PDA

View Full Version : Anybody herd the new gucci mane?

Older God36
12-02-2009, 09:21 PM
?????????????

Twiztid-Wutang
12-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Theres many things in my life I would like to do before I hear a single Gucci mane album.

Get anally raped by a crucifix coated in salt and alcohal

Get mouth fucked by a herppe infested Mr marsus

Slit my dick in half and fuck a bottle of vodka.

Then Id listen to Gucci Mane

Older God36
12-02-2009, 09:59 PM
hahaha ill admit its not the greatest shit of all time but it bangs in the whip and its usually pretty funny

5hundred&one
12-02-2009, 10:47 PM
hahaha ill admit its not the greatest shit of all time but it bangs in the whip and its usually pretty funny

it's amazing how this explanation goes over every backpacker's head.

FUNNY RAP MUSIC!?!???1

http://www.insidesocal.com/tv/5312.jpg

yes faggit, funny rap music that makes the earth shake when you stop at a red light, is it really that hard to understand why people would want to listen to that? or is the concept of playin music because it's fun to listen to just completely lost on you?

Older God36
12-02-2009, 11:54 PM
word

Older God36
12-02-2009, 11:57 PM
hip hop is aloud to be fun still........it aint always about whos the dopest lyricist and a dj premier beat......i like to have fun....have any of you ever danced in the club with a bitch to some lil wayne or some shit?????? maybe not.....too busy on the wu forums reppin shaolin til the day you die...............right

angry!
12-03-2009, 12:04 AM
hip hop is always gonna allowed to be fun!!!!!

but i wasnt having fun when silk the shocker used to leak outta speakers, and im not havin fun when this retarded nigga gucci leaks outta some bums astro van!!!!!!

i fuck with dope boy music too, but theres too many acts before him that deliver his whole package and presentation better!!!!!

they fall in love with the image and back story, his popularity is gonna blow over like a skirt in the wind and niggas are gonna revise history and claim they were never into him!!!!

seen it once, seen it twice, seen it too many times to remember!!!!!

Older God36
12-03-2009, 12:12 AM
yeah i hear that....im mostly lookin for some new whip music but i got that new clipse now so im good for a bit.....and i dont know about you but i think i had some fun with all those no limit hits back in the day.......same with the cash money ones......same with alot of hip hop.....im open to any hip hop really alot of it is shit....usually only 3 or 4 good songs on an album nowadays.......some of those beats just bang so hard!

ALCATRAZ
12-03-2009, 12:15 AM
http://www.radricdavis.com/images/gucci_mane_trap_house.jpg

gucci!

Older God36
12-03-2009, 12:17 AM
haha exactly the reason he spends more time in a jail cell than in the kitchen

ALCATRAZ
12-03-2009, 12:18 AM
bought a old school den i sat it on 6's

Older God36
12-03-2009, 12:20 AM
haha his rhymes are catchy and somewhat abstract being that hes always fucked up

EAGLE EYE
12-03-2009, 01:10 AM
http://www.radricdavis.com/images/gucci_mane_trap_house.jpg

gucci!

This should be on the cover of TIME magazine.

g_flex
12-03-2009, 01:41 AM
hip hop is aloud to be fun still........it aint always about whos the dopest lyricist and a dj premier beat......i like to have fun....have any of you ever danced in the club with a bitch to some lil wayne or some shit?????? maybe not.....too busy on the wu forums reppin shaolin til the day you die...............right

of course it isnt, i take my bitch to some house/trance music clubs...fuck a gucci mane...

SL33
12-03-2009, 05:12 AM
http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/sl33_photo/gucci_mane_trap_house.jpg

M7XlCLZRCw0

Frank Sobotka
12-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Can anybody hook up the track with E40, Devin the Dude & Bun B

5hundred&one
12-03-2009, 09:57 AM
hip hop is always gonna allowed to be fun!!!!!

but i wasnt having fun when silk the shocker used to leak outta speakers, and im not havin fun when this retarded nigga gucci leaks outta some bums astro van!!!!!!

i fuck with dope boy music too, but theres too many acts before him that deliver his whole package and presentation better!!!!!

they fall in love with the image and back story, his popularity is gonna blow over like a skirt in the wind and niggas are gonna revise history and claim they were never into him!!!!

seen it once, seen it twice, seen it too many times to remember!!!!!

