PDA

View Full Version : Why do people put Biggie on their top MC list?

ALCATRAZ
10-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Dude wasn't the best at anything ... wasn't the best storyteller (Nas), didn't have the most passion (Pac), definitely wasn't the most lyrically gifted (Canibus) ... I feel as though people only place Biggie on their top 5 list because he was relevant during the East Coast West Coast jumpoff ... Because he was the ambassador for the East Coast, folks feel as though they must cosign him, whereas if he wasn't part of that legendary 'beef', he would've just been another mediocre rapper from Brooklyn. Don't get me wrong, dude is definitely NICE, but not nice enough to be a top 5 emcee ....

Peace be with you !!!!!

zooruka
10-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Yeah I dont like biggie either...dude just never did it for me......same goes for biggie number 2 jay-z...

peace be with you !

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Big's performance on Ready To Die was the most powerful thing ever witnessed in rap. He fucking dominated the mic with swag and pure power like never before seen. His booming voice, his arrogance, just him.

He was Big, in every sense. No one had that mic presence, the easy flow and shit Big had. He was a fuckign god, especially to the hood, he embodied the hood and they looked up to him like no other.

everything you always say abotu Pac, being about more than rap, and his power of personality and all that shit, thats all Big too nigga. You dont get that shit anymore.

Obviously though Backpack nerds hate Big, they dont "get him". Regardless, hes one of the greatest ever, no doubt.

p18uNMfwp34
he even manned up and shared a track with the indominatable Bizzy in his prime, a feat only 2pac had previously managed to pull of with any dignity. Even though Bizzy outshone BIG, big held his own.

KLIION JENSEN
10-26-2009, 09:26 PM
stop being silly now......

(1) FUCK NAS, Nas aint done shit good since Illmatic - Biggie shits on him, like he did that bitch in that skit on Life After Death....

(2) passion manifests itself in different ways with different people, Pac only appeared to have more passion, because it manifested itself as anger & rage, whereas Biggie came accross as "cooler", i mean.....Jermaine Dupri is passionate about his music, but he's all chilled out, does that mean he has less passion than Pac ??.....you can't determine a persons level of passion based on their demeanour...

(3) Canibus...lol.....dudes kinda good, but more lyrically gifted ?? no not really, he may have a wider vocabulary, but big words dont make lyrical greatness, lyrical greatness is when you can say the simplest words & have it mean something, have it be understood without having a dictionary/thesaurus at hand......pluswhich, if Canibus was better lyrically, why is it that Biggie gets lines bitten all the time, or sampled as hooks, does Canibus really get that ??

but to honestly answer the main question.....cos he was/is fucking amazing

zooruka
10-26-2009, 09:37 PM
(3) Canibus...lol.....dudes kinda good, but more lyrically gifted ?? no not really, he may have a wider vocabulary, but big words dont make lyrical greatness, lyrical greatness is when you can say the simplest words & have it mean something, have it be understood without having a dictionary/thesaurus at hand......pluswhich, if Canibus was better lyrically, why is it that Biggie gets lines bitten all the time, or sampled as hooks, does Canibus really get that ??

but to honestly answer the main question.....cos he was/is fucking amazing

you cant say that canibus lyrically is not better than big...I mean I dont like his music but holocaust is lyrically superior with canibus to all other m.c`s....its not hate its just fact...but I do undertsand your point about what makes a good lyricist...its not always the complexity of the rhymes you slang.

peace be with you !

J-Cee
10-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Big's performance on Ready To Die was the most powerful thing ever witnessed in rap. He fucking dominated the mic with swag and pure power like never before seen. His booming voice, his arrogance, just him.

He was Big, in every sense. No one had that mic presence, the easy flow and shit Big had. He was a fuckign god, especially to the hood, he embodied the hood and they looked up to him like no other.

everything you always say abotu Pac, being about more than rap, and his power of personality and all that shit, thats all Big too nigga. You dont get that shit anymore.

Obviously though Backpack nerds hate Big, they dont "get him". Regardless, hes one of the greatest ever, no doubt.

p18uNMfwp34
he even manned up and shared a track with the indominatable Bizzy in his prime, a feat only 2pac had previously managed to pull of with any dignity. Even though Bizzy outshone BIG, big held his own.

co fucking sign

Knowledge God
10-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Listen to Ready To Die and that will answer your question. Too many people hate on Biggie cos he had commercial success, but he was an amazing emcee. He was so gifted, rhyming was easy for him. He had charisma, wit, clever rhymes, boss flow, nice schemes, great storyteller, he could rap aggressive but also spit for the ladies. His albums had variation which is why they were amazing albums. He's an all-rounder I can go on forever. Technically he is excellent regardless of anybody's personal taste,. Biggie could never be mediocre. He ticked too many boxes. You can't just judge him off Passion, Lyricism and Storytelling.

Try not to get obsessed with saying who's better than who or who deserves to be in a top ten list. Just appreciate all the great emcees. Whether it's Bis, Chino XL, R.A. the Rugged Man, Tech N9ne. Nas, GZA, k-Rino, Crooked I, Eminem, Rakim, etc. They are all amazing and all have their own strengths and some weaknesses. I'm not a fan of Jay-Z but I can still admit he has got skills, you just gotta pick out his best tracks where he showcases them.

Don't worry about what other people think, listen to everybody with a clean slate and judge them for yourself. You probably don't like Biggie cos you know every1 loves him. You tryna find faults that ain't really there. You could argue that an emcee has got better flow, or is more lyrical or a better storyteller, but overall Biggie was an amazing talent. Just keep listening and you'll realise this one day.

Prolifical ENG
10-26-2009, 09:46 PM
The way he flowed. Dont know about best flow. Not on my top 5, maybe top 20 but I wouldn't say anything if he appeared in someones top 5.

