PDA

View Full Version : Why r we being flooded with fanged ones in Hollywood?

V4D3R
12-07-2009, 05:05 AM
I know some won't see the angle but I do. All these fuckin vampire movies and tv shows like fuk I bet they going to have a vampire themed comedy next on tv.

I really think it has to do with the true controlers of our governments. The Draconian race ruling the elite of the world. They control that shit. I mean why hasent anybody questioned this shit yet and it has been then lead me to the discussion. But those who kno what I'm going on about let's talk about it.

Sky Blue Bally Kid
12-07-2009, 05:36 AM
I think it's inevitable there will be a Scary Movie type spoof film of all these films.

dezmond
12-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Jus like Harry Potter as the acceptable face of the occult.. What next - 'Meet the Reptillians'!?

PALEFORCE
12-07-2009, 12:15 PM
i was just reading about how some rabbis drink blood from circumsized newborns i

Longbongcilvaringz
12-07-2009, 12:21 PM
^ All jews do that.

And vampire films have been around since films have been around.

dezmond
12-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Yeah but they used to be scary now they look all glamorous & shit.. cant say i've seen any just going by the advertising..

Bring back Blade..

TheBoarzHeadBoy
12-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Blade? Bring back his sidekick Ryan Reynolds... God he's sexy... I mean Jessica Biel... So fucking hot in that flick.

no homo

WARPATH
12-07-2009, 04:31 PM
What about the innuendos in the twilight series.

Native Americans that turn into dogs. Fight with the sparkly white-and-delight-some vampires.

Written by a MORMON.

Hmmmmm.......

Chastity is hot. At least it is for many of the millions of Twilight fans, eagerly devouring the saga in book form and onscreen. The newest cinematic installment, based on the second book New Moon, opened just before Thanksgiving and is raking in millions.
In the capable hands of author, mother, and BYU (http://www.byu.edu/webapp/home/index.jsp) alum Stephenie Meyer, chastity is charged with sexual excitement. In the first book the two main characters, Bella (the human) and Edward (the vampire), lurch back forth on her bed, in the forest, at school; they stare into each other’s pining eyes, wanting nothing more than to embrace one another in their eternal teen crush. And the temptations persist.
But herein lies the problem.
As a vampire, Edward’s desire to consume his human love verges on the literal: a brush too close or a kiss that lingers too long could override his better judgment and trigger his animal thirst for sex/blood! Bella, meanwhile, waffles between self-assured maturity and complete helplessness at the hands of one of most sentimental boy crushes of recent literature. Yet the stakes for her are much higher. As critics have pointed out, sex would mean death for the suffering heroine, but not for the stunning male lead, already locked into immortality. Even without the vampires, it’s surely enough to strike terror into the hearts of parents, teachers, guidance counselors, and feminists everywhere.
It has become commonplace to underscore (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1734838,00.html) Meyer’s Mormon background and thus, naturally, her promotion of chastity in Twilight—in The Atlantic (http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200812/twilight-vampires), for example, Caitlin Flanagan tied Meyer’s Mormon faith to the “erotics of abstinence” portrayed in the novels. But is this new, sexy approach to chastity and moral purity the only Mormon manifestation to be found here?
There is definitely something Mormon about Twilight, but it’s not the focus on chaste teen love alone. More than the superhuman desire to control the teenage sexual libido, Meyer’s chronicle also draws upon much older, if somewhat less sexy, Mormon themes of eternal marriage and family life.
Of Meyer, Mormons, and the Eternal Family
Shades of Mormon theology arise quite clearly in Bella’s fixation on the vampire Edward’s “eternal family.” According to Mormon theology and practice, when a couple marries in a Temple wedding, they are bound together for all eternity, a ceremony that takes place in what is called a “sealing room.”
Sealing rooms usually have mirrors on two facing walls, so that as the couple kneels together, they can see themselves and the members of their family reflected back and forth upon each other over and over, a visual metaphor indicating that they are joined for all eternity. Any children born of a marriage sealed in a Temple are sealed to the parents for all time. Should a couple have children before they are sealed (perhaps because the children were born before joining the LDS church), the entire family can still become sealed, by all entering the sealing chamber together.
Sealing is extremely potent theological stuff. While a seal can be dissolved in the case of divorce, it is not an automatic byproduct of civil divorce. Additionally, it is one of the few places in contemporary Mormonism where one can still see the imprint of polygamy: while a woman can only be sealed to one man, men can be sealed to multiple women. A divorced or widowed woman cannot then be resealed, unless she has her initial seal dissolved in the case of divorce. A man, however, can be sealed multiple times, the ceremony remaining available to him despite divorce or the death of his wife.
Bella and Edward’s Eternal En-sealment
The Twilight saga reproduces elements of this theology through the language of eternity that echoes through Edward and Bella’s relationship. Early on in the third volume, Eclipse, for instance, Bella muses over how to describe Edward: “The word boyfriend had me chewing on the inside of my cheek with a familiar tension,” she worried. “It wasn’t the right word at all, not at all,” she searched: “I needed something more expressive of eternal commitment.”
Underpinning Edward and Bella’s relationship is their eventual, if begrudging, agreement that if she marries him he will turn her into a vampire, thus allowing them to live together for eternity. This language of eternal marriage repeats as the dominant descriptor of their relationship, closing out each of the books. Twilight ends, finally, when Bella tells Edward: “I love you more than everything else in the world combined. Isn’t that enough?” To which Edward responds, “Yes, it is enough… Enough for forever.”
In New Moon, the narrative ends with the observation that Edward is Bella’s destiny, walking alongside her. And in Eclipse the last line from Bella’s perspective records the moment of engagement: “He once again slid my ring into place on the third finger of my left hand. Where it would stay—conceivably for the rest of eternity.” The entire series ends with the observation that they can practice their mental intimacy “forever and forever and forever” before they move on to the physical intimacy that Bella describes in the last sense of the book as a “small but perfect piece of our forever.”