you could just as easily say your average gucci hater does the same shit. everybody gets too caught up in the image and starts sayin 'this retarded nigga gucci', blah blah

gucci ain't really a retard, I mean the music is stupid on purpose, every now and then he gets serious and drops some decent lines for the type of shit he's doin, but really, the majority of is clown shit, which is perfect if you don't feel like weighin your music down with meaningful lyrics and all that

plus that shit about other 'acts before him that deliver his whole package and presentation better' is total bullshit. one thing you can't take away from gucci is his originality.

if you don't like other rappers on the ATL mixtape circute, then I could see how a lot of them might sound the same to you, but take it from somebody who listens to all of it and has heard damn near every gucci mixtape that exists; dude is completely unique and there was no rapper before him that gave you the same all around sound, word to everything

that just tells me you ain't heard enough of his shit to properly judge. it's like somebody not listenin to wu tang cause they heard 8 diagrams and said " I don't like wu-tang,their beats got too much guitar in them."

granted, if you don't like one gucci man song, there's a good chance you won't like any, but I've heard whole gucci mixtapes from start to finish that I ain't really care for and others that didn't have no slop or a single bad track.

y'all are quick to generalize the people that listen to it, but not the people that hate on it.

angry!
12-03-2009, 09:57 AM
youd be suprised at how much good music bangs in the whip!!!!

i know niggas like this, "i dont fuck with son like that but his shit bangs in the truck!"

i liken it to those pathetic home theater buffs that buy and watch terrible movies because the hi-def transfer picture quality is amazing!!!!!!!

why fuck with gucci when i can slide 400 degreez in the whip and get my fill of ignance!?!!?!!? his whole presentation has been already been offered better countless times in the game!!!!!!

ima be laughin 6 months to a year from now when niggas start distancing themselves from ever liking son, its these fly by night fans that gas these kinda acts up and leave quicker than they came!!!!!

5hundred&one
12-03-2009, 12:24 PM
why fuck with gucci when i can slide 400 degreez in the whip and get my fill of ignance!?!!?!!? his whole presentation has been already been offered better countless times in the game!!!!!!

who did his style so much better?

to me, gucci is like a marriage between the usual trap music shit and ODB's spontaneity. dude will literally say anything, no matter how stupid it is or how little sense it makes, but he keeps it funny, the same way ol dirty did, even tho 'real' hip-hop heads will do everything they can to deny it.

give me specific examples of rappers that came in the game before gucci who have slammin beats, a sense of humor, an extensive catalog and spit over his style of production.

Poetic Wun
12-03-2009, 01:19 PM
i ain't a gucci hater for the sake of hatin a simple.

i just think he appeals to those that can dig that sound. i like to have fun with music... thats why i listen to redman and del and shit.
i can't endure that trap music style... the beats are horrible imo.
his delivery is horrible and TOO TOO 1, 2 1, 2.
lyrics come off dumb instead of funny.
the annoyance of adlibs are unbearable.
i don't see his appeal.

he'll be gone tomorrow and in my head he won't even be a "remember that nigga" nigga.

i don't knock anyone for listening to him, or wanting some shit to bang out in the whip to but there's better shit that gets the job done all the same.

to each their own.

EnD
12-03-2009, 01:32 PM
M7XlCLZRCw0

Wow... This is surprisingly listenable.

"LEMMOON!" lol I really didn't know I'd be bangin a Gucci Mane track some day

EnD
12-03-2009, 01:49 PM
But now after that's done with, it's a good time to raise your motherfucking fist in the air and get ready for the Triumph cause the Gods is here to take over this shit.

RAZCTjj09lc

angry!
12-03-2009, 01:57 PM
who did his style so much better?

to me, gucci is like a marriage between the usual trap music shit and ODB's spontaneity. dude will literally say anything, no matter how stupid it is or how little sense it makes, but he keeps it funny, the same way ol dirty did, even tho 'real' hip-hop heads will do everything they can to deny it.

give me specific examples of rappers that came in the game before gucci who have slammin beats, a sense of humor, an extensive catalog and spit over his style of production.
gucci mane is an original!?!?!?! nigga go fuckin hang yourself with that shit, im not lying when i say master p had more credence than gucci as an emcee!!!!!!!

whats original about gucci!?!?!!? the ad-libs!?!?!? nigga go listen to pastor troy "vice versa", that shit was original!!!!!!!!! theres not a hidden dimension to his music im not catching, the material is just ass!!!!!!

you telling me gucci mane woulda stood out when juvenile was cash moneys meal ticket!?!?!?! get the fuck outta here!!!!!!! and young jeezy delivers the same presentation better consistently, regardless of who was doing it first!!!!!

