PDA

View Full Version : to be a patriot is to be an idiot?

Drunken Monk
11-29-2009, 06:20 PM
discuss

:eggy:

Prolifical ENG
11-29-2009, 06:46 PM
title edited for grammatical errors

Drunken Monk
11-29-2009, 06:49 PM
title edited for grammatical errors

thanks my bad

im learning english every day at english academy

time to time

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-01-2009, 09:35 AM
To not be a patriot is to be an idiot. A lot of people have different "ideas" of what a patriot is. However the agreed definition is....

Dictionary.com : "a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion."

If you don't love, support and are willing to defend your country..... You should get out and find a new one. Simply, we don't need you and if you don't want to be here then GTFO.

If you take advantage of your country during good times, but don't fight when it's necessary then I also say GTFO moocher.

Mr. Muhammad
12-01-2009, 02:07 PM
To not be a patriot is to be an idiot. A lot of people have different "ideas" of what a patriot is. However the agreed definition is....

Dictionary.com : "a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion."

If you don't love, support and are willing to defend your country..... You should get out and find a new one. Simply, we don't need you and if you don't want to be here then GTFO.

If you take advantage of your country during good times, but don't fight when it's necessary then I also say GTFO moocher.

Does "loving" your country mean you can't "criticize" the actions of the government...especially when they're wrong?

If I'm abducted by someone, and put in the back seat of the car...of course I don't want to be "abducted", but if my abductor is driving recklessly...I have a stake in speaking out against it...for his sake and mine.

Some of the GREATEST patriots of this nation were those who went against the "status quo", and condemned the government when its actions were unethical.

"Patriotism" is being used, these days, to bully people into submission to the status quo set up by those who want nothing but more and more power, with less and less accountability.

A True Patriot seeks what is best for the country and every single citizen. A FALSE patriot is one who seeks his own personal or political agenda, and uses "patriotism" to get everybody else to go along with it.

If you LOVE your country, don't be afraid to speak out against it when it is in error.

RM

abanks47
12-01-2009, 02:28 PM

So you feel if people do not conform to being a patriot they should find a new home?

Drunken Monk
12-01-2009, 02:48 PM
hotttttt

stll pleaze

LORD NOSE
12-01-2009, 05:56 PM

what if i came into your house and put a picture of Marcus Garvey on the wall
and made your children believe he was jesus, made you my butler, and had mulatto children with your girl, wouldn't you complain ?

theheavens
12-01-2009, 09:31 PM

if you're white, fuck you honky

if you're black... *shakes head in disappointment*

abanks47
12-01-2009, 09:38 PM

What if he's neither? how does race come into question here?

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Does "loving" your country mean you can't "criticize" the actions of the government...especially when they're wrong?

No no no, Unequivocal Support of a single president and his agenda is retarded.

Some of the GREATEST patriots of this nation were those who went against the "status quo", and condemned the government when its actions were unethical.

Co-SIGN!

"Patriotism" is being used, these days, to bully people into submission to the status quo set up by those who want nothing but more and more power, with less and less accountability.

Not all Patriotism is bad, But I agree that it is sometimes abused to bully.

A True Patriot seeks what is best for the country and every single citizen. A FALSE patriot is one who seeks his own personal or political agenda, and uses "patriotism" to get everybody else to go along with it.
If you LOVE your country, don't be afraid to speak out against it when it is in error.

RM

Co-Sign. co-sign. mutha fucking co-sign. Muhammad understands this shit.

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-01-2009, 11:52 PM
So you feel if people do not conform to being a patriot they should find a new home?

Yes.

If you are not willing to defend, support, contribute how can you expect to live their? Seriously? People fight to live in certain parts of the world. It is an expectation all citizens of the world must take up.

If your country was under attack and you COULD, but DIDN'T take up arms. Think about it. Benefit without Risk is for moochers.

Its not about "doing what bush says". It's about "taking proper action when your nation needs guidance". That's Patriotism.

Patriots will take action for what they think is best. That's why everyone should be one. The week should be cast out.

PALEFORCE
12-01-2009, 11:53 PM
last i checked the world was round

ALCATRAZ
12-02-2009, 12:01 AM
lol matisyahu

prof zooruka
12-02-2009, 12:50 AM
Im a patriot of heaven that is where my home is.

9:|6

peace be with you !

theheavens
12-02-2009, 01:30 AM
Yes.

If you are not willing to defend, support, contribute how can you expect to live their? Seriously? People fight to live in certain parts of the world. It is an expectation all citizens of the world must take up.

If your country was under attack and you COULD, but DIDN'T take up arms. Think about it. Benefit without Risk is for moochers.

Its not about "doing what bush says". It's about "taking proper action when your nation needs guidance". That's Patriotism.

Patriots will take action for what they think is best. That's why everyone should be one. The week should be cast out.

it's easier to insult a country when you're living in it, so...suck a dick

abanks47
12-02-2009, 02:08 AM
Yes.

I think that is all bullshit. What about the immigrants who are being told they are not wanted here but still do the shit no "patriot" would touch. Should they have to love, support, and defend a country with devotion where some in it don't respect or defend them? SERIOUSLY? I'm not saying I think they should leave, that's another topic entirely but I can see many situations where people should be permitted to live in the U.S. and not have to suck it's dick by being a "patriot". I for one will defend my home with my life if need be and will love my country as much as my hate fueled body will allow, but I will never support this country with devotion . I've been lied to way to often (see your 9/11 thread) and too many facts have been withheld from me to support my country with devotion. We got a pretty face in the white house now but that cat dont give a fuck about me, so i dont give a fuck about him.

abanks47
12-02-2009, 02:13 AM
This country was built on peoples backs who could barely speak the language let alone love it or defend (mu'fuckas wouldn't even fight along side other races back in the day), should they be cast away for being weak, or would you bend the rules for them? What about deaf, blind mutes who might not have a way of communicating, should they be thrown out for not giving it up to the US and being even weaker people?

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-02-2009, 02:33 AM
BEING A PATRIOT IS NOT ABOUT SUCKING DICK OF PAST/CURRENT PRESIDENTS ITS ABOUT CARING ABOUT YOUR NEIGHBORS!!!!!!!!!!
BEING A PATRIOT IS NOT ABOUT SUCKING DICK OF PAST/CURRENT PRESIDENTS ITS ABOUT CARING ABOUT YOUR NEIGHBORS!!!!!!!!!!

Your post criticizes America. When I'm talking about defending each person's OWN country. The argument of Patriotism is WORLDLY.

I think that is all bullshit. What about the immigrants who are being told they are not wanted here but still do the shit no "patriot" would touch.

1. This is about being a patriot. You must be a citizen to be a patriot.
2. You are talking about immigration, and citizenship in America.

Should they have to love, support, and defend a country with devotion where some in it don't respect or defend them? SERIOUSLY? I'm not saying I think they should leave, that's another topic entirely but I can see many situations where people should be permitted to live in the U.S. and not have to suck it's dick by being a "patriot".

