PDA

View Full Version : Comic Book Movies

iNtell3kT
09-27-2005, 06:55 AM
do you think the comic book movies should build like the comics themselves and keep going till soem1 gets tired of making them?

like a possible X-Men 10 or Spider Man 10 Sequels?

i think it'll be hard to end a already started sequel of comic book movies like X-Men and Spiderman, that is if they're going to follow the storyline and not kill off the superherowith like 4+ Sequels, cause theres thousands of X-Men comics and Spidey comics.....

me personally, i get into it, ive been a comic freek sense i knew what comics were..
whiel some might say its too repeatable or mediocre ect.., i would still stay and whatch them like a die hard star wars fan (cept without the collectables and costums, just the movies and dvds)

i know soem of you will get tired of them....but ima enjoy it, cause we're moving into (so to speak) a revolution in movie makings, theres a lot of movies that are going to be based on video games like Halo, Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, Rainbow Six and u got the soon to be released DOOM movie that'll start it all bassically for the video games....im just happy that people arnt doing the same thing sense media and movies, tv ect.. started by either pulling somthing out their ass or them "Based On A True Story" movies, not to see they weren't good but imo, this new generation in movie making is really taking a step forward.......i wouldnt be suprise by the time my kids my age somthing like the Truman Show or Ed TV will become true!!!!!

tell me what u think

TheCat
09-27-2005, 07:38 AM
3 is always a good number to stop at.

its hard for films to get any better from the first one never mind the thrid. hollywood just milks shit out to shit cream

iNtell3kT
09-27-2005, 07:57 AM
word....hard to enjoy movies with the right actors these days, just cause he gots a famous face doesnt mean shit...ya know common sense would say, pick a new actor, make your film a good movie ya know..lol

Skellington
09-27-2005, 12:12 PM
I don't think they should've touched them in the first place.

Pretty shitty movies, I mean they're allright for kids to watch tho, I can imagine it's spetaculair but...damn.......The casts in these movies are AWEFULL.

KIND
09-28-2005, 10:29 AM
As long as they make em raw (rated R)

Like instead of doing X3 & Spidey 3, they should have done a Secret Wars movie that way they could have tossed everybody in there.
Blade, Hulk, Dare Devil, Fantastic 4, Punisher, etc....

Mix shit up, maybe even do a Weapon X movie

I havent seen Batman Begins or Catwoman but I hated the fact that they just restarted the series.

iNtell3kT
09-28-2005, 07:24 PM
^^word but this batman movie was more grown up and had special effects, i havnt seen catwomen either yet, i forgot all about the movie in fact, i gotta give my girl hallie barry more credit and bootleg that movie...hahaha

Mark
09-29-2005, 09:16 AM
As long as they make em raw (rated R)

Like instead of doing X3 & Spidey 3, they should have done a Secret Wars movie that way they could have tossed everybody in there.
Blade, Hulk, Dare Devil, Fantastic 4, Punisher, etc....

Mix shit up, maybe even do a Weapon X movie

both would be so sick, i love marvel

Icurus
09-29-2005, 08:51 PM
They all are bad after a while. The Crow is still my favorite comic book movie till this day.

Punch
09-29-2005, 10:04 PM
They're cool gor what they are, but it opens up the door for better and more mature comics to be adapted.

Road to Perdition
Ghost World
American Splendor
History of Violence

all adapted from comics

i can't wait to see V for Vendetta. Though I'm sure they fucked it up, the trailer looks pretty good

Skellington
09-30-2005, 04:42 AM
^^word but this batman movie was more grown up and had special effects, i havnt seen catwomen either yet, i forgot all about the movie in fact, i gotta give my girl hallie barry more credit and bootleg that movie...hahaha
I don't think special effects make a movie more grown up,on the contrary it makes it less grown up. It ain't "realistic" no more ( not that these marvel flicks are realistic in the first place) but you know what I mean, you can see clearly everything is computer made etc.....And...it sucks, it's very good for kids yeah I agree to that.

iNtell3kT
09-30-2005, 06:19 AM
I don't think special effects make a movie more grown up,on the contrary it makes it less grown up. It ain't "realistic" no more ( not that these marvel flicks are realistic in the first place) but you know what I mean, you can see clearly everything is computer made etc.....And...it sucks, it's very good for kids yeah I agree to that.no i was just saying it was more mature and looked better....

but i dont care if its for the kids, if it gots at least a PG-13 rating, it should be good enough, i dont need titys and cocain in every movie i whatch ya know...somtimes its good to kick back and whatch one of them....

the only time they should make them gory is when the comic itself is gory, otherwise they have no buisness puttin ie. The Hulk ripping some1 apart with his hands, cause he never did that in the comics ya know......thats what im saying, i enjoy reading the comics, and i enjoy whatching the movies also

Skellington
09-30-2005, 06:41 AM
U...huu....but...ehm...I wasn't talking about titties and coca´ne...why bring that up,while we're discussing comic book movies lol :)

Al i'm saying is they overreacted with the damn effects and the casting is God awefull. A 3 year old could do it better, for instance take a look at the new Batman.......nuff said...

Peter Parker -> Tobey (LMFAO)......

And now they plannin' on casting Topher as Venom???? They should pick someone like Batista to play him you know LOL

Punch
09-30-2005, 12:33 PM
U...huu....but...ehm...I wasn't talking about titties and coca´ne...why bring that up,while we're discussing comic book movies lol :)

Al i'm saying is they overreacted with the damn effects and the casting is God awefull. A 3 year old could do it better, for instance take a look at the new Batman.......nuff said...

Peter Parker -> Tobey (LMFAO)......

And now they plannin' on casting Topher as Venom???? They should pick someone like Batista to play him you know LOL What's wrong with Tobey?

Mark
10-01-2005, 06:27 AM
Sabretooth was kinda wack in X-Men imo, he was too fake.

Tobey is a good Spiderman imo!

Skellington
10-01-2005, 07:24 AM
What's wrong with Tobey?
...everything?

Punch
10-01-2005, 10:25 PM
...everything?
yeah thanks for clearing that up

ARCHRIVAL
10-04-2005, 05:02 PM
dick tracy

WolfMan
10-15-2005, 04:02 PM
Sabretooth was kinda wack in X-Men imo, he was too fake.
Yeah, well wrestlers don't usually act very good in movies, just like rappers...

midGet
10-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Fantastic Four.....MF Doom rulez! :yes: the movie ain't nothin' special but the depiction of Doom was great.....think he deserves a movie.