Twiztid-Wutang
12-03-2009, 02:00 PM
The horrble excuse of ''Banging in the car'' got these shitty rappers over in the first place. Get the instrumentals, You got the bass so high you cant hear the lyrics anyway so who cares

Older God36
12-03-2009, 02:33 PM
vice versa is one of the best pastor troy tracks ever.....next to his verse on throw it up........THE LAST NIGGA ITS THE PASTOR READY TO BLAST YA...I DONT PLAY NO MUTHA FUCKIN GAMES D.S.G.B YOU KNOW THE NAME....

5hundred&one
12-03-2009, 02:50 PM
gucci mane is an original!?!?!?! nigga go fuckin hang yourself with that shit, im not lying when i say master p had more credence than gucci as an emcee!!!!!!!

whats original about gucci!?!?!!? the ad-libs!?!?!? nigga go listen to pastor troy "vice versa", that shit was original!!!!!!!!! theres not a hidden dimension to his music im not catching, the material is just ass!!!!!!

you telling me gucci mane woulda stood out when juvenile was cash moneys meal ticket!?!?!?! get the fuck outta here!!!!!!! and young jeezy delivers the same presentation better consistently, regardless of who was doing it first!!!!!

I ain't sayin gucci is better than juve in the 400 degreez days or that he's better than jeezy or none of that, I dunno why you actin like I am. and I listen to pastor troy, jeezy and juve, so you don't need to be tellin me to check their shit.

yeah tho, gucci does stand out from them and he shouldn't even be compared to them. I mean, why would you even compare gucci to 400 degreez other than the fact that him and juve are both out the south?

their styles ain't even similar, to me it sound like some classic rock fan in the early 90's sayin 'wu-tang sounds like nwa' or some shit. if you don't like the music, you never gonna pick up on what makes it unique. to me garth brooks sounds exactly like tim mcgraw, but to a country fan I'm sure the difference is night & day.

uNRj4XLGbw8

still, show me a pastor troy song or a jeezy song where they sound anything like gucci in that song ^

even if you hate it, show me anybody who raps like that.

Older God36
12-03-2009, 02:54 PM
501 be speakin the truth

Older God36
12-03-2009, 02:57 PM
and i dont know about y'all but i cant listen to the same shit for the rest of my life.......as much as hip hop is in a slump right now ill always check for it because its been that way since i was 11 and its prolly always gonna be

angry!
12-03-2009, 03:14 PM
the common thread between the artists i mentioned and gucci is they all make dope boy music!!!!

they all cater to the same demographic nigga, thats what they got in common!!!! youre accepting an inferior product, and not only are you accepting it, youre defending it!!!!!!!

and that track you posted as an example to his originality is fuckin pathetic nigga, by your line of thinking soulja boi is an original that deserves a defense aswell!!!!!

and again, theres a reason jeezy blew up as a feature on guccis track, his whole presentation is better!!!!! period!!!!

5hundred&one
12-03-2009, 03:45 PM
the common thread between the artists i mentioned and gucci is they all make dope boy music!!!!

they all cater to the same demographic nigga, thats what they got in common!!!! youre accepting an inferior product, and not only are you accepting it, youre defending it!!!!!!!

so dope boi music is a sub-category or sub genre or whatever of hiphop, correct? just like chinese food is a sub-category of cuisine. I like kung-po chicken more than sweet & sour chicken, does that mean I'm not ever ordering sweet & sour chicken again? if you ain't that big a fan of chinese food I could understand you pickin your favorite meal and buyin it every time, but if you love chinese food you're probably gonna switch it up.

I like stupid, thoughtless southern rap that goes hard on my speakers, I listen to it a lot, and just because I like juvenille more than gucci don't mean I can't like gucci too.

and that track you posted as an example to his originality is fuckin pathetic nigga, by your line of thinking soulja boi is an original that deserves a defense aswell!!!!!

I posted that track to prove my point that gucci brings somethin unique to the table, even if it's garbage it proves that what you said about him bein the same ol shit is just speculation and it is.

and again, theres a reason jeezy blew up as a feature on guccis track, his whole presentation is better!!!!! period!!!!

