PDA

View Full Version : Till The Casket Drops has reportedly leaked...

Thworldisyours
11-28-2009, 08:51 PM
It's about fuckin time...

And I aint posting no links... Google it bitches...

DirtMcgehrk
11-28-2009, 09:32 PM
YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!! Now Montezuma's Revenge needs to leak!

SilvaFistz
11-28-2009, 11:35 PM
This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 27 seconds.

^^fuck that shit!!!

cool gotta look for them now

djskillz
11-28-2009, 11:44 PM
Niiiiiiiiice.

J-DON
11-29-2009, 12:45 AM
yes it definitley has and its pretty good too i might add

whitey
11-29-2009, 01:57 AM
nothing really like hhnf.

more up tempo.

but i still like it overall. ill cosign j-dons pretty good rating.

what happend to the poor blind wreched whatever whatever track? wasnt that supposed to be on here?

Frank Sobotka
11-29-2009, 07:52 AM
This is a great album, definatly a contender for top 10 albums of 09

djskillz
11-29-2009, 03:49 PM
I didn't get the Yo Gotti track on the link I DL'ed from for some reason. Only song I wasn't feelin was Eyes on Me. Other than that great album. More up-tempo but lyrically still all there for the most part (except Eyes on Me, I couldn't stand that track). I'd say around a 3.5-4/5

whitey
11-29-2009, 08:33 PM
^yea me too. no yo gotti track.

anyone want to help some dudes out and up it?

KillahBee09
11-29-2009, 08:55 PM
heres track 4, youre all lazy fucks! http://usershare.net/9wygb6bhea49

i listened to the album twice, I like it, much different from Hell Hath no Fury, but its good, starts well and ends well with a few weak tracks here and there

UncontrolledSubstans
11-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Thought the first three tracks were dope. Dident feel the rest of the album at all.

angry!
11-30-2009, 10:58 AM
off a cpl listens this is the weakest clipse album so far!!!!!!

some of these hooks are embarassing!!!!!

the keri hilson track "eyes on me" is pathetic, any other nigga puts that on his CD and hes labeled a sellout!!!!!

pusha is real hit or miss on this, he kills some of his verses, others not so much, and malice is steady and stable!!!!!

i need to spend more time with it, "never will it stop" is fuego!!!!! thats the clipse i check for, pusha bodies that track with the delivery!!!!!

the neptunes went traditional on this, ill be back after i listen more!!!!

Thworldisyours
11-30-2009, 11:45 AM
I gotta say I am disappointed with this album... Maybe it will grow on me but I dont know...

The main reason I've always liked The Clipse (and The Neptunes) is because they had their own unique sound and style...

First time I saw this...

qimhk5OjeQQ

on BET, I was like "What the hell is that??? Turn that shit up!!!" During the Ja Rule/R&B saturated era of the mainstream hip-hop of that era, nobody had a single like that... And that's what made them stand out from the rest...

Now they are just sounding like everybody else...

And when did The Neptunes lose their "sound"???

Osi
11-30-2009, 01:27 PM
what happend to the poor blind wreched whatever whatever track? wasnt that supposed to be on here?

I know! The snippet of it sounded fuckin nasty, really disappointed not to see it on the final tracklist.

I'll have to listen a few more times til I rate it, on my first listen though it was pretty sick, probably my favourite album this year so far.

Considering how commercial this album was, I at least hope they get some good sales =\

THE MASON
11-30-2009, 03:27 PM
that Grindin video always made me laugh, got some dude at 1:15 showin off his green card or something hahahahahaha

fuckin the asian half of the neptunes pops out of nowhere on some japanimation steez hahahaha

dope track though

Monkdude
12-01-2009, 12:26 AM
very disappointing...

buckshotstheone
12-01-2009, 07:25 PM
damn ya'll are hating??? this shit is fire!

i do agree with whoever asked when the neptunes lost their "sound" cause indeed this does show a slight decline in whatever it was that made the neptunes so dope and unique but still this album is the shit! such growth and maturity on here, plus lyrical heat, plus them mainstream tracks are fabolous-level mainstream joints, it's everything you'd want in an album wrapped up in a package (haha)

they killed it

angry!
12-01-2009, 08:30 PM
^^^ i agree that theyve expanded conceptually, a lot of different themes going on track from track!!!!!!!

