PDA

View Full Version : Game of the year goes to.....

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-20-2009, 06:08 AM
in this age of pop-games like Modern Warfare and full of Need For Speeds and Halos....

is still an old group, that never seems to fail [ok, maybe Jade Empire wasn't all that, it was too easy]...great stories, lots of dialogue and huge, diverse gameplay - Bioware.

If u haven't played Baldur's Gate I & II, first Kotor, Mass Effect and first Neverwinter Nights, u wouldn't understand the hype around these guys - their games are everything a hardcore gamer needs.

So let me present you the best game of this year, for my taste - DRAGON AGE: ORIGIN. It's prolly the best RPG in years, Fallout3 isn't as nearly good, the only game comparable is Mass Effect, which is their game anyways. Even Risen isn't this good...

Check the internet, people, everybody are talking about it.

Rame
11-23-2009, 04:34 PM
I might check it out.

I'm not into RPG's though.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-24-2009, 10:52 AM
But you do know Bioware games? MDK2, Baldur's Gates I&II, Mass Effect and Kotor are all classic games in my eyes.

iOzKs0J7T4U&feature=channel

here's a dope video how can you choose in the game=) there are a lot of moments like this

Buzk
11-24-2009, 11:38 AM
ive played through the first sequence of Dragon age with a dwarf character, but because my computer is crap now, it starts lagging monkeyballs when im fighting more than 2 enemies, so cant really play it. ima definitely get it when i finally buy a ps3. Ive seen a friend of mine playing it, and the fighting system, dialog, story, everything looks so geniusly structured and polished.

Rame
11-24-2009, 12:26 PM
But you do know Bioware games? MDK2, Baldur's Gates I&II, Mass Effect and Kotor are all classic games in my eyes.

iOzKs0J7T4U&feature=channel

here's a dope video how can you choose in the game=) there are a lot of moments like this

I haven't played those games but I don't like games like Oblivion or Overlord.

I need goals to complete, I can't just walk around for hours, looking for things to do.

abanks47
11-24-2009, 01:59 PM
I started playing dwarf warrior... shit was boring as fuck. I'm disappointed that theres no VO responses like in Mass Effect. I heard that it gets much better after the starting area, but that shit made me turn this console off and take a fuckin nap

BRONZBODY
11-24-2009, 05:52 PM
dragon age is tight but it aint fuckin with demons souls when it comes to rpg's. but DA will win for best rpg of the year cus its more popular and demons souls is ps3 only.

overall GOTY is uncharted 2(imo)

shaolinsword
11-26-2009, 02:35 AM
It looks like a really good game and with Mass Effect aside their track record is amazing but does it work on a console or does it feel like a PC port?

There's a few games that deserve GOTY but unfortunately MW2 is probably going to get it

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-26-2009, 03:21 AM
it plays different on the consoles, maybe it's a little easier

now Demon's Souls, that a fucking hard game, it's normal difficulty is like hard in Dragon Age. Still, I love how much dialogue was put in DA, we rarely get games like this where NPC's actually have personalities and you can bond with them - even just for that this game is a masterpiece.

Demon's Souls is the Ninja Gaiden of 2009 RPG's tho =)

Kingkazim
11-26-2009, 12:10 PM
I think most websites wil give GOTY to uncharted 2

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-26-2009, 01:07 PM
yeah but why trust a website? everybody have their own GOTY.

mine is Dragon Age:Origin, like I said in the beginning. some people are into Uncharted 2 more, which I don't mind, it's surely even better than the first one. some are into Street Fighter 4 and some are into Left4Dead 2. Some like the hardcoreness of Demon's Souls.

....But I don't care for people that put Modern Warfare 2 before all of these before mentioned games tho. Just Uncharted 2 has better singleplayer and multiplayer.... Modern Warfare 2 will go down as the 50 Cent of gaming. Cool with the presentation, but lack any substance or hardcore material.