PDA

View Full Version : Recycled lines....

deadlymelody
09-24-2005, 11:16 PM
What are some lines from the 9 generals that have been used more than once. I know Method Man has some lines that sound similar. Masta Killa's verse on Koto Chotan sounds similar to a verse he has on No Said Date can't think of the song name right now maybe Secret Rivals.

Frank Drebin
09-25-2005, 12:36 AM
careful click click masta killa says
"Return to the 36th Chamber
Proceed with caution as you enter
We have an A.P.B., on an MC Killer
Looks like the work of a Masta"

Thats one of the top of my head. He says that in da mystery of chessboxin

Create
09-25-2005, 01:21 AM
Masta Killas School Song Has The Same Verse By Rza As He Does On Rememdys Education

Or Something Like That

chuck430
09-25-2005, 02:03 AM
gza on 1112, the very first verse

"bobby said fuck spendin 50 on a whip
buy equip....."

i also heard it somewhere else on a different beat, i think it was a Sway and Tech tape where he and masta were "freestylin"

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
09-25-2005, 11:49 AM
careful click click masta killa says
"Return to the 36th Chamber
Proceed with caution as you enter
We have an A.P.B., on an MC Killer
Looks like the work of a Masta"

Thats one of the top of my head. He says that in da mystery of chessboxin
that's not recyclying dummy, he did that on purpose to get people in the mood of the original album, by sayin that you remembered his verse; not to mention it was only 4 lines

the one that will stick in my head is Inspectah Deck's verse from Triumph. He had used that verse a year earlier on a freestyle

Bodega Pop Tartz
09-25-2005, 12:06 PM
uhh the secret rivals verse from MK is recycled.... thats it for now. most of their freestyles are from songs.

Create
09-25-2005, 07:22 PM
that's not recyclying dummy, he did that on purpose to get people in the mood of the original album, by sayin that you remembered his verse; not to mention it was only 4 lines

the one that will stick in my head is Inspectah Deck's verse from Triumph. He had used that verse a year earlier on a freestyle
YEA THAT SHIT WAS ON THE POWER HOUSE TONY TOUCH 50 EMCEES ALBUM

WOW I WAS DISSAPOINTED

Mixtape Mutt
09-26-2005, 11:53 AM
Watch the Masta Killa DVD, watch his performance at Rock Steady. At the end he talks about the album and before he leaves he goes "Yo, I feel like kicking a quick freestyle before I go" and he "freestyles" his first verse from the title track off his album. When I heard this I was like, oh shit lemme get ready for a MK freestie! And all the sudden, "They said the god wasn't ever comin' home, grandma in a nursin' home, my mind was blown." found myself singing to his whole "freestyle"

9th Warrior
09-26-2005, 04:40 PM
ODB recycles his verse from Kiss of the Black Widow Pt. 1 for the mixtape freestyle in this site's audio section.

Create
09-26-2005, 05:21 PM
lmao hahah ur SIG IS HELRIUOS

Hellspawn
09-30-2005, 09:10 AM
inspectah deck verse in the american cream team line up is the same than his verse in another song lay your hammer down word by word.

Another sound boy?s dyin?
Crowd noise multiplyin?
Don?t let the fuzz slide in bust out the sirens
Sure win lure ?em in like exotic women
I smile with the sinister grin and finish him
You?re fuckin? with hoods, get ya goods pushed back
Ya fraud, pull the wool off your hollywood hat

check your lyrics!
________
VAPEZILLA VAPORIZER REVIEW (http://vaporizer.org)

Create
09-30-2005, 12:58 PM
R U Seriious !!! ^^

Literate Type Asshole
09-30-2005, 01:47 PM
rappers spit verses from their songs as "freestyles" all the time, i dont think that counts

gza recycled his verse from cross my heart on put your hammer down (or vice versa, dont know what came first)

ShaolinDarts
09-30-2005, 03:15 PM
inspectah deck verse in the american cream team line up is the same than his verse in another song lay your hammer down word by word.

Another sound boy’s dyin’
Crowd noise multiplyin’
Don’t let the fuzz slide in bust out the sirens
Sure win lure ‘em in like exotic women
You’re fuckin’ with hoods, get ya goods pushed back

check your lyrics!
What is wrong with you?

