PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me an stevie wonder album!

Shogah
11-11-2009, 05:17 PM
If you should give me one of his albums to listen which one?

Only one.

ButterCrunchJoints
11-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Signed, Sealed & Delivered, if only because everyone else is going to recommend Innervisions and Songs in the Key of Life

Prolifical ENG
11-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Signed, Sealed & Delivered, if only because everyone else is going to recommend Innervisions and Songs in the Key of Life

Yes I recommend Songs in the Key of Life. If I wanted to cheat I'd recommend At The Close of a Century (its 4 CDs).

DarkEXile
11-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Innervisions

abanks47
11-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Songs in the Key of Life imo

KaramelSundae
11-11-2009, 09:22 PM
that's a tough one

but im going with "that girl" cuz i love it
and heard it on the radio today

Edit: read the title too fast...i posted my fav stevie song

CharlesJones
11-13-2009, 11:44 AM
In Square Circle
Hotter Than July
Jungle Fever soundtrack

He's a very good singer and he surprises me how musically talented he is and he's blind LOL. You got r&b singers that can see and they put out bad music LOL. I'm really not a fan of a lot of Stevie's albums because he sings too many love songs and i don't like a lot of love songs. He's done some good uptempo dance songs over the years. Songs In The Key Of Life album is alright. I wouldn't say it's a classic like his fans say.

beautifulrock
11-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Talking Book, his most overlooked

CharlesJones
11-13-2009, 01:24 PM
My parents have Talking Book and it's ok. You've Got It Bad Girl song is my favorite on there. I notice on the album cover that it looks like he can see and he doesn't have his glasses on.

Shogah
11-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Ok, i downloaded Down To Earth album, As i realize its one his earlier records, when he was young, and he is most probably not at his musical peak...

So generally Songs in the key of life and Innervisions(wu tang - the city samples the song innervisions if i'm not mistaken)

are classics, and good for a start, i guess...

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
11-14-2009, 11:31 PM
Talking Book or Songs in the Key of Life are both amazing.

BUt if youre only going to get 1 you could get a collection like THe Essential

CharlesJones
12-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Living For The City song when i listen to it makes me sad sometimes because he says to find a job is like a haystack in a needle because where he lives, they don't use colored people. He also says that the black guy's dad has a job but you can best believe he hardly makes a penny and his sister's clothes are old but never are they dirty. Those lyrics he said was the reality for poor blacks in the south years ago and that fucking sucks to live like that because of these faggot ass racist whites. I'd rather die than live like that. Another part in the song that upset me is when a black guy goes to New York and he's talking about skyscrapers and everything. Then all of a sudden, a black guy confronts him and asks him to take some drugs across the street and as soon as the drugs gets put into his hands, the police roll up on him and arrest him and he wasn't even gonna sell the drugs because he didn't know what was going on. The judge gave him a harsh sentence for something he didn't even do but just because he's black, he got shitted on by the justice system. Fuck america for the foul fucked up shit that racist whites have done to blacks and are continuing to do to us.

Send One Your Love song by Stevie is very nice. What album is that song on?