relate to... I like them as a rap songs but nothing else.

Blackprint
10-25-2009, 07:18 AM
Always loved this song.. def my favorite Nas track.

BGS
10-25-2009, 07:41 AM
its a really nice track, but there are obviously better tracks, from nas himself and from other artists

MaskedAvenger
10-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Most the track is bitter, you do know that right? And no he wasn't taking a shot at Pac in the opening line.

claaa7
10-25-2009, 10:00 AM
^^ what you mean the track is bitter??

Tracks
10-25-2009, 10:02 AM
word that's a good polished rap song one of nas' best no doubt but he did throw a lil dart at pac on the opening line when we all know nas ain't built like that so that's the only thing that makes the song corny -- other than that classic song off a classic album

iww > reasonable doubt

pac wasnt a thug either.

but thats irrelevant, we're talking about MUSIC, not street cred.

ALCATRAZ
10-25-2009, 10:35 AM
he wasn't a thug in the way you white folks define it ... he was an ambassador for his people, and rap was his medium ... that's somethin someone like u could never even begin 2 understand

thug life - the hate u give little infants fucks everyone

food for thought
10-25-2009, 11:29 AM
lmao @ Masked Avenger,
what do u mean its "bitter"?

11th Chamber
10-25-2009, 11:38 AM
yeah what ????? name one track thats better than the message.... I mean just peep the second part of the song shit is untouchable and to make it even more wild is he tells the story and then back tracks through the events of the story he just spat....know if you cant say that is g.o.a.t then I can`t help you.

peace be with you !

p7nu9UeodZ0

iammzac
10-25-2009, 12:03 PM
i was bein sarcastic

food for thought
10-25-2009, 12:06 PM
b3ms70RLDsc

JerseyIronman
10-25-2009, 12:16 PM
this is song is really good but Nas has stuff thats even better.

There are like 7 songs off of illmatic that are better than this for example

Sadat X
10-25-2009, 06:00 PM
It's a classic track...

But this is better...
YZSODfefzlE

angry!
10-25-2009, 06:05 PM
"best rap song ever made!!!!"

get out from the comic store counter you fuckin bum ass loser!!!! its one of my favortie nas songs, but you sound like a straight faggot fan boy who heard it was written for the first time and now jock it like fruit of the loom!!!!

suck a dick nigga!!!!

Heavy Ammunition
10-25-2009, 10:07 PM
_-_IFAt8ka0

God Like.

sdeblasi
10-25-2009, 11:31 PM

get out from the comic store counter you fuckin bum ass loser!!!! its one of my favortie nas songs, but you sound like a straight faggot fan boy who heard it was written for the first time and now jock it like fruit of the loom!!!!

suck a dick nigga!!!!

hahahahahahaha id rep if i could

b-dolo
10-26-2009, 01:10 AM
nas ft. az life is a bitch, best nas track, best track ever. Maybe it is just my persepecitve, but it exempflies the total struggle myself and a lot of people coming up go through. And when the horns come through at the end, its a wrap,

ALCATRAZ
10-26-2009, 01:23 AM
nas ft. az life is a bitch, best nas track, best track ever. Maybe it is just my persepecitve, but it exempflies the total struggle myself and a lot of people coming up go through. And when the horns come through at the end, its a wrap,

now look, i think that was az best verse ever and also one of nas best even tho he did get outshined, but yo ... the last 49 seconds of life's a bitch are one of the best 49 seconds in rap history god damnit ... what makes it even more ill is that its nas dad on the horn, olu dara ... man i just put that shit on right now n im driftiiinnnnnnnnnnnnn

copywrite
10-26-2009, 02:11 AM
Shook Ones Pt. II > The Message

The Message isn't even Nas' best track. The majority of the tracks on Illmatic are all better than it.

Guarded By Martyrs
10-26-2009, 10:10 AM
"The Message" is alright, but it's not even Nas' best track let alone of all time.
In terms of Nas I'd go with these...

pL4lLFoDJx4

eUwJ8WcZ6RY

Blackprint
10-26-2009, 10:15 AM

suck a dick nigga!!!!

You live up to your username... hahaha.

Checked out a bit more of your posts (which are also like this).

Good shit son.

Wu-tang Fan
10-26-2009, 10:20 AM
yo there are alot of rap songs out there but I would have to say that nas - the message.... is the best rap song ever made...the lyrics . the story telling , the flow, the word play and the vivid imagry....there is nothing that comes close to even touching this joint... shit is mature rap at its finest ....shit is g.o.a.t.

p.

Yo fam. I listened to this joint, peace. I like the nice chilled beat on this joint. He is telling a good detailed story like he does on a lot of joints. Sounds like you've just heard this shit...I know the feeling fam. When you find a gem like this is does sound like the best song, lol. But I've got too much experience of the game to know that for every good joint like this there are thousands more that I haven't heard. Hell knows you prolly have too but sometimes without saying it's the best song it's kinda difficult to express how much you appreciate a joint. Peep the other Nas joints posted they are all real good ones as well. Peace fam.

lynskey
10-26-2009, 10:30 AM
How is 'Your Favourite Nas Song' the same as 'Best Song Ever Made'

Bizarre.

Sadat X
10-26-2009, 12:22 PM
How is 'Your Favourite Nas Song' the same as 'Best Song Ever Made'

Bizarre.
Its not bizarre... Say you faovrite song of all time is "Incarcerated Scarfaces"... That would make that song your favorite song of all time and your favorite song by Raekwon... Because its your favorite song of all time...

zooruka
10-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Yo fam. I listened to this joint, peace. I like the nice chilled beat on this joint. He is telling a good detailed story like he does on a lot of joints. Sounds like you've just heard this shit...I know the feeling fam. When you find a gem like this is does sound like the best song, lol. But I've got too much experience of the game to know that for every good joint like this there are thousands more that I haven't heard. Hell knows you prolly have too but sometimes without saying it's the best song it's kinda difficult to express how much you appreciate a joint. Peep the other Nas joints posted they are all real good ones as well. Peace fam.

^^^

reps the man for being a good dude.

peace fam

peace

KLAP
10-26-2009, 10:29 PM
"The message" by NaS is def on of the best HipHop songs ever!