I agree, cause jeezy had more appeal and more talent than gucci at the time, but to continue with that train of thought, there's a reason gucci blew up without sellin out to autotune and bullshit pop music. before he was ever on national radio dude had a huge buzz, you sayin there's a reason jeezy blew up on gucci's track, but there's no reason for gucci's success? can't have it both ways.

5hundred&one
12-03-2009, 03:54 PM
and i dont know about y'all but i cant listen to the same shit for the rest of my life.......as much as hip hop is in a slump right now ill always check for it because its been that way since i was 11 and its prolly always gonna be

^ my thoughts exactly. I wouldn't be on a wu site if I didn't appreciate lyrical rap and energetic beats and I'd love to see somebody put some life back in that side of hip-hop!

but damn, sometimes you just gotta quit holdin music to those standards and just like it for what it is.

angry!
12-03-2009, 04:06 PM
you keepin it 100 so im keepin it 100, you one of the few niggas around here capable of backin up your opinion, theres no disrespect my nigga we just shootin the shit!!!!!

i love how big hip hop is, everyone has a different definition of it but if they reppin the culture right im all for it!!!!! you got sub-genres within sub-genres now!!!!!

i like some dumb out music to break the pace too my nigga, maybe im just getting too old to see what the guccis appeal is musically cause i know kids that love son!!!! im still reaching for that project pat, juvey, or pastor troy shit when i need somethin to numb my melon!!!!!!

and dont be so quick to call out his contemporaries for selling out at the sight of buck when ive already seen this nigga doing some corn syrup pop shit with usher and mariah carey!!!!! id say jeezy has been effective at keeping his steam and delivering what his fan base wants without alienating his core!!!!!

KBOS
12-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Gucci mane is currently my shitty rapper of choice. To me his appeal is that his goofy ad-libs, his laid back nasily flow, and his doofusy lyrics are far more entertaining then the other shitty rappers of his genre. I don't take his music seriously i just feel purely entertained. Not everything entertaining has to be of the highest quality or intelligence. I was at a party in harlem the other week, niggaz played ice cream, mad joints by big L, mad lion shit, busta with some gucci mixed in there for fun, the mix was fuckin bangin.

5hundred&one
12-03-2009, 04:29 PM
you keepin it 100 so im keepin it 100, you one of the few niggas around here capable of backin up your opinion, theres no disrespect my nigga we just shootin the shit!!!!!

i love how big hip hop is, everyone has a different definition of it but if they reppin the culture right im all for it!!!!! you got sub-genres within sub-genres now!!!!!

i like some dumb out music to break the pace too my nigga, maybe im just getting too old to see what the guccis appeal is musically cause i know kids that love son!!!! im still reaching for that project pat, juvey, or pastor troy shit when i need somethin to numb my melon!!!!!!

and dont be so quick to call out his contemporaries for selling out at the sight of buck when ive already seen this nigga doing some corn syrup pop shit with usher and mariah carey!!!!! id say jeezy has been effective at keeping his steam and delivering what his fan base wants without alienating his core!!!!!

word up, co sign all of that. I appreciate anybody who takes time to respond to people who flat out disagree with them, most just use it as an opportunity to fuck with ppl and forget to make a point, so I respect that.

and I wasn't takin a shot at jeezy with the sellout comment, just sayin that gucci was generatin a lot of buzz before he ever made what you could call a sellout move, in other words he built momentum the old fashioned way, by pumpin the streets with his music.

to me, somebody who's been ridin with gucci since the trap house cd, it's somethin you probly won't like if you can't relate to it. his shit is the soundtrack to a drug dealers life in the south, it just got it's hooks in me and I been fuckin with it ever since. although, most ppl playin gucci now probably just on some trendy shit and bumpin it cuz it's hot right now, can't do nothin about them I guess. truth be told, zaytoven who produces most of gucci's best shit has a lot to do with it. he got a knack for beats that you can just zone out to. you almost gotta be lifted to appreciate it, so it's good party music I guess you could say.

don't get it twsited though, I got nothin but love for a lotta other southern artists like project pat and early cash money and I'ma be bumpin 90s hip-hop for my fuckin grandkids!