Meta4
10-26-2009, 09:51 PM
I understand how to write rhymes but damn son Big is no way a better emcee than Canibus. That's just pure dick-riding to say that. A lot of people are better than Big. Tragedy gotta be top 3 ever dude can lyrically embody the air you breathe in the ghetto. Big IS GREAT pure fact but his beef/death Overinflated his skill.

KLAP
10-26-2009, 09:56 PM
2 ppl are acting like nutz now! BIGGIE is one of the greatest he got classic bars! 2 classic albums! NAS got atleast 3 classics! NaS is the best storytella I ever heard and most real HipHop heads love NaS ...... "Illmatic" ,"Itwaswrittin" "Iam" "Stillmatic" not 2 mention all the classic tracks he got that wern't on them albums.... comeon man "nastardamas" IS A HOT ALBUM ... yeah the lead single was wack but the album is hot... don't fall victim too Jay-z's words! Whoever thinks CanIbuS never made a hot album needs 2 check "2000B.C." and "MICCLUB"!!!! This is black on black hate man.... stop this ish 4real!

narc
10-26-2009, 10:08 PM
(Nas)(Pac) (Canibus)

http://i35.tinypic.com/6jprih.jpg
you serious?

MaskedAvenger
10-26-2009, 10:11 PM
If your old enough to have been into hip hop when he came out and Ready To Die dropped then you wouldn't be asking these questions.

zooruka
10-26-2009, 10:18 PM
The way he flowed. Dont know about best flow. Not on my top 5, maybe top 20 but I wouldn't say anything if he appeared in someones top 5.

yeah pharoahe monch has the title of best flow ...just listen to the opening verses off wwIII on the sound bombing album...that is the best example of rapping I have ever heard.

peace be with you !

Sun Quan Youngest Wu
10-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Biggie being number one has to be the most ignorant shit ever. To say that he's lyrically superior in terms of wordplay, flow, and story-telling than Rakim, Nas, Pac, Eminem, Jay-Z, Big Daddy Kane, and etc is dumb as hell. GTFOutta here with that shit. He is top 10 most def, but he definitely ain't numba one. The way I see it, if you ain't got Rakim as da numba one spot then you just don't know Hip Hop

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-26-2009, 10:32 PM
^^
PUNCHLINES By SUN QUAN
"Never trip while in my clique that's why we be steady mobbin"
"You be counting on love as if it's a tennis game."
"I run this town, do I have to slow down to jog your memory?"

abanks47
10-26-2009, 10:42 PM
G0T0sQaE6-Q
last verse, thats why big is one of the greatest. this verse shows all of the qualitys that were stated he does not posses; passion, story telling, and gifted lyricist. also cant forget about juicy. I admit i feel he's a bit over rated but I dont think he had enough time to lay out a substantial library. hes classic, period

edit: i fucked up on the embed vid

spiggity_ace
10-26-2009, 10:46 PM
2 ppl are acting like nutz now! BIGGIE is one of the greatest he got classic bars! 2 classic albums! NAS got atleast 3 classics! NaS is the best storytella I ever heard and most real HipHop heads love NaS ...... "Illmatic" ,"Itwaswrittin" "Iam" "Stillmatic" not 2 mention all the classic tracks he got that wern't on them albums.... comeon man "nastardamas" IS A HOT ALBUM ... yeah the lead single was wack but the album is hot... don't fall victim too Jay-z's words! Whoever thinks CanIbuS never made a hot album needs 2 check "2000B.C." and "MICCLUB"!!!! This is black on black hate man.... stop this ish 4real!

stfu with "nas is the realest" nas is a fake ass nigga, hes stupid as fuck in interviews and wutever, i admit hes a dope rapper tho i love it was written illmatic and stllmatic but hes a dumbass and a fraud, hes been exposed already

anyways biggie is dope but im not a big fan of him still, victory remains one of my fav verses ever and whats beef is a sick song

main_man
10-26-2009, 11:29 PM
ready to die= classic album & arguably the best debut album in the history of hip hop.

his other albums while he was alive were above average too. (life after death & junior mafia). his potential wasnt even a quarter of the way explored when he got murdered over bullshit.
while hes not in my personal top 10, i am a fan & i can see why he makes so many peoples top 10 lists.

ALCATRAZ
10-26-2009, 11:31 PM
bumpin this for the real heads !!!! biggie was never that nice !!! foreal yall !!! just a fat dude with a dominant flow .... das it

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-27-2009, 01:38 AM
lIQPRyVQriY

Canibus can't make songs as interesting as this, and because he has a charisma of a scientist, where Biggie has his own, great charisma, Canibus can write about anything and it will never be as fun[ny].

Also some of the rappers, like [again] Canibus, said, that Biggie is the best rapper ever. And he uses his lines here and there, just like a million other emcees. Errbody listened to Biggie at some point or another, he's the perfect cross between a raw motherfucker emcee and a smooth mainstream rapper, there are people copying him, I thought Big Pun [who was better on the first album, and became wack afterwards] was copying him to some extent + THE MAIN POINT.....

I don't feel nobody as much as Biggie on todays hiphop scene, u name it, commercial or underground, Biggie could spit some lame lyrics and it would still sound hot, he made every song memorable as far as I'm concerned, and even tho there are groups like the Clipse that I really admire as far lyricism goes and so on, I'd really love to hear another rapper that could make you listen just by the vibe and swagger alone.

I'm pretty sure every emcee could spit the same verse, and both the UG and mainstream would def bop their heads to Biggie's.

