PDA

View Full Version : Who dropped better solos, PMD or Sermon?

THE MASON
12-04-2009, 01:33 PM
EPMD is a legendary group but apart from that the solo work of both is pretty dope as well.

Personally i think PMD came through with better albums then Sermon did. Emceeing and beats are just much better then Sermons solo joints imo

t02OJz40U9k

^classic track

1OEp33c6nJE

GGdaJ0RxwFs

build.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-04-2009, 01:36 PM
nah i think sermon drop equally good stuff sermon did have one maybe two duds

Krusha
12-04-2009, 01:56 PM
I like Sermons solo productions better....

Miliato
12-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Pmd had the better solos....

Shade Business
Business is Business
The Awakening

Sermon had 2 good solos in the early 90's but Music, React & Chilltown were weak

THE MASON
12-04-2009, 02:16 PM
^ word

PMDs first two joints are bangers for sho and Sermon is dope on the boards but his emceeing and ability to carry an album wasnt as good

crds
12-04-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm a huge EPMD fan and I would say that PMD had the better solo albums with Business Is Business being the best album.

BIG D O
12-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Erick had the quantity, Parrish had the quality

CharlesJones
12-05-2009, 11:06 AM
LOL@Bronze Feet, CRDS and some of ya'll other dudes saying PMD's solo albums are better than Erick's hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Erick's No Pressure, Double Or Nothing, Insomnia compilation albums shits on PMD's solo albums LOL. Erick Onasis album wasn't that bad also. Only solo album i like by PMD is Shady Business. Ruff, Rugged And Raw remix he did with Das EFX is hard.

Nick Fury
12-05-2009, 11:55 AM
obviously erick sermon

truthaddict
12-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Sermon.

crds
12-05-2009, 08:39 PM
LOL@Bronze Feet, CRDS and some of ya'll other dudes saying PMD's solo albums are better than Erick's hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Erick's No Pressure, Double Or Nothing, Insomnia compilation albums shits on PMD's solo albums LOL. Erick Onasis album wasn't that bad also. Only solo album i like by PMD is Shady Business. Ruff, Rugged And Raw remix he did with Das EFX is hard.

well for me, I liked all of Sermon's solo albums except React and Chilltown which were pretty boring and weak in places, Erick is a dope producer, but I have to say that P is the better MC of the two and P's solo albums had more of the rugged, dirty, underground EPMD sound, which I love, Insomnia wasn't a solo album, it was a compilation of artists, produced by Sermon.

CharlesJones
12-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Erick's No Pressure and Double Or Nothing albums alone shits on PMD's solo albums LOL. No Pressure is so hard and he has so many good songs on there like Stay Real, Hostile with Keith Murray, Do It Up, Hittin Switches, Erick Sermon, The Hype, A Little Crazy with Shadz Of Lingo, The Ill Shit with Kam and Ice Cube, Swing It Over Here with Keith Murray and Redman, Female Species. Double Or Nothing has a lot of good songs also. I know Insomnia is a compilation that has different rappers on it. Erick has one song on there. Insomnia is hard. Redman's Funkorama song is the shit and so is Keith Murray's This That Shit song. I don't know why the clean version of This That Shit is on the album because it's called This That Hit LOL.

-The A to the Z-
12-06-2009, 12:22 PM
PMD's the better rapper.

Haven't listened to their solos.

Just thought that should be stated.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Erick Sermon's got No Pressure, Chilltown New York, E Onasis (which was dope) c'mon collabo with slick rick (shits on pmd's solos alone), react, music def squad album,etc.

and did u know rick ross was an feature on the erick onasis lp which i didn't know til i looked it up where went under a different rap name Tephlon Da Don aka Rick Ross http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Ross_(rapper)
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Ross_%28rapper%29)

THE MASON
12-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Sermon just doenst have the same aggressiveness or presence as PMD does on his solo albums.

Production wise on both artists album, the beats are about equal i would say. Although Sermon has production for other artists that is bangin, like on Whut Thee ablum.

CharlesJones
12-06-2009, 01:11 PM
So what if you think Erick doesn't sound as aggressive as PMD on their solo albums. That doesn't mean PMD's albums are better than Erick's albums.

THE MASON
12-06-2009, 01:32 PM
to me it does, its an opinion CJ. I respect yours, most of the time. I aint sayin Sermon doesnt have good albums, just think PMD did a better job.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-07-2009, 11:08 AM
it's one of those toss up questions