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Whoevers doin it, please stop comparing Gucci to Jeezy. They aint even in the same dimension, seriously. Jeezy IMo been one of the most consistant rappers of the last 5 years. And he never sold out and went commercial.

Hes one of the few who values keeping it real than doing bullshit pop tracks on his albums.

The Recession was easily one of the best albums of 2008. Most probably the best. And the Inspiration was also a modern southrn classic imo,. Just solid trap shit, no commercial bullshit.

His first album is given the most praise but imo no where near as good as his last 2.

ehg69Hxl-QY

SWTZ73y9gbs

E2keYeZjY7I

hSrDW_m5KDw

NOW TELL ME WHY YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO GUCCI WHEN THIS MAN IS ALIVE?????

Older God36
12-03-2009, 04:39 PM
yeah jeezys cool.......hahaha all i wanted to know is if anyone herd the album.....shootin the shit with a bunch of hip hop heads is always a funtime tho.....peace and respect to everyone on here except that zooruka guy

5hundred&one
12-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Whoevers doin it, please stop comparing Gucci to Jeezy. They aint even in the same dimension, seriously. Jeezy IMo been one of the most consistant rappers of the last 5 years. And he never sold out and went commercial.

^ jeezy's good, who dissed him?

nobody even said gucci is on jeezy's level, angry! said, basically what you're saying and my only point was why not listen to both? jeezy is better than gucci all day, but he ain't got zay beats on his side and his mixtape game hasn't been half as hot lately.

gucci and jeezy are both ATL rappers, if you can only digest 1 ATL rapper at a time, by all means pick jeezy. I like em both so I'ma play em both.

Older God36
12-03-2009, 04:41 PM
and opinions are like assholes........everybodys got one

Older God36
12-03-2009, 04:44 PM
and if you like em both check out the trap or die 2 remix with jeezy and gucci

KBOS
12-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Too me saying why listen to gucci when you have jeezy is like saying why listen to ODB when you have rakim or why listen to craig mack when you have busta.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-03-2009, 05:59 PM
^Thats not exactly a good comparison...the opening line of my post was to let people know they shouldnt be compared to each other at any time... But people in here were talking about the "ATL scene", and unless your a big southern trap fan, is basically mashed into one thing for most hip hop fans who arent from Atlanta.

So my point stands. dont ever compare Gucci and Jeezy, but I cant see the point in listening to Gucci when you can listen to Jeezy. I know thats fucked up to say - BUT PEOPLE ON THIS SITE ARE GONNA PICK ONE OR THE OTHER, THERES NOT TOO MANY SOUTHERN RAP FANS HERE, so theres only gonna be a few southern rap acts in their rotation. Jeezy is like a real rapper version with better production in the same style. I had a moment back in 07-08 of listening to Gucci over that summer, but he got boring pretty quick to me, because hes pretty shallow, and is a retard.

Gucci is like a joke now though, before at least he used to go hard. At least some people on the street would relate to him. Now hes just a joke and has a different kind of hood following - the kids. Meanwhile Jeezy has kept his street credibilty the whole time. Gucci does too much X these days hes just like a big fluffy joke.

KBOS
12-03-2009, 07:18 PM
^

but my point still stands as well. I actually agree with most of the points youre making, the difference is i find gucci's moron style entertaining while youve grown tired of it.

And I still don't see how saying why listen to craig mack when you could listen to busta is really any differen't. I should probably clairify and mention to only consider their materials released in the same general time period.

In fact the point im trying to make is exactly yours, they shouldn't be compared. Their not in the same lane.

5hundred&one
12-03-2009, 09:19 PM
@ghostlaced me personally? I don't really play new gucci, mostly just 06-08 shit. same with the whole so icey movement, juiceman ain't had a mixtape that sizes up to his 07-08 mixtapes in a minute.

waka flocka's aight, but he's the stupidest out of all of them, like genuinely not a gimmick stupid.

still ain't seen a good reason why a fan of southern trap music who thinks jeezy is better can't be a fan of gucci. I don't really see your point.

and you're wrong about jeezy havin better production too, ain't nobody on cte fuckin wit zaytoven right now. dude is thoroughbredable, I ain't never heard a bad beat from him.

unless you're talkin album wise, then yeah jeezy got better beats cause he branches out while gucci usually keeps it in the family, but if you're talkin mixtapes? nah

AM_
12-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Gucci keeps the trunk on slam.