Frank Drebin
10-27-2009, 03:24 AM
i understand the fame and the recognition but i was never a fan

ALCATRAZ
10-27-2009, 03:30 AM
^realtalk.org

Mumm Ra
10-27-2009, 03:33 AM
me either

ALCATRAZ
10-27-2009, 04:04 AM
stfu with "nas is the realest" nas is a fake ass nigga, hes stupid as fuck in interviews and wutever, i admit hes a dope rapper tho i love it was written illmatic and stllmatic but hes a dumbass and a fraud, hes been exposed already

cosign

MOQaE_quzDE

MaskedAvenger
10-27-2009, 04:18 AM
The more I visit this forum the more I realize how clueless a lot of these younger heads are about hip hop

ALCATRAZ
10-27-2009, 04:20 AM
Pac only appeared to have more passion, because it manifested itself as anger & rage, whereas Biggie came accross as "cooler"

wrong

Jermaine Dupri is passionate about his music, but he's all chilled out, does that mean he has less passion than Pac ??

lame comparison try again

.....you can't determine a persons level of passion based on their demeanour...

thats partly true, but when u talk about passion as a skill in regards to rap we are obviously talkin bout tha nigga who appears 2 have the most passion on the mic, which was pac of course

The more I visit this forum the more I realize how clueless a lot of these younger heads are about hip hop

shutup grandpa

RALPH WIGGUM
10-27-2009, 05:34 AM

Pure truth.

Baitong
10-27-2009, 06:09 AM
You dead wrong

Knowledge God
10-27-2009, 06:18 AM
Everybody's so eager to hate on Bis. Now people complaining that he ain't funny. He's a poet/MC, not a fucking comedian. He's constantly advancing Hip Hop with his rhymes and inventions, but people act like they don't want Hip Hop to evolve. They want the same shit over and over again. Can't we appreciate all the great emcees rather than act like babies getting angry about who's better than who. Bis is one of the greatest ever alongside Biggie and plenty more. We should be hating on the shitty emcees getting all the glory and support anybody doing something positive in Hip Hop.

SL33
10-27-2009, 06:22 AM
he said : ''Fuck the world, fuck my moms and my girl, My life is played out like a jheri curl''

and you acting like it ain't nothing special.

tragedykhadafi12
10-27-2009, 06:30 AM
Dude wasn't the best at anything ... wasn't the best storyteller (Nas), didn't have the most passion (Pac), definitely wasn't the most lyrically gifted (Canibus) ... I feel as though people only place Biggie on their top 5 list because he was relevant during the East Coast West Coast jumpoff ... Because he was the ambassador for the East Coast, folks feel as though they must cosign him, whereas if he wasn't part of that legendary 'beef', he would've just been another mediocre rapper from Brooklyn. Don't get me wrong, dude is definitely NICE, but not nice enough to be a top 5 emcee ....

Peace be with you !!!!!

Biggie was ILLLLLLLLL

I suggest you go listen to some of his music right now. Something about biggie that was hot.

BTTR KNG KOOL
10-27-2009, 06:47 AM

p18uNMfwp34

cosign

claaa7
10-27-2009, 06:57 AM
wow Biggie was geat, his flow was impeccable and he had more charisma than your favorite rappers rapper (him and 'Pac) + he had mad humor too and was never afraid to say what's on his mind - "You looked so good, i'd suck on your daddy's dick" ahahahah that's one of the sickest shits ever.

ALCATRAZ
10-27-2009, 06:59 AM
"You looked so good, i'd suck on your daddy's dick" ahahahah that's one of the sickest shits ever.

peace but yo thats a richard pryor line no homo

claaa7
10-27-2009, 07:03 AM
^^ oh really, didn't know that actually.. but he got mad nice lines too, like the one SL33 posted from "Ready to Die" or just take his diss-tracks like "Kick in the Door", instead of wasting 4 minutes of dissing one of the guys he took on Nas, Rae and Ghost and Jeru The Damaja (over a beat by Preemo nontheless; "I'm suprised you run with them; I think they got cum in them" lol)

KLIION JENSEN
10-27-2009, 07:39 AM
wrong

lame comparison try again

thats partly true, but when u talk about passion as a skill in regards to rap we are obviously talkin bout tha nigga who appears 2 have the most passion on the mic, which was pac of course

(1) explain why its wrong, Pac came across as rowdy & angry blackman, Biggie came across as chilled out, cool, so please, explain why i'm wrong....

(2) its not the comparison thats lame, its Jermaine Dupri thats lame, the comparison is spot on, so switch it to J Dilla & Slum Village, they're passionate about what they do, and they're way chilled out, do they have less passion about their music..

(3) why did u even "partly" agree if you're gonna say its wrong ?? how the fuck is passion a "skill" ?? its an emotion, that does not require any practice, its something thats just there or its not, and like i said before, it manifests itself differently for different people...

snapple
10-27-2009, 07:47 AM
another mediocre rapper from brooklyn?

wow thats crazy....

RIP Biggie....

a true legend with a lot of classic hits.

this is a shock blog huh?

P-Noid Brown
10-27-2009, 07:51 AM
For the simple fact and number 1 answer....

The shit he was talking about then... Is relevant now......

That's why biggie's music was timeless it can fit into any era of hip-hop.

MaskedAvenger
10-27-2009, 08:01 AM
dude don't know shit, Biggie blew up before the whole west coast/east coast beef went big. whats he on about? Anybody who can't understand why Biggie is dope don't know shit, the dude could rhyme his off ass, plus he could rhyme about anything, Ready To Die had street tracks, tracls for the ladies, tracks for the clubs, storytelling, lyrical gems with Primo and he could still keep the whole album cohesive.

claaa7
10-27-2009, 08:13 AM
ALSO one of the main things about Biggie; he was, in mine and many others opinion, the first to really pull off the balance act. no-one at that time had tracks like "Somebody's Gotta Die" on the same album as "Fuckin' You Tonight" with R.Kelly and pulled it off. these days most rappers try to do the same thing by balancing hardcore with soft ladies shit but most of them fail miserably while Biggie had the extreme swag to pull it off excellent without watering down his brand.

claaa7
10-27-2009, 08:15 AM
the dude could rhyme his off ass, plus he could rhyme about anything, Ready To Die had street tracks, tracls for the ladies, tracks for the clubs, storytelling, lyrical gems with Primo and he could still keep the whole album cohesive.