3. If you suck America's dick you are not a patriot you are a cock sucker.

I for one will defend my home with my life if need be and will love my country as much as my hate fueled body will allow, but I will never support this country with devotion . I've been lied to way to often (see your 9/11 thread) and too many facts have been withheld from me to support my country with devotion. We got a pretty face in the white house now but that cat dont give a fuck about me, so i dont give a fuck about him.

4. Stay on topic. We are talking about Patriatism. If you think I'm a hypocrite start a "UC is a hypocrite thread". Throw some good points. It will be fun. But your last comment was worthless to this discussion.

=========================================
So If i am correct than....

We are not talking about immigration. We're not talking about loving the presidents cock. We're not talking about who should be a citizen. WERE TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE WHO USE THEIR NEIGHBORS WITHOUT GIVING BACK OR CARING TO GIVE BACK

FACT: People fought and DIED for the land you live on today. If you aren't prepared to defend the ground you live on THAN MOVE TO AN ISLAND AND WAIT TO BE ENSLAVED. I want the soldiers next to me.

People died for the dirt you sit on, but your apparently too good to fight. Good FUCKING luck defending your home without the support of a country. (Neighbors)

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-02-2009, 02:54 AM

I will insult a country when it deserves insulting. I think every country has room for criticism. Is there point to your post?

Oh ya i almost forgot. You wanted a guy to suck a dick.....(fag)

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-02-2009, 02:57 AM
should they be cast away for being weak, or would you bend the rules for them? What about deaf, blind mutes who might not have a way of communicating, should they be thrown out for not giving it up to the US and being even weaker people?

If a deaf patriot cant fight that's cool. I said "People who could fight" Im sure he can contribute and care about his country. So he should stay.

You are a weak person if you take from your neighbors without ever returning the favor (or you refuse to return the favor)

Hella greedy shit you are spouting.

abanks47
12-02-2009, 03:19 AM
You apparently did not read the quote you quoted:
I for one will defend my home with my life if need be
If someone tries to take my home myself and I'd imagine many others would be getting ready to fuck someone up. Just wanted to get that straight. Now we can continue.

Your post criticizes America. When I'm talking about defending each person's OWN country. The argument of Patriotism is WORLDLY.
I am not criticizing, I'm simply using it as an example. Since I live here and have only lived here, it's the only example I can use. I can't speak for the world because I'm not sure if there meaning of patriot is the same as the US or not.

1. This is about being a patriot. You must be a citizen to be a patriot.
2. You are talking about immigration, and citizenship in America.
Really, so the Native Americans, Chinese Laborers, or African Slaves could not have been patriots because they weren't citizens? I brought this up because your definition of a patriot was very straight-forward and it seemed like if you did not meet the criteria than your not a patriot, and if your not a patriot you should leave. to me that is fuckin bullshit and is related to immigration because I'm sure some immigrants love america just as much as fuckin obama, but wouldn't want to fight for it because a lot of cats don't give a fuck about them. I don't think that makes there love for there home any less important than yours just because you were born here. Also citizenship is not mentioned in the agreed upon definition.

3. If you suck America's dick you are not a patriot you are a cock sucker.
I think it's pretty apparent it was a figure of speech. Who am I to say if America has a dick or not. Might have a fuckin pussy for all I know.

4. Stay on topic. We are talking about Patriatism. If you think I'm a hypocrite start a "UC is a hypocrite thread". Throw some good points. It will be fun. But your last comment was worthless to this discussion.

I literally laughed out loud when I read this shit. This statement was in reference to:

I just wanted to make it clear to you that I would fight for my country, but how could I trust a country that doesn't trust me to walking into it's fucking grocery stores?

FACT: People fought and DIED for the land you live on today. If you aren't prepared to defend the ground you live on THAN MOVE TO AN ISLAND AND WAIT TO BE ENSLAVED. I want the soldiers next to me.

See the first comment. I told you how I feel about this already, but I wanted to point out that that is not entirely a fact. "People fought and DIED for the land you live on today. " is a fact but " If you aren't prepared to defend the ground you live on THAN MOVE TO AN ISLAND AND WAIT TO BE ENSLAVED. I want the soldiers next to me." is an opinion. Just wanted to clarify.

People died for the dirt you sit on, but your apparently too good to fight. Good FUCKING luck defending your home without the support of a country. (Neighbors)
Read my posts before you criticize what I would do and/or not do.

Funny when I was reading the agreed upon definition it said nothing about this. Thanks for telling me. I'll go give my neighbors a hug right now to show them how patriotic I am. Should I salute the flag post or pre hugging.

abanks47
12-02-2009, 03:24 AM
If a deaf patriot cant fight that's cool. I said "People who could fight" Im sure he can contribute and care about his country. So he should stay.

You are a weak person if you take from your neighbors without ever returning the favor (or you refuse to return the favor)

Hella greedy shit you are spouting.
How so, I think you are interpreting my posts inaccurately. I was simply stating a hypothetical question towards you that contradicts your definition of a patriot. I think if you love your home, and willing to do shit to the best of your abilities to help it prosper you could be considered a patriot. According to the definition they cannot be patriots.

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-02-2009, 04:11 AM
If someone tries to take my home myself and I'd imagine many others would be getting ready to fuck someone up. Just wanted to get that straight. Now we can continue.

I would let you drop. Just because I don't care about people who are selfish towards their neighbors.

I am not criticizing, I'm simply using it as an example. Since I live here and have only lived here, it's the only example I can use. I can't speak for the world because I'm not sure if there meaning of patriot is the same as the US or not.

I know you have a limited vision. However, outside of your suburb is a world where people fight for their rights, beliefs, land, and neighbors. TIP: dont use a bad example that wont help your argument

Really, so the Native Americans, Chinese Laborers, or African Slaves could not have been patriots because they weren't citizens? I brought this up because your definition of a patriot was very straight-forward and it seemed like if you did not meet the criteria than your not a patriot, and if your not a patriot you should leave. to me that is fuckin bullshit and is related to immigration because I'm sure some immigrants love america just as much as fuckin obama, but wouldn't want to fight for it because a lot of cats don't give a fuck about them. I don't think that makes there love for there home any less important than yours just because you were born here. Also citizenship is not mentioned in the agreed upon definition.

OMFG your going to say a slave is patriotic? LO FUCK L. Native Americans, Chinese Laborers, or African Slaves we're considered guests or property. Your not a Patriot for building a railroad because a whip is to your back. Your labor. Thats ALL.

I literally laughed out loud when I read this shit.

You have a personality besides short sighted hyper-sensitive black man? Could a fooled me.

I just wanted to make it clear to you that I would fight for my country, but how could I trust a country that doesn't trust me to walking into it's fucking grocery stores?
You can trust any country like you can trust a shit to smell like roses. You can be a patriot and not trust a person, group, government agency. If the Arabs at the quik-e-mart upsets you to the point you wont support your neighbors. THAT'S VERY NARROW MINDED AND IGNORANT.

" If you aren't prepared to defend the ground you live on THAN MOVE TO AN ISLAND AND WAIT TO BE ENSLAVED. " is an opinion. Just wanted to clarify.

