PDA

View Full Version : Red Hot Chili Peppers/John Frusciante

grt05
11-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Any fans?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdSRviwq6Qo

Shogah
11-01-2009, 05:07 PM
yeah Frusciante is the shit, best member of peppers easily, and great guitarist.

79fLzqwdePE

And great singer too

oDoUoSoKo
11-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Easily? no pun intended im assuming..eloels, but nah...i think they all hold up pretty well.

grt05
11-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Not easily...i mean he's easily one of the best guitarists out of most rock bands today..but flea is easily the best guitarist out of most rock bands today too...Chad Smith is pretty incredible too but he doesn't get a chance to show off much of his technical skill with the peppers.

grt05
11-01-2009, 06:29 PM
John Frusciante is the reason I got into the Wu Tang Clan.
WJu1KQ10E_c

oDoUoSoKo
11-01-2009, 06:52 PM
for flea, u mean bass guitarists right? but ya theyre good.

grt05
11-01-2009, 07:19 PM
for flea, u mean bass guitarists right? but ya theyre good.

What else lol..I started playing bass because of him lol.

oDoUoSoKo
11-01-2009, 07:24 PM
thats funny..me too.

grt05
11-01-2009, 07:29 PM
thats funny..me too.

lol dope..

If i haven't of gotten obsessed with the chili's i would have never listened to 36 chambers or liquid swords...and therefore any other wu related album..its crazy.

djskillz
11-03-2009, 07:15 PM
One of my favorite bands and Frusciante is one of my favorite guitarists/vocalists ever. Dude can write some ill shit.

tajeco
11-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Hey grt05. Welcome to WuCorp. You know I'm a fan, (since you've seen me on Frusciante's forum.)

There's a thread on here somewhere about "The Empyrean". I give some reviews on John's solo work

tajeco
11-06-2009, 06:54 PM
here it is.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70105&highlight=the+empyrean

I guess I didn't really give reviews, just ratings.

New Hills 36
11-08-2009, 12:19 PM
The book the lead singer (Anthony Kleidis - sp?) did - 'Scar Tissue' is a totally mental read. He should NOT be alive. Neither should John Frusciante. Unfortunately some didn't make it through though.

Well recommended book.

food for thought
11-08-2009, 12:34 PM
^lol can u elaborate?

i tripped mushrooms last night with some friends and one of the guys we were tripping with played their album By The Way.

that shit was so doope. and the trip was realll nice lil i was tripping balls

i was zonning out to it all night

i woke up this morning and downloaded the album lol.

im listening to it right now while i smoke some resin i scrapped up lol

and this thread getting bumped is a crazy ass coincidence.

New Hills 36
11-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Well - its kind of a crazy mental story. His Dad sold drugs BIG time (Kleidis). He had his first toke at like 6 years old. He quickly degenerated into a monster Coke and Heroin habit. He cleaned up. He fell off and did crazy amounts of Coke and Heroin again. He cleaned up - fell off ad nauseum. He went out with some crazy beautiful women. And he was in a very succesful band.

Frusciante - well he went serously mentally deranged - but somehow pulled hiomself back from the edge.

That's kind of the facts but it's how the book is written that makes it so good. A lot of funny stuff - like how George Clinton produced one of their LPs and GC had the biggest coke in-take of all - but swore that 'prune juice - keeps you regular - and if your regular your healthy'. Etc etc

here's a link to the Amazon reviews! http://www.amazon.com/Scar-Tissue-Anthony-Kiedis/dp/1401307450/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1257702084&sr=8-1

Peace

edit - good effort btw - I couldn't write the day after shrooms!

tajeco
11-08-2009, 05:21 PM
"By the Way" (2002) is my favorite by RHCP. From Frusciante it's "Shadows Collide With People" (2004)

grt05
11-17-2009, 08:06 AM
^lol can u elaborate?

i tripped mushrooms last night with some friends and one of the guys we were tripping with played their album By The Way.

that shit was so doope. and the trip was realll nice lil i was tripping balls

i was zonning out to it all night

i woke up this morning and downloaded the album lol.

im listening to it right now while i smoke some resin i scrapped up lol

and this thread getting bumped is a crazy ass coincidence.

I can imagine by the way being the perfect soundtrack to a happy trip man...it's an awesome album. I would also recommend "the empyrean" for those who wanna check out Frusciante's solo work..it's a trip in itself.

Odry
11-25-2009, 03:15 AM
sgt peppers

although god only knows is gawdly

and i agree with infinity about electric ladyland...its like hes only remembered for his guitar playing but that album and axis are amazing.

benzo
11-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Blood Sugar Sex Magic is absolutely in the top 5 albums for the 90's. Lots of great shit in their career for sure but BSSM is an undeniable classic.

New Hills 36
11-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Frusciante plays some killer guitar on Johnny Cash's Unearthed (which is the out-takes of his American series - I think he plays guitar on some of the original releases too).

For those not aware the American recordings (vols 1-5) are produced by Rick Rubin and include stacks of covers like Personal Jesus, One, Hurt (Nine Inch Nails) and are highly recommended by yours truly (not all of it works but the good stuff is great)

grt05
11-29-2009, 12:18 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a348/ddelara/juliacher5sm.jpg

Uncle Steezo
12-01-2009, 04:21 AM
speaking of p-fnk... i was in the studio for the recoding of FABO's (D4L) "scotty/geeked up" remix ft Grge clnton.

he kept going to the restroom every few mins. then after an hour or so he said "yall seem cool" pulled out a glass stem an hit some fucking rock. held in the smoke while saying "Get 'em Dope!!!" and hopped in the booth and spit an ill freestyle spoken word verse where he even mentioned the rock.

anyway...
californiacation =best RHCP album tho bloodsugarsexmagik is my fav.

benzo
12-01-2009, 01:38 PM
^^that's like the 100th second-hand account of Clinton getting totally cracked out in the studio that i've heard lol. a friend of mine interned at The Hit Factory and told a very similar story...