PDA

View Full Version : The Bug - London Zoo

Cthulhu
11-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Anyone heard/like this album? The Bug is producer Kevin Martin who has been in many bands and projects including God, Ice, and Techno Animal. The Bug is his dancehall/dubstep project. On this album he has a lot of grime and dancehall artists doing the vocals.

http://cdn.pitchfork.com/media/12000-london-zoo.jpg

This is the lead single. Hard fucking song. It's got Killa P and Flowdan from Roll Deep Crew.

zwmUOJR-GwA

Here's the second single, featuring Warrior Queen:
-aW7NFSGklM

Cthulhu
11-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Here's an earlier single from an EP. It has a fucking fat bass line
0BoqdfDUJxI

Longbongcilvaringz
11-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Got to say, personally, not a big fan of London Zoo.

There was so much hype surrounding Poison Dart (which i never understood anyway) but the album was pretty average to me.

Had some cool tracks, i just don't get into that more dance hall influenced Dubstep that much.

Cthulhu
11-06-2009, 02:50 AM
Got to say, personally, not a big fan of London Zoo.

There was so much hype surrounding Poison Dart (which i never understood anyway) but the album was pretty average to me.

Had some cool tracks, i just don't get into that more dance hall influenced Dubstep that much.

Well, it would probably be more accurate to call it dubstep infuenced dancehall. Kevin Martin has been doing this heavy/noisy type of dancehall since before dubstep was really a genre. His work with Techno Animal (alongside Justin Broadrick of Godflesh/Jesu/Napalm Death fame) probably set a some of the groundwork for dubstep as well, particularly their third album Brotherhood of the Bomb which went in a hip hop direction with a sort of industrial aesthetic

Q39CgGKEK5c
haRzBWSgAzo
uE7mfZCEd2M

Might like these tracks better if you like dubstep and hip hop.

[youtube]

SID
11-06-2009, 06:19 AM
London zoo is a savage album. classic material. its got those durrrty basslines mixed with the hard rasta attitiude and vocals shit is fire, skeng is still one of my all time favourite tunes, jah war is a sick track.

Longbongcilvaringz
11-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Yeah, skeng is good.

I'll check out those other tracks you posted Cthulhu

narc
11-06-2009, 04:09 PM
tbh only ever got into Skeng. Poison dart wasnt that good.

Cthulhu
11-08-2009, 06:19 PM
"Ganja" Not included on the album. I think it's a b-side to one of the singles
wtIOBq7xZp0

Another outtake. Features Flowdan over the "Poison Dart" beat instead of Warrior Queen. You guys might like this version better
6kwV2zhOpow