there were ppl asking for more than coke rap, and clipse just gave them more!!!! im a clipse fan that can listen to that conscious lyric driven coke spit all day, but its another notch on their belt thematically!!!!

they def. got the pedal to the floor moving forward so i gotta respect the progression!!!! i remember havin a hard time tellin these two apart on a track, push and mal are night and day at this point!!!! two sides of the same coin, however it lands itll work!!!!!!

whitey
12-01-2009, 10:37 PM
theres only 1 track on here thats meh. a couple of their trade mark sound type of tracks that are dope. then a handful of club bangers. shit thats not sellout at all, but is just more uptempo.

counseling is my fucking jam. that sounds nothing like hhnf but is so dope.

buckshotstheone
12-01-2009, 10:58 PM
i see people hating on the keri hilson joint, that beat is HYPNOTIC!!! the only ONLY semi-complaint i got is with "door man", joint is aight but the weakest link on an otherwise FIRE album (plus it's too long, 5 minutes, damn yall)

whitey
12-01-2009, 11:05 PM
champion is the weak link to me. the joint with keri hilson is straight.

whitey
12-01-2009, 11:08 PM
ive always been a fan of yo gotti, but he rips showing out haaaaard. good to see gotti get some (semi) mainstream shine.

Monkdude
12-02-2009, 01:58 AM
we got it for cheap vol 2 and road to the casket drops were both better

whitey
12-02-2009, 11:17 AM
so was hhnf whats your point? just because other stuff is better doesnt mean its not good.

GhettoGnom
12-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Do I entertain you motherfucker!? Well dance then bitch!

Album is heat. I'm Good & the Keri Hilson tracks are weaksauce and some hooks are off, but all in all a great album. Pusha & Malice kills it, production is great.

Not touching Lord Willin' & HHNF though.

Monkdude
12-02-2009, 11:43 AM
so was hhnf whats your point? just because other stuff is better doesnt mean its not good.

i never said it wasn't good. i said i was disappointed. malice and pusha have the talent to be top 5 rappers in this game right now. the album wasnt as good as their mixtapes, which is very disappointing because this is what rappers are really judged by. you seem to be a clipse fan, so am i. but as a big clipse fan, you aren't in the least bit disappointed? lord willin was better and HHNF was in another league than this joint. 13 tracks and not enough standouts.

too many shitty guest spots, which i never understood. i can understand the amount of guest spots on LW because they were trying to get into the game. but why do i need to see camron (who ruins popular demand with something i dont even consider a flow), kanye (who ruins kinda like a big deal), keri hilson, kenna, nicole hurst and pharell? i can live with pharell i guess though and ab liva (even though him and sandman are wack compared to push and malice but at least sandman is gone), but i dont need these wack singers and rappers are all over the album.

and dj khalil? really? and im not impressed with the neptunes production on this album. HHNF was one of the best produced albums of the decade - this is so far from that it makes me wonder if the neptunes fell off or if the clipse lost their ear for beats. i cant even get through some of these tracks to be honest.

i might still buy the album. maybe ill buy lord willin because i never actually bought it. that album actually deserves my 15.

doorman and freedom are dope. the rest are ok/shitty. i hope my opinion changes but i dont think it can ever change enough to match their previous work. whitey, have you listened to eyes on me? thats a good example of why this album is disappointing. and dont go with that uptempo bullshit excuse. wheres the wordplay? the tight neptunes production? the dope voice and flows of malice and pusha?

angry!
12-02-2009, 12:55 PM
yeah "eyes on me" is some trance bullshit, if i heard some nigga biggin that track up in person we better in the club high on coke and x!!!!!!! thats possibly the worst track ive heard from the thorton bros. pop corn bullshit to the max but i can look past it!!!!!!

they brought something different to the table, i can appreciate that!!!!!! definitely not what i was expecting, and i gotta say im not mad at that!!!!!!

tracks i dislike... "im good", "eyes on me", "champion"

all in all its a solid release and clipse enters a diff. chamber here!!!! im interested in the follow up, push and malice distance themselves from eachother artistically more each release!!!! now youre getting 2 clearly diffferent perspectives every track!!!!!