Fuck a mormon.

While I was not surprised, I was slightly taken aback that the only brown person portrayed in the Twilight movie, Laurent, was the leader of the “bad” coven of vampires (even though in the book he is not described as black, but rather having a slightly olive pallor to his stone skin). This was unsettling b/c we see it far far too often in major media. All that is good and pure is White and beautiful, and evil is always associated w/ Dark. In the movie Laurent is black, which natural hair, and while in this first movie (and first book) he steps out to not interfere b/t the two covens, later, in New Moon, we find that he does indeed come back to hunt and kill Bella. Writers do nothing unintentionally. Words are too precious a commodity in a finished product to do things by accident, so I don’t find the fact that a major player for the “Bad Guys” being the only brown skinned person a coincidence. In the mind of the writer, when it came time to introduce a force for evil, a darker skinned person came to mind. Even in the book, the darker skin, the olive tone, is associated w/ being bad.
Then, there is the issue of dealing w/ the Native American tribe. We start w/ the stereotypical poor Reservation, w/ it’s tiny, shabby houses filled w/ dark skinned kids running around shirtless and barefoot all the time. Those crazy savages, unable to bother w/ things like clothes. It is no surprise to me, either, that this is the foundation for the Werewolves in these stories.
The Werewolves, barely able to control the wild desires in them, unable to control their tempers and initially unable to control the rage in them that transforms them. Unable to control that urge to hunt and kill. Even, in the case of the character Sam Uley and his finace, Emily. In a fit of uncontrollable rage young Sam loses his control and slashes Emily from scalp to the length of her arm leaving permanent disfiguring scars. Modern day held over stereotypes of “Injuns” and their foul tempers circle over the heads of Native Americans everyday, and here, in a popular young adult fiction series we have the Werewolves, the ones unable to control their nature, as Native Americans. Granted, over time they are able to control their urges and master their transformations, but it is something they must overcome and learn, just as Natives must learn to not be so poor and lazy and savage. Oh, and later on Jacob sexually assaults Bella, something that good, white Edward would never too, b/c he is perfect and chaste.

Koolish
12-07-2009, 05:23 PM
i say twilight is the only reason vampires are coming back so big.

but fuck twilight.

V4D3R
12-07-2009, 06:11 PM
What about the innuendos in the twilight series.

Native Americans that turn into dogs. Fight with the sparkly white-and-delight-some vampires.

Im sure Slippy you remember my old Kanienkehaka creation story about how the Mohawk people defeated the serpent demons and put them into the endless pit inside our Mother.

Aint that sum shit.

AcidPhosphate69
12-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Native Americans that turn into dogs. Fight with the sparkly white-and-delight-some vampires

I'd just like to point out, that the whole vampire vs. werewolves thing has be around for ages. Also, for a dog...I personally would not mind being able to turn into something like that. It's actually kind of badass.

Either way, there is always the possibility that this is a trend. I'm just saying. Weirder shit has happened.

V4D3R
12-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Blade? Bring back his sidekick Ryan Reynolds... God he's sexy... I mean Jessica Biel... So fucking hot in that flick.

no homo
They are actually doing a new Blade prequel trilogy with Stephen Dorff's character Frost from the original movie, with the original director - forgot his name.

And that was kinda homo if your a man - but all power to you - hate the sin not the sinner.

Giflord
12-08-2009, 04:46 PM
too many goddamn fang-bangers in tinsel town

SG
01-26-2010, 06:21 PM
I know some won't see the angle but I do. All these fuckin vampire movies and tv shows like fuk I bet they going to have a vampire themed comedy next on tv.

I really think it has to do with the true controlers of our governments. The Draconian race ruling the elite of the world. They control that shit. I mean why hasent anybody questioned this shit yet and it has been then lead me to the discussion. But those who kno what I'm going on about let's talk about it.

health
In some books (self improvment) the term "vampire" is used to describe individuals consuming energy meaning weighing on you, making you feel run down....burned out...tired.

This is also talked about by psychologist

V4D3R
01-26-2010, 09:22 PM
^^Emotional vampires are real...

SKAMPOE
01-26-2010, 09:41 PM
health
In some books (self improvment) the term "vampire" is used to describe individuals consuming energy meaning weighing on you, making you feel run down....burned out...tired.

This is also talked about by psychologist
werd, n dats what the govmnt is doin with taxes and fucked up politis and all this mass media entertainment n shit dumbing niggaz minds down, werd werd, i cee that!