PDA

View Full Version : PC crashing at game start-up

Ya_Bane
11-21-2009, 02:54 PM
I think it started when I was playing Spore, the game started crashing maybe half game in, and kept crashing so I had to stop playing (just when it started to get interesting..).

Later, when I was gonna replay Sid Meiers' Pirates.. Crashing before the intro is over..

And now it's getting personal.. Dragon Age: Origins just dropped, and RPG is my shit. Been waiting for this game since Baldur's Gate 2. Yesterday I formatted the system disc and gave it a fresh start. STILL CRASHING! wtf!?

The games config said something about my monitor having old drivers, that's one thing I'd like to try. But I can't find any drivers to it. It's a Tiburon HL1700F. Not sure if that's what causes it tho...

Any ideas??

Peace

food for thought
11-21-2009, 03:16 PM
its because your computer dosent support games being played on it.

how long have u been playin games on it?

how long have u had it?

it could be that your video card dosent support games.

The games config said something about my monitor having old drivers, that's one thing I'd like to try.

this makes sense.

go to your Device Manager and update all your 'display' drivers

for the monitor, video card, anything related to video and the monitor.

reboot your computer and try the game.

it could also be that you dont enough RAM for a game, or the type of game you want to play

Ya_Bane
11-22-2009, 04:19 AM
hmmm.. It also crashes sometimes when I'm reading pdf's, like if I scroll too much in a pdf. And even while moving sliders in my browser on a few sites..

It's probably related so I don't think it's RAM that's lacking, but it could def still be the drivers. But I just reinstalled everything, and the Device Manager can't find any newer drivers..

Getting desperate, god I hate computers sometimes....

Tage
11-22-2009, 11:38 AM
If it is none of the things Food said, then you either have a hardware problem or you have an incredibly shit PC.

what spec is your computer?

Ya_Bane
11-22-2009, 11:42 AM
what spec is your computer?

Well it's not new but it should be able to handle this kinda stuff, and newer games at lower graphic settings:

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+ 1.81 GHz

1 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

Tage
11-23-2009, 12:22 PM
your CPU doesnt meet the minimum req spec for Dragon Age: Origins.

"CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.4Ghz or greater / AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8Ghz or greater" < you dont have dual core.

not sure about the others, but im guessing the majority are performance issues. you need to upgrade your CPU. in that case itll just be easier to buy a new PC.

....or get a console.

Ya_Bane
11-23-2009, 01:10 PM
your CPU doesnt meet the minimum req spec for Dragon Age: Origins.

"CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.4Ghz or greater / AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8Ghz or greater" < you dont have dual core.

not sure about the others, but im guessing the majority are performance issues. you need to upgrade your CPU. in that case itll just be easier to buy a new PC.

....or get a console.

Yeah I'm gonna buy a new one in two months. I wouldn't mind having a PS3, but I know I won't take time to play it enough to make it worth the money, even tho it's getting less expensive..

New computer tho is a given. Tho the CPU isn't my main problem here, since it seem to go for almost any game I try, and Pirates I've played on both this computer before and the one I bought 8 years ago.. So there's something else going on.

Tage
11-23-2009, 01:28 PM
the CPU is the problem for games like Dragon Age: Origins - its a brand new game.

yeah... for the other problems.., it could be that some of your memory(RAM) has died; which you can buy for real cheap now, just gotta find the right type for your motherboard.