PDA

View Full Version : Nas - Doo Rags...

Thworldisyours
11-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Why Nas is better than your favorite rapper's favorite rapper...

_Q5wDIuHWks

Hit the shuffle on my ipod and this played. It's been a while since I heard it.

Just a beautiful beautiful song. Amazingly I believe this was supposed to be on Stillmatic but didnt make the cut. (I remember it leaking around the same time...) Amazing because its probably better than 75% of that entire album... But at least it made some official album I guess...

Senator C. Palantine
11-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Lost Tapes takes a big shit on every Nas album except Illmatic.

Stillmatic is the most overrated piece or averagreness ive ever heard.

Thworldisyours
11-03-2009, 10:38 AM
I wouldn't go that far...

But I'll definitely say Stillmatic isn't as good as I remember it. There are great tracks on it (The Intro, Ether, Youre The Man, 2nd Childhood) but it's kinda declined as time goes on. The reason why Stillmatic was so "big" when it came out had to due with the Jay beef and Ether...

Also, it was Nas' "comeback" album after Nastradamus. And the whole "matic" title choice didnt hurt...

In retrospect I prefer God's Son, an album that has aged better IMO...

Longbongcilvaringz
11-03-2009, 10:59 AM
We crabs in a barrel, they tutoring us.

Nas comes real like that sometimes, word.

I done it, got God Son on my stomach.

P-Noid Brown
11-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Nas's best album hands down was the lost tapes!! Soooo much food for thought on that album... I love the lost tapes more than illmatic... To me... Lost tapes will forever be nas's greatest release... Dope beats and rhymes... No skits no bullshit... Just pure hip-hop.

Longbongcilvaringz
11-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Lost Tapes has some more hardcore vibrationals.

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Nas's best album hands down was the lost tapes!! Soooo much food for thought on that album... I love the lost tapes more than illmatic... To me... Lost tapes will forever be nas's greatest release... Dope beats and rhymes... No skits no bullshit... Just pure hip-hop.

This is what happens when you let Joe Budden stans listen and comment on hip hop.

food for thought
11-03-2009, 11:13 AM
^hahaha

Longbongcilvaringz
11-03-2009, 11:19 AM
haha

quick, hide it from the asians!

oh shit, uh...

angry!
11-03-2009, 11:32 AM
stillmatic was and is dope as fuck. i dont know what yall expect, that album was bangin out in the streets and dorm rooms and single handedly rejuvenated interest in nas!!!

revisionist history kills me!!! you got niggas sayin lost tapes is nasirs best album, and some sayin gods son was better than stillmatic!!!! youre free to have your opinion, but understand its not popular opinion!!!!

lost tapes is one of the best bodies of scrapped shit ive head. doo rags, purple, no ideas original, drunk by myself, shit was uncut dope!!!

my personal favorite track gotta be "nothing lasts forever" though, that shit still has me stuck till this day!!!! and "fetus", conceptually nas was all over the map its a shining spot in his catalogue no doubt about it!!!

THE MASON
11-03-2009, 12:40 PM
lost tapes is ill

Doo Rags was one of the first Nas tracks i ever heard, downloaded it off of Kazaa back in the days.

lynskey
11-03-2009, 01:40 PM
What a shitty unimaginative boring line.

''Better than your favourite rappers favourite rapper''

You lose any credibility when you lose that stupid line.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Sometimes I really don't see how could Nas be GOAT. Everytime I hear I Gave You Power and Fetus I remember that O.K. [that are from Queens too] already did Stray Bullet and Inventro that are far better for me...so Nas was right - Nothing is Original

Lost Tapes are dope tho. I like the list of Nas unreleased tracks more than his discography. Minus the obvious one classic album Nas has.

hom1e
11-03-2009, 02:31 PM
lost tapes is ill

doo rags was one of the first nas tracks i ever heard, downloaded it off of kazaa back in the days.

lol

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-03-2009, 03:25 PM
one of Nas' better songs but stillmatic is my joint it's a grown man's album it's aged well in my eyes so has it was written, god's son and i am... but street disciple hasn't aged well due to disc 2 weak points for the most part Nas' discography is very strong with additions of hip hop is dead and untitled which was great conceptual lp content wise i dunno Nas --- better than jigga who's had more classics and no blueprint is a faux classic, yes one of jay's stronger lp's but it's a near classic in my book, jay's content isn't as deep

triPAUD
11-03-2009, 03:29 PM
one of Nas' better songs but stillmatic is my joint it's a grown man's album it's aged well in my eyes so has it was written, god's son and i am... but street disciple hasn't aged well due to disc 2 weak points for the most part Nas' discography is very strong with additions of hip hop is dead and untitled which was great conceptual lp content wise i dunno Nas --- better than jigga who's had more classics and no blueprint is a faux classic, yes one of jay's stronger lp's but it's a near classic in my book, jay's content isn't as deep

cosign on almost every point, i'd prolly still consider bp a classic.

ALCATRAZ
11-03-2009, 04:13 PM
nas is nice

pac is nicer

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-03-2009, 04:21 PM
stillmatic isnt anywhere near bp as an album

6FKqcsVds44

Poetic Wun
11-03-2009, 04:56 PM
this was a good tape but that was a dumb comment... in your opinion ok, but to say hands down his best... i think the rest of the hip hop community would have to disagree with you.

Kenny Powers
11-03-2009, 05:15 PM
lost tapes is classic but I wouldnt put it above stillmatic. Ether, 2nd childhood, youre the man, rewind, etc

djskillz
11-03-2009, 06:31 PM
nas is nice

pac is nicer

lmao that sig made me laugh so hard.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-04-2009, 02:53 PM

maybe Jay isn't as deep, but he isn't shallow