PDA

View Full Version : How come rappers are always going on about...

noel411
12-04-2009, 03:56 AM
how ill their metaphors are, even though most of them very rarely even use metaphors, and metaphors are not a significant part of pretty much any of their overall styles of writing?

dafran
12-04-2009, 04:23 AM
hung yourself.

ALCATRAZ
12-04-2009, 04:42 AM
they really mean simile anyway

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-04-2009, 04:46 AM
because they have nothing to say

btw, your 27 and youve only just realised this? wow sucks to be u lol

as soon as I hear any new rapper these days talk about how ill as a rapper they are its an instant recycling bin situation.

non of the best rappers have to constantly talk about how good they are at rapping. they talk about real shit. i dont listen to those rappers (i.e slaughterhouse). Rakim excluded. because you rapping to be "a rapper", which is fucking gay.

noel411
12-04-2009, 06:12 AM
they really mean simile anyway
That's actually a large part of my point.
btw, your 27 and youve only just realised this? wow sucks to be u lol
btw, you're whatever age you are (it really doesn't matter), and you have almost 16,000 posts on a Wu-Tang forum? Wow must be ABSOLUTELY FUCKEN AWESOME to be u lol

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-04-2009, 06:28 AM
I go hard, deal with it.

Your 27 lol. and have only just realised rappers brag about metaphors too much. log off already australia. "Loc Daddy Extreme" aaaahaha

noel411
12-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Um, you're whatever age you are (again it really doesn't matter), and you don't even seem to understand my very simple and clearly presented point + you're suggesting that I log off when I make about 1 post a month and you clearly spend the better part of your life on here + you didn't even get my crazy fly alias right when you tried to take the piss out of it + you amazingly and frighteningly don't even seem to have the capacity to identify that that alias is intended as light humour.

The conclusion of all this is that you're really not in a position to be trying to diss The God (that's me).

battle?
12-04-2009, 06:42 PM
^
speaking of posts..
we havent scene u much in the group chamber...

noel411
12-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Yeah man I never really come here anymore. How's all that working out anyway?

BIG D O
12-04-2009, 10:48 PM
threadstarter is retarded....

all a metaphor is is when you compare two things to one another....i.e. the ghetto is a battlefield or my life is a danger zone, etc. etc.,.....rappers use metaphors all the fucking time and some are very adept at it....

see early Nas, Jigga, Biggie or Pac...

/ thread

YungSunny
12-05-2009, 07:53 AM
^Shut up.
Just stop posting, nothing personal. Just stop.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Um, you're whatever age you are (again it really doesn't matter), and you don't even seem to understand my very simple and clearly presented point + you're suggesting that I log off when I make about 1 post a month and you clearly spend the better part of your life on here + you didn't even get my crazy fly alias right when you tried to take the piss out of it + you amazingly and frighteningly don't even seem to have the capacity to identify that that alias is intended as light humour.

The conclusion of all this is that you're really not in a position to be trying to diss The God (that's me).

Just deal with the fact you made a retarded thread, and move on into your 30's with dignity.

Now, go back to making threads about spending 2 years trying to make your penis bigger (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77195), pin dick.

And yes pops, of course I knew you were trying to be 'funny' by calling yourself "Loc daddy supreme", my point was, your a corny and unfunny faggot.

SHEM HOTEP

TSA
12-05-2009, 09:15 AM
why are the depressed ppl on this site so dumb? when YOU realize something is that when you decide to make a thread about it? like did you ppl just now realize what the topic of your last thread was?

anyways, i think it's cause rappers in the end of the day didn't go to school for the most part and are therefore dumber then eggs. This is why they call smilies metaphors. It's also why all the concious rappers suck cause they're not concious. They're concerned, but they're not concious, they don't have proper education.

I'm not going to listen to Nas teaching me about anything, or immortal technique because in the end of the day i'm more educated then them.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Dude lol no offence but youve never left NEbraska for god sake, you dont know anything about really anything. Until you have the self confidence to leave home by yourself, dont talk high n mighty online.

i dont happen to listen to gay rappers who boast about "metaphors" because i realised a long time ago those rappers are corny.

so by default, if your listening to these type of rappi, your dumb.

and TSA, until you can make a song like Mega's American Beauty, or Common's I used to love her, dont put yourself ahead of them, in anything.

TSA
12-05-2009, 09:50 AM
^Shut up.
Just stop posting, nothing personal. Just stop.
hahahahahahaha! id say Gza is one of the only rappers that accurately uses metaphors (and a pyroclastic flow)

Dr. Simon Hurt
12-05-2009, 10:16 AM
why are the depressed ppl on this site so dumb? when YOU realize something is that when you decide to make a thread about it? like did you ppl just now realize what the topic of your last thread was?

anyways, i think it's cause rappers in the end of the day didn't go to school for the most part and are therefore dumber then eggs. This is why they call smilies metaphors. It's also why all the concious rappers suck cause they're not concious. They're concerned, but they're not concious, they don't have proper education.

I'm not going to listen to Nas teaching me about anything, or immortal technique because in the end of the day i'm more educated then them.

too much truth here

midnight2highnoon
12-05-2009, 02:14 PM
lol TSA, just godzillered this thread. The thread is fine but the topic starter obviously overstated rappers intelligence. Ghostlaced needs to get the fuck outta his bedroom before his pee size brain bails on him.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Its funny you say that because TSA simply repeated, almost word for word, alot of my posts from the past on the subject. He does that alot.

