PDA

View Full Version : Latest Possible Spoilers Regarding Thor And The Avengers

TAURO
11-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Source: AICN

* The film starts with the 6 warriors (Thor, Loki, the Warriors 3 and Sif) in Asgard, OdinHopkins on the throne, etc.

* Loki is adopted, hence the black hair.

* Loki kills his dad, usurping the throne, Thor is cast out to Earth.

* Thor lands in a desert, and is promptly run over (literally) by Natalie Portman and Stellan Skarsgard, a PhD cosmology student and her Norwegian professor, who have gone out to study though telescopes a strange cloud in the cosmos.

* When they realize that Thor is who he says he is, Stellan, who has grown up with Norse mythology, can't quite deal with it and goes out on a drinking binge.

* The script closes with a 5-page battle. The fighting styles for Thor and Loki are, as you'd expect, markedly different, Thor being very much about raw strength, Loki being much more about motion, grace and intelligence. The closing battle will be the first thing they film.

Avengers

* Loki is one of, if not the key [“Avengers”] bad guy.

* The [“Avengers”] film opens with 20 minutes of Loki basically entrapping/brainwashing Banner, and in so doing gaining control of the Hulk for his own nefarious deeds. This spurs the Avengers into existence.

If this turns out to be true then im happy, very happy in fact.

TAURO
11-26-2009, 08:45 PM
No one has anything to say on this?

Uncle Steezo
11-30-2009, 05:33 AM
ummmm.. idk
too soon for me to comment.

a lil disappointed that banner is once again reduced to a mindless thug, considering that the end of hulk hinted at him getting control of himself... but that in itself is out of character.
it will make for a good plot point.

idk man, i used to collect thor comix but until i see some action i'm just not overly hyped to see this flick. idk why but i'd have greater anticipation for something like Pym over thor.

time will tell.

Sky Blue Bally Kid
11-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah I wanna see what kind of job they do with Thor first.

Just doesn't seem right mixing the sci fi super heroes (Ironman, Hulk) with fantasy (Thor) to me.

TAURO
11-30-2009, 01:08 PM
ou guys should read this, it gives some indication of what to expect or what not to expect as the case may be.

Excerpts from the interview by Jonah Weiland for CBR:

http://www.wutang-corp.com/images/users/uploads/10616/200px-Joe_Quesada.jpgJonah Weiland: While you and Bendis were both Tweeting from LA last week, a bunch of my friends who work in Hollywood were casting a skeptical eye on "Thor." They question how the movie will be a success. We see all this excitement from you guys, which has been ramped up by your business with Kenneth this week...how can you put all those naysayers in their place and say, "This is the next Iron Man?" Are you that confident in the property?

Joe Quesada:We are incredibly confident. And there isn't much I could say to convince people beyond, "Look at these designs! Look at this script! Look at the moments in this story and tell me it won't be a huge success." But, that's obviously something I can't do, so the one thing I can say – and I've said as much to Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige – is that people are going to go into this movie with a preconceived idea about what it will be. If you're a comics fan, you'll have a preconceived notion of what you're going to get. If you're a non-comics fan, you'll have another notion of what the movie is all about. And what's really amazing is that both groups will walk away going, "I've never seen anything like this before within the super hero genre." It's so cool, and I don't want to use the word unusual, but it is unusual in the sense that it redefines what a super hero movie can be. It's not the expected story or settings. That part of it is incredibly exciting to me.

We walked through sets and saw different designs for locations and designs for costumes, and I just thought to myself, "Oh my God." It's absolutely breathtaking, and the casting is terrific on the movie. And Branagh is a joy to listen to talk story. There was a point during the discussion of the most recent draft of the screenplay where a particular plot point was put up to the group for discussion, "How should we play this one moment within the context of the story?" and Branagh and some in the group had a particular idea of how it should play, while some others felt differently. I was in the opposite camp, but as we discussed the differences, I'm sitting there listening to Branagh act out his version of the scene with gusto and passion and I had to stop him and say, "If you said to me right now, 'Then Thor kills 100 puppies in an animal shelter' I'd say it was fantastic." [Laughter] It's just magnificent hearing him talking about the story with the great love he has for the material. You don't see it quite often, but when you see it you've got to go with it.

There's not much more I can say about it than that. I'm in the room with these guys and watching the stuff happen, and it just feels and looks right, and Kenneth's excitement is infectious, and his vision brilliant. You can never really predict 100% success, but at this juncture, "Thor" does seem to have all the ingredients in place to make it huge so its foundation feels very strong to me.

Jonah Weiland: You were checking out sets - any clue as to what those sets were?

Joe Quesada:No! [Laughter] Absolutely not! But they were pretty fantastical, and some of the locations are amazing. I will say this: I'm pretty sure this will redefine how we draw a Thor comic.