If you don't subscribe to any country. You don't have allies. You don't have an army. YOUR ASS IS GOING TO BE TAKEN OVER.

Clearly Abanks has never been out of an American suburb.

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-02-2009, 04:14 AM
I think if you love your home, and willing to do shit to the best of your abilities to help it prosper you could be considered a patriot.

/\
|
|
That is called a "F.a.m.i.l.y."
Your not a patriot unless you care about your "C.o.u.n.t.r.y." like an extended neighbor.

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME "Defending your home makes you a Patriot."

Get your definition down.... Get your argument down.... Get your shit written down so I can argue how much you DONT KNOW

LORD NOSE
12-02-2009, 05:07 AM

you don't agree

don't be disrespectful though

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-02-2009, 05:26 AM
what if i came into your house and put a picture of Marcus Garvey on the wall
and made your children believe he was jesus, made you my butler, and had mulatto children with your girl, wouldn't you complain ?

The history of a country cannot and should not trump the notion "you should care about your neighbors today". People need to move forward when it comes to the issues of "support, defense". Otherwise you are isolating yourself and working toward xenophobic tendencies within a society.

Do you like being a part of your neighborhood? YES/NO
If you said YES than good for you.
If you said NO than I wish you the best of luck. Maybe you should move where you would like it.

Prolifical ENG
12-02-2009, 10:16 AM
If you don't subscribe to any country. You don't have allies. You don't have an army. YOUR ASS IS GOING TO BE TAKEN OVER.

There are many ethnic groups that live in Russia that don't necessarily subscribe to the country. Where they live they don't need to worry about many threats.

However in some parts of southeast asia, the national boarders are quite different than the ones drawn on even the most updated world maps. Some of the villages that reside between 2 powers pay taxes to both and have more protection.

LORD NOSE
12-02-2009, 10:32 AM
The history of a country cannot and should not trump the notion "you should care about your neighbors today".

the history of your country can determine how your neighbors view you - and treat you -

with no nation or country to call your own how much of a patriot can you be -

so patriotism is fighting and dieing for your neighbors now ?

my neighbors don't speak the same language as me - different culture - they were taught that black skin is from the devil - when one of them has a child who is to them "too dark" it's looked down on in their community - till this day - in america, i'm a foreigner

abanks47
12-02-2009, 01:00 PM
I would let you drop. Just because I don't care about people who are selfish towards their neighbors.

In what way am I selfish? If it came down to fighting would you pick and choose who you would defend?

I know you have a limited vision. However, outside of your suburb is a world where people fight for their rights, beliefs, land, and neighbors. TIP: dont use a bad example that wont help your argument

Oh lordy, now I can see. You've shown me that there is a world out there. Shut the fuck up. I'm not referencing my neighborhood I'm referencing America and I think people are stepping outside of there element if there trying to define what makes a patriot in a land where they don't know laws.

OMFG your going to say a slave is patriotic? LO FUCK L. Native Americans, Chinese Laborers, or African Slaves we're considered guests or property. Your not a Patriot for building a railroad because a whip is to your back. Your labor. Thats ALL.

Nat Turner= to patriots for some. So because a slave is a slave, they can't take pride in there work, whether or not it was forced? They had a hand in fucking building one of the greatest nations on the planet, why couldn't they feel some pride swelling for that. Not saying they would but I think it's a definite possibility. Native Americans are the fucking O.G.s of patriotism according to your dumb ass definition. Native Americans loved there land more than any other group of people I've ever read up on. They were not just labor, they were considered just labor by there "Masters" but to them and there people was a community believe it or not and they had thoughts and did things just like you and I. Some of them may have even hugged there neighbors, making them without a doubt a patriot.

You have a personality besides short sighted hyper-sensitive half black man? Could a fooled me

I fixed your statement for you. I'm half

You can trust any country like you can trust a shit to smell like roses. You can be a patriot and not trust a person, group, government agency. If the Arabs at the quik-e-mart upsets you to the point you wont support your neighbors. THAT'S VERY NARROW MINDED AND IGNORANT.

Your ignorant for assuming I was referring to Arabs. I'm making a generalization about super markets in general. If I walk into a market and am not known, I will occasionally be stared at, followed or asked to leave my bag at the door. Should I still fight with my life for the people who dont want my money?

Clearly Abanks has never been out of an American suburb.

Clearly I have not, you have my number. How do any of my posts show my social standing and the road I've traveled. you're failing to see the point that I'm trying to make. If we dont subscribe to the agreed upon definition of a patriot than we cannot be a patriot and therefore should leave our home? I say once again

FUCK THAT!!!

It's bullshit. and according to your argument all immigrants should leave. Why should immigrants be forced from there home, back to a place they don't want to be. maybe if us patriots would extend a hand they'd be patriots too and give us, there neighbors, HUGS!? maybe..hopefully...OOO I'm so excited.

I do not know what I can say that will get through to your fucking skull that I WOULD DEFENaD my country. I would take up arms and was pretty damn close to joining the military for personal reasons when the war jumped off. Don't call me selfish unless you have proof. Don't put words in my mouth because you don't know what the fuck your talking about. Dont misinterpret my posts and twist my words.

the history of your country can determine how your neighbors view you - and treat you -

so patriotism is fighting and dieing for your neighbors now ?

my neighbors don't speak the same language as me - different culture - they were taught that black skin is from the devil - when one of them has a child who is to them "too dark" it's looked down on in their community - till this day - in america, i'm a foreigner
Excellent point.

Black Man
12-02-2009, 04:38 PM

If I'm abducted by someone, and put in the back seat of the car...of course I don't want to be "abducted", but if my abductor is driving recklessly...I have a stake in speaking out against it...for his sake and mine.

RM

Peace.

It's a shame how americans know very little about their countries history and how it actually developed into the united states of america. It's a shame how americans don't know how this countries fore-fathers actually thought or their way of thinking.

The fore-fathers of america were exactly like the people american's now call terrorist.

It's crazy hearing 'americans' today talk about patriotism but there's nothing they do that actually shows they function as a patriot....at least not like the fore-fathers of this country did.

Patriots today follow what their governments says, while the patriots the established this country spoke out against the governement.

"Give me liberty or give me death"

What americans are willing to stand on this truth?

Freedom or death.....now that's revolutionary talk that's the talk of america's fore-fathers.

Black Man
12-02-2009, 04:53 PM
yes.

colored......

why should a citizen of any country simply defend support or contribute to thier country just because they live there? To do all of the above a person must be in agreement with those ideas. In the country that i live in they brag about how 'free' they are or the freedom that exist here. Freedom....the country i live in one of the fore fathers said give me liberty or give me death. I wonder if that man would say the same thing in 2009?

why should any of the indigenous people of america defend support and contribute to this country?

if your country was under attack and you could, but didn't take up arms. Think about it. Benefit without risk is for moochers.

Its not about "doing what bush says". It's about "taking proper action when your nation needs guidance". That's patriotism.

patriots will take action for what they think is best. That's why everyone should be one. The week should be cast out.

patriots take action for what they think is best (not what you think is best) and in your above statements you're already trying to define "what best for them" instead of them doing it for their own self.