ALSO one of the main things about Biggie; he was, in mine and many others opinion, the first to really pull off the balance act. no-one at that time had tracks like "Somebody's Gotta Die" on the same album as "Fuckin' You Tonight" with R.Kelly and pulled it off. these days most rappers try to do the same thing by balancing hardcore with soft ladies shit but most of them fail miserably while Biggie had the extreme swag to pull it off excellent without watering down his brand.

you beat me to it

Guarded By Martyrs
10-27-2009, 11:05 AM
I feel the same way as you ALCATRAZ.
I've always wondered why he's held in such high regard.
I just think he's average, and nothing more.
I would rather listen to pretty much anyone before I listen to Biggie.
Just don't feel his style, and when I compare him to heads like :
Kool G Rap, Killah Priest, Tragedy Khadafi, DMX, Eminem, Jay-Z
It becomes clear he's very average to me.

I guess he's a great template, mould or prototype to what a rapper is or should be.
I can get that and respect that, why else would so many praise him ?
But still, to me he's just dull and boring.

It's hard because apart from "Victory" I don't feel his material at all
But he just blacks out on there, so I was real dissapointed
After hearing the rest of what he had to offer after hearing that.

As previously touched upon, his beef with Tupac has a role to play
But it also shows to me at least just how inferior he was to him
And I don't even go deep about Tupac, but I understand why he's up there
With Biggie, I don't.

And mainstream sheep don't get Canibus or Warcloud
Yet they are also two of the greatest ever, no doubt.
It works both ways.

J.T.S.
10-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Biggie was nasty "Fuck the state pen fuck hoes in pen state"

"Get in that ass think fast like Ramadan "

"Shoot your daughter in the calf muscle fuck a tussle"

This dude to me isn't the best but no doubt he had crazy skills and mic presence..

But sorry to say Big L owns everyone!

MaskedAvenger
10-27-2009, 11:13 AM
This thread is becoming hilarious

KLAP
10-27-2009, 11:17 AM
When Biggie was around doin his thing 92-97 he had the respect of the underground, Backpackers, street dudes, and mainstream.... BIG was just that ILL!

KillahBee09
10-27-2009, 02:08 PM
B.I.G might not be the best at one thing but he does everything welll
one of the few mc's that i can think of that could make a club banger (big pappa) then switch it onto some crazy hardcore shit (gimme the loot)

he had crazy breath control aswell

id say he's a top 10/maybe top 5 mc

pneumatic
10-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Gimmie the Loot > Victory (Not saying that he doesn't black out on it)

claaa7
10-27-2009, 02:54 PM
^^ word on that, "Long Kiss Goodnight", "Unbelivable" and "Kick in the Door" is other verses i'd take over "Victory" (which is of course a great, great track and verse).

Shogah
10-27-2009, 03:48 PM
"there's gonna be a lot of slow singing and flowers bringing if my burgular alarm starts ringing"

>>>this thread

ALCATRAZ
10-27-2009, 07:03 PM
^damn that line was so deep and lyrical, jesus christ big really is the king of rap LOL jk

ALCATRAZ
10-27-2009, 07:21 PM
(1) explain why its wrong, Pac came across as rowdy & angry blackman, Biggie came across as chilled out, cool, so please, explain why i'm wrong....

all im saying is that biggie was not rapping that big time player shit until pac came along ... biggie was a broke ass negro at the time, pac was the one with the money, livin "that" lifestyle ... and i also can't help it that white people see 2pac as an "angry black man" ... all i can say is that most blacks view him in an entirely different light than most whites ...

(2) its not the comparison thats lame, its Jermaine Dupri thats lame, the comparison is spot on, so switch it to J Dilla & Slum Village, they're passionate about what they do, and they're way chilled out, do they have less passion about their music..

you know what i mean when i say "passion" on the mic ... maybe its the wrong choice of words, but you know what i mean, don't play stupid ... obviously one cannot tell simply from the voice who has more passion then another, but when a nigga says "yo that nigga got hella passion on the mic" are u seriously gonna sit there with ur thumb up ur ass preaching "its impossible to gauge passion on the mic" come on now ... ur european is showing

(3) why did u even "partly" agree if you're gonna say its wrong ?? how the fuck is passion a "skill" ?? its an emotion, that does not require any practice, its something thats just there or its not, and like i said before, it manifests itself differently for different people...

i agree with what youre saying, but niggaz do equate aggression with passion i'm not saying its right im just saying thats how its viewed

-IrOnBuLL-
10-28-2009, 09:30 AM
biggie waz one of the greatz
but i choose CRAIG MACK over him anyday lol

Shogah
10-28-2009, 09:56 AM
^damn that line was so deep and lyrical, jesus christ big really is the king of rap LOL jk

it aint deep nor lyrical, its just what it is.

Its dope.

KLIION JENSEN
10-28-2009, 12:01 PM
ima respond 2 this later im just bumpin it so i dont forget

by all means do, i'll be waiting...