I will give you a funny aside. As we were looking at some of the models for the movie, there was one particular element that we were thinking would be a great prop to bring to next year's San Diego Comic-Con, ala this past year's Hall of Armor. However, the piece was so massive in size that it was actually too large for our usual given floor space at the con.

Jonah Weiland: When you and Bendis go into these production meetings full of producers and designers and various people, what role do you guys fall into?

Joe Quesada:We're just additional idea guys and an extra set of eyes. We listen to the big ideas and story beats and play a little creative kick the can. In a lot of cases, guys like Kenneth and Kevin have been living with this screenplay for a while, so having someone with a visceral reaction who's reading and or seeing it in their minds' eye for the first time can sometimes give you a fresher perspective. Truth be told, that's what the Marvel Creative Committee is there for.

Dr. Simon Hurt
11-30-2009, 05:51 PM
lol at anticipating Pym over Thor...they'll never make an ant-man film unless it's played as a joke.

thor has the oppurtunity to be something completely new in the realm of superhero cinema.

where are those spoilers from?

TAURO
11-30-2009, 08:30 PM
^^Ain't it cool news.

Uncle Steezo
12-01-2009, 03:46 AM
lol at anticipating Pym over Thor...they'll never make an ant-man film unless it's played as a joke.

thor has the oppurtunity to be something completely new in the realm of superhero cinema.

where are those spoilers from?

well actually it would be a Giant Man flick. but anyway...
my point was that pym fits better in the marvel universe that i'm accoustomed to seeing on the big screen.

i have no idea what to expect and no frame of reference to place thor into.
i like thor alot as a character, have a solid 100 issues in my collection and keep a thor in my Alliance line up.

i guess its a fear of diasppointment. i have seen so many thor iterations turn out corny and flat. mostly due to thor's stiff and corny demeanor. shakespearian "thee" "thou" and "dost" and whatnot.

and with no "real world" marvel element to anchor this lofty tale to reality, it has the recipie for disaster.

i'm hoping for the best but am prepared for the worst.

but tell me Beta Ray makes a cameo and my dick will be hard till 2011.
(i know i know...never happen)

Dr. Simon Hurt
12-01-2009, 06:41 AM
^^^they're planning on making it giant man? they should just run the gamut of all his alter-egos and play up his insecurity and possible schizophrenia lol

the shakespearian angle is what has me interested in the film to be honest; it could fall flat though...but the visual possibilities are infinite.

Uncle Steezo
12-01-2009, 12:34 PM
yes and that (infinite possiblities)is what is keeping my ear to the ground.

downey commented on this a while back. basically saying he didn't get how a giant(pym) and norse gods flying around will fit into the ironman world.(hinting at the avenger movie) since the goal was to make ironman as realistic as possible.

like i said, i hope for the best and i will def go see it regardless of the initial reviews.
fucked up thing is, the best Thor i've seen in a movie was "Adventures in Babysitting"

LOL@ Detective Gorin
cZHPT4_0NM4

Dr. Simon Hurt
12-01-2009, 12:52 PM
^^^ya i caught that on starz or encore a few weeks ago lol
gorin's always been versatile lol

gods, giants (so they're skipping him being ant-man? meh), and iron man can meld together in an avengers film. i don't know why that's even an issue...just keep norse gods out of the iron man series and you're fine.

i knew the avengers were going to gather together because of the hulk, that was set up at the end of the norton hulk movie.

i think if the set and costume designs marry jack kirby/marvel craziness with authentic norse mythology and the feel of a shakespearian epic, then we are in for an amazing movie. branagh's never been known for visual style though, so it's probably down to the cinematographer and effects guys.

i'm glad they have marvel writers and editors sitting in on though.

TAURO
12-01-2009, 01:13 PM
I read somewhere that the gods including Thor would not be using Shakespearian talk because the logic would be that the gods would have adapted to the style of each century they are in.

As for Ant Man there has been no confirmation as to whether he is included in the Avenger line up so there is no facts, just speculation on whether or not he will be Ant man or Giant man.

Dr. Simon Hurt
12-01-2009, 02:49 PM
^^ya they ditched the faux-shakespearian dialect in the comics in the current series as well.

avengers will include the line-up from the ultimates series- cap, iron man, thor, pym/ant/giant man, hawkeye, black widow, and maybe quicksilver and scarlet witch. mark my words.

TAURO
12-01-2009, 03:01 PM
You definately won't be seeing Quicksilver and the Witch.

It's still up in the air as to whether Wasp and Pym will make an appearance, at least in the first Avenger movie anyway...we will see.

Uncle Steezo
12-01-2009, 11:08 PM
no vision?
gotta have vison.

wonderman?