PDA

View Full Version : The Blakroc webisodes were alot better than the actual Album LOL

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-29-2009, 12:53 PM
I was hyped as FUCK watching al those amazing recording sessions (http://www.youtube.com/user/endlessly45) over the summer. Some of the best shit on youtube all year. The vibe sounded good, the production amazing, then you hear the some of the song at the end of the video and it sounds incredible.

Then I heard the actual album lol. Big let down.

Albums OK but it misses something, idk what exactly. But it says something when the standout guest on the whole album was Nicole Wray (imo). Most of the verses were pretty good, but the production lacked in the end for me.

The best track was Raekwons though. The worst by far was that shocking RZA track (telling me things) which is probably the worst RZA song ever released. Oh well, another mediocre rock/rap collabo.

GhettoGnom
11-29-2009, 01:01 PM
Billy Danze on What You Do To Me >>>>
Mos Def was perfect on On The Vista as well, and Pharoahe killed his verse.

I gotta say I slightly agree though. It did lack something, but it was still better than you're making it out to be.

Marlo Stanfield
11-29-2009, 01:03 PM
i agree with the threadstarter

shit was disappointing

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-29-2009, 01:23 PM
The best songs were the Q Tip one, Hoochie Coo, the Raekwon one, the Nicole Wray solo and On the Vista.

As I said Nicole Wray was the best performer on the album. Jim Jones sounded the best on their production. Monchs verse was dissapointing. Billy Danze did his thing.

But the NOE tracks were dispensible, the RZA solo was embarrasing, the other RZA track I didnt like that much and the Luda/ODB was ok but not something ill go back too.

THE MASON
11-29-2009, 01:30 PM
from what i have heard so far from this album, Mos Def is killing it with his track. That Hoocie Coo track is real dope imo, im not a fan of Jim Jones but that verse was ill.

I like Dollars n Sense, Monche has done better but still a dope verse. The Rae track is ill, one of the best i heard from it, but i havent heard the whole album yet.

ALCATRAZ
11-29-2009, 03:58 PM
shit i coulda told you that and i ain't even heard the album ... any of these projects where they get like 30 good people together to make something good usually results in garbage music ... sometimes the best of the best shouldn't be in the same studio ...