PDA

View Full Version : The Official - Classic Hip Hop Drums - Thread

Shogah
11-28-2009, 08:41 AM
Post some classic drums that were heavily sampled throughout hip hop history, classics that had huge roll in hip hop.

I'll start with couple, for me, very interesting breakbeats.

xbJQT2eDseA

Most notable songs

Eminem - Kim, Dr - Dre Lyrical Gangbang,

I love how agresive these are and how they fit these two songs particularly which are high powered with energy.

ReYQ2kDbnEA

Wu Fans will love this one, Weak Spot, and more importantly Bells Of War contain this subtle drums, and many more songs by other artists. I love how rza blends this drums on a smooth song like bells of war, and combat anthem weak spot.

I'll leave the rest for you

And one more thing

If you post something, try giving at least a brief comment on it.

Don't just post Funky Drummer and leave.

LORD NOSE
11-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Don't just post Funky Drummer and leave.

that's iLL cause that's exactly what i was gonna do

Impeach The President

oDoUoSoKo
11-28-2009, 10:17 AM
8L4gITE3nUc

the most legendary

BGS
11-28-2009, 10:32 AM
wg0N5woIPPI

no words necessary

cool thread!!

oDoUoSoKo
11-28-2009, 10:49 AM
nice^

Memory Man
11-28-2009, 12:15 PM
VzX-KlMSYzY
^first sampled by ultramagnetic, used by rza a million times, used by every other hiphop producer on the planet.
fcSBTabdxmc
^first used on "nobody beats the biz" where marley made it sound so crazy that everyone just sampled the biz record instead of the original (ex: wtc ain't nut'n ta fuck wit)
z0_uMSd4xOM
^first used by paul c. for stezo, which again was sampled more than the original.
uVwwLbe-A4Y
^break @ 3:44 - i think the jbeez may have used this first for "on the run"... not sure about that. my favorite usage was on "d. original"
0OXUExJ7HiA
^not sure who got to this one first, but my favorite usage is either showbiz & ag's "still diggin" or ll's "eat em up l chill"

i'll do more later

iammzac
11-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Great thread.. impreach the president and funky drummer were the first 2 that came to mind.