PDA

View Full Version : AdblockPlus is not working for me anymore

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-05-2009, 04:25 PM
i'm seeing words highlighted in green on this forum again.

i have ABP installed and it's enabled, i've also got "disable on wutang-corp" checked, but still see the greens words.

what am i doing wrong?

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-05-2009, 04:29 PM
LOL

Why have you checked "disable on wu corp"?

click the drop down arrow, UN CHECK "disable on wu corp", restart firefox, then stop being such a women.

ALCATRAZ
12-05-2009, 04:40 PM
rofl

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-05-2009, 04:47 PM
HAHAHAHAhhahahahahaa

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-05-2009, 04:47 PM
i don't trust you, lacey.

not after the last thread i made in this forum.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-05-2009, 04:50 PM
HAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHhhahahahahahh !!!!

omg

just think about what you are saying, and what you typed

YOU HAVE DISABLED ADBLOCK ON WU CORP, WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND

i shouldnt of wasted my time smh

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-05-2009, 05:08 PM
well i've unchecked it now, and restarted firefox, and i still see green words.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-05-2009, 05:11 PM
hovver over the adblock symbol on the top right with your mouse, the status should say 'adblock plus is active', if it doesnt, and if the symbol on the top right isnt red, then its not activated and you need to click it.

tools
add ons
enable
restart firefox
click on the symbol
restart firefox (to be sure)

theres nothing more you can do unless re install adblock if youve been messing around with settings. you shouldnt need to mess around with settings at all. apart from adding google analytics.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-05-2009, 05:14 PM
edit i meant top right

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-05-2009, 05:24 PM
i did that, the box that pops up says it's enabled, but under that it says it's blocked 0 out of 99 items on this page. the ABP icon is red.

i didn't mess around with any settings. i just got this laptop, download firefox and downloaded addons for it.

if i select the preferences and add wutang-corp to it, ABP would block everything including the times of each post and the go to last message icons and everything.

Poetic Wun
12-06-2009, 01:19 AM
if your ABP looks like this:
http://i50.tinypic.com/168hrps.png
and it still aint working then it might be you got an incompatible update... one of the recent builds of either ABP or FF isn't compatible with the other...

this happened to me and i had to go in and "manually" add my subscriptions again the other day when i downgraded my laptop to xp.

When you installed the add-on did it restart and take you to the subsciptions page or no?

T4R1K
12-06-2009, 04:46 AM
what about re-installing firefox?

btw, I use chrome, is there a similar program for this webbrowser?

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-07-2009, 08:12 PM
if your ABP looks like this:
http://i50.tinypic.com/168hrps.png
and it still aint working then it might be you got an incompatible update... one of the recent builds of either ABP or FF isn't compatible with the other...

this happened to me and i had to go in and "manually" add my subscriptions again the other day when i downgraded my laptop to xp.

When you installed the add-on did it restart and take you to the subsciptions page or no?

yeah, my ABP looks just like that ^.

ABP was working fine on my old computer. but when i was using my aunt's laptop and downgraded it to xp, and downloaded firefox then ABP, the problems showed.

i have a new laptop on vista, downloaded firefox then ABP and the same problem is occurring. i think i had to restart firefox when ABP installed but i don't remember being taken to a subscriptions page, though.