Sometimes taking up arms and fighting with your country when attacked isn't always the best thing to do for the people. If that was the case there would be no united states of america.

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-02-2009, 07:11 PM

Correct, however how other people treat you should not weight on your patriotism. Otherwise it sounds like you want a perfect world. (Laughable)

Correct again but, I was explaining to Abanks how a "selfish" person is a patriot to no country because he has isolated himself in a place that "doesn't trust him" (or that's just what he thinks - the truth is another matter)

so patriotism is fighting and dieing for your neighbors now? YES! When your neighborhood is under attack and you wont fight. you are not patriotic your selfish. When some punk kids start breaking windows you organize a night-watch. THATS Patriotic. When its time to vote for someone who YOU THINK WILL BE BEST. THATS Patriotic

FACT: "you feel like a foreigner". Maybe you should move where "you dont feel like a foreigner." THAT IS THE BASE OF MY ARGUMENT. My POSTS are meant to HELP non-patriots find a place they ARE willing to support. Otherwise they will remain upset about the situation/country/neighborhood they are in. (No one should be so upset. They cannot find a common support)

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-02-2009, 07:16 PM
There are many ethnic groups that live in Russia that don't necessarily subscribe to the country. Where they live they don't need to worry about many threats.

I haven't heard of this group, and I couldn't google it. Got a link or a name or something?

However in some parts of southeast asia, the national boarders are quite different than the ones drawn on even the most updated world maps. Some of the villages that reside between 2 powers pay taxes to both and have more protection.

Aside from the first quote (which I would like to investigate). The notion "Some of the villages that reside between 2 powers pay taxes to both" shows that EVERYONE on this planet needs to "pay" for the land they live on in one way or another.

Conclusion: If you "pay to stay" and your not patriotic. Go fucking find a new home. (you will be happier, your old country will be happier, your new country will be happier) Or non-patriots can cry cry cry because the country they ARN'T WILLING TO FIX "its not perfict! Humph!"

Get a BIG box of tissues because you have a long time ahead of you in a country you don't like.

Nick Fury
12-02-2009, 07:51 PM
christ what a tool ^^^

Prolifical ENG
12-02-2009, 08:04 PM
I haven't heard of this group, and I couldn't google it. Got a link or a name or something?

There are many groups. Although 80% of Russia claim Russian identity, most places that are sparsely settled in the central and Siberian regions. You could call them many ""indigenous" groups, however because of how isolated they are in the landmass that Russia claims, they haven't been forcedly assimilated into the culture like North America. There are a few larger groups like the Buryats that enjoy some degree of political autonomy.

I dont know how patriotic each of these ethnic groups are towards Russia. Some might be and some have history like the Buryats of being "rebels". You can also google the Evenkis.

I dont want to get into distingishing "patriot" and "rebel" though since they can be similar and different.

I cant find an internet source as I read mostly in books one source: Diversity Amid Globalization: Wolrd Regions, Environment, Development pages 396-398 ISBN: 0-13-133046-2

You can also check out:

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/513251/Russia rather than wiki.

theheavens
12-02-2009, 08:21 PM
I will insult a country when it deserves insulting. I think every country has room for criticism. Is there point to your post?

Oh ya i almost forgot. You wanted a guy to suck a dick.....(fag)

I'd rather stay here and piss off retards like you. and shit on your flag

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-02-2009, 09:05 PM
I'd rather stay here and piss off retards like you. and shit on your flag

You wish you could piss me off. I wouldn't mind taking a shit on Americas flag either. I would shit all over "America's history symbolized in a single flag". Cause I Shit on things that deserve it(your posts)

Its a flag so fucking what, burn, bury it, chop it up and serve it for breakfast. I don't give a fuck. (The flag is just a flag and it is only symbolic to an "the individual" after they determined so.)

theheavens
12-02-2009, 09:09 PM
glad we have something in common: shitting on this country's flag

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-02-2009, 09:18 PM
patriots take action for what they think is best (not what you think is best) and in your above statements you're already trying to define "what best for them" instead of them doing it for their own self.

Sometimes taking up arms and fighting with your country when attacked isn't always the best thing to do for the people. If that was the case there would be no united states of america.

I use the terms "support" and "defend" very vaguely on purpose.
1. Your right about taking up arms. I did and do agree.
2. I honestly don't care if my theory supports the creation of America because its a theory about "how people should act" NOT a theory of "how to make another America"

95% of these posters think a patriot does the following....
Does whatever the President Says
Does whatever the constitution Says
Supports the history of a country
Fights in every war
Loves ALL their neighbors

95% of these posters FAIL TO REALIZE a patriot does the following....
Does what he/she thinks is best for their extended neighbors
Supports his/her extended neighbors despite historical issues
Fights in the war THEY BELIEVE is best for their extended neighbors
Loves most of their extended neighbors

95% of these posters FAIL TO REALIZE they are patriotic. Because they are happy enough, do support their neighbors and would honestly fight if a russan tank rolled through their streets

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-02-2009, 09:20 PM
glad we have something in common: shitting on this country's flag

Word.

But, you do realize your dislike for your countries faults is VERY PATRIOTIC OF YOU.

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Bla bla Bla Native American... Bla bla bla Impoverished blacks.. bla bla bla Chinese rail road workers. Cry cry cry

his or her country

How the fuck did you manage to find KTL? I'm impressed.

abanks47
12-03-2009, 02:15 AM

his or her country

How the fuck did you manage to find KTL? I'm impressed.
Well than America will be a lonely place because I do not think many fall under the dictionary.com definition of a patriot. I guess I can move to canada er something, because we should all leave right?

Devotion (Dictionary.com):
1. profound dedication; consecration.
2. earnest attachment to a cause, person, etc.
3. an assignment or appropriation to any purpose, cause, etc.: the devotion of one's wealth and time to scientific advancement.
4. Often, devotions. Ecclesiastical. religious observance or worship; a form of prayer or worship for special use.

I have a problem with the devotion aspect. A profound dedication to anything seems a bit dangerous and stupid in my opinion. Take it as you will, insult me afterwards but thats just me.

Wait, this is KTL, I fuckin just stumbled out of a box and started typing sorry about that. no but seriously why the fuck even make that comment, makes no sense what so ever.

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-03-2009, 03:07 AM
Well than America will be a lonely place because I do not think many fall under the dictionary.com definition of a patriot. I guess I can move to canada er something, because we should all leave right?

I'm saying "Move where ever the fuck you WANT to live." Jesus I'm becoming the fucking tony robbins of this thread just trying to break it down for the simple folk.

Devotion (Dictionary.com):
1. profound dedication; consecration.
2. earnest attachment to a cause, person, etc.
3. an assignment or appropriation to any purpose, cause, etc.: the devotion of one's wealth and time to scientific advancement.
4. Often, devotions. Ecclesiastical. religious observance or worship; a form of prayer or worship for special use.

This is exactly the problem. Your short-sightedness has taking definitions literally to the word. And you don't see anything wrong with this? I do, Its very narrow minded.