Sun Quan Youngest Wu
11-07-2009, 09:29 PM
I still didn't see anyone say that they'd put Biggie as number one, but that he was a legend and he had impeccable style and shit.

battle?
11-07-2009, 09:44 PM
QIO0nbDEKAQ

ALCATRAZ
11-07-2009, 10:37 PM
^^i always found it quite humorous that jay z was quoted saying he is better than biggie smalls, yet has also been quoted saying never in his lifetime will he be a greater emcee than makaveli ... i find that quite humorous lol

battle?
11-07-2009, 10:53 PM
^^i always found it quite humorous that jay z was quoted saying he is better than biggie smalls, yet has also been quoted saying never in his lifetime will he be a greater emcee than makaveli ... i find that quite humorous lol

that's why i always liked this vid

QbQUGqYAdpg

angry!
11-07-2009, 11:14 PM
biggie gets that simply because hes dead!!!!!

im being real, i love what homie did, but his body of work isnt big enough to get a title like that!!!!

i dont even rank emcees like that, but consistency is somethin i look for in emcees, and his career got cut short!!!

if he was still here maybe he woulda elevated his game and kept pace, or maybe he sells his soul and does a feature with danity kane!!! we dont know!!!!

his skillset was crazy though, charismatic, seamless flow and delivery, iconic voice etc.

ready to die - that was a human album!!! he shared his pain and it was real!!! life after death became more of the mafiaso shit that was poppin off, and he killed that too, but i always liked scrub biggie more than gucci big!!!!

im more disgusted with puff repackaging old biggie verses multiple times and releasing movies to capitalize off his "best friend"!!!!

ALCATRAZ
11-07-2009, 11:33 PM
the one thing biggie and pac got in common is that both their mothers are money hungry pigs ... afeni a panther tho so she gets a pass

ALCATRAZ
11-08-2009, 12:18 AM
that's why i always liked this vid

and thats why i like this video

wshhB3S861XM2RsXYOyU

Longbongcilvaringz
11-08-2009, 02:58 AM

Peace be with you !!!!!

Probably the first time i've agreed with you.

Which probably means one of us fucked up.

Either way, i just don't get into Ready To Die that much.

As a album it's up and down to me, Biggie is at his peak on it, but i still wouldn't put him in a top 5 off the back of that performance.

Longbongcilvaringz
11-08-2009, 03:01 AM
Just reading other people responses, i'll add, that maybe he would have been top 5 if he had a wider catalog.

He had the potential, but i don't see how on the back of the material he did produce, you could put him alongside other greats who produced multiple excellent albums.

Some people might think Percee P is the greatest MC ever, but when it comes down to it, he has one album. Putting him in a top 5 is ludicrous.

And a lot of people like to compare Big L and Biggie, but i don't think that's really fair.

Big L can be hailed as one of the best because he showed no signs of downturn.

Biggie, regardless of what people here want to say, was producing worse material towards the end of his career.

Obviously, you can't speculate on what would have happened, but Big L made an unrelenting, completely consistent and classic album. Ready To Die doesn't touch it for me.

Suga Duga
11-08-2009, 03:06 AM
illest combination of voice & flow hip hop has ever seen. top 3 doa.

Longbongcilvaringz
11-08-2009, 03:14 AM

Why do people say this.

Now personally, i don't give a shit if a rapper is telling the truth or not. If they are, it probably renders their material more believable and credible.

But in this regard, Biggie and Nas are the same, neither did half of the shit they talk about.

ALCATRAZ
11-08-2009, 03:21 AM
Why do people say this.

because its the truth ...

it aint hard 2 tell that nas doesnt live his raps ... that is not to say he shouldnt be allowed to express himself artistically, i dont think anyone has a problem with making up stories that arent true, this is hip hop so its allowed ... im jus sayin people like 2 think of nas as a rugged street dude when in reality he is just a nigga who can rap ... he never lived "that" lifestyle ...

Longbongcilvaringz
11-08-2009, 03:23 AM
Yeah, i know, i said that.

I'm just saying, Biggie was the same.

So are thousands of other MC's.

It's no big deal.

ALCATRAZ
11-08-2009, 03:35 AM
ur right it isnt a big deal ... all im sayin is that niggaz like 2 make it a point of reference to call out those who aint livin that ghetto star lifestyle ... im not justifyin it or whatever, its jus a part of hood culture 2 b like "ahhh that nigga aint hood" ... remember when jeezy got all that heat for askin "does nas bust his gun??" same thing ... its no big deal, but its just what niggaz do

Frank Sobotka
11-08-2009, 05:46 AM
Obviously because of the beef, allot of those people don't really know biggie's disco anyway. They just say he's good because they know they name and how he's so great.

Ready to die is my shit tho.
Life after death is something that probally would still sell in today's industry.

Suga Duga
11-09-2009, 03:14 AM
pat, do you think rappers are great rappers b/c they use words you have to look up in the dictionary?

Longbongcilvaringz
11-09-2009, 03:35 AM
I don't have to look up words in the dictionary.

But no.

I like Canibus but i hate Warcloud... a rappers vocabulary doesn't mean shit unless they can do something with it.

I like Biggie.

I just wouldn't put him in a top 10 probably.

He doesn't have enough material that i consider great personally to put him up there.

It has nothing to do with his vocabulary.

angry!
11-09-2009, 12:03 PM
nas is like the drunk poet, that ppl cant stand in day to day life, but theyll still check for his art because its next level and niggas cant deny it!!!!

hes a bird tho!!!!

doesnt fuck with primo, pete rock, mega, az, lake, quan, havoc, god knows why!!!!!

could get heat from any producer on earth and he opts to work with salaam rami and various no name bum niggas!!!!

he signed to the nigga that fucked his baby moms and put it on a record!!!

wifed up an industry slut!!!! tatooed the bitch on his arm!!!! recorded a verse on a pac song even though pac didnt like son!!!!

hes one of the greatest emcees of all time, but outside the booth hes a chump!!! theres no denying it!!!!

ALCATRAZ
11-09-2009, 12:50 PM
honestly, he could've picked up where 2pac left off ... he could've played the role of 'hip hop messiah' ... but the nigga was too high and too shy to do anything outside of scribble in his notebook.... chump faggit

RALPH WIGGUM
11-09-2009, 12:53 PM
t0qoSVxQKms

claaa7
11-09-2009, 01:54 PM
t0qoSVxQKms

>>>>>>>> "Hit 'Em Up"

ALCATRAZ
11-09-2009, 03:13 PM
ahahahahahahaha nice one claaa7 ... maybe next time he can actually stand up and say pac's name instead of hiding behind puffy's coat tail

ALCATRAZ
11-09-2009, 03:17 PM
9LjEXtrser8

look at this happy go lucky ass nigga .... has the balls to get on camera and run his mouthpiece, but doesn't even have the backbone to say a nigga name ... smh

angry!
11-09-2009, 03:50 PM
ima a fan of both, but pac was riding on big and he didnt want it!!!

mobb deep got at pac harder than big, without question!!!!

