PDA

View Full Version : where does " stoupe the enemy of mankind" rank amongst the great producers

zooruka
12-02-2009, 09:57 PM
I know that this topic has probably been made before but stoupe is a genius ... His beats are raw but not to raw, so you can still bob your head to them... I know he does that latin feel a bit but I like it...but overal dude is straight fire.

so where does his talent stack up against the greats.

peace be with you !

Meta4
12-02-2009, 10:40 PM
up til SIHKIH I was really feelin him, but goin down since. his solo was average. consistency is key to greatness and he aint keepin it for me.

zooruka
12-02-2009, 10:55 PM
up til SIHKIH I was really feelin him, but goin down since. his solo was average. consistency is key to greatness and he aint keepin it for me.

what is his solo called ????

peace be with you !

5hundred&one
12-02-2009, 11:02 PM
if pete rock, the rza and premo are the head and shoulders of hip-hop production, stoupe is around the ballsack or asscrack.

theheavens
12-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Stoupe is one of the best. but hip-hop fans would rather praise old school producers whose beats put people to sleep

angry!
12-02-2009, 11:49 PM
i wouldnt know where to rank him, but i check for anything he releases!!!!!

hes still advancing his sound, niggas hate on the last jedi mind album but his drum programming was immense on that shit!!!!!!! hes still advancing his sound and hes been at it strong 10 plus years now, geniune talent!!!!!

his discography speaks for itself, rock solid consistency!!!!!! rakim approached stoupe trynna work on some shit, and stoupe declined!!!!! his shyness and loyalty to paz really puts a ceiling on what he could be doing!!!!!!

if you ask me, visions of gahndi is his strongest full body of work to date!!!! sonically that album was fuckin incredible, it also had a high quality mix which gave his work a new dimension!!!!!

claaa7
12-03-2009, 03:35 AM
Stoupe is ill as fuck, but he should definitely fuck with more artists outside of the JMT clique.

BGS
12-03-2009, 06:29 AM
he is one of the illest no doubt

GhettoGnom
12-03-2009, 06:31 AM
He's probably in my top 5 - 8

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-03-2009, 07:12 AM
i wouldnt know where to rank him, but i check for anything he releases!!!!!

hes still advancing his sound, niggas hate on the last jedi mind album but his drum programming was immense on that shit!!!!!!! hes still advancing his sound and hes been at it strong 10 plus years now, geniune talent!!!!!

his discography speaks for itself, rock solid consistency!!!!!! rakim approached stoupe trynna work on some shit, and stoupe declined!!!!! his shyness and loyalty to paz really puts a ceiling on what he could be doing!!!!!!

if you ask me, visions of gahndi is his strongest full body of work to date!!!! sonically that album was fuckin incredible, it also had a high quality mix which gave his work a new dimension!!!!!

the last jmt album was very dope and the drums were intense, immense yet still raw n dense but two of stoupes best productions are rip the jacker (bis) and jmt's vision of ghandi and his solo was dope but i think if it varried with a slew of emcees that could help build a new sound because production is more than just building a beat, they have help build a song and one songs are build you have to see how that builds into an album, music is the ultimate construction project

Longbongcilvaringz
12-03-2009, 07:18 AM
top 5.

Only one i can really put above him is RZA.

THE MASON
12-03-2009, 08:18 AM
if pete rock, the rza and premo are the head and shoulders of hip-hop production, stoupe is around the ballsack or asscrack.

co sign

Stoupe is one of the best. but hip-hop fans would rather praise old school producers whose beats put people to sleep

no. we "praise" them because the innovated hip hop and have been steadily producing dope hip hop for years. as dope as stoupe is his consistency and catalogue just isnt up to par, yet.

angry!
12-03-2009, 09:50 AM
yo... thanks for bringin that up sheepish!!!!!!

rip the jacker is a great introduction piece to someone looking to see what stoupe is all about!!!!

bis sent stoupe the acapellas, and he built the beats around the lyrics!!!! he tailored the tracks and created a lot of atmosphere on that shit!!!!! he def. gave bis the best beats he ever got to work with, and it ends becoming arguably bis' strongest album!!!!! thats the kind of magic this nigga is capable of making in the studio!!!!!!! im willing to bet half the ppl that love that album didnt even know this process, thats how seamless the marriage was between beats and lyrics!!!!!!!

