PDA

View Full Version : all things considered..... who do you rate higher...ICE CUBE or 'PAC?

War and Peace
12-03-2009, 10:47 PM
holl@

5hundred&one
12-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Pac all day.

Cube was real influential and his shit is still hype to this day, but let's not fuckin kid ourselves.

Bg_Knocc_Out
12-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Ice Cube. 2Pac was way to one dimensional. Everything Pac could do, Cube can do better.

prof zooruka
12-03-2009, 11:17 PM
I like cube better ...

peace be with you !

ALCATRAZ
12-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Ice Cube. 2Pac was way to one dimensional. Everything Pac could do, Cube can do better.

Um Pac has sold 75 million records worldwide. How many albums has Ice Cube sold in America alone? Exactly.

food for thought
12-03-2009, 11:42 PM
i never liked ice cube.

Pac all day everyday.

prof zooruka
12-04-2009, 01:02 AM
i never liked ice cube.

8O

peace be with you !

theDZA
12-04-2009, 02:32 AM
2pac

ol dirty abbot
12-04-2009, 02:40 AM
yo what sect you from? play dumb. "general population", momma put ya house up, so i can bounce up, out this motherfucker, that's why i love ya.

YOU GOT TO BELIIEEEEEEEEVE IN SOMETHING, SO WHY NOT BELIEVE IN ME

cube

hom1e
12-04-2009, 02:54 AM
Pac was better but Cube is like one step behind + he was a influence for Pac's style...

KillahBee09
12-04-2009, 07:41 AM
Cube definetly, from 87-93 not many emcees are close to him, wrote most of N.W.A's stuff and dropped a few classic solos, id personally rate him higher than Pac

serioussam
12-04-2009, 08:48 AM
its ya boy ICE CUBE

THE MASON
12-04-2009, 09:00 AM

go back and listen to a Pac record, far from one dimensional. If either of them was one dimensional its Cube.

both have had heavy influence but Pac was def the greater of the 2.

and if he was still alive, i dont think he would have made a movie about family vacations

Frank Sobotka
12-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Pac, but there both in my top 3.

Sky Blue Danny Kid
12-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Pac for certain. Although no disrespect to Cube. Da Lench Mob was ill too.

Edgar Erebus
12-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Ice Cube.

(Now, I don't talk who's more influential, more multi-dimensional or who sold more albums. I just say whom I prefer listening to.)

food for thought
12-04-2009, 11:38 AM
^what happened to your M.I.A theme?

lol

Keraj
12-04-2009, 11:50 AM
LOL, Of course 2Pac. I really like only a few Ice Cube's songs, but 2Pac is great. I think there are over 100 his songs that I really like.

food for thought
12-04-2009, 11:55 AM
^word

i like damn near everythignn pac made.

i prolly like 2 cube songs total.

this thread is a disgrace and reveals the wu corp population as being an over representation of european gays.

Edgar Erebus
12-04-2009, 12:32 PM
^what happened to your M.I.A theme?

lol

Outdated. I'm a different person now (although I still like M.I.A.).

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-04-2009, 12:51 PM
both were good in their own , had some things done better than the other, so I can't really rate anybody higher. Cube made better music for me tho, but then again, 2Pac done something so original [not being the average rapper[but as an emcee he was even sub-average for me]]..well, as I was saying - he did something that grabbed peoples ears, so he was like the rap twilight/da vinci's code/harry potter - something for everyone amongst the people, but he wasn't all that special for advanced listeners. This is what Pac had and Cube had not.

J-Cee
12-04-2009, 12:52 PM
cubes dope..but pac 100%..

aiight many ppl say pac was aiight but wasnt that dope lyrically..but pac was a solid mc..his stories hit mufuckas hearts like no other mc could/can do..he was smart as fuck..and a revolutionary in a way..he made one hell of a fuckin impact..so cube may be a better lyricist(to some)..but cannot compare as a whole at all...no comparison in my opinion.

J-Cee
12-04-2009, 12:54 PM
2pac is and always will be like the fuckin elvis/michael jackson of rap..hes a legend..it aint just lyrics..muthafucka gives me goosebumps just from speakin in his interviews let alone his music..hes one in a million..

THE MASON
12-04-2009, 01:01 PM
both were good in their own , had some things done better than the other, so I can't really rate anybody higher. Cube made better music for me tho, but then again, 2Pac done something so original [not being the average rapper[but as an emcee he was even sub-average for me]]..well, as I was saying - he did something that grabbed peoples ears, so he was like the rap twilight/da vinci's code/harry potter - something for everyone amongst the people, but he wasn't all that special for advanced listeners. This is what Pac had and Cube had not.

what do you mean advanced listeners?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-04-2009, 01:10 PM
he wasn't as good as chino xl, or pharaohe monch at that time.

he was real, yeah, but he could never freestyle, he could never bust a rhyme that people would talk about years after - but he did won the hearts of people all around, maybe cuz he was so easy to get. no REAL hidden messages [apart the Makaveli album], no lyrically advanced metaphors, ....

he was who he was. I can consider him a great [spoke]person, but as a musician, his taste in beats, and so on - not so great.

