PDA

View Full Version : Why Are Ya'll Always Posting About Wack Singers?

CharlesJones
11-01-2009, 01:04 PM
I notice that most of the topics in here are about wack rock singers and wack r&b singers. I've posted topics before in here about good r&b singers and i usually get about 1 or 2 responses.

LORD NOSE
11-01-2009, 01:11 PM
because most of the people didn't grow up listening to the good stuff that Hip Hop was made out of

the Ohio Players
HeatWave
Rolls Royce
etc...

most likely won't get mentioned here

LORD NOSE
11-01-2009, 01:14 PM
because most of the people didn't grow up listening to the good stuff that Hip Hop was made out of

the Ohio Players
HeatWave
Rolls Royce
etc...

most likely won't get mentioned here

CharlesJones
11-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Your right. I think you posted a topic before about r&b group Slave and i was the only one that responded. Or that could've been Visions Unseen who posted about them.

check two
11-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Sometimes R&B topics don't get much responses cause there aren't that many females at the forum.

SID
11-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Woah another 5 star cj thread huh, firstly wack is a matter of opinion secondly modern r and b is gay, a lot of people are starting to listen to purely electronic music as it cuts out most of the pretencious empty vocals that coat most tunes.

Teh KillaBee
11-02-2009, 12:41 PM
I blame white people

LORD NOSE
11-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Sometimes R&B topics don't get much responses cause there aren't that many females at the forum.

we are talking about ohio players, slave, E,W,& F - Not ready for the world -

funk, soul, and real R&B - not image pop artist who wine to sad synths and twinkle bells

Woah another 5 star cj thread huh, firstly wack is a matter of opinion secondly modern r and b is gay, a lot of people are starting to listen to purely electronic music as it cuts out most of the pretencious empty vocals that coat most tunes.

i'd rather listen to Chaka Khan -

yo CJ - maybe we need to get a few threads going

BTW - check out that Chaka Khan Album, What Cha Gonna Do For Me - if you haven't already - no need to skip through tracks -

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ATdUlxUOLL0/SiP2FO4h-zI/AAAAAAAAA-Y/fnkMUlIBUfg/s320/%5BAllCDCovers%5D_chaka_khan_what_cha%60_gonna_do_ for_me_1981_retail_cd-front.jpg

Prolifical ENG
11-02-2009, 12:54 PM
I remember some of your threads about BBD, R.Kelly, and stretching back to Gaye, etc. In other threads such as ones discussing Wizard of Poetry we were naming classic Motown stuff. I guess there was never a general thread about classic rnb here.

CharlesJones
11-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Sunny Winters, i don't like that many female singers because they sing too many love songs and not enough uptempo dance songs but i do like Chaka Khan. My parents have several Rufus and Chaka Khan albums. They only have two solo albums by her called CK which is pretty good and I Feel For You. She did a remake of Stevie Wonder's Signed, Sealed, Delivered song on CK album and she has a few songs produced by Prince on there. I Feel For You album is weak but the title track song is a classic which is a Prince remake. Hey Sunny Winters, don't be dissing Ready For The World LOL. They're one of my favorite groups. I love their first 2 albums but the first album is a classic that had my jams Digital Display, Oh Sheila, I'm The One Who Loves You. I also like their love songs Tonight and Slide Over on that album. Let Me Love You Down love song by them is also a classic and it's on their 2nd album. Melvin Riley who was the lead singer of the group did a few solo albums but they didn't get any attention. I got a feeling he probably had more love songs than dance songs on his solo albums and that's why i won't listen to them. I don't like a lot of love songs because they put me to sleep LOL. Some love songs i like as long as they have a good beat. Dance songs/jams i love because i like uptempo/fast beats. That's why i love r&b artists like Dazz Band, The Gap Band, Midnight Star, Lakeside, Con Funk Shun, Zapp, Parliament/Funkadelic, Chic, The Isley Brothers, Earth Wind And Fire, The Time, Cameo, Kool And The Gang, Slave, The SOS Band, The Jacksons, Bell Biv Devoe, Bobby Brown, The Deele. These new r&b singers are so fucking boring. Nobody in r&b right now is doing party jams anymore and it's been that way since after the 90's. Even in the 90's, a lot of r&b singers weren't doing a lot of jams. Bring back the funk. Like Parliament said, we want the funk. Give up the funk LOL.

LORD NOSE
11-08-2009, 09:25 AM
that chaka Khan album is her top classic album - you'll like it -

ready for the world ? - lol - ...i can't listen to that shit ........

Longbongcilvaringz
11-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Charles and Sunny, you're right, a lot of people here have hardly heard any of the music you're talking about.

Rather than making discussion threads about those artists, maybe make threads with some content in them. Links to some tracks, youtube vids etc.

People here are interested in all kinds of music, i'm sure they'd take the time out to listen.

CharlesJones
11-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Sunny Winters, how come you don't like Ready For The World? They're better than these wack ass boring r&b singers now LOL.

LORD NOSE
11-08-2009, 01:51 PM
let me love you down was good - but over all they was a corny group IMO - when i was young, oh sheila was the shit for a few months that year it came out - but their stuff didn't have a lasting effect on us - R&B today is more about the image - it was that back then too, but now, it's more image than music - ready for the world had an image that was popular back then so they passed

Ginnsey
11-09-2009, 08:09 AM
The Baby Huey Story: The Living Legend

this is one of my favourite rnb/soul/funk kinda albums! Love that track hard times on there, which has been sampled by the wu in a few albums including OB4CL2 we will rob you and also on one of the tracks off supreme clientele but i cant remember which one off the thop of my head

CharlesJones
11-13-2009, 10:31 AM
I don't think Ready For The World were corny but they did look gay with their jhericurls and makeup hahahahahahahahahahaha. I think if you listened to their first and second albums Sunny Winters, your opinion of them would change.