I dont know whos bitter secondary you are yet but you seem to know my name was GHostlaced even though u only have just signed up lol power 2 u though BRUH

ALCATRAZ
12-05-2009, 02:35 PM
immortal technique just opened a school in kabul ... what have any of you nerds done LOL

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-05-2009, 02:49 PM
a terrorist school?

that dude needs to get patriot act'd.

ive got nothing against him being a dirty hippie terrorist, just stop rapping about it. he uses rap music in the same way as those crazed fuckin christians do.

ALCATRAZ
12-05-2009, 02:55 PM
in kabul alone like 30 schools have been burned down or just blown up altogether lol it was a big risk for him going out there and putting his money up for something that may not even last half way through the next year ... and u know as well as anybody there is a big difference between what IT is trying to do as opposed 2 the catholic church

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-05-2009, 02:59 PM
well yeah, he doesnt rape kids so hes 1up from that respect I guess.

but dude, hes out in Iraq actually TRAINING terrorists to help destory america. thats what hes doing. i bet hes loving it aswell. he out of fucking control. i bet hes playing those poor kids all his terrible music. he'll be CIA'd before the end of 2010. lol fuck the hip hop police, hip hop cia for this fool LOL

as a hip hop fan, i cant say i'd be upset though

ALCATRAZ
12-05-2009, 03:05 PM
lol

i just think technique gets a bad rap because of the nature of his message ... if he was spewing that revolution shit from his moms basement i wouldn't knock anyone for calling him out but he's actually putting in work ... he is doing more than anyone on this forum is doing for the advancement of impoverished people lolol so how can we hate on him ... on and top of that the nigga can rap

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-05-2009, 03:20 PM
he is doing more than anyone on this forum is doing for the advancement of impoverished people

HAHAHAHAHAHhahahahaahahah!!!!!!

Co sign.

I try to keep away from poor people as much as possible. imo poverty is like a desiese .

noel411
12-05-2009, 05:35 PM
threadstarter is retarded....

all a metaphor is is when you compare two things to one another....i.e. the ghetto is a battlefield or my life is a danger zone, etc. etc.,.....rappers use metaphors all the fucking time and some are very adept at it....

see early Nas, Jigga, Biggie or Pac...

/ thread
Yes I am actually physically and mentally retarded. Thanks for pointing it out. Really helps to boost my confidence.

And yes I know what a metaphor is. And yes some rappers use them a fair bit. Though I was referring specifically to the rappers who go on about how ill their metaphors are. To tell the truth I really didn't think about it much at all before I posted the thread. I'd just been listening to most of Canibus' albums recently and I noticed on several occasions he mentions how amazing his metaphors are even though I didn't notice any significant or notable use of metaphor in his writing. Really though, I could have started any number of different threads about how awful certain aspects of hip hop are, after listening to those cd's. Canibus, though great on very rare occasions, represents a lot of embarrassing facets of hip hop, to the fullest.

But yeah, whatever, I just posted the thread for something to do.
Just deal with the fact you made a retarded thread, and move on into your 30's with dignity.

Now, go back to making threads about spending 2 years trying to make your penis bigger (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77195), pin dick.

And yes pops, of course I knew you were trying to be 'funny' by calling yourself "Loc daddy supreme", my point was, your a corny and unfunny faggot.

SHEM HOTEP
Um, hello again...friend. Your comprehension skills aren't the best are they? Did you think I was mentioning that your age doesn't matter because I was trying to defend the fact that I'm a wrinkly, crippled 27 year old? Um, dude, I was suggesting that regardless of what age you are your inability to comprehend what I am saying, and the fact that you apparently spend most of your life on here, do not present you in a very positive light, and also invalidate your entitlement to try and diss The God (that's me).

Each time you reply to me you reveal more and more of your incapacity to identify the nature of my complex and wonderful persona. Again this is represented by your admission that indeed you did percieve that my crazy fly alias was created in jest, and yet you also imply that you took my penis extension thread seriously. Are you for real? The possibility that you might be frightens me greatly, and I will begin to pray for every evening, when I have a by myself meeting.

Also, I cannot begin to express my indignation at having a kid who wears a WWMMD (What Would Method Man Do?) band on his wrist, try to diss The God (that's me). What has this forum come to?

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-05-2009, 05:48 PM
UBgAj4cNee4

...and where are you now
now that I need you
tears on my pillow, whereever you go
i'd cry me a river, that leads to your ocean
you'd never see me fall apart
in the words of a broken heart....
..its just emooottioon, taking me over...

Great song. Always loved the bee gees no homo.

EAGLE EYE
12-05-2009, 06:02 PM
eloels ... Lacey is washed up. This is awkward to watch. The God came out of retirement to drag him through the mud.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-05-2009, 06:17 PM
HAHAH!! I know right! This Noel guys a fucking BORE, ive never known a more boring e-beefer, its like, eh.

http://ec.mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/montauk-monster.jpg

bumped

EAGLE EYE
12-05-2009, 06:21 PM
LOL Lacey remember when I highlighted your fggtry using your pic of you draped out in UK wigger gear on the Staten ferry and you panicked, begged mods to remove the thread, then panicked so some more..

You're are token 'fuck boy'

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-05-2009, 06:29 PM
...wow

Tage
12-10-2009, 02:46 PM
this thread was a great read.