THE MASON
12-04-2009, 01:20 PM
ya but since when does being advanced mean your a better emcee or rapper?

as an artist Pac didnt think he needed to hide a msg, he just told you his msg. So since RZA's beats at that time were minimal, to some not as advanced his music isnt as good?

his impact as an artist has been greater then any of the artists you jsut listed. Where has Monch been? or Chino? Pac still sells music and hes dead. To you he might not be advanced, but who else was saying the shit Pac was saying directly? No one to my recollection and thats what advancement is.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-04-2009, 01:59 PM
and now we come to THE thing - 2Pac was a mainstream God even when he was alive, and his death only helped 'him' sales wise, everybody knows him, even people that don't listen to rap, and there are millions of people, that they think they know about rap music - and they learned everything about it on MTV and radio stations...

of course 2Pac sold so good, he was easy to get, all the hype helped him, the prison charges, he was constantly in the news - it helped Fifty, it helped Eminem and I'm pretty sure that somebody will take that place too someday, with all the media hype.

In my opinion Jay-Z is a better rapper than 2Pac and Biggie. I don't need to feel connected to a rapper to 'feel' him. All three are dope, but Jay is better, skillfully and also, musically. Also with Eminem. See, I can connect with Em, but even if I couldn't, I would acknowledge him as a better rapper than 2Pac [or Ice Cube]. Both Pac and Eminem sold a lot of albums, but so what?? WHAT KIND OF THING are you going to say now, that I'm wrong for liking Eminem more than Pac? Or Wu-Tang - yeah, Wu-Tang had everything - and millions Wu-Tang albums were sold when SOME OF WU RAPPERS WERE ALMOST TOTALLY ABSTRACT.

I'm pretty sure that just because Pac sold so many albums that that doesn't make him THEE best rapper ever. Lil' Wayne also sold a lot, and I will still like Monch better than both of them. There are so many things that makes a rapper great AND THERE ISN'T ONE RAPPER THAT HAS IT ALL. Even 2Pac.

So let's stop with these boring threads that won't get us anywhere, like I said - both Cube and Pac are good.

THE MASON
12-04-2009, 02:02 PM
So let's stop with these boring threads that won't get us anywhere, like I said - both Cube and Pac are good.

im not gonna respond to all that but to each his own and co sign this.

Senator C. Palantine
12-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Ice Cube's film career > Pac

ALCATRAZ
12-04-2009, 02:12 PM
wera is mad

and 2pac is way better than chino xl, and this is exhibited in him destroying chino's career in half a bar ... lol that's what chino xl is generally known for in the hip hop community, he's the nigga that pac destroyed when he wasn't even rapping lol, he ended the nigga's career on an outro ahahahha

he wasn't all that special for advanced listeners.

sure he was ... you know it, i know it, everyone knows it ...

Sky Blue Danny Kid
12-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Europinions are fucking worthless.

No offense Wera, but your opinions are terrible. Stop speaking as though you are the authority on rap.

Fuckin Chino XL... just shut up.

prof zooruka
12-04-2009, 05:24 PM
^word
i prolly like 2 cube songs total.

8O

this thread is a disgrace

I agree...especially with comments like I like 2 ice cube songs.

manhattan360
12-05-2009, 12:47 AM
Ice Cube

spiggity_ace
12-05-2009, 01:05 AM
tupac by miles

spiggity_ace
12-05-2009, 01:09 AM
|WOW jayz better than pac GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!, i like chino but pac is a better artist, oh yeah no disrespect to cube in my other post, the predator is one of my fav albums, wicked is my shit

ALCATRAZ
12-05-2009, 02:32 AM
WOW jayz better than pac GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!

well, if you were an 'advanced listener' you would understand that's the truth ... any 'advanced listener' can tell you jay-z has the super ultra technical raps, and any 'advanced listener' knows that the one thing that makes an emcee an emcee is how ultra technical your lyrics are ...

*FARTS*

truthaddict
12-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Ice Cube. no contest.

Polocash7
12-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Cube. Cube first 3 LPs are no joke. Both are in my top 10 but Cube was better lyrically

War and Peace
12-06-2009, 12:44 AM
GHETTO BIRD is one of my favorite tracks ever-
so is BRENDA-

alot of good responses here.. thanks yall

food for thought
12-06-2009, 02:11 AM
lol @ advanced listener

wtf is an advanced listener?