Shaolin Warrior
09-30-2005, 03:35 PM
ODB's verse on "Brooklyn Zoo 2" was a combination his own verse and GZA's verse on "Damage" in the same album (Return To The 36 Chambers).

faderlaceratah
09-30-2005, 04:18 PM
GZA's recycled lines few times.. like on JMT's Legacy of Blood, he uses "remain sharp, ill cut out ya heart, emcees want no part of any type of conflict..."

and then on Math's The Problem he reuses it again on the track with meth and math

the silencer
09-30-2005, 04:45 PM

Another sound boy’s dyin’
Crowd noise multiplyin’
Don’t let the fuzz slide in bust out the sirens
Sure win lure ‘em in like exotic women
You’re fuckin’ with hoods, get ya goods pushed back

check your lyrics!
Gzas verse on Lay ya Hammer is also the same as his verse on Heavy Mental---->wit Inspectah and KP the joint Cross My Heart<----- BANGA

Create
10-01-2005, 12:52 AM
samn hearing this shit sucks !

deadlymelody
10-01-2005, 03:12 PM
GZA had a line on Breaker Breaker which is very similar to a line he spit in Advanced Pawns, which is an amazing song.

Literate Type Asshole
10-01-2005, 05:24 PM
nas' verse on verbal intercourse was recycled from a pre-illmatic song called deja vu

Create
10-02-2005, 12:17 AM
nas' verse on verbal intercourse was recycled from a pre-illmatic song called deja vu
Ummm no Impossible

biblebullet
10-03-2005, 07:24 AM
yeah most wu members recycle alot of their verses and lines, at time i love it and at time i hate it

Sickadash
10-03-2005, 07:48 AM
GZA recycles his verse from "The W" (international bonus track on Iron Flag) in "Fam (Members Only)"

Mixtape Mutt
10-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Damn...so much shit is recycled. It's really disappointing and I'm suprised I never caught a lot of this.

dooboy
10-03-2005, 01:50 PM
on wutang forever RZA say:

mc's wonder whats hiphop thunder,
tell you the truth its just one nation under WU

on the words from the genius the GZA says the same line (except for the WU bit)

also theres another song on the words from the genius which has the same lyrics of life of a drug dealer of liquid swords

can't blame them thou cos some of those verses are hot

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-03-2005, 04:31 PM
prodigal sunn spits the same verse on "spit that G" (the sting) as he does on "False things must perish" (gravediggaz-nightmare in a minor)
rza on "Da great siege" And "Cash rule seeds and power u"

masta killa on "Scram" and "Secret Rivals"

Literate Type Asshole
10-04-2005, 04:23 AM
Ummm no Impossible

what?

go listen to the fuckin song man, the verse is the same

Hellspawn
10-04-2005, 06:08 AM
What is wrong with you?
what do you mean?
________
Voyeur Hidden (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/1154/hidden/videos/1)

My First Timbs
10-07-2005, 12:12 AM
i dont think any wu members can really freestyle beside method man

Literate Type Asshole
10-10-2005, 10:40 AM
most mcs can freestyle, to some extent. they just don't.

rza freestyled for real (and was very dope) when gravediggaz & sunz of man were on the wake up show back in like 98. "see the petroleum, as wu-tang clan sails onto your podium, i dont test the monosodium glutamate, wait for you to make the first move and then it's checkmate" and of course 90% of his bob digi shit is freestyled.

sinfullycute
04-28-2006, 12:16 PM
A lot of times what you call recycled was used without permission. It may have been a verse lying around on a track that was just pieced in ie Killarmys Dancing With Wolves was never a song. Its all verses that were just lying around. So someone takes it and puts it into another song. I would say 99% of a recycled verse is not the artist repeating themselves-unless its in a freestyle and they're just saying it again.

venex
04-28-2006, 02:53 PM
most mcs can freestyle, to some extent. they just don't.

rza freestyled for real (and was very dope) when gravediggaz & sunz of man were on the wake up show back in like 98. "see the petroleum, as wu-tang clan sails onto your podium, i dont test the monosodium glutamate, wait for you to make the first move and then it's checkmate" and of course 90% of his bob digi shit is freestyled.

yeah, the RZA can spit dope shit, I've heard him about 5 times kickin' a true dope freestyle...

AND YES, the verse from nas on verbal intercourse was recycled (deja vu)

peace!