Wait, this is KTL, I fuckin just stumbled out of a box and started typing sorry about that. no but seriously why the fuck even make that comment, makes no sense what so ever.

Dont say "i think a slave is patriotic cuz they built the country" when EVERYONE and their grandma knows a patriot must be a citizen first. Sure a slave, can ACT patriotic - but why the fuck are you even talking about slaves. I just dont like re-posting the same definition because you want to talk about slaves.

If I have to keep re-posting definitions, you will keep surprising me with your ability to remember a username and password. THATS why I made that comment

abanks47
12-03-2009, 03:35 AM
I'm saying "Move where ever the fuck you WANT to live." Jesus I'm becoming the fucking tony robbins of this thread just trying to break it down for the simple folk.

This is exactly the problem. Your short-sightedness has taking definitions literally to the word. And you don't see anything wrong with this? I do, Its very narrow minded.

I think its very unfair of you, someone who is in no position to state who and who isn't a patriot to go on ahead and state that someone cannot be a patriot because there not a citizen. Whether it be a slave or an immigrant. The definition that you posted O so many times says nothing about a persons citizenship, thats some shit that you just pulled out of your fucking ass, You say everyone knows this but I didn't and no one else mentioned it in this thread but you. I want to live in America but I don't think it's necessary to be a patriot in order for it to run successfully and efficiently. and forgive me for taking definitions literally. I thought that definitions of words, were word's defining points, broken down so that we could understand what a word meant. Meh I could be wrong, I seemed to have been wrong all the other times I posted.

Dont say "i think a slave is patriotic cuz they built the country" when EVERYONE and their grandma knows a patriot must be a citizen first. Sure a slave, can ACT patriotic - but why the fuck are you even talking about slaves. I just dont like re-posting the same definition because you want to talk about slaves.
I'll say whatever the fuck I want, because I live in America, land of the free. that also means if i choose to not be a flag waving patriot that I can still live here and have the same rights you do.

http://www.orlandogopconnection.com/Troop%20Salute%20Flag%20Waving.gif
Go on shed a tear.

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-03-2009, 04:42 AM
There are many groups. Although 80% of Russia claim Russian identity, most places that are sparsely settled in the central and Siberian regions. You could call them many ""indigenous" groups, however because of how isolated they are in the landmass that Russia claims.

No Wucorp member would seriously consider a herding lifestyle. Kinda reaching there....

Anyway lets get to the meat. They are tied to Russia's currency and will. Despite "feeling like their not a part of the Russian federation"

The Isolationists have a moving home(that follows their herds). But they also have their own "Isolationist" Buryat rulebook where they expect "charity to the needy".

The notion that Abanks could relate to a "Siberian Nomad" more than his actual neighbors is not very credible.

Whoever feels so isolated they cannot relate to their neighbors would be a depressed mother fucker. And I would sincerely feel sorry for that person/people.

I dont know how patriotic each of these ethnic groups are towards Russia. Some might be and some have history like the Buryats of being "rebels". You can also google the Evenkis.
I would consider this similar to a state-nation patriotism discussion?? If California had some type of beef with the larger rest of America. Than each Individual in California(and Buryat) would need to decide if they are a citizen of America(Russia) or a citizen of California(Buryat). Its up to the individual if dual-citizenship is a possibility. Patriots of both sides would/should exist.

I dont want to get into distingishing "patriot" and "rebel" though since they can be similar and different. Yes, i have been trying to get people to accept the possibility that a "rebel" could be patriotic but they have very thick skulls.

Thanks for the intelligent and evidence backed response.

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-03-2009, 06:53 AM
I think its very unfair of you, someone who is in no position to state who and who isn't a patriot to go on ahead and state that someone cannot be a patriot because there not a citizen. Whether it be a slave or an immigrant.

Hahahaha Ok - Sure - Fine. We will move into the figurative definition of "Patriot" and include people who love, support, defend their whip-carrying slave owners.
-To those dumb niggas I say "Run where they wont find you! They are not your friends and they have proven they dont love,support,defend you!"

You say everyone knows this but I didn't and no one else mentioned it in this thread but you. ,
I cannot believe you are such a big fat fucking idiot you think a patriot doesn't need a country to support.

I want to live in America but I don't think it's necessary to be a patriot in order for it to run successfully and efficiently.
If you live in America I think you do NEED to be a patriot. Otherwise your an isolated individual who doesn't care for your neighbors.

thought that definitions of words, were word's defining points, broken down so that we could understand what a word meant.
You know how to look up the word "definition" but you we're unable to see it in more than one context.

I'll say whatever the fuck I want, because I live in America, land of the free. that also means if i choose to not be a flag waving patriot that I can still live here and have the same rights you do.

Dude, I'm not going to change the law but I would if I could. Does my point of view upset your measly little ass-hole that much?

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-03-2009, 06:57 AM
Go on shed a tear.

I honestly think your swollen eyes would shed less tears if you lived in Africa. But you want to be a cry baby.

abanks47
12-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Hahahaha Ok - Sure - Fine. We will move into the figurative definition of "Patriot" and include people who love, support, defend their whip-carrying slave owners.
-To those dumb niggas I say "Run where they wont find you! They are not your friends and they have proven they dont love,support,defend you!"
Nothing for me to battle here, all ignorant bullshit. make a point or don't quote me. Just to name a few former slave patriots you may want to read up on Frederick Douglass (first patriotic act- whipped his slave owner), Harriet Tubman (If you don't know some of the things she did, jump off a building dumb bitch), Nat Turner (Led the biggest slave rebellion in US history), Booker T Washington (helped in the advancement of black education). Cant forget about Cinque, he'd slash your fuckin throat if he knew you were talking this bullshit.

How about blacks immediately after the emancipation? Since they are now technically citizens should they now be patriots in a land that literally taunts, abuses and murders them for fun and for being slightly different. Fuck that, I think there hatred for there country, if it existed, was justified and they have the right to live in this country just as much as George Washington.

I cannot believe you are such a big fat fucking idiot you think a patriot doesn't need a country to support.
don't want to sound like a corny bitch but home is where the heart is fag, I mention again and will continue to mention slaves. some fought along side people who would normally spit on them, rape there fam, and kill there brothers to protect there home. if thats not patriotic than fuck it ill drink some bleach.

If you live in America I think you do NEED to be a patriot. Otherwise your an isolated individual who doesn't care for your neighbors.
I'm glad you just think this and it's not a fact because people know how fucking dumb this shit is. I love my neighbors and don't consider myself a patriot and I'm not an isolated person. Depends on how you define isolated but I don't think so. Checkmate, you lose.

You know how to look up the word "definition" but you we're unable to see it in more than one context.
I take words at there literal forms, is this a crime? If you want to explain patriot to me in the most complex and detailed way, please do so. I will read it and possibly agree with it.

Dude, I'm not going to change the law but I would if I could. Does my point of view upset your measly little ass-hole that much?
Why not ask Obama? he listens to you right? go on ask him, im sure he'll agree and say you know what you're right, lets take people's rights away for being different and having opposing views. You two will hold hands and skip together with flags on your lapels.

