PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rock's "Soul Survivor" documentary (ft. Wu, OC, G Rap, Sticky Fing, Pun, Common)

claaa7
10-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Great documentary about the making of Pete Rock's "Soul Survivor" album on Loud Records, released in 1998. had totally forgot about this documentary but was bumping this great LP today and remembered it and it was available on youtube - so if you never catched this, do yourself a favor and thank me later. Featuring behind-the-scenes of all the songs including footage of Method Man, Raekwon, Ghostface, Cappadonna, Prodigy, OC, Lord Tariq, Peter Gunz, Common, Big Punisher and many more!

XVLvCe1dFoI

8MqbMIEXUAE

KXeR9JDQVMU

1GFiQVGoV6I

zAJcwxcemaM

davedigital360
10-29-2009, 12:16 PM
fucking awsome

angry!
10-29-2009, 12:21 PM
i remember seeing this when the soul brother dropped this jawn!!!!!

one of the best producer albums ever!!!! "strange fruit" still gotta be one of my favorite tracks period... word!!!! incredible cast and mind numbing beats!!!!!

its always dope to see legends at work, the game recording session musta been givin pete chills!!!!!

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-29-2009, 12:25 PM
i remember years ago seeing footage of Ghostface dropping his verse, think he was wearing a yellow top

Is that not in this?

serioussam
10-29-2009, 12:55 PM
what is the name of the song at the starting of part 1

the silencer
10-29-2009, 01:04 PM
"ayo the world plant seeds in my mind, Strange Fruit"

altho i like the non-album version better

claaa7
10-29-2009, 01:23 PM
^^ yeah, i like that one better too actually.. Tragedy & Noreaga on some true "War Report" shit and also Meccalicious and Pete Rock drops verses on that one. Sticky Fingaz laid it down fat though

BGS
10-29-2009, 01:27 PM
thanks man this is crazy! i love footage from studio sessions! repped!!

TAURO
10-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Props for posting, I had not seen this.

As for the album, it was worth it just for Pun's verse alone.

xxfLGNDuZYA&feature

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-29-2009, 01:35 PM
^wtf, its worth it for alot more than just that

its sad but for some reason this was the last we ever saw from Pete Rock

KYCjWUVMNks

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Man this video is the fucking shit. Seeing Prodigy recite Raes lines and so on back then and the Ghost thinking up that crazy ass fucking verse puffin on a blunt, classic shit, this type of footage of wu in studios is rare as fuck

Its the mother of the same vid i saw a while back with just Rae and Ghosts part, i was hoping for more of ghost

ALCATRAZ
10-29-2009, 01:57 PM
repped

EnD
10-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Now THATS how you make an album. Everybody in the studio smokin, drinkin, just havin fun, makin good music. No sending tracks via e-mail.

Props.

the silencer
10-29-2009, 01:59 PM
when G Rap is talkin, a Cormega verse comes on..."I used to measure grams, but now I got better plans, drivin a fuckin Navigator in the desert sands"

GSTYLE
10-29-2009, 03:19 PM
that was a pure classic hip hop record right there. "One Life To Live" was my shit on that album "You got my back? i got your's son..." WOW!

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-29-2009, 03:27 PM
when G Rap is talkin, a Cormega verse comes on..."I used to measure grams, but now I got better plans, drivin a fuckin Navigator in the desert sands"

STMMn69oIgI

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-29-2009, 04:11 PM
man you hear how he got that sample for verbal murder 2?

:hooray:

Funny how first time Pete gets camara time is in 4th video lol

TAURO
10-29-2009, 07:02 PM
^wtf, its worth it for alot more than just that

That goes without saying you faggot. I was just trying to illustrate how dope that verse was.

CharlesJones
10-31-2009, 10:03 AM
Pete came out with a documentary about Soul Survivor album? I gotta check this out. Soul Survivor album is real good. Too bad the 2nd one sucked because of the beats. I wonder if he's gonna do a 3rd one. What's on the documentary besides rappers that were on the album being interviewed and messing around and talking in the studio? Are there videos from the album also on the documentary? I remember Pete did a corny video with r&b group Loose Ends from the album called Take Your Time. He shouldn't have did a video for that. He had so many hard songs on the album, he should've did a video for something else. Tru Master video with Pete, Inspectah Deck, Kurupt was tight.

claaa7
10-31-2009, 10:23 AM
^^ yo Charles Jones, do you like any album at all that's been released since 2001.. not dissing you at all, i'm just curious since i never ever met someone that's as nitpicking as you when it comes to beats.

CharlesJones
10-31-2009, 10:28 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Hey man i can't help it that a lot of rap albums i think suck because of bad beats. Rappers aren't getting good beats anymore and that's why their albums aren't good. I know most of ya'll may disagree with me but that's how i feel. I do like Ludacris's Theater Of The Mind album and there's a few other ones i've liked since 2001.