buckshotstheone
12-02-2009, 01:49 PM
i never said it wasn't good. i said i was disappointed. malice and pusha have the talent to be top 5 rappers in this game right now. the album wasnt as good as their mixtapes, which is very disappointing because this is what rappers are really judged by. you seem to be a clipse fan, so am i. but as a big clipse fan, you aren't in the least bit disappointed? lord willin was better and HHNF was in another league than this joint. 13 tracks and not enough standouts.

too many shitty guest spots, which i never understood. i can understand the amount of guest spots on LW because they were trying to get into the game. but why do i need to see camron (who ruins popular demand with something i dont even consider a flow), kanye (who ruins kinda like a big deal), keri hilson, kenna, nicole hurst and pharell? i can live with pharell i guess though and ab liva (even though him and sandman are wack compared to push and malice but at least sandman is gone), but i dont need these wack singers and rappers are all over the album.

and dj khalil? really? and im not impressed with the neptunes production on this album. HHNF was one of the best produced albums of the decade - this is so far from that it makes me wonder if the neptunes fell off or if the clipse lost their ear for beats. i cant even get through some of these tracks to be honest.

i might still buy the album. maybe ill buy lord willin because i never actually bought it. that album actually deserves my 15.

doorman and freedom are dope. the rest are ok/shitty. i hope my opinion changes but i dont think it can ever change enough to match their previous work. whitey, have you listened to eyes on me? thats a good example of why this album is disappointing. and dont go with that uptempo bullshit excuse. wheres the wordplay? the tight neptunes production? the dope voice and flows of malice and pusha?

cam'ron was a welcomed addition to that bangin' ass track.

kanye absolutely KILLED IT with that verse, that shit was fucking bananas

and yall hardcore mafuckas stay hating on that keri hilson joint but that beat is some exotic ass shit, so fly and hypnotic.

this is an ALBUM, a solid, concise, diverse, ALBUM. pushes them to a new level of dopeness

GhettoGnom
12-02-2009, 01:59 PM
and yall hardcore mafuckas stay hating on that keri hilson joint but that beat is some exotic ass shit, so fly and hypnotic.

It got nothing to do with being hardcore, it's just a weak track.

I didn't mind Cam & Kanye, but I agree some of the guests were extremely unnecessary.

Osi
12-02-2009, 02:01 PM
They've been saying all along that this album would sound a lot more commercial I don't know why everyone is so disappointed =/ Especially considering the shit that's on the radio nowadays.

Eyez On Me is growing on me too, not such a bad song I kinda like it. Never thought there was anything wrong with I'm Good. I loved HHNF, easily one of the best albums of the last decade, but there's nothing wrong with making music for the club/partying shit.

I wish I didn't play out all of the leaked tracks before the CD even came out though <_< And god damn they should've put Wretched, Pitiful, Poor, Blind & Naked on this shit

And to the dude that said Ab-Liva is wack:
C3cTV-C-8FY

He killed that

im interested in the follow up, push and malice distance themselves from eachother artistically more each release!!!! now youre getting 2 clearly diffferent perspectives every track!!!!!^Truth, used to be difficult to tell them apart, Pusha is one of my favourite emcees but Malice has sounded better lately

edit- I'm stupid, WPPB&N = Life Change

Monkdude
12-02-2009, 04:37 PM
cam'ron was a welcomed addition to that bangin' ass track.

kanye absolutely KILLED IT with that verse, that shit was fucking bananas

this is an ALBUM, a solid, concise, diverse, ALBUM. pushes them to a new level of dopeness

a new level of dopeness? "hardcore mafuckas?" really? i just like clipse. thats such a gay term. solid, concise, divervse, ALBUM? first off im not sure why youre emphasizing the world album. their mixtapes have been better than this. thats not what you want in an ALBUM. the singles on this album are so far away from the singles on the previous records, and those wack keri hilson tracks arent even singles!

second, im not sure what to make of "concise" or "diverse" and those terms seem to contradict each other, and im not even sure either of those is such a great quality for a hip hop album. if anything clipse has always been concise: "playa we we aint the same im in to cain and guns." a song like "showing out" would be a lot better if it was more concise instead of too much filler.

i want more pusha t and malice spitting, less ridiculous guess verses, shitty hooks, and wack beats playing for too long. that said i still love clipse. there are some bangers on this album, just not as many as the other two.