EAGLE EYE
12-06-2009, 02:16 AM
lol @ advanced listener

buHhahahahahah sounds euro 2 me

Poetic Wun
12-06-2009, 02:31 AM
i like cube better...
i know hes one dimentional and all that but i dig his energy... een on a party track he bangs it out.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-06-2009, 06:52 AM
lol @ advanced listener

I wanted to say, that Pac is basic and mainstream like the Twilight books, ....

and that's why I like Mr. Lif more, he at least says something that we can debate, when it comes to political rap, or isn't just another street rapper talking about hard times with the same lame ass rhymes. I'm bored when I listen to most 2Pac songs, he just ain't saying nothing. [so, Mr. Lif is like A Game Of Thrones of rap]

Mr. Lif & Insight >>>>>>

So excuse me, I'm used to more 'advanced' shit than Me Against the World. Tupac ain't saying nothing of substance. Like I said, thugs on the street can feel his songs, or anybody with problems, but he isn't THAT exceptional, I can listen to 100 different rappers and get the same message and feeling. What is the main reason TuPac is GOAT? I respect your opinion if anybody says that he can bond with his music. Ok, so I can bond with Eminem, so he's my GOAT. Or maybe I can bond the most with Too Poetic, and he wasn't a multiplatinum artist - do anybody have a problem if I nominate Too Poetic as my GOAT emcee/rapper?

RALPH WIGGUM
12-06-2009, 07:12 AM
Cube

Europinions are fucking worthless.

ha ha

oDoUoSoKo
12-06-2009, 09:51 AM
lmao...cmon...Pac.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-06-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm a say Ice Cube ---- No Vaseline, Today was a Good Day, etc. too many dope ass tracks

I like Pac because of his social messages..................but Ice Cube has too many dope songs + he was apart of NWA

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Pac.

http://i50.tinypic.com/mv5jeq.jpg

9 SHOTS COULDNT STOP ME, I TOOK IT AND SMILED

U know if he had of survived his 2nd wave of bullets (he almost did survive it too, very close at one point docs thought he was gonn a pull through) - then he wouldve stayed living after like a DOZEN bullets consumed

the man wasnt human. he was almost basically un killable by any rational thought.

this has nothing to do with the topic but whatever

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-06-2009, 10:36 AM
and he shot 2 cops in the ass without a thought, and got away without charges

no rapper will ever touch pacs life.

if Pac was an underground artist who didnt sell many records, and made exactly the same music all these nut hugging backpackeur would adore this man

RALPH WIGGUM
12-06-2009, 10:42 AM
^"5 shots couldn't drop me".

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-06-2009, 10:45 AM
yeah

ALCATRAZ
12-06-2009, 10:49 AM
he rapped about shooting cops and actually did it ... he rapped about selling drugs and did it ... he rapped about fucking biggie's wife and did it ... everything he rapped he lived

"this nigga name nas think he live like me, talkin bout he left the hospital, took five like me / u livin fantasies, nigga i reject yo deposit / we shook dre's punk ass, now he outta the closet / mobb deep wonder why a nigga blowed em out? next time grown folks talkin nigga close yo mouth"

ahahahahahahahahaha fuckin jesus christ of later day saints nigga

angry!
12-06-2009, 11:16 AM
niggas acting like cube shouldnt be in discussion as one of the all time greats!!!!!

this nigga brought the brain power to NWA, niggaz4life is a classic album in its own right but without cube handeling the bulk of writing the content and commentary went numb!!!!

really examine the niggas catalogue, and i think it stands with pacs!!!!!

straight outta compton
amerikkkas nightmare - definitive record any hip hop fan who lived through the release period knows how powerful this shit was!!!!!
death certificate - full out assault, social and political science delivered with edge and intensity!!!!!
the predator
lethal injection - slept on release, some incredible material on this jawn!!!!
and add his group album with westside connection - bow down

thats an increidble catalogue of music right there!!!!!

at one point in time ice cube was the most culturally releavnt emcee in all of hip hop and this pre dates pac, theyre both west coast giants and icons but neither of these niggas resumes should be balked at!!!!

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-06-2009, 11:16 AM
people say "but that doesnt make him a dope rapper derp derp" imo it does, and thats not taking anythng away from him as a rapper because I think he was a highly talented rapper too, PAc was clear, great voice, innovative lyrics, immaculate delviery

but who he WAS gave him an extra 10 dimensions to nearly every other rapper - this is the difference - it who he was and personified DOES make hhim a greater rapper BECAUSE he was able to translate that to his songs so you could really feel what he was saying, thus and therfore adding the POWER

meanwhile Chino XL was sitting in his moms basement trying to think of really ill similies and rhyme schemes

ALCATRAZ
12-06-2009, 11:51 AM
lolol meanwhile, while rappers were carving a name for themselves in the game and leaving a legacy, chino xl was in his moms basement trying his best to cater to advanced listeners

g_flex
12-06-2009, 08:07 PM
2pac>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>icE CUBE

cant stomach cube's last 2 album