PDA

View Full Version : inborn differences between the races?

BLADED_THESIS
09-26-2005, 09:24 PM
ok this is from a different thread on here. subtle energies believes that there are natural attitudes and personalities that are inbred depending on race.. i say its all a product of environment. to say that psycholigical differences are specific to something as broad as race seems fuckin ridiculous to me. am i the only 1 who thinks this way?

http://www.wutangcorp.com/showthread.php?t=8850&page=13&pp=10

thats the link to the original arguement.

"Which brings up another point, saying race doesn't affect psychology is as ridiculous as saying sex doesn't. Even the different hormone levels between families can affect psychology, hence why a family can all have an explosive temper etc." written by suble energies.

family is the main form of ENVIRONMENT that molds us into who we are. and family is also irrelevent in this discussion because its on a much smaller scale than race. of course certain traits are passed down genetically through family but family is not as broad and general as race. as a matter of fact that comment you made helped prove my point.

Machete
09-26-2005, 09:44 PM
family is the main form of ENVIRONMENT that molds us into who we areSo an evironment has a personality? You are a bit bland on your definition of environment. Which is why you'll get bland answers unless you define yourself more.

BLADED_THESIS
09-26-2005, 10:58 PM
that last paragraph was directed towards subtle energies. click the link and you should get a better understanding in my views. i believe that people are a product of their environment. ie a black kid in the ghetto isnt violent simply because he is black, he is violent because his environment made him that. take the same black kid, raise him in the suburbs and his mentality will be much different. also not every1 raised in the ghetto is violent by nature. environment may even be too broad but its definately an ingredient to personal mentality. as far as whole races of people acting certain ways due to genetics..... every1's mentality is different to say whole races are the same is a joke, and to say genetics is what does it is even funnier. everybody is different because we all live different lives and have had different experiences in different places with different people.

LHX
09-27-2005, 07:34 AM
all of the above