Thworldisyours
12-02-2009, 05:11 PM
a new level of dopeness? "hardcore mafuckas?" really? i just like clipse. thats such a gay term. solid, concise, divervse, ALBUM? first off im not sure why youre emphasizing the world album. their mixtapes have been better than this. thats not what you want in an ALBUM. the singles on this album are so far away from the singles on the previous records, and those wack keri hilson tracks arent even singles!

second, im not sure what to make of "concise" or "diverse" and those terms seem to contradict each other, and im not even sure either of those is such a great quality for a hip hop album. if anything clipse has always been concise: "playa we we aint the same im in to cain and guns." a song like "showing out" would be a lot better if it was more concise instead of too much filler.

i want more pusha t and malice spitting, less ridiculous guess verses, shitty hooks, and wack beats playing for too long. that said i still love clipse. there are some bangers on this album, just not as many as the other two.

I agree...

And I really want to like this album... I keep playing it and yeah some tracks are growing on me (i.e. Door Man, Life Changes) but it's just not that good... Couple reasons why...

(1) They really raised the bar HIGH with their previous albums and mixtapes...

(2) They release albums every THREE TO FOUR years... If this came out a year after Hell Hath, I wouldn't have been that disappointed...

(3) To the individual that said they have taken their work 'to another level', how so??? By just copying the trends and styles that others have laid down... Honestly, you could hear any number of guys on this record... It's not unique... It's not different and that's what made the Clipse stand out in the first place... (And again, you can say the same thing about the Neptunes as well...)

If this album is a success, I'm all for it. They deserve it on the strength of their previous work, but a lot of guys try to 'dick-ride' and fail with horrible results... In the end, they dont reach any new fanbase and they alienate the hardcore fans they already have...

Again, it's not a bad album... Malice kills it lyrically and there are good tracks on it... It's just not anywhere near the quality I was expecting...

I hope the next Clipse album drops before 2012 (and no, I dont believe in the doomsday prophecies that NEVER come true)...

Older God36
12-02-2009, 07:03 PM
pretty good album........dj khalil got some sick sounding bass

whitey
12-02-2009, 07:34 PM
They've been saying all along that this album would sound a lot more commercial I don't know why everyone is so disappointed =/ Especially considering the shit that's on the radio nowadays.

Eyez On Me is growing on me too, not such a bad song I kinda like it. Never thought there was anything wrong with I'm Good. I loved HHNF, easily one of the best albums of the last decade, but there's nothing wrong with making music for the club/partying shit.

I wish I didn't play out all of the leaked tracks before the CD even came out though <_< And god damn they should've put Wretched, Pitiful, Poor, Blind & Naked on this shit

And to the dude that said Ab-Liva is wack:
C3cTV-C-8FY

He killed that

^Truth, used to be difficult to tell them apart, Pusha is one of my favourite emcees but Malice has sounded better lately

edit- I'm stupid, WPPB&N = Life Change

i heard them drop the line in a song (im guessing its that one). but the beat from the early blogs didnt sound the same (to my distant recollection of the track). maybe they just took the line.

the way they were marketing the line it looked like it was going to be its own darker song. maybe they shelved it and just put the lyric in this song because the overall didnt fit the album. more of a hhnf sound is my guess, and wasnt vibing with the casket.

corky831
12-02-2009, 07:53 PM
this album is sub par.....straight up.........they need an album wit just blaze, kanye west, alchemist, or RZA beats .....they need 2 stick 2 grimyness for real......this shit sounds mad commercial

whitey
12-02-2009, 07:57 PM
something can have a commercial sound and still be good.

i would not want clipse on rza beats.

whitey
12-02-2009, 08:58 PM
this would be a "commercial" song, but is fucking fly as fuck.

8cpf8HlN6EI

i really wish that background was the album cover instead of that amateur pink photoshop they're working with now.

Meta4
12-02-2009, 10:52 PM
12/8 will tell but Malice always been my fav and yall know thats a tall hurdle to jump.

Monkdude
12-02-2009, 10:55 PM
this would be a "commercial" song, but is fucking fly as fuck.

8cpf8HlN6EI

i really wish that background was the album cover instead of that amateur pink photoshop they're working with now.

i really just disagree. song isnt that dope.

GhettoGnom
12-03-2009, 06:30 AM
this album is sub par.....straight up.........they need an album wit just blaze, kanye west, alchemist, or RZA beats

That would be wack as fuck tbh.

angry!
12-03-2009, 09:34 AM
dj khalil is that nigga right about now!!!!!

"kinda like a big deal", "there was a murder", and "footsteps" all got crazy beats!!!!! the blend of live instrumentation is crazy, this nigga is retarded dope and underrated on the boards!!!!! theres a reason dre made him a staff producer, hes able to do some amazing shit with or without samples!!!!

i love the producers they courted for this album, sean c and lv are real talents, khalil is dope, and the neptunes are legends for a reason!!!!! i wouldnt be mad at an alc track, that "lose ya life" shit is one of the hottest tracks i heard all year!!!!!!

pharell need to shut the fuck up though, its been 10 years and if anything his singing has gotten worse, my main fault with the record is sitting through contrived hooks!!!!!!!

ive listened enough to assess the record!!!! id give the edge to malice verse for verse, his content and lines are extra potent this go around!!!!!

lord willin - id give it to malice, he has a lot of cold lines that stay with you off this!!!!
hell hath no fury - edge to pusha, son blacked out and his delivery was at its peak here!!!!
till the casket drops - malice... steady, stable, and head strong!!!!! covers alot of different ground!!!!!

they both kill it though, ill be copping this to show my support despite the mango cover!!!!

buckshotstheone
12-03-2009, 09:50 AM

a mixtape isn't an album, ask fabolous about that. he always got the same problem, people dickride his mixtapes and then shit all over his albums. a mixtape is for the streets, an album is for the masses. an album is supposed to be diverse, the last thing anyone wants is 14 tracks that are all the same damn thing, that shit gets boring quick. that's why people like jay-z sell so many records because each song is its own track and collectively they create a diverse, yet concise album (hence the pairing of the two words). you want to just hear clipse spitting hot lines then bump the mixtapes, but this shit is a solid album that goes all over the place and does it quite well

adrianoter
12-03-2009, 10:02 PM
a mixtape isn't an album, ask fabolous about that. he always got the same problem, people dickride his mixtapes and then shit all over his albums. a mixtape is for the streets, an album is for the masses. an album is supposed to be diverse, the last thing anyone wants is 14 tracks that are all the same damn thing, that shit gets boring quick. that's why people like jay-z sell so many records because each song is its own track and collectively they create a diverse, yet concise album (hence the pairing of the two words). you want to just hear clipse spitting hot lines then bump the mixtapes, but this shit is a solid album that goes all over the place and does it quite well

this album got boring after the first spin, its a fucken brick, you want a good HIP HOP album, check that new Souls of Mischief shit. They should rename this Clipse album "Our Lyrical content is so last year" cos its just too little too late and they seem to be following trends rather than starting em with all their hustling bullshit raps. Kinda like a big waste of my fucken time.

Osi
12-03-2009, 11:55 PM
i heard them drop the line in a song (im guessing its that one). but the beat from the early blogs didnt sound the same (to my distant recollection of the track). maybe they just took the line.

the way they were marketing the line it looked like it was going to be its own darker song. maybe they shelved it and just put the lyric in this song because the overall didnt fit the album. more of a hhnf sound is my guess, and wasnt vibing with the casket.

Ohhh, you might be right, all I know is when I heard the original I instantly forgave them for the Keri Hilson track (which isn't that bad after all IMO)

If the Clipse hadn't dropped 2 amazing albums before this I think people would rate it higher. Their bar was just at an unreachable level after HHNF, all in all I'm liking this CD though.

whitey
12-07-2009, 11:34 AM
i've been giving this album pretty constant roto the past couple days and the songs i wasnt really feeling have defiantly grown on me. i can listen through the whole thing no skippage easy.

and the songs that i thought were dope before, have gotten even better as well. this album is a banger no doubt.

GhettoGnom
12-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Album has stayed in rotation here as well. Two weak tracks, but a great album that keeps getting better.