ALCATRAZ
11-09-2009, 05:02 PM
queens rappers were the only ones to go hard towards the west coast ... brooklyn niggaz swear up and down they were bout it but in reality they were silent for that whole period !!! queens > brooklyn

Hollow Dartz
11-09-2009, 06:27 PM
To the thread starter.... Canibus????? LMAO for real though???? Canibus???? LOL Niggaz need to stop mentioning his name period, he only has about one hot song which is a diss track by the way...

angry!
11-09-2009, 07:16 PM
name dropping bis at the top is ridiculous, but its equally ridiculous to say the nigga had one hot song!!!!

youre too young to remember the initial buzz and potential bis had when he was outshining the games elite on guest features prior to his debut album which was ass cheeks!!!!! just shut your mouth nigga, every post i see from you is typically some hollow ass hater shit!!!!

when a nigga thinks his shit doesnt stink, it usually stinks more than anyone elses!!!

Hollow Dartz
11-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Nigga, I've heard enough canibus shit, I'm friends with Canibus fans, the nigga isn't all that hot anymore... u eat a dick

angry!
11-09-2009, 08:41 PM
"im friends with canibus fans" hahaha you want a animal cracker for it!?!?!

a nigga is special ed status with comments like that!!!! whos talking about now? i said his initial run, when he was hot, when you were clingin to your ma dukes thigh in the candy store!!!!

i dont mind a hater, but a hater should be informed, and you dont know what the fuck you talkin bout son!!!!

go customize another sig and eat an ass you bird chested bitch nigga!!!!

Hollow Dartz
11-09-2009, 09:32 PM
LOL Bird Chested???? Nigga I would slap the shit out ya bitch ass If I were to run into u in the street, and I don't customize sigs either, and I heard Canibus old shit too WTF u think a Canibus fan is just gonna have all his new shit???? YOU must be special ed for that comment, u want a cracker for being on my dick and getting your info wrong too????? Corn ass nigga

angry!
11-09-2009, 10:15 PM
youre running in circles bird brain!!!! and you aint hurting nothing cup cake!!!!!

lil foul mouthed bitch nigga, your weak ass pops musta had trouble raising his 40, let alone his fruit stick son!!!!

if we met on the street there aint no slapping, id punch you in the head and give your wig piece a skylight!!!! just cut your losses and shut the fuck up!!!! you working with limited brain power and originality go charge your batteries and suck on a bottle you baby relic ass nigga!!!!!

RAW-TASTE
11-09-2009, 10:25 PM
his full package of brilliant flow and undeniable presence/swag on the mic made him what it is...one of the G.O.A.T.s

ready to die alone will murder other rappers' entire decent discographys

Apocalypse
11-09-2009, 11:47 PM

p18uNMfwp34

co sign.

Hollow Dartz
11-10-2009, 12:02 AM
youre running in circles bird brain!!!! and you aint hurting nothing cup cake!!!!!

lil foul mouthed bitch nigga, your weak ass pops musta had trouble raising his 40, let alone his fruit stick son!!!!

if we met on the street there aint no slapping, id punch you in the head and give your wig piece a skylight!!!! just cut your losses and shut the fuck up!!!! you working with limited brain power and originality go charge your batteries and suck on a bottle you baby relic ass nigga!!!!!
LOL whatever fam, you talk like that over the internet, you don't live that life, stop actin like u do LOL your embarrassing yourself fam. I'm gonna be the bigger man and stop arguing with you corn ass nigga, get some pussy before you talk to me, you don't wanna end up like 92% of the forum..peace

claaa7
11-10-2009, 05:09 AM
ahahahahahahaha nice one claaa7 ... maybe next time he can actually stand up and say pac's name instead of hiding behind puffy's coat tail

yeah he realized he didn't even need to say Pac's name on the joint to get through his mind and make him feel uncomfortable.. Who Shot Ya??

thru about QB though, definitely the hardest hood out NY.. "LA, LA" was some hardcore shit - i remember on the Tragedy documentary, they tried to get Fat Joe on that shit and he didn't got the balls, Puffy was supposed to have it on one of his mix-CD's but pussyed out. lol

Longbongcilvaringz
11-10-2009, 08:03 AM
"im friends with canibus fans" hahaha you want a animal cracker for it!?!?!

a nigga is special ed status with comments like that!!!! whos talking about now? i said his initial run, when he was hot, when you were clingin to your ma dukes thigh in the candy store!!!!

i dont mind a hater, but a hater should be informed, and you dont know what the fuck you talkin bout son!!!!

go customize another sig and eat an ass you bird chested bitch nigga!!!!

hahaha

angry!
11-10-2009, 11:43 AM
LOL whatever fam, you talk like that over the internet, you don't live that life, stop actin like u do LOL your embarrassing yourself fam. I'm gonna be the bigger man and stop arguing with you corn ass nigga, get some pussy before you talk to me, you don't wanna end up like 92% of the forum..peace

i feel sorry for this nigga!!! he doesnt realize his logic can be used to counter everything hes said in the arguement!!!!!

he was the one initiating the internet tough talk with the slap bullshit, and now this hes the bigger man!!!! i would suplex you off a roof top and eat soup outta your fractured skull!!!!

and i would talk this way to you online, on the phone, in a letter, and in person you bitch ass self hating homo!!!! i got kids to worry about nigga, go worry about fetching your own pussy you candy yam noodle knees faggot!!!!

