PDA

View Full Version : Fashawn- Boy Meets World !

Shaolin Bloody Sword
10-29-2009, 03:26 AM
I read about this guy not long ago. I see why Alchemist and Planet Asia are supporting this dude. His album is fire !!! Trust me. This has to be among the best release of the year.

The goo thing is if you buy the album from undergroundhiphop.com they give you a free bonus CD entirely produced by Alchemist called "The Antidote".

Don't sleep on this folks !!! :nonono:

claaa7
10-29-2009, 05:41 AM
yeah "The Antidote" with Alchemist was his free mixtape with Alchemist that was available to download on lots of sites.. i have yet to hear "Boy Meets World" but i've heard enough good shit about it that i'll probably order it without hearing one joint beforehand (i kinda like doing that from time-to-time, a little suprise y'know lol)

crds
10-29-2009, 05:55 AM
Boy Meets World is a great album and it's good to see it mentioned on here, easily one of 2009's best, Exile is a really dope producer and Fashawn is nice with his, I really like "When She Calls, Why, Father and The Ecology.

bamboo
10-29-2009, 07:01 AM
Boy Meets World is a great album and it's good to see it mentioned on here, easily one of 2009's best, Exile is a really dope producer and Fashawn is nice with his, I really like "When She Calls, Why, Father and The Ecology.

Co-signing every word here!
This is album is fresh to death! Easily on par with Blu & Exile's previous effort.
Copping this! :thumbup:
"When She Calls" is on steady repeat right now, adicting beat right there...

Xt33wnUXhbU

abanks47
10-29-2009, 01:28 PM
I was surprised to hear this mufucka was from the bay. Not much music sounds like his over here.

p-rok73
10-29-2009, 06:26 PM
Fashawn is an opening act on Ghostface's tour I think.

Meta4
10-29-2009, 10:25 PM
I waited for his ALC tape to drop and I'm still sleepin on it. thought he was from Philly tho.

food for thought
10-29-2009, 10:30 PM
^ is the whole album produced by Exile?

^im playing that song.... his flow could be a little better... is this his best shit in your opinion?

The goo thing is if you buy the album from undergroundhiphop.com they give you a free bonus CD entirely produced by Alchemist called "The Antidote".

with various artists?

abanks47
10-30-2009, 12:19 AM
naw hes from cali, i didnt even notice the first listen but Mistah F.A.B. was on the album. just copped the official copy today

bamboo
10-30-2009, 03:09 AM
^ is the whole album produced by Exile?

^im playing that song.... his flow could be a little better... is this his best shit in your opinion?

with various artists?

Yes from my understanding it's fully produced by Exile:
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/reviews/id.1290/title.fashawn-boy-meets-world

"When she calls" is one of my favorites due to the beat, his story telling was impressive IMO. But there's other good songs on there like "Freedom" for example, where he spits fire

Longbongcilvaringz
10-30-2009, 03:14 AM
Good album, probably the best hip hop i've heard this year.

claaa7
10-30-2009, 04:17 AM
with various artists?

nah it's all Fashawn, i think 12 tracks produced by The Alchemist

main_man
10-30-2009, 05:44 AM
yeah, i finally got a chance to listen to this and i gotta say, its some really dope hip hop music. exiles beats are on point, and fashawns one of the nicest new cats on the scene. good to see a youngster taking hip hop seriously. one of the best debuts in a while.

food for thought
10-30-2009, 07:05 AM
i will give this a listen.

thanks for recommending.

buckshotstheone
10-30-2009, 03:42 PM
The Ecology is a fucking sermon, unbelievable how dope that beat is and he absolutely murders it

Somewhat Healthy
10-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Fashawn is actually from Fresno, not the Bay. Him and P.A. are probably the only real cats that came outta Fresno. My hometown btw.