I honestly think your swollen eyes would shed less tears if you lived in Africa. But you want to be a cry baby.
You know i have been considering a change of scenery, maybe I might. If it will clear these darn eyes up..... you're gayness gets in the way of your posts being funny. my evidence

Anyway lets get to the meat.
You want to get to meat like a typical gay. bishop takes king faggot. I win.

Prolifical ENG
12-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Whoever feels so isolated they cannot relate to their neighbors would be a depressed mother fucker. And I would sincerely feel sorry for that person/people.

Thats true. However they may be isolated to some geographical standards, they still have their neighbors and within themselves have a functioning society hence may not be depressed as we think. Dont know what the currency situation works either. They may not be using hard currency as much as some places.

Moreover, some people are more patriotic towards a municipality or province/state before a nation. They can all tie in together but some choose the local first.

Your short-sightedness has taking definitions literally to the word. And you don't see anything wrong with this? I do, Its very narrow minded.

Its nice to see some in KTL not taking precisely defined conceptual definitions literally as some definitions change over time.

theheavens
12-03-2009, 05:27 PM
nobody in their right mind would be a patriot of this country...

Mormonism

NAMBLA (north american man-boy love association) -- yes, retard, it's real

ypu. pure american-made

Shogah
12-03-2009, 06:07 PM
To be patriot is to be a good and rational man, a man who knows where he is coming from, and knows where he is going.

And one thing, very clever thought by the way, that i heard somewhere.

You should patriot when you're abroad, in other country, by being decent and civilized, everybody can be patriots in their own country, but not anyone can be real patriot in other countries.

I've seen, many english man, and americans stumbling around my city drunk and drugged not knowing what they are doing. That's no patriotism.

To be a patriot is to know your history, and to know how to represent yours when at other people's soil.

And yeah history of your nation should be more than 2 centuries long, to know what real patriotism is.

Yep americans, i'm aiming at you.

PALEFORCE
12-03-2009, 06:11 PM
it dont matter americans

in the next 2 years there is going to be rolling blackouts, the dollar wont be able to buy shit, and the ammo is not going to be restocked.

your on your own.

better read a book on how to trap and butcher an animal or how to grow crops and purify water

or you could just go to the government camp

Drunken Monk
12-03-2009, 06:56 PM
post is fireeeee

PALEFORCE
12-03-2009, 08:38 PM
and when everybodys wealth is wiped out guess who is going to be buying shit for pennies on the dollar?

and this time it is a GLOBAL DEPRESSION

get a water pruifier that doesnt rely on water pressure

power outages are coming in america

the grid is over taxed

and its planned

first its just going to be a few hours

then a few hours every day

hey no power, cuz we are the government we are declaring a national emergency, and we are declaring martial law temporarily and all you people will be begging yea! yes! martial law please do something

PALEFORCE
12-03-2009, 09:27 PM
70G7hQov6dI

EAGLE EYE
12-03-2009, 10:19 PM
and when everybodys wealth is wiped out guess who is going to be buying shit for pennies on the dollar?

and this time it is a GLOBAL DEPRESSION

get a water pruifier that doesnt rely on water pressure

power outages are coming in america

the grid is over taxed

and its planned

first its just going to be a few hours

then a few hours every day

hey no power, cuz we are the government we are declaring a national emergency, and we are declaring martial law temporarily and all you people will be begging yea! yes! martial law please do something

A water purifier like that is actually a good thing to have on hand regardless of all the future predictions you stated. A natural disaster usually puts things in perspective. I once went two straight weeks without power way back in the day because of a massive ice storm. Luckily myself, old man, relatives and family friends have experience pertaining to wilderness survival, hunting, growing crops on a small scale and building houses/shelter etc.

and for those super suburban families or project people that panic just thinking about living off the land.. good luck @ camp.

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Nothing for me to battle here, all ignorant bullshit. make a point or don't quote me. Just to name a few former slave patriots you may want to read up on Frederick Douglass (first patriotic act- whipped his slave owner), Harriet Tubman (If you don't know some of the things she did, jump off a building dumb bitch), Nat Turner (Led the biggest slave rebellion in US history), Booker T Washington (helped in the advancement of black education). Cant forget about Cinque, he'd slash your fuckin throat if he knew you were talking this bullshit. How about blacks immediately after the emancipation? Since they are now technically citizens should they now be patriots in a land that literally taunts, abuses and murders them for fun and for being slightly different. Fuck that, I think there hatred for there country, if it existed, was justified and they have the right to live in this country just as much as George Washington. don't want to sound like a corny bitch but home is where the heart is fag, I mention again and will continue to mention slaves. some fought along side people who would normally spit on them, rape there fam, and kill there brothers to protect there home. if thats not patriotic than fuck it ill drink some bleach.I'm glad you just think this and it's not a fact because people know how fucking dumb this shit is. I love my neighbors and don't consider myself a patriot and I'm not an isolated person. Depends on how you define isolated but I don't think so. Checkmate, you lose.
I take words at there literal forms, is this a crime? If you want to explain patriot to me in the most complex and detailed way, please do so. I will read it and possibly agree with it.
Why not ask Obama? he listens to you right? go on ask him, im sure he'll agree and say you know what you're right, lets take people's rights away for being different and having opposing views. You two will hold hands and skip together with flags on your lapels.
You know i have been considering a change of scenery, maybe I might. If it will clear these darn eyes up..... you're gayness gets in the way of your posts being funny. my evidence
You want to get to meat like a typical gay. bishop takes king faggot. I win.

BUWHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHA

When you use LOTS of WORDS with no POINT that's RELEVANT to this TOPIC. People will realize you are off your rocker.

I told you already "Your history should not determine how you treat people today".
and your argument is still "1st president owned slaves and that HURTS me SO MUCH, I cannot relate to my neighbors"

Correct me if Im wrong, but it sounds like in 4th of July on 1777 you wanted. Abolish Slavery, Reparations, Stop Persecuting Gays, Stop DOING ANYTHING YOU DIDN'T LIKE

your mind must be narrower than a needle

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Thats true. However they may be isolated to some geographical standards, they still have their neighbors and within themselves have a functioning society hence may not be depressed as we think. Dont know what the currency situation works either. They may not be using hard currency as much as some places.

I will take a Buddhist approach to this one.

YING: If near-by Russia was willing to make friends than ya they should be patriotic. (Russia is responsible for the land and has rightfully been protecting it from "international harm". Maybe these isolated people should show a little respect? A little is all I would ask. It shouldn't be so hard to "care")

YANG: If near-by Russia was not willing to make friends than I could see a lot of "patriotism" shrink to a local level. YES. If you ONLY identify with ONLY your block and feel like it is your "Nation" (which is really really sad) you might be considered a Patriot. However, for the most part every citizen has been benefiting from the cooperation of their neighbors (ex: taxes from all citizens). And I hope they can open their eyes relating with people who are 95% like them, maybe 85%, maybe 50%. But All of which have the responsibility to participate in thier union

Do you care about the union your neighbors have? No. So Sad.... Stop taking from them and move to Siberia where you can trade sheep skins and finally Cooperate in a union with your neighbors. That would make a happier world(you) wouldn't it?