Afficial_Nastee
11-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Because Biggie made a track called Suicidal Thoughts, any rapper who does an effort like that get's my respect....

Apocalypse
11-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Because Biggie made a track called Suicidal Thoughts, any rapper who does an effort like that get's my respect....

co sign.

snapple
11-11-2009, 05:55 PM
yeah he realized he didn't even need to say Pac's name on the joint to get through his mind and make him feel uncomfortable.. Who Shot Ya??

thru about QB though, definitely the hardest hood out NY.. "LA, LA" was some hardcore shit - i remember on the Tragedy documentary, they tried to get Fat Joe on that shit and he didn't got the balls, Puffy was supposed to have it on one of his mix-CD's but pussyed out. lol

why is QB the "hardest hood out ny"

ALCATRAZ
11-11-2009, 08:16 PM
^^because when the east coast west coast beef jumped off, there was only one region who fought back ... and it sure as hell wasn't brooklyn

ALCATRAZ
11-11-2009, 08:20 PM

uncomfortable? are you serious? was it not biggie on the tv screen crying about "i wake up paranoid man ... i think somebody tryna kill me"

i challenge you to find a quote from 2pac in an interview when he says anything even remotely close to that ...

tha funny part is ... EVERYONE knew those disses were aimed at pac ... so why doesnt he just say his name?

claaa7
11-12-2009, 09:48 AM
^^ well, "Long Kiss Goodnight" was released AFTER Pac's death.. according to Lil' Cease Big had some real nasty shit at Pac on there (where he said his name) but they took it after he died out of respect. i think the same was the case with Mobb Deep's "Drop A Gem On Em".. even Nas dissed 2Pac by name, i got that joint somewhere.

TGambino
11-12-2009, 09:49 AM
cuz they like him?

Longbongcilvaringz
11-12-2009, 12:48 PM
!!!!!!!!

ALCATRAZ
11-12-2009, 04:58 PM
^^ well, "Long Kiss Goodnight" was released AFTER Pac's death.. according to Lil' Cease Big had some real nasty shit at Pac on there (where he said his name) but they took it after he died out of respect. i think the same was the case with Mobb Deep's "Drop A Gem On Em".. even Nas dissed 2Pac by name, i got that joint somewhere.
I don't doubt that Biggie may have included Pac in his rhymes and scrapped it at the last minute out of respect for the dead, but while 2pac was ALIVE ... there were only a select few to diss the man by name ... NaS of course was one of them (Curse of Clue freestyle) and I believe DMX also dissed him by name, have to double check on that

SL33
11-12-2009, 05:04 PM
http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2f0j00oBvEJwnKpzkqM/LED-Radio-Clock-VST-735-.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/Digital-clock-radio-basic.jpg

weak

tekunique
11-12-2009, 05:38 PM
cuz biggie was evolving tremendously as an mc. once he calmed his flow down he was incredible. the growth from his debut to his sophomore lp was undeniable. its just sad to see such a dope mc not even at his peak disappear like that.

Twiztid-Wutang
11-12-2009, 06:13 PM
the more i visit this forum the more i realize how clueless a lot of these younger heads are about hip hop

agreed

ALCATRAZ
11-12-2009, 10:19 PM
agreed
thanks for contributing to my platinum thread :)

killafifth
11-13-2009, 11:43 PM
When I die fuck it I wanna go to hell cause I'm a piece of shit it ain't hard to fucken tell it don't make sense going to heaven with the goodie goodies dressed in white I wear black timbs and black hoodies lougen withe angels lougen in paradise fuck that shit I wanna tote gunz and shoot dice god will prolly have on some real bitch shit no sleeping all day no getten my dicked licked .... he's in my top 5. But the question should be asked in this day and age can you even pull out a top 3 hahahah 95 percent. Of these dudes is wack. Aeyo !! Sword to the neck of the niggas that say there top 3 iz gucci. Juice. Bootsy hahahahahahhahahah. Wack niggas none of these whores could ever hold. Biggies mic !!!

killafifth
11-13-2009, 11:55 PM

Yo 50 geez worth of gun clappen hahahah they. Asked pac what you wanna get bucked again back in the house once again live the life that are diamonds and gunz and numerouse ways that we choose to earn funds. Dropp a gem on em hahahaha yo pac was wack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nigga !!!!! All pac did was whine about life or make mother fuckahs more depressed than what they were and I hate!!! California love dr dre was wack for that bullshit !!! Hahahahaha pac beats were some suped up r and b beats lol hhis music to me was depressing bu I do give him credit for tryen kick knowledge but other than that his music sucked. To me drop agem on em classic my dude and then they come out with the video for survival of the fittest and whoze in the video fucken puff daddy was that subliminal or what (hypnotiuc thug life get that ass paralised ))))) hahaha

ALCATRAZ
11-14-2009, 12:33 AM
even mobb deep's fans ain't ridin with him .... during the east west jumpoff mobb deep would get booed out of their OWN shows .... ON THE EAST COAST ... these are people who paid tickets to see mobb deep !!!! and this was at the peak of mobb's career LOLOLOL .... "dont one of u nia's got sickle cell or somethin" !!!! ahahahahah jay z and pac both raped mobb deep in half a bar ahahahahaha 2pac wins again

ALCATRAZ
11-14-2009, 12:36 AM
To me drop agem on em classic my dude and then they come out with the video for survival of the fittest and whoze in the video fucken puff daddy was that subliminal or what (hypnotiuc thug life get that ass paralised ))))) hahaha

lol what's really funny is that throughout the 90's puffy was being extorted by the black mafia in new york ... who do you think put the money up for bad boy? puffy? coming from uptown as an intern? ahahahahahaha i bet i'm half your age and still capable of doing the math and here it is in 09 and folks still got the game twisted ... go kick rocks son, u aint on my level, and pac >>> any rapper to ever live u better believe it!!!!!!!!

killafifth
11-14-2009, 12:41 AM
even mobb deep's fans ain't ridin with him .... during the east west jumpoff mobb deep would get booed out of their OWN shows .... ON THE EAST COAST ... these are people who paid tickets to see mobb deep !!!! and this was at the peak of mobb's career LOLOLOL .... "dont one of u nia's got sickle cell or somethin" !!!! ahahahahah jay z and pac both raped mobb deep in half a bar ahahahahaha 2pac wins again

Hahaahah can't. Rely on that cause I'm a fan and I'm like fuck pac ahahha but its just my opinion feel me but lyricaly pac wasn't nice he got the job done pac was a dude with heart he was very emotional senstive at best nas is nice !! I only fuck with nice niggas like for example raekwon is nice but lil wayne gets the job done hahahhahaha

killafifth
11-14-2009, 12:52 AM
lol what's really funny is that throughout the 90's puffy was being extorted by the black mafia in new york ... who do you think put the money up for bad boy? puffy? coming from uptown as an intern? ahahahahahaha i bet i'm half your age and still capable of doing the math and here it is in 09 and folks still got the game twisted ... go kick rocks son, u aint on my level, and pac >>> any rapper to ever live u better believe it!!!!!!!!

Puffies mom ran a. Whore house his pops was a known thug slash dealer they put puffy into a system of higher learning. He was an intern at uptown records under ander puffy and herell had a beef and was fired or left rumore has it that it was a lovers quarrel but as far as bad boy and the money. They let puffy finally get the rights to the company after he forfiled his obligation but all that to say what does that shit have to do with pac being better than biggie grass hopper listen I mention puffy being in the video because mobb and diddy formed an alliance instantly and drop a gem onem sounded like mobb. Did the hit for puffy with a 22 analyze the song and then peep the movement. Once again puffy and that mobb shit don't matter because a lot of label if not almost all are funded by drug money or undergound crime orginization yougen hahahahah

ALCATRAZ
11-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Hahaahah can't. Rely on that cause I'm a fan and I'm like fuck pac ahahha but its just my opinion feel me but lyricaly pac wasn't nice he got the job done pac was a dude with heart he was very emotional senstive at best nas is nice !! I only fuck with nice niggas like for example raekwon is nice but lil wayne gets the job done hahahhahaha

nas is good at writing fairy tales and what not but that dont pump me up !!! nobody in the trap bumpin street dreams ahahahahah if u wana feel the fire u gotta throw on troublesome 96 or HIT EM UP (best diss ever) OR any of pac's countless gems .... i know record sales dont equate to talent but there is a reason that pac released TWO ALBUMS IN THE SAME YEAR and both went MULTI PLATINUM (all eyez on me 9x platinum -- should be diamond by the next decade, and 7 day theory which has sold upwards of 28 million worldwide) ...

and btw, no rap album in HISTORY has sold more than don killuminati, an album that was completed in seven days .... to me that is so much more than simply "gettin the job done"

its all love tho

ALCATRAZ
11-14-2009, 01:03 AM
Puffies mom ran a. Whore house his pops was a known thug slash dealer they put puffy into a system of higher learning. He was an intern at uptown records under ander puffy and herell had a beef and was fired or left rumore has it that it was a lovers quarrel but as far as bad boy and the money. They let puffy finally get the rights to the company after he forfiled his obligation but all that to say what does that shit have to do with pac being better than biggie grass hopper listen I mention puffy being in the video because mobb and diddy formed an alliance instantly and drop a gem onem sounded like mobb. Did the hit for puffy with a 22 analyze the song and then peep the movement. Once again puffy and that mobb shit don't matter because a lot of label if not almost all are funded by drug money or undergound crime orginization yougen hahahahah

right right, most rap record companies are in fact funded by drug money, but u are missin the point ... the reason the beef popped off IN THE FIRST PLACE was because when pac was in new york filmin above the rim he got put on to the black mafia, those are the ones who matured him, they also had ties to the feds and people in high places, this is where the black mafia comes in ... they wanted pac to roll with bad boy to make them more money so trust when i say I can definitely peep tha movement, i know what those dudes were tryna do ... but pac was his own man, thats why he gets the respect ... not only did he turn down an offer from the mob which basically means u signin ur life over (95 quad shooting ring a bell) but on top of THAT he laced his songs with jewels to let his listeners know who the culprits were and that he was ready for whatever came "u said dont go to war until i got my money up, well now my money up and i want war" who u think that was aimed at? biggie? ahahahahahah it goes so much deeper than tha music grandpa

MaskedAvenger
11-14-2009, 01:42 AM
I don't believe Biggie dissed Pac on LKG and then changed the lyrics because I've heard Biggie freestlyle those verses many times even prior to Pac's death and it was always the same.

ALCATRAZ
11-14-2009, 02:55 AM
^^makes sense

tekunique
11-14-2009, 03:05 AM
stop buggin, its fucking obvious LKG was goin at Pac.

ALCATRAZ
11-14-2009, 03:37 AM
^peace someone earlier said there is an alternate version of long kiss where big actually name drops pac, thats what he was referrin 2

tekunique
11-14-2009, 03:44 AM
it was written when pac was alive and the earlier versions could def have been more literal. all in all, the version on the album is the best anyway. there are blatant lines in the verses to tell you its a pac diss anyway ; 'i aint mad at you, we aint mad at you' 'heard thru the grapevines you got fucked 4 times damn that 3 - 9 fuck you up foreal tho'

at the end of the day, a fucking RZA beat..lol

ALCATRAZ
11-14-2009, 03:49 AM
the way i feel ... until biggie say pacs name it will always be considered a subliminal ... obviously it was aimed at pac, but it just seems hilarious that the entire country knew what time it was yet biggie couldn't even bring himself to say the man's name ... no one can tell me there wasn't some fear behind that ...

but yeah, the rza lol