Afficial_Nastee
12-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Top 5 in my opinion....

theheavens
12-03-2009, 10:57 AM
co sign

no. we "praise" them because the innovated hip hop and have been steadily producing dope hip hop for years. as dope as stoupe is his consistency and catalogue just isnt up to par, yet.

nope. Stoupe is the truth. you're just obsessed with old dudes

angry!
12-03-2009, 12:00 PM
comparing artists and trynna put a number on their contributions is always a shit storm!!!!!!

just check some of these tracks out if you havent and let the music speak for itself!!!!!!!!

3FBKk3zSCq8
^crazy blend of elements... latin funk!!!!
Z2uHT-fRHIo
^check them drums... disgusting

Ko0CKv-jyWU&feature=related
^ crazy atmosphere!!!!!
tsJzL8wISBs&feature=related

all over the map sonically, versatile and alwayings changing!!!!!! def. one of the best active produers around!!!!!!

THE MASON
12-03-2009, 12:35 PM
nope. Stoupe is the truth. you're just obsessed with old dudes

and your balls have yet to drop, so your point is irrelvent.

those old dudes are the people that Stoupe wishes he could be and as Stoupe has his own sound, he will tell you without the pioneers, there would be no Stoupe to even talk about

Study ya lessons!!

Tracks
12-03-2009, 01:02 PM
stoupes consistency isnt up to par? some of you guys are truly flaming faggots.

FasterBlade
12-03-2009, 01:11 PM
the last couple JMT albums have been below average, his solo sucked, and i havent felt the need to listen to Rip the Jacker in years

theres just something about alot of his tracks that ring hallow to me, its either swirling strings with some sharp horns added on, or some marichi band sounding latin guitar beat. hes extremely limited

theheavens
12-03-2009, 01:31 PM
and your balls have yet to drop, so your point is irrelvent.

those old dudes are the people that Stoupe wishes he could be and as Stoupe has his own sound, he will tell you without the pioneers, there would be no Stoupe to even talk about

Study ya lessons!!

ok grandpa, keep up with the new sound

angry!
12-03-2009, 02:06 PM
theheavens you musta came up sucking recycled breast milk outta your pops milk pump apparatus!!!!

you shit on legends and praise the offspring!!!!!! you got a gaping ass and worthless opinion!!!!!! you got bigger issues lil man, go handle that pimple collection on your face and finish your homework!!!!!

KillahBee09
12-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Stoupe is a great producer, Vinnie Paz holds him back though, seriously without Stoupes beats JMT are nuttin

THE MASON
12-03-2009, 02:28 PM
stoupes consistency isnt up to par? some of you guys are truly flaming faggots.

i will admit i was wrong there, he is consistent but limited as pointed out already

ALCATRAZ
12-03-2009, 02:33 PM
top 5.

Only one i can really put above him is RZA.

lol

11th Chamber
12-03-2009, 04:19 PM
I'll give him Top 20 no problem

theheavens
12-03-2009, 05:29 PM
theheavens you musta came up sucking recycled breast milk outta your pops milk pump apparatus!!!!

you shit on legends and praise the offspring!!!!!! you got a gaping ass and worthless opinion!!!!!! you got bigger issues lil man, go handle that pimple collection on your face and finish your homework!!!!!

I shit on boring rappers/producers. lots of them happen to be old school. fuck 'em

GhettoGnom
12-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Excactly who are you talking about then little man?

theheavens
12-03-2009, 05:36 PM
anyone but DJ Premier. take your pick

Mic Tyson
12-03-2009, 05:43 PM
lol. stoupe aint even the best producer out now so there aint no way hes top 5

THE MASON
12-03-2009, 05:45 PM

:no:

Tecknowledgist
12-03-2009, 05:48 PM
a lot of you are putting pete rock/rza/premo up there as pioneers (rightfully so) but fail to realize the impact stoupe has had on the game!

his work on violent by design has molded and shaped the whole underground movement more than anybody else. shit, anything labeled "backpack" after the year 2001 is basically trying to emulate that sound. a lot of the underground shit i listen to today has that stoupe-sound.

he's definitely raised the bar

top 10

I2vlm3726jc

GhettoGnom
12-03-2009, 06:05 PM

If RZA is boring, why the fuck are you on a wu-tang site?