PDA

View Full Version : Why the pass for Kanye?

dns
06-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Nas always get hit with the hyprocricy rant, yet Kanye gets a pass. I see right through Kanye's fascade. I feel he uses the concious mc as a gimmick. How could the Jiggamen tell Nas 'is it black girls lost/or you owe me ice'. Mr. Businessman should look at his own artist. First the Workout Plan, now Diamonds from Sierra Leonne. Somebody's been studying Nas.

By the way Hype Williams is still an incredible director.

Ironlungz
06-16-2005, 07:29 PM
kanye is the first to point out that hypocrisy.... Just listen to the college dropout....

tical2000
06-16-2005, 07:32 PM
kanye is the first to point out that hypocrisy.... Just listen to the college dropout....
yep...........NAS will beat you over the head with how anti-pop he is, then he does a song with GENUWINE......

.....that being said NAS is on the right path with his last couple albums

dns
06-16-2005, 07:41 PM
So Kanye does get the double standards?

T.H.O.M.A.S. Man
06-16-2005, 07:46 PM
nas>kanye first of all..

i think everyone's noticed this, songs like new york state of mind glorifying crime and then 'i can'. i cant explain it, i still like nas though. a lot of rappers do this, they rap about crime even if they never did it, even biggie and pac. (shocking, i know)

THE W
06-16-2005, 07:51 PM
is because of these hypocrisies that i believe all hiphop artists need to just make their music and KEEP THEIR FUCKIN MOUTH SHUT!

dns
06-16-2005, 07:54 PM
I had the notion Kanye was glorifying diamond, now I hear the remix and he's mentioning kids arms getting chop off in Sierra Leonne. If this was Nas, he would of caugh heat. But, Kanye seems to get a sanding ovation for every unoriginal thing he does.

Sorry I've seen the greats: RZA (production), and Nas (lyrics) do a much better job innovating the rap game. Kanye's not doing anything new or better.

tical2000
06-16-2005, 07:58 PM
I had the notion Kanye was glorifying diamond, now I hear the remix and he's mentioning kids arms getting chop off in Sierra Leonne. If this was Nas, he would of caugh heat. But, Kanye seems to get a sanding ovation for every unoriginal thing he does.

Sorry I've seen the greats: RZA (production), and Nas (lyrics) do a much better job innovating the rap game. Kanye's not doing anything new or better.
at this moment in 2005.....I dont think there is anyone in the rap game making beats better than KANYE WEST

tical2000
06-16-2005, 08:02 PM
as far as changing the rap game........KANYE WEST has, since BLUEPRINT dropped everybody uses those sped up soul samples now......so he changed the game

dns
06-16-2005, 08:16 PM
I already heard The RZA, Beatminerz, And DJ. Premiere do a better job of soul sampling in '93.

tical2000
06-16-2005, 08:24 PM
I already heard The RZA, Beatminerz, And DJ. Premiere do a better job of soul sampling in '93.
Sure I agree 100%.......but right now in 2005 no other producer is killin it like KANYE

PN_00
06-16-2005, 08:34 PM
i dont think kanye tries to be necessarily a 'conscious' emcee...just not a 'thugs/guns/hoes' type one, in which case 'the new workout plan' is fine since he's not being a thug or anything, just more pop, which kanye never said he wasn't

tical2000
06-16-2005, 08:36 PM
well, you know RZA's been doin that since shadowboxin...
yep RZA is the master........but after BLUEPRINT dropped, and album has not come out that does not use the speed up soul sample

MefMan36
06-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Kanye says hes a hypocrite all the time. Listen to college dropout and he says it a couple of times.

THE W
06-16-2005, 09:26 PM
as far as changing the rap game........KANYE WEST has, since BLUEPRINT dropped everybody uses those sped up soul samples now......so he changed the game yeah kanye bit off Rza and everyone bit off kanye

kinda like how jay-z bit off biggie and now everyone is biting jay-z

Hayabusa
06-16-2005, 10:12 PM
at this moment in 2005.....I dont think there is anyone in the rap game making beats better than KANYE WEST HeatMakerz make better beats than Kanye.

chachaman
06-16-2005, 11:11 PM

WTF? On the og song and the remix when hes saying put ur diamonds in the sky hes talking about the roc sign not diamonds from the earth. Im not even a fan of his but dont slamm him on glorifying diamonds when hes not.

TonyStarks29
06-16-2005, 11:35 PM
Kanye gets a pass because he cops people's styles. Everyone who doesn't know rap calls him "innovative" because they don't hear the shit Kanye gets his steeze from--his whole drum kit is stolen from Jay Dilla. And he dresses like a preppy, so the rich white folk love him.

mn2683
06-17-2005, 12:23 AM
yeah kanye bit off Rza and everyone bit off kanye

kinda like how jay-z bit off biggie and now everyone is biting jay-z jay z also bit off big l, as did many artists in the mid 90s

J-DON
06-17-2005, 01:52 AM
I read in this Toronto magazine (Dose) that Kanye went diamond shopping for his birthday. Point is you shouldnt speak out against something then go drop a hundred g's on it.

Rebel_INS
06-17-2005, 04:20 AM
Jus forget it, Kanye wack

pi-pol
06-17-2005, 08:59 AM
HeatMakerz make better beats than Kanye.
I kinda disagree with that. It's just my humble opinion, but i don't understand why people are loving so much the Heatmakerz' beats. I hate the way they over-use toms, crashes and hi hats to give some energy to their tracks. It's way too much for my ears.

The Last Clansman
06-17-2005, 10:08 AM
Nas always get hit with the hyprocricy rant, yet Kanye gets a pass. I see right through Kanye's fascade. I feel he uses the concious mc as a gimmick. How could the Jiggamen tell Nas 'is it black girls lost/or you owe me ice'. Mr. Businessman should look at his own artist. First the Workout Plan, now Diamonds from Sierra Leonne. Somebody's been studying Nas.

By the way Hype Williams is still an incredible director.
LOl... ok just because he talks about diamonds from Sierra Leone.. he should not talk about sex

I guess conscious people dont have sex... lol..

Butter
06-17-2005, 10:30 AM
nas probably think's of it like this 'i gotta eat.' lol i dont really like either of them.

kevawu
06-18-2005, 08:23 AM
ayo.first kanyes a good artist, second i have chilled with dude and hes mad down to earth. second nas was talking about how they get diamonds from the caves way back in 99 with nastraduams.it's good to see someone trying to open ears and eyes up but we all know nas has been doing it for years and years. look at the subject on pink he had that shit on in 96 and everyone called him gay.now its gangsta.LOL

36chambers
06-18-2005, 08:31 AM
You guys listened to Commons new album?

Kanyes beats are nice on there.

ThePharaohNosferatu
06-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Of the newest artist that have come out in the last 3 years, whose putting tight music out in the mixtapes and radio and videos?

FUck cares if he dresses like a prep, tha man got style thats what that means.

His beats are very recognisible, but they be song tight beats.

Yes RZA started it, and Kanye just follows it into the 2000's keepin that vibe alive.
his songs are very humble and meaningful like a RZA joint, im not making comparisons, but its true.

give the man respect, cause he deserves it. But he needs to leave the ROC, cause hes on a sunken ship, hope his Sophmore album sales double what College Dropout comes out.

Kanye West - Late Registration - August 16, 2006

100pr00f
06-18-2005, 09:19 AM
yea he got some nice beats...no fronting on that...i might go and get this next cd...i dont have his last

dns
06-18-2005, 09:34 AM
Some of you missed my point, while some understood my point. I have not listened to the CD album, nor will I ever. All Falls Down is a great video. Jesus Walk was a powerful song, only to find out it wasn't pen by him. I don't get why his conceited attitude, and unoriginal ideas are praised so much, when he too flip flops? Wasn't Kanye just talking about white jesus pieces (LOL) he was bringing out?

The Ghost
06-18-2005, 12:11 PM
I don't care what u dudes say I'm getting Late Registration.

Eye M Woman
06-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Apparently when u admit that u are a hypocrite..as opposed to doing it in secret..u get props.Hmm..or sumn like dat.

ThePharaohNosferatu
06-18-2005, 03:46 PM
I don't care what u dudes say I'm getting Late Registration.
Im wit you on that one

Ronin
06-18-2005, 03:57 PM
most mcs say shit for effect, u really think vinnie paz smashes pagans? u really think wu kill devils?

but if u talk the shit, u gotta be about it when it comes down to anything, nothing worse than a fag not backimg his words

MefMan36
06-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Whatever man, if u listen to Kanye's album u understand him. The people who knock him havent heard his album. Im getting Late Registration as well and Diamonds is hot!

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
06-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Kanye Isn't Really Changing The Game Alls He's Doing Is Making The Conscience Raapper More Acceptable

RapLevelated
06-21-2005, 09:47 PM
I kinda disagree with that. It's just my humble opinion, but i don't understand why people are loving so much the Heatmakerz' beats. I hate the way they over-use toms, crashes and hi hats to give some energy to their tracks. It's way too much for my ears.

Yeah but it's perfect for Dip Set's type of rapping. Shit sounds guuuuud.

PN_00
06-21-2005, 10:13 PM
yea diamonds has a nice beat..what song is it sampled from?

ThePharaohNosferatu
06-21-2005, 11:16 PM
the sample from Shirley Bassey's "Diamonds Are Forever"

IronFingaz
06-22-2005, 04:12 AM
I kind of prefer Just Blaze over Kanye

P.E.A.C.E.