UC's guide to becoming a PAT
Step 1. Figure out which nation your supporting
Step 2. Support it in they way you feel is best for the people in it(A Country is NOTHING without its people thats why "the people" are who you should care, support, defend)

Prolifical ENG
12-04-2009, 09:51 AM
I will take a Buddhist approach to this one.

YING: If near-by Russia was willing to make friends than ya they should be patriotic. (Russia is responsible for the land and has rightfully been protecting it from "international harm". Maybe these isolated people should show a little respect? A little is all I would ask. It shouldn't be so hard to "care")

Who knows, some probably do show respect if they were respected. On the other hand there is Chechnya on the opposite end. I like Russia as an example...it has all spectrums of patriotism.

Do you care about the union your neighbors have? No. So Sad.... Stop taking from them and move to Siberia where you can trade sheep skins and finally Cooperate in a union with your neighbors. That would make a happier world(you) wouldn't it?

I don't know if that was supposed to be directed at me but I don't think I've implied anything that suggests thats my stance but its far from it. There are some that might be happier trading skins in Siberia (if that's what they do) than where they currently are. Why they don't move there? Several reasons. Perhaps patriotism isnt the next life value after food clothing and shelter. Or maybe its how...they dont know how to move to Siberia, pitch a tent on some land and "try" to be accepted by the neighbors.

Overall Im can be considered a patriot to my nation. I even added a Canadian flag to the WTC smilies a few weeks back. :can: Of course some use it jokingly and randomly because its there but nevertheless I put it in the database.

Drunken Monk
12-04-2009, 07:59 PM
keep fire

abanks47
12-04-2009, 10:58 PM
When you use LOTS of WORDS with no POINT that's RELEVANT to this TOPIC. People will realize you are off your rocker.

You seem to be the only one having an issue with my standpoint. I don't have an issue with yours accept for you thinking people should leave there homes for not wanting to defend it. Me using more and more words is simply me trying to get my OPINION across to you so you can respect it but you seem to be on some other shit so fuck it.

I told you already "Your history should not determine how you treat people today".
and your argument is still "1st president owned slaves and that HURTS me SO MUCH, I cannot relate to my neighbors"
You cannot be more wrong with the above statement. My history does not affect how i treat people today, in any way shape or form (maybe a bit distrustful of cops but another topic). I never said I couldn't relate to my neighbors, in fact I took your comments and ran with them. I'm currently setting up a date where for one hour straight I will hug my neighbors, because that's what its all about right? I do not consider myself a patriot because of the current government and the lies it tells. Not the lies 400 years ago just to be clear the lies in the last decade.

Correct me if Im wrong, but it sounds like in 4th of July on 1777 you wanted. Abolish Slavery, Reparations, Stop Persecuting Gays, Stop DOING ANYTHING YOU DIDN'T LIKE

OK......YOUR FUCKING WRONG DUMB BITCH. Never said it so don't assume I did.

Do you not see how some blacks don't consider 4th of July there independence day? when that day came into affect, it took nearly 100 years for them to become free. I think people are justified if they choose not to celebrate for the fact that there people were in chains when that day happened.

your mind must be narrower than a needle
My mind is narrower than a needle? really....that's the best you can come up with. Thats just terrible. Good day to you sir.

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Abanks, the lack of "content" in your latest "responses" is getting out of hand.

SOMEHOW, you think Replying to my one-liner insults is worth anything. You should really ignore those if you want to make a point.

ITs time to show some respect to KTL.

I am sincere. I can tell there is nothing in your post except disagreements with me. These disagreements have boiled down to childish Jabs (Drunkn Monk thinks it's hott, but its becoming hollow in content)

Thus. I challenge you to argue an intelligent point.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I want you to TRY TO CONVINCE ME my point is wrong. That's right. "CONVINCE ME". I have been trying to CONVINCE YOU and you do nothing to CONVINCE ME.

IF you change my mind. That's how you really "win". IF I AM TOO THICK-SKULLED TO ARGUE INTELLIGENTLY WU CORP WILL JUDGE ME.

I want to learn from your "passion" but I CANNOT DECIPHER YOUR SCATTER-SHOT POSTS.

--Sincerely, Confused in SF

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-05-2009, 11:04 AM
I don't know if that was supposed to be directed at me but I don't think I've implied anything that suggests thats my stance but its far from it. There are some that might be happier trading skins in Siberia (if that's what they do) than where they currently are. Why they don't move there? Several reasons. Perhaps patriotism isnt the next life value after food clothing and shelter. Or maybe its how...they dont know how to move to Siberia, pitch a tent on some land and "try" to be accepted by the neighbors.

It is directed at everyone to consider.

You: Perhaps patriotism isn't the next life value after food clothing and shelter.
I SERIOUSLY disagree. On this simplified argument.

If patriotism is the care of the fellow man. How could anyone see "that" as a low priority.

A child is wandering your streets (How fucking busy are you to HELP?!?!?!)
A woman is being attacked in the street (How fucking busy are you to HELP?!?!?!)
A man is bleeding on your doorstep (How fucking busy are you to HELP?!?!?!)
A starving family needs a loan till payday (How fucking busy are you to HELP?!?!?!)

That is why I have THE LOWEST opinion of non-patriots. THEY CANT EVEN RELATE TO THEIR NEIGHBORS. OTHERWISE THERE IS NO WAY THEY WOULD LET THOSE THINGS HAPPEN. NO WAY.

Prolifical ENG
12-05-2009, 03:35 PM
If patriotism is the care of the fellow man. How could anyone see "that" as a low priority.

Looks like we are getting to extreme cases now.

It depends how low it is. If its that high in the values, instead of relaxing on the weekend after a weeks work. Do you volunteer on the weekends to clean up the neighborhood? If you do then I think very highly of you. If you have a very low opinion of anyone who doesnt volunteer then theres another problem.

There are many people that see all 4 of those examples several times a week. If it happened on a rare occasion, even the less patriotic people will help.

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Looks like we are getting to extreme cases now.

It depends how low it is. If its that high in the values, instead of relaxing on the weekend after a weeks work. Do you volunteer on the weekends to clean up the neighborhood? If you do then I think very highly of you. If you have a very low opinion of anyone who doesnt volunteer then theres another problem.

There are many people that see all 4 of those examples several times a week. If it happened on a rare occasion, even the less patriotic people will help.

You want me to draw a line on where "care" starts and stops. So I will.

When someone is "attacked" and needs defense that is a clear time to act.
When there is a 7/11 cup and condoms littering your street, that is not a "major" priority. Im sure some dumb stuck-up bitch is crying.

But AS PATRIOTS, WE MUST BE ABLE TO THINK CRITICALLY ON WHEN SOMETHING IS IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO CARE SUPPORT AND DEFENSE of the people

Maybe next time we as citizens can stop throwing our whore condoms into the streets and put them in our pocket till we find a trash. (This action technically could be patriotic, but its a sad example when people's ability to figure out what is worth "caring, supporting, defending")

That's all. As long as the individual thinks they are honestly contributing. (Personally, I contribute in my own ways. BUT I DON'T NEED TO SHOVEL SOUP OR SUPPORT MY GOV TO BE A PATRIOT. ) Those two points are specific examples people will use to argue against the core of patriotism.

My universal NON-LITERAL definition....

Patriotism is the individual's honest intention to contribute to their contemporary local union of support.

Prolifical ENG
12-05-2009, 09:20 PM
But AS PATRIOTS, WE MUST BE ABLE TO THINK CRITICALLY ON WHEN SOMETHING IS IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO CARE SUPPORT AND DEFENSE of the people

Thats true, it goes back to one of your earlier posts in this thread where you stated that many people are more patriotic than they think through those types of actions.

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Thats true, it goes back to one of your earlier posts in this thread where you stated that many people are more patriotic than they think through those types of actions.

I really think a Soup Kitchen worker can be patriotic.
A man who pulls over to help someone with a flat can be patriotic.
Someone who drops stupid shit to keep the peace in the neighborhood can be Patriotic.
Someone who DOESN'T drop RELEVANT shit even if it means "not keeping the peace" can be Patriotic.

I knew a chick last year who was collecting Obama welfare checks.(when she had the work experience, educational background, and the looks to get a job ~ She was treating it like a vacation)

OMFG I had to set that non-patriotic bitch straight!

Visionz
12-06-2009, 05:12 AM
I see patriotism as something closely related to nationalism and I find them both to be archaic modes of thought. There is one earth, there is one human race. Anything I do to make this world or my spot here in Austin Texas better doesn't have anything to do with this country, it has to do with my humanity and my awareness of the human spirit. I would be this way no matter where I was at but here is where I happen to be.

Mumm Ra
12-06-2009, 05:21 AM
preach

abanks47
12-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Abanks, the lack of "content" in your latest "responses" is getting out of hand.

SOMEHOW, you think Replying to my one-liner insults is worth anything. You should really ignore those if you want to make a point.

ITs time to show some respect to KTL.

I am sincere. I can tell there is nothing in your post except disagreements with me. These disagreements have boiled down to childish Jabs (Drunkn Monk thinks it's hott, but its becoming hollow in content)

Thus. I challenge you to argue an intelligent point.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I want you to TRY TO CONVINCE ME my point is wrong. That's right. "CONVINCE ME". I have been trying to CONVINCE YOU and you do nothing to CONVINCE ME.

IF you change my mind. That's how you really "win". IF I AM TOO THICK-SKULLED TO ARGUE INTELLIGENTLY WU CORP WILL JUDGE ME.

I want to learn from your "passion" but I CANNOT DECIPHER YOUR SCATTER-SHOT POSTS.

--Sincerely, Confused in SF
Who am I to attempt to change someones opinions, views or thoughts. If you want to think that way that's fine. I am not trying to convince you I just think that you should respect others opinions if they started out respecting yours. The only problem I have is your views on people leaving if they are not patriotic. You are proposing that a group of people, because they are different and have views that are not similar to yours, should leave the country. If you honestly do not see an issue there than you sir should be exiled. I feel that a country does not need to be patriotic in order for it to flourish.

To put it simply, I am not a patriot. I do not do the things you state out of love for my country but out of love for my fellow people, regardless of there background, race, religion, or orientation. I'd do the shit if I was in another country, so why should I take on a title that would relate it to me loving my country more than another person.

If there were two men hanging from a cliff, one American and another Canadian, out of patriotic love would you feel obligated to save the American first?

I also don't see where the hate is coming from against my posts. You hate on my shit, I will return the favor. Plain and simple. It's all good no hard feelings and apologies for the late response.

abanks47
12-09-2009, 12:09 AM
I see patriotism as something closely related to nationalism and I find them both to be archaic modes of thought. There is one earth, there is one human race. Anything I do to make this world or my spot here in Austin Texas better doesn't have anything to do with this country, it has to do with my humanity and my awareness of the human spirit. I would be this way no matter where I was at but here is where I happen to be.
Pretty much how I feel, probably should have read all the posts before responding.

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-09-2009, 05:14 AM

Very worldly of you Visionz,
I have a very similar thought and sometimes I feel like I can relate with someone in a third-world country more than I can relate with the typical American. When worst comes to worst the starving come first. I would rather donate money towards curving starvation verse over-funding a local school.

And my argument for maintaining my patriotism. "Investing in the people of the world is part of a long-term greater importance and thus higher a priority amongst your local community." Who is anyone to judge me when I think Investing in the poor of the world will have a greater impact than funding a local school beyond minimal necessity.

I honestly think my neighbors (and extended neighbors/country) would benefit from my concern of the worlds people. Thus my patriatism is still red,white,blue

UnequivocallyCorrect
12-09-2009, 05:44 AM
Who am I to attempt to change someones opinions, views or thoughts. If you want to think that way that's fine.

why would you criticize if you aren't willing to continue the debate beyond that?

The only problem I have is your views on people leaving if they are not patriotic. You are proposing that a group of people, because they are different and have views that are not similar to yours, should leave the country. If you honestly do not see an issue there than you sir should be exiled. I feel that a country does not need to be patriotic in order for it to flourish.

I bolded your text so you can see the hypocritical stance you take. Besides you disproving your own point I want to be clear "I think people who don't like where they live(and their neighbors) should leave because they will be happier somewhere else" So if you want to "disagree" with my point than look to the previous sentence on my ACTUAL stance. It also has NOTHING to do with thinking your neighborhood is better than another.

To put it simply, I am not a patriot. I do not do the things you state out of love for my country but out of love for my fellow people, regardless of there background, race, religion, or orientation. I'd do the shit if I was in another country, so why should I take on a title that would relate it to me loving my country more than another person.

I'm not sure who these "PEOPLE" your help are. Because if their AMERICANS (because you rarely leave your small county) than I'm going to call you a patriot.

I know you think a patriot supports a nation. But I'm not sure what you think MAKES UP A NATION.

If there were two men hanging from a cliff, one American and another Canadian, out of patriotic love would you feel obligated to save the American first?

That is A TERRIBLE scenario of care,support,love of ones neighbor. Here's why....

EX: If the American is my Wife, and the Canadian is my Adopted Daughter(Don't I care,support,love both?) And I knew my Wife would sacrifice herself for our daughter (Don't I care,support,love my daughter?). But me and my daughter got her adoption papers and the medical examination said the young girl had cancer and would die in a few years.(Don't I care,support,love my wifer?)

Patriotism has no relevance in saving lives! That a sick nationalist. Almost racist understanding. I think only 2-3% of people share that point of view. Almost like your arguing a patriot thinks an American is worth more than a European. You CANT think that's what a true patriot thinks! is it?

I also don't see where the hate is coming from against my posts. You hate on my shit, I will return the favor. Before you stopped PRESENTING A CONVINCING ALTERNATIVE OPINION. So I needed to poke the newest one out of you.