PDA

View Full Version : Parents lose right over sex education

LORD ZERO
11-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Pupils in England will be given classes in sex and relationships from the age of five under Government plans to cut teenage pregnancies. Children will learn about body parts, the facts of life and puberty in primary school. At secondary school, they will be taught about pregnancy, contraception, HIV and homosexual relationships, it was disclosed.
All mothers and fathers will be able to keep children out on moral and religious grounds but will lose the right of withdraw when they turn 15. The ruling will affect 600,000 pupils a year.

ENTIRE ARTICLE
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/6508280/Parents-lose-right-over-sex-education.html

djskillz
12-03-2009, 09:26 AM
That's weird. I remember they didn't teach us sex ed till 7th grade and the parents had to sign a release form. If you were in 6th grade, you had to avoid that class like the plague or else you'd get yelled at by the teacher cause the whole administration was scared at a parent getting pissed off cause their 12 year old learned what a vagina was. I agree with this new method though. I think the reason there are so many STDs spreading among young people nowadays is because of idiot parents not wanting their kids to learn because of the stigma around the issue in their generation. In my experience, kids in my generation (the boys at least lol) all knew about sex before we finished elementary school so hiding it is pointless. We have to accept it and make sure our kids have the proper information from a reasonable age before they fuck up too early or hop into a situation they're not prepared for.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-03-2009, 09:36 AM
This is so retarded it really makes you wonder wht the fuck is going on. 5 years old? This is ridiculous. These people are complete morons. Btw primary school age in England is 5-11 years old. Kids dont need to know shit about sex at those ages and if they do its because theyre in a totally fucked up social situation. Its got nothing to do with education.

I read somewhere that the Dutch have the latest starting sex eductation and also have the lowest rate of teen pregnancy so idk wtf we're doing this for. Schooling is so fucked up these days you could give your kid a better education yourself.

Frank Sobotka
12-03-2009, 09:59 AM
^we don't even have sexual education here =/

Unless a chapter in biology counts.

Everybody